hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

... "the correct shaft made all the difference" Amen my man. As I said in another thread I bought some Modus 105's that should have been a perfect fit and they were just awful for me. Felt too stiff, too heavy and launched too high. Went back to my Recoil Proto's and everything was good, using the same heads. Looking forward to hearing how they treat you. I think Hot Metals are some of the best GI irons out today. Ymmv ...

The shaft/grip combo with no up charge Mizuno offers is incredible. I wasn’t shopping price just what felt good. This particular fitter (kid) had a lot of patience with me and EXPLAINED everything he was doing and that helped. I’m touchy, feely but I do want to know the thought process. Not sure if that makes sense, maybe an ole fart thing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Had some time this morning so I dropped by my local golf shop and was browsing through the used club section and found these.    Would have preferred if they were the 5 series,  but you never know what you will find in a used shop.   Only a few dings, doesn't look like they were played much, and they had my preferred KBS Tour 120 shafts so I gave them a whirl and hit them well.    I traded in my backup set and got 5-AW for an additional $100. 
Thinking about gaming only 6-AW and replacing the 5 with another hybrid.   
1965905444_IMG_0462(Small).JPG.0f64152b1f6268732158bb7d013befab.JPG

Nice find! I hit the 585 and loved them and had similar success with the Hot Metal Pros. I’m thinking combo set keeping the Cleveland Launchers in the 4-6 and going with something more accurate in the others.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Had some time this morning so I dropped by my local golf shop and was browsing through the used club section and found these.    Would have preferred if they were the 5 series,  but you never know what you will find in a used shop.   Only a few dings, doesn't look like they were played much, and they had my preferred KBS Tour 120 shafts so I gave them a whirl and hit them well.    I traded in my backup set and got 5-AW for an additional $100. 
Thinking about gaming only 6-AW and replacing the 5 with another hybrid.   
1965905444_IMG_0462(Small).JPG.0f64152b1f6268732158bb7d013befab.JPG

Very nice....

• Like 1

Working with the fitter on the correct shaft made all the difference. Current irons are senior shafts Mizuno will be regular. Current irons never felt right to me and I’m thinking it was the shaft. We’ll see in a few weeks. But the Mizzie felt just right and the numbers were better than anything else.

If it don’t feel right, it won’t be right

• Like 2

58169340201__662F6B55-1C61-4C8F-9876-5379E1A87F9D.jpg

This to hold me over until the TS hybrids come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

True Linkswear had a nice little 20% off sale a couple weeks back. Just tried these on for the first time tonight and they’re nice. Looking to give them a test run this week.

IMG_6507.JPG

• Like 4

On 6/4/2019 at 11:32 AM, THEZIPR23 said:

I love the yellow, but they were not available with the custom #'s. 😥

And testing is over these will win. 

Might be some truth to that statement

• Like 2

Today I was walking around my local Costco and for the first time ever saw and bought a few boxes of K-Sig's - Hopefully I might settle with them.

• Like 2

About two months ago I bought the new 2019 Callaway PM Grind in a 54º/14 bounce.  I've been playing it out of bunkers, rough, and from tight fairway lies.  At first I wasn't sure if I liked it.  It took awhile to get used to the sole/turf interaction, as I have been playing the SCOR with the V-sole.  I had also been playing the Callaway Sure-Out wedge strictly from bunkers with great results.  This PM grind is just as good from the sand and very versatile from other lies as well.  

Sooooooo, today I received the 2019 Callaway PM Grind in a 60º/12 bounce.  I only had time to hit a few pitches and chips, but I think I am in love... again!  I didn't hit any full shots; I rarely do anyway with either the SW or LW, but the ball really checks up!!  More so than my 7-year old SCORs.  I will need to spend some time practicing shots around the green; the ball check up so quickly, I really had to work at getting the ball to the hole on shot chips.  Whole different shot than I'm used to!!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Happy Father's Day to me! These have to be better than the cut blue, right?IMG_20190611_174307468.jpeg

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's what I've been playing this year so far.  Let me know what you think about durability.  I've had a few wedge shots that ripped up the cover pretty quickly.  Other than that I love this ball.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

That's what I've been playing this year so far.  Let me know what you think about durability.  I've had a few wedge shots that ripped up the cover pretty quickly.  Other than that I love this ball.

Will do. Durability issues are a concern though as I am sure my wedges are non conforming beings that they are not oem.

• Like 1

Will do. Durability issues are a concern though as I am sure my wedges are non conforming beings that they are not oem.

I have 2 dozen sitting on the sidelines as I go thru MTB-X testing. Deal was too good to pass up.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

I also bought 6 dozen, great deal!

• Like 1

Picked up the Cameron US Open cover yesterday.

• Like 2

Paid for my carbon fiber stand legs for my Vessel Players stand bag. Had to have them shipped to my mom's in CA though because I was quoted $63.24 for shipping to Hawaii. Sigh...one of the many reasons I'm looking forward to getting back to the mainland next year!

• Like 4

Ordered Epic Flash SZ 5 wood. Tensei AV blue 75 x stiff. Hopefully I finally fill the gap at top end of my bag. 

• Like 4

Ordered Epic Flash SZ 5 wood. Tensei AV blue 75 x stiff. Hopefully I finally fill the gap at top end of my bag. 
The way you crush the ball this should be a nice addition to the bag. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

58197822107__E410CA61-57C5-46FC-B091-369D7BBC8798.jpg
IMG_3441.jpg
IMG_3442.jpg

• Like 7

58197822107__E410CA61-57C5-46FC-B091-369D7BBC8798.thumb.jpg.454791cfb486d21b9a7c7a46ca144076.jpg
IMG_3441.thumb.jpg.bb4d77a51fcf0ac0874d21ff813e4515.jpg
IMG_3442.thumb.jpg.a3de42271dcd061a4796851a23119b6e.jpg

Very, very nice, play well

• Like 3