hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

PXG Gen2 Bat Attack

• Like 2

Odyssey White hot tour #9

I was fit into a Scotty Newport 3 but that's around 220 used. I got something close for 25 on the Bay. 😊

Didn't putt too well yesterday with the counterbalance so I'm going back to what the fitting recommended...

I was fit into a Scotty Newport 3 but that's around 220 used. I got something close for 25 on the Bay.
Didn't putt too well yesterday with the counterbalance so I'm going back to what the fitting recommended...

If you can find the ProType it is very close to the Scotty Del Mar style. Top line on the Scotty is a little bit wider but feel wise they are similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I was fit into a Scotty Newport 3 but that's around 220 used. I got something close for 25 on the Bay.
I agree with @Jmikecpa on the protype. Also found the Nike method mod 60 to be similar as well.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

If you can find the ProType it is very close to the Scotty Del Mar style. Top line on the Scotty is a little bit wider but feel wise they are similar.

Thanks! Almost bought one. Will give it a closer look. 

Spent and hour in a hitting bay at a PGA Super Store today.  I went in wanting to buy a Ping G410 but after hitting some Cally's, TMs and Pings the Taylormade M6 won out.  I hit the the Project X Evenflow shaft and the M6 12° head set at 11.5° better than anything else I tried out.  Sadly they only had the M6D in the 12° head not the standard M6 I was hitting so they had to order it with direct shipping to my houses, I'm hoping that it will be a short wait for my new toy.

• Like 4

I just picked up a Tour Issue M3 460 head to try out. I have been wanting to try one of these but I always seem to see them listed for plenty expensive and usually have a flat lie angle with an open face. Got lucky to find one with a 59.7* standard lie angle with a sub 9* loft. I will probably play it slightly lofted up to help offset any open face angle. Also thinking about putting a Diamana s+ plus shaft in it. I have always had fond memories of that shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Snagged up a dozen Snell MTB-X in optic yellow to give a whirl with. This ball has gotten some pretty good run on another thread and I'm excited to see if Snell has indeed "fixed" the ball these replaced-the MTB Red.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I'm excited to see if Snell has indeed "fixed" the ball these replaced-the MTB Red.

They have, believe me. It's such a better ball than the Red.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, MattF said:

They have, believe me. It's such a better ball than the Red.

Good to hear Mate! I sooooo wanted the original Reds to work for me, but alas the "ballooning" I saw was obviously a problem for many of us. In fact so much so that flaw is prominently stated as a "fix" by Dean himself in the description of the MTB-X on his website:

https://www.snellgolf.com/collections/golf-balls/products/mtb-x?variant=18041669353537

I know through testing that I was not the only one by any stretch to notice this problem, and it was obviously taken to heart by Snell. Time will tell for me once I receive my new orbs if I can see the difference personally, but is it so awesome to hear from another MSG'er (and others as well) that this characteristic has seemingly been addressed. In fact it seems that our little forums can be quite an influence when the manufacturers peek in eh? I bet Dean himself is lurking about and could perhaps chime in..?

Dean? You have the floor!😎

• Like 4

Got this for the new TS hybrid when they come out.

IMG_3335.jpg

• Like 5

Oh yeah I got this today also.

IMG_3349.jpg

• Like 5

....never know what you'll find out there.

I was browsing through golf stuff on the facebook marketplace and found a couple that is moving to NC and they had 7 full size driving range mats they were selling for 10.00 each....these are the big heavy thick ones that they use at ranges.

Bought 2 of them just because but I'm tempted to go back and get the other 5... I could use them for a basement putting green.

The other 2 I'll use in the back yard for chipping practice and hitting into the net.  

Couldn't believe it!  These things are usually a fortune.

• Like 5

My wife surprised me with a Titleist putter fitting for Father’s Day. Should I bring the several dozen I already own or should I just get something new?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

My wife surprised me with a Titleist putter fitting for Father’s Day. Should I bring the several dozen I already own or should I just get something new?

That's awesome! I suggest bringing at least your favorite 2 or 3 and challenge the fitter to top them or "no sale!" Have fun regardless...Heh now I know what to ask for my Father's day gift...albeit a PING putter fitting of course...!😛

• Like 1

That's awesome! I suggest bringing at least your favorite 2 or 3 and challenge the fitter to top them or "no sale!" Have fun regardless...Heh now I know what to ask for my Father's day gift...albeit a PING putter fitting of course...!

Just my 2 or 3 favorite? That is asking a lot of me. Actually right now none are in my top 10 and I have a lot to choose from.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Just my 2 or 3 favorite? That is asking a lot of me. Actually right now none are in my top 10 and I have a lot to choose from.

None..? Perhaps allow me to suggest a PING putter...?😉😛

• Like 1

None..? Perhaps allow me to suggest a PING putter...?

None meant all my putters including the 25 or 26 Ping putters I own. I am searching right now. I have gone arm lock and broom stick so far this year. I can’t f’in putt. So now I am going for professional help.

• Like 3

58112784892__FDDEB97E-0647-4202-B456-82C1EA743233.jpg

Father Son matching shorts have arrived.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

None meant all my putters including the 25 or 26 Ping putters I own. I am searching right now. I have gone arm lock and broom stick so far this year. I can’t f’in putt. So now I am going for professional help.

Gotcha...soooo...

th.jpg.95f33bc3a9865fc9872ee20c823ffffe.jpg

I was under the false impression that you had 10-billion Titlest putters for some odd reason. I didn't understand how deep your "illness" was set..😝

• Like 1