hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Two dozen 2019 Pro V1x!

• Like 3

Picked up Tensei Orange shaft for the tour issue M3 and 2 dozen Srixon Z star XV with their BOGO deal.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Time to see what this G400 hype was all about the past couple of years.  I've got the standard model on the way!

• Like 8

My wife has started getting into golf more and more, including going to some ladies clinics so for her birthday I bought her and Orange Whip Midsize which was recommended by the instructor.

I’m enjoying using it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Time to see what this G400 hype was all about the past couple of years.  I've got the standard model on the way!

One of the better drivers released in the last 5 years IMO. Hope you hit bombs with it!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

One of the better drivers released in the last 5 years IMO. Hope you hit bombs with it!

You and me both!   The Ping will have its work cut out.  I love the Vapor Fly Pro that's in my bag right now, it can be a rocket launcher!  But shots low on the face tend to struggle a little bit.  Let's see if Ping's legendary forgiveness will knock the Nike out of the bag.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Straight-up plain-Jane G400?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Straight-up plain-Jane G400?

Straight-up plain-Jane the O.G.-400, with a stiff-flex Alta 55.  Hoping that shaft isn't too spinny, but ready to let it fly!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, JohnSmalls said:

Straight-up plain-Jane the O.G.-400, with a stiff-flex Alta 55.  Hoping that shaft isn't too spinny, but ready to let it fly!

Sweet! Looking forward to hearing how you get along with it! Cheers!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Also, I'd let you borrow my Aldila Tour Blue shaft that has a G400 tip on it if you wanna try it out. I have not yet put a G410 tip on it so it's available for you if you want. I also have weights of varying sizes...Just let me know.

• Like 3

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal irons!
Was back at the Golf Shop different guys working the cages. Somehow after talking a bit I started hitting a few balls Callaway Rogue and was OK but not good enough to get excited. Then went through M6, Big Bertha and realized the Mizuno LH Demo was returned finally and they set it up. Kinda liked it, a lot. Long story but tried all kind of shafts and was really impressed with the Project X LZ Tour 5.0 was working great.
2 weeks delivery!

• Like 4
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Was back at the Golf Shop different guys working the cages. Somehow after talking a bit I started hitting a few balls Callaway Rogue and was OK but not good enough to get excited. Then went through M6, Big Bertha and realized the Mizuno LH Demo was returned finally and they set it up. Kinda liked it, a lot. Long story but tried all kind of shafts and was really impressed with the Project X LZ Tour 5.0 was working great.
2 weeks delivery!

Sweet Rick! I've heard great things about Mizzies and you're sure to do some damage with them! Now with the likes of yourself & @fixyurdivot getting new irons, you two guys are really gonna be monsters out there! Congrats!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

2 weeks delivery!

Good for you partner!   Have fun with those new toys and no doubt you will bag  a boatload of birdies with em 🏌️‍♂️😍

• Like 2

I grabbed a Rogue 3W off of CPO. Wanted a lower trajectory and "oooo doggie" does the x-flex Matrix Black Tie 75M4 provide that in this clubhead?!

Rainy day, grip somewhat compromised so jury is still out on real world results.

But yeah, it hit low today.

• Like 4

Had some time this morning so I dropped by my local golf shop and was browsing through the used club section and found these.    Would have preferred if they were the 5 series,  but you never know what you will find in a used shop.   Only a few dings, doesn't look like they were played much, and they had my preferred KBS Tour 120 shafts so I gave them a whirl and hit them well.    I traded in my backup set and got 5-AW for an additional $100. 

Thinking about gaming only 6-AW and replacing the 5 with another hybrid.   

IMG_0462 (Small).JPG

• Like 8

... Sweet deal cnosil!!!

• Like 1

Had some time this morning so I dropped by my local golf shop and was browsing through the used club section and found these.    Would have preferred if they were the 5 series,  but you never know what you will find in a used shop.   Only a few dings, doesn't look like they were played much, and they had my preferred KBS Tour 120 shafts so I gave them a whirl and hit them well.    I traded in my backup set and got 5-AW for an additional $100. 
Thinking about gaming only 6-AW and replacing the 5 with another hybrid.   
1965905444_IMG_0462(Small).JPG.0f64152b1f6268732158bb7d013befab.JPG

Great find!

I dropped my 5I and went with 5 hybrid . Glad I did 🏌️♂️

• Like 1

Good for you partner!   Have fun with those new toys and no doubt you will bag  a boatload of birdies with em 🏌️♂️

Working with the fitter on the correct shaft made all the difference. Current irons are senior shafts Mizuno will be regular. Current irons never felt right to me and I’m thinking it was the shaft. We’ll see in a few weeks. But the Mizzie felt just right and the numbers were better than anything else.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Working with the fitter on the correct shaft made all the difference. Current irons are senior shafts Mizuno will be regular. Current irons never felt right to me and I’m thinking it was the shaft. We’ll see in a few weeks. But the Mizzie felt just right and the numbers were better than anything else.

... "the correct shaft made all the difference" Amen my man. As I said in another thread I bought some Modus 105's that should have been a perfect fit and they were just awful for me. Felt too stiff, too heavy and launched too high. Went back to my Recoil Proto's and everything was good, using the same heads. Looking forward to hearing how they treat you. I think Hot Metals are some of the best GI irons out today. Ymmv ...

• Like 3

2 weeks delivery!

ALL ABOARD THE MIZUNO TRAIN BOOP BOOOOP! Congrats dude!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2