hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

Decided to rebuild my KZG’s with some R300’s instead of the R300 High Launch in there now. Figured I’d give them some bling so I ordered these. I think I’ll do the paint fill to match.

251DA140-F6D8-4C51-892B-2FE3A874C65D-942-000000A9D72E33BF.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

One of my golfing buddies at the office heard I was playing Bethpage Black in Sunday and asked if I had a light bag. I really did not so he cut me a great deal on a Titleist Players 4 bag and it is even in my college colors. Well worth hosting him for a round at my club next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Ordered two dozen more of the new MaxFli Tour CGs while they're still $25 on sale at Dick's (when buying 2 or more).

After only one round with them, I'm a believer - these balls are legit!

This time around I got the X version to try - which .. of course .. I should've done the first time, ie. get one dozen of each version... duh.... (but hey I know I can use them: "it takes a lotta balls to play golf the way I do!" 😆)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, deejaid said:

Decided to rebuild my KZG’s with some R300’s instead of the R300 High Launch in there now. Figured I’d give them some bling so I ordered these. I think I’ll do the paint fill to match.

251DA140-F6D8-4C51-892B-2FE3A874C65D-942-000000A9D72E33BF.jpg

Please post pics of that when you are done--- I guess you are doing the "teardrop" CBs as I call them----- Don't see many KZGs around anyhow much less full custom

• Like 1

Please post pics of that when you are done--- I guess you are doing the "teardrop" CBs as I call them----- Don't see many KZGs around anyhow much less full custom

Yeah, the teardrop cavity backs. I looked for the funkiest, 1970’s looking ferrules I could find. My Hogan’s and Wilson are all very proper looking, I figured it would be fun to go crazy with the KZG’s.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 10:31 AM, ole gray said:

I picked up a Callaway SureOut 62 degree wedge.  My new golf course has mounds all around the greens and I could not use my bump and run style of chipping.  I went out yesterday and this wedge is fricking awesome! It checks up like a butterfly landing with sore feet. I was able to hit high soft shots over sand traps, little pitch and stop shots from flat areas and all sorts of fun stuff. The darn thing is slicker than a buttered down ear of corn on the cob......  😍🐷  WOW where has it been all these years 👀.     My Squire Strike Wedge will be sitting it's green butt in my truck toolbox for a period of unknown timeout......

Or as we say it sits like a butterfly with hemorrhoids.😜

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, deejaid said:

Yeah, the teardrop cavity backs. I looked for the funkiest, 1970’s looking ferrules I could find. My Hogan’s and Wilson are all very proper looking, I figured it would be fun to go crazy with the KZG’s.

I can subscribe to that after all you are from California and California and funky go hand in hand------ By the way I refer to all hybrids as "little funkys" all hybrids look funky to me. We can refer to them as the Funkadelic KZGs from now on. Rock On

Edited by BIG STU
  • Like 4

On 3/22/2019 at 6:21 PM, TSauer said:

Rukket was running a good sale, so I decided to pick up their 10x7 net that comes with a swing trainer similar to that of an orange whip. Can finally start practicing at home.

How much was did you pay for the set at the time? Is it holding up well?

I can subscribe to that after all you are from California and California and funky go hand in hand------ By the way I refer to all hybrids as "little funkys" all hybrids look funky to me. We can refer to them as the Funkadelic KZGs from now on. Rock On

Haha, I like that! The KZG Funkadelics.

I tell you Stu when I’m hitting the persimmons well I do, as George Clinton says, “get a little glide in my stride and a little dip in my hip”.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I can subscribe to that after all you are from California and California and funky go hand in hand------ 

... From Days of Thunder: "If you're from California, you're not a Yankee. You're not really anything."

You really need to get some good sunscreen for your neck Big Stu! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

... From Days of Thunder: "If you're from California, you're not a Yankee. You're not really anything."

...You really need to get some good sunscreen for your neck Big Stu! 

I know a lot of people in California but very few from California, myself included. My wife says I’m a drifter, willing to go wherever.

I’ve always said, putting down roots is for trees.

... Yup, we have become a nomadic country. I have lived in Ky, Va, NC, Ga, Pa, Ill, Ca and Az. 

• Like 1

... Who doesn't wanna swing faster? I kept thinking about ordering the Super Speed Golf but $200 seemed pretty steep. When I found this Accelerator Swing Speed Training System in component form for only $89.99 I ordered it. I was surprised when it arrived today and they were already assembled. Put it through a workout and yea, it tired me out more than I thought. But I have high hopes (spoken like a golfer 🙄 ) and will post back after several weeks. 

https://www.diamondtour.com/golf-accessories/golf-swing-trainers/accelerator-swing-speed-training-system-8958.html

1834536194_ACShaft.jpg.610e545040d05d435b4c0244f58d6514.jpg

1595638747_Acheads.jpg.1d61c09f706b8b54c0d74084635676b2.jpg

1448614898_Acclubs.jpg.ad2bd497fb4e0f1e757f233cbd6ea8a7.jpg

• Like 6

I wanted to close the loop on the “4 more yards” tees I purchased awhile ago. I love these damn tees! Am I hitting drives 4 more yards? Hell if I know! I do know the consistent tee height they provide has helped me a ton. I tend to start popping up drives late in my rounds because I don’t pay attention to tee height. Since they never break I handed out three of them to my group today and they loved them. Worth a try for those of you that struggle with consistent tee height.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I wanted to close the loop on the “4 more yards” tees I purchased awhile ago. I love these damn tees! Am I hitting drives 4 more yards? Hell if I know! I do know the consistent tee height they provide has helped me a ton. I tend to start popping up drives late in my rounds because I don’t pay attention to tee height. Since they never break I handed out three of them to my group today and they loved them. Worth a try for those of you that struggle with consistent tee height.

I might have to give em a try!   🏌️‍♂️    I heard you had stock in this tee? 😉

• Like 2

Yes, I’m a shareholder. Regardless I let the tee creep up on me during the round and these set the tee height consistently each time. I still miss fairways but no more pop ups which keeps me in every hole. Give them a go...you’ll be happier than a frog in a fly eating contest.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Got one of these too

IMG_20190522_141007.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have been contemplating this for what seems like forever now. 

• Like 3

Just now, THEZIPR23 said:

It took me about a year to finally pull the trigger. It would've been easier if I didn't already have another brand of mirror previously, but I found someone to gift that to. Still debating if I want to get the putting carpet as well, heard some mixed reviews about it getting indentations from the ball rolling over it to the point of it having "tracks" but @jlukes hasn't had a problem with his and I trust his opinion over some Amazon reviews.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Got one of these too

IMG_20190522_141007.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

13 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Same. Here. I'm probably going to get the Redline one though. 

• Like 1