hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Picked up a Tour Issue Fujikura Pro 53K X-Stiff shaft, a Callaway Epic 10.5* head, and an OptiFit 2 adapter. Going to see if I can make a high launching low spinning bomber. Always wanted to try the shaft and couldn’t resist the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

57963291465__D22CCF23-94AB-4581-AE70-D1D9BA96CBC5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Just ordered a Project X EvenFlow Blue 6.0 65g with the M5 adapter. 🤩

A friend of one of my cousins (by marriage) works in the same building as me and I see him every morning. We were talking shafts this morning and he's going to give me a Diamana Blueboard 60S with a TaylorMade adapter to test drive as well.

• Like 5

Was at Macy’s to get my youngest some jewelry for her communion on Saturday and the wife used a $75 coupon to get me a new pair of Oakley shades.

• Like 4

Custom 2.75" and 1.5" Epoch golf tees from Evolve Golf!

• Like 1

And I just ordered JD’s Yankees Loudmouth pants in the shorts version for myself and my son for our annual Father/Son at our club. Pair those with Peter Millar Skull and Bones shirts and you have the best dressed winners.

• Like 4

Picked up another Hogan TK15 wedge, a 51* to go with my 2006 Hogan Apex set. While I didn’t love the TK15 design in the higher lofts, for sand wedge or lob wedge for example, I do think the Ft. Worth and TK15 are a great design for the 3- Gap wedge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 5/10/2019 at 7:02 PM, PING Apologist #9 said:

Grabbed up a new PING G410 7-wood to fill my ugly gap between 5I & 5w. It fits nicely!😁

Have had some chances to hit this thing a few times during play and man is it a great club for me. I like hitting fairway woods from the deck anyway and this one is no different. My gap between 175 & 195 has evaporated and I have high confidence that I can get there with it every time.

Had one shot (second on a par-4) from the right rough to a thin green protected with a long steep bunker in front that I did want to challenge and try to get over. The pin was way left and barely peeking out from the edge of the sand, but had no visible green to hit to. To the right away from the bunker, there was way more green exposed so I chose to hit it there even though it meant a very long lag putt would be required. One of my playing partners was nearby and I explained what I was seeing to him and stated that my intention was to aim toward the garage of the house behind my selected spot and if it went well, I should be on the green to the right. I executed perfectly and he was impressed. So too was I with the flight of the ball and it landed softly on the sliver of green right where I wanted it.

3-putts later...😖

• Like 3

Bye bye Leupold GX-5i3. Hello Bushnell Pro XE!

• Like 4

Ignore the dirty truck floor but got an F8 with a PX Hazardous shaft for $120 today. Couldn’t pass it. 57989663768__08A41309-D2E6-4F81-96F1-5AD2C46EAE0E.JPG57989664791__E8AF3ED6-DD3A-4643-AFB0-BF1F8F390056.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

On 5/16/2019 at 2:05 PM, mr.hicksta said:

Custom 2.75" and 1.5" Epoch golf tees from Evolve Golf!

So you can get tees cut to your preference height wise?

• Like 1

So you can get tees cut to your preference height wise?

No they sell packs that have 40 long tees and 10 short tees. I’ve been using the regular ones for years and decided to give the custom ones a whirl!
  • Like 1

I picked up a Callaway SureOut 62 degree wedge.  My new golf course has mounds all around the greens and I could not use my bump and run style of chipping.  I went out yesterday and this wedge is fricking awesome! It checks up like a butterfly landing with sore feet. I was able to hit high soft shots over sand traps, little pitch and stop shots from flat areas and all sorts of fun stuff. The darn thing is slicker than a buttered down ear of corn on the cob......  😍🐷  WOW where has it been all these years 👀.     My Squire Strike Wedge will be sitting it's green butt in my truck toolbox for a period of unknown timeout......

• Like 7

I looked at one of those at the demo day OG, they look fun! Enjoy the new tool!

• Like 1

Just now, Shankster said:

I looked at one of those at the demo day OG, they look fun! Enjoy the new tool!

It's a riot to play with!   I'll head out this evening and work with it some more. Tomorrow it will be put to  test when I tee it up with the old geezers at my club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I picked up a Callaway SureOut 62 degree wedge.  My new golf course has mounds all around the greens and I could not use my bump and run style of chipping.  I went out yesterday and this wedge is fricking awesome! It checks up like a butterfly landing with sore feet. I was able to hit high soft shots over sand traps, little pitch and stop shots from flat areas and all sorts of fun stuff. The darn thing is slicker than a buttered down ear of corn on the cob......  😍🐷  WOW where has it been all these years 👀

... Nice pick up! Not sure about sore feet but you now certainly have a "tasty" wedge. Butterflies have taste sensors on their feet, and by standing on a leaf, they can taste it to see if their caterpillars can eat it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I picked up a Callaway SureOut 62 degree wedge.  My new golf course has mounds all around the greens and I could not use my bump and run style of chipping.  I went out yesterday and this wedge is fricking awesome! It checks up like a butterfly landing with sore feet. I was able to hit high soft shots over sand traps, little pitch and stop shots from flat areas and all sorts of fun stuff. The darn thing is slicker than a buttered down ear of corn on the cob......  😍🐷  WOW where has it been all these years 👀.     My Squire Strike Wedge will be sitting it's green butt in my truck toolbox for a period of unknown timeout......

I have been using my SureOut for bunkers.  I was horrible out of the sand because I played for 22 years on a course with no bunkers.  Now I get out all the time.  All of those big bounce wedges are great, but I liked the grooves across the entire face of the SureOut for those shots off the toe.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Nice pick up! Not sure about sore feet but you now certainly have a "tasty" wedge. Butterflies have taste sensors on their feet, and by standing on a leaf, they can taste it to see if their caterpillars can eat it.

So, just like Aimpoint... standing on the green, a golfer can taste the slope to see if their ball will find the hole.  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So, just like Aimpoint... standing on the green, a golfer can taste the slope to see if their ball will find the hole.  😉

... If you have wings? Absolutely! 😜

• Like 2