hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

I can't stop thinking about the new Betti Armlock. I'm glad it doesn't launch till the 15th so I don't make any rash desicions. 😬

Edit: this I'd definitely the thread I was looking for...😬 

Edited by GB13
  • Haha 1

Bought these slick shafts to put in my jet black SM7 set. IMG_2628.jpg

• Like 6

I’ve been perusing a certain Driver at Play it Again Sports and had gotten them to lower the price from $300 to $250. Okay, okay, it’s the Callaway Rogue Driver. It’s 10.5* with Aldila Quaranta 40 gram Light shaft. My concern was as I age I would be better off with a Senior flex shaft. My swing speed is in the upper 70’s at 8 AM when I tee off, but increases to the mid 80’s after I have played 5 or 6 holes.

So with the $50 price reduction, I gathered up the following clubs that I just don’t have any need for. They are: PowerBilt AFO DFX Driver, Warrior 4H, Mizuno FliHi 5 Hybrid, Warrior 60* wedge, Mizuno TP11 56* wedge, & Bombtech 52/56/60 Wedges.

That said, I got $140 for them so the Rogue cost me just $132.

Did I get a good deal? I think so. I went to the range this afternoon, set the driver to Neutral and started banging away after a warmup with my Wilson Triton Driver. The first thing I discovered was the 10.5* came off very low. The second was the light shaft left the clubhead open at impact yielding a fade. I tried several different adjustments with my stance and grip but still had a much lower ball flight. My adjustment for tomorrow is +1 Loft and “D” settinG for draw.

Any suggestions? Has anyone tried this shaft?

file-3A83C2DA-D9A8-42ED-B26D-A749B524A713-7571-00000880B40073FC.jpg.19994498fc7e94744894693ed0778b3d.jpg

Image1551387676.242320.jpg.c0bbe684d29db7560f7a2853e2f7f2f7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Spent a bucket of balls at the range today, trying to get a feel for the Senior shaft in my Callaway Rogue. Worked on consistentcy, think I got the feel of the shaft as I developed a little lag so that the ball flight was almost straight. The settings are Standard Neutral for the 10.5* Driver.

Gonna game it tomorrow to see if I can get more distance than usual from my Cobra F8 and Wilson Triton.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

• Like 2

Oh the late night eBay searches - you strike again.  I'm happy with my clubs for the most part. So I bought a pair of Travis Mathew Short, Nike TW shorts, and a black Nike Polo (the one Brooks Koepka was wearing on Saturday at the Honda).

• Like 2

SWMBO "claims" I dont need another driver until I sell one. I decided to sell the pxg as it is no bueno for me. What she doesn't know yet is I just bought the Cobra F9 head and haven't quite got the PXG sold as of yet! I wonder how comfortable our couch is!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Taylormade M6 3W 15°
Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0 65g
GP MCC+4 Midsize

IMG_1732.JPG
IMG_1733.JPGIMG_1734.JPGIMG_1735.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

On 3/2/2019 at 6:38 PM, djahubes said:

I have a TS3 with even flow t1100 and a HZRDUS smoke. (Swap out depending on the wind out here in Hawaii)

The Ventus is the real deal so far. Just got back from the range. Used the voice caddie sc200 to compare the two and the F9 combo was significantly better. I swing 100 mph average up to a max of around 110. Was consistently seeing ball speeds measured over 150mph which is the top end for me. I can get there with the TS3 but not as frequently.

All that said, the tS3 is a consistently straight and long driver and was having some big misses left with the cobra. Just got it so am getting used to it. I will say when I played yesterday hit some monsters that were farther than I have seen at this course.

I had the exact same results during my tests between the F9 and TS3.  For me as a lefty, the miss with the F9 was more to the right, but I found that I could get a few out there in the 310 range and I average closer to 295 with the TS3 and much straighter.  Ball speeds did not seem to change that much, maybe a mile or two, but it was more about the launch and spin conditions when I would get the F9 out there a bit further.  

I wonder if others will have a similar miss as I've talked to two other people who had the exact same faults with the F9.  Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, juspoole said:

I had the exact same results during my tests between the F9 and TS3.  For me as a lefty, the miss with the F9 was more to the right, but I found that I could get a few out there in the 310 range and I average closer to 295 with the TS3 and much straighter.  Ball speeds did not seem to change that much, maybe a mile or two, but it was more about the launch and spin conditions when I would get the F9 out there a bit further.  

I wonder if others will have a similar miss as I've talked to two other people who had the exact same faults with the F9.  Thanks for your feedback.

I gamed the F8+ for all of 2018 and absolutely loved it.  I got a fitting and demoed the Cobra F9 3 other times and I couldn't stop hooking it.

It's really a shame they didn't offer a + model this year.  I don't care what the say about the F9 9*, it isn't weighted like the F8+ was

6 minutes ago, jlukes said:

It's really a shame they didn't offer a + model this year.  I don't care what the say about the F9 9*, it isn't weighted like the F8+ was

Was the + model a more open or weighted differently.  I didn't spend much time with it last year besides hitting on a bay a couple times, but remember really liking it.  

I still think it's funny that Cobra has had the "twist face" technology for years, yet they don't get any of the credit for it.  My first nice clubs were Cobra and some of the best I've every had.  A great learning club the Cobra SSI Irons.

2 minutes ago, juspoole said:

Was the + model a more open or weighted differently.  I didn't spend much time with it last year besides hitting on a bay a couple times, but remember really liking it.  

I still think it's funny that Cobra has had the "twist face" technology for years, yet they don't get any of the credit for it.  My first nice clubs were Cobra and some of the best I've every had.  A great learning club the Cobra SSI Irons.

Weighted different.  more weight forward.  Meant that the closure rate was slower

• Like 1

Just did a club fitting at Club Champion yesterday for new irons.  Went with Callaway Apex heads and KBS Tour Graphite 70 shafts.  Reshafting my  M4 driver with a Paderson Kevlar Launch shaft.  Also fell in love with and bought an Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven putter.

• Like 4

SWMBO "claims" I dont need another driver until I sell one. I decided to sell the pxg as it is no bueno for me. What she doesn't know yet is I just bought the Cobra F9 head and haven't quite got the PXG sold as of yet! I wonder how comfortable our couch is!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Well I’ll gladly store any of your clubs in my garage . I’ll even take them out for a round or two so they stay in playing shape!

• Like 3

Just picked up a Tour Edge Exotics EXS 17* fairway wood with Tensei Blue CK 50R shaft. Also a pair of Cobra F9 hybrids with Atmos Black 7R shafts.

• Like 2

Not really golf related, but I finally bought myself a proper set of frames.

Started wearing glasses full time a few years ago, and just been wearing the issued frames.

Nike SB 7110’s

(SB stands for SkateBoard) but I am saying it means Seve Ballesteros.

IMG_5044.JPG

• Like 7

Not really golf related, but I finally bought myself a proper set of frames.

Started wearing glasses full time a few years ago, and just been wearing the issued frames.

Nike SB 7110’s

(SB stands for SkateBoard) but I am saying it means Seve Ballesteros.

IMG_5044.JPG.a87f76ad06810374a804da09fc823baf.JPG

Nice. I had a few pairs of Nike frames and ended up going to Oakley. Went with these in my latest pair and love them. I only wear contacts every once in a while these days.

IMG_1446.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Nice. I had a few pairs of Nike frames and ended up going to Oakley. Went with these in my latest pair and love them. I only wear contacts every once in a while these days.

IMG_1446.thumb.jpg.45b596ee8a4ad4ccb10b36b8464749a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought about some Oakley’s. I’ve had a few pairs of sunglasses. I’ll probably go with the Frogskin prescription lenses for the shads this year.
  • Like 1

Looking for the perfect classic Ping putter to finish off my vintage bag. Bought a 7 putter lot on eBay. Two O-Blades, Two Pal, Y-Blade, Day, and Anser.

Hopefully one fits perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

And hell, add a Ping CU5 to that list. Try another face balanced blade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just switched out my 5 and 6 irons for the Srixon Z U85s I was looking for a more forgiving strike than my KZG Forge III's and I wanted a few more yards out of each club for some of the longer par 3s on my home course I'm either over swinging for a few extra yards or I'm trying to layoff a hybrid by hitting a fade.

I just got fit for an Epic Flash Driver in 10.5 with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution IV 661 and picked up 14 yards over my M1 

Edited by Mackdaddy9
  • Like 3