hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Trying out the Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal tomorrow morning.IMG_3555.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I purchased this a few weeks back, and put it to use yesterday for the first time. It 100% lives up to the hype!

IMG_3159.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I'll just leave you with this for now and come back later with some thoughts 🤩

TS1 Pic 3.jpg

TS 1 Pic 2.jpg

TS1 pic 1.jpg

Another driver? 

• Like 1

So I'll just leave you with this for now and come back later with some thoughts 

363060998_TS1Pic3.jpg.05aac2a79fb20a578503842465515f3b.jpg
911687126_TS1Pic2.jpg.de456cff79d0d4ea09419de4ed42f586.jpg
1154669445_TS1pic1.jpg.746db3d976818912e77f14b57695a004.jpg

I cannot wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Another driver? 

Yes.  But it's my only TS1 😬

33 minutes ago, GC70 said:

I cannot wait.

Well.  Maybe I'll put more detailed thoughts in the TS thread.   But the all PING bag may have an outlier in it very soon.   Like tomorrow soon!

I unfortunately didn't have the Trackman out.  But I did have my SC200 and I hit real ProV1X on a real golf hole.   So I had some numbers to compare and also a physical point of comparison as to where my drives are normally on this hole.  

It's a very straight ahead Par 4 that has a pretty generous fairway that runs out at about 250 at the end from the front of the white tees.   I teed it up Midway back on the whites.  So maybe 260 to the end. 

Conditions were a bit firm today so I expected sime roll out.

My swing speed this year when Ive been on Trackman or my SC200 has dropped to about 83 to 84 with an occasional 87 thrown in.

My carry on those has "averaged" high 180's to low 190s.  

Ok with just two or three practice 7 irons to loosen up.   I took the TS1 out.

First swing out of the headcover ....92 mph and 198 carry with a 1.35 smash...but right down the right center of the fairway.  So not solid contact but an increase of 8 mph in swing speed and when I went to get the ball.   It has rolled to within 25 yards of the end so maybe 235 total. 

Now I'd love to say every swing was thst speed but in truth most were 87 to 88.  So in reality 5 mph more than what I have been averging.  And I obtained a slightly higher smash of 143 rnage on those so I was still seeing carry of 196 to a high of 205.   And most ended up in thst 20 yard range with one getting to about 10 yards from the end. 

The sound is addicting.  A very Titliest like sharp crack.   I'll give more spec info in the appropriate thread. 

• Like 6

Well.  Maybe I'll put more detailed thoughts in the TS thread.   But the all PING bag may have an outlier in it very soon.   Like tomorrow soon!
I unfortunately didn't have the Trackman out.  But I did have my SC200 and I hit real ProV1X on a real golf hole.   So I had some numbers to compare and also a physical point of comparison as to where my drives are normally on this hole.  
It's a very straight ahead Par 4 that has a pretty generous fairway that runs out at about 250 at the end from the front of the white tees.   I teed it up Midway back on the whites.  So maybe 260 to the end. 
My swing speed this year when Ive been on Trackman or my SC200 has dropped to about 83 to 84 with an occasional 87 thrown in.
First swing out of the headcover ....92 mph and 198 carry with a 1.35 smash...but right down the right center of the fairway.  So not solid contact but an increase of 8 mph in swing speed and when I went to get the ball.   It has rolled to within 25 yards of the end so maybe 235 total. 
Now I'd love to say every swing was thst speed but in truth most were 87 to 88.  So in reality 5 mph more than what I have been averging.  And I obtained a slightly higher smash of 143 rnage on those so I was still seeing carry of 196 to a high of 205.   And most ended up in thst 20 yard range with one getting to about 10 yards from the end. 
The sound is addicting.  A very Titliest like sharp crack.   I'll give more spec info in the appropriate thread. 

Nice!

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yes.  But it's my only TS1 😬

WHOA, playing golf instead of just launch monitor data!!!!! Squeezing out a couple more MPH's of ball speed, an extra degree of launch and a few hundred revs are great during a fitting, but there's nothing like being on an entirely different spot on the courses you normally play.

• Like 1

About a year ago I found an Alpha brand Hi Cor 5w with a quality shaft on it for like 8 bucks. I crush it and its my go to off the tee. Been browsing shops and the net looking for a used used 3w to match it. Finally  gave in today and ordered a head directly from Alpha. Should have it Friday. Need to find a matching shaft.  

My concern is that the 3w and 5w are only 3 degrees off and tye distance gained irelevant.  Im hoping to gain 20 yards. 

• Like 1

Bought a Traxion Grip to throw on my Scotty today!

• Like 1

Bought a new golf shirt where you turn in a lightly used polo and get 25% off purchase.  Also ordered a new pair of Sketcher golf shoes.

• Like 5

Father’s Day I got shorts, shirts, and hats. 

I also bought a new bag. 

I frequent the Lefty buy sell trade on Facebook, I have bought drivers, putters, irons, wedges.

i need to take photos and post them, I need to stop buying, and start selling. Any lefties want some stuff? 

• Like 4

Father’s Day I got shorts, shirts, and hats. 
I also bought a new bag. 
I frequent the Lefty buy sell trade on Facebook, I have bought drivers, putters, irons, wedges.
i need to take photos and post them, I need to stop buying, and start selling. Any lefties want some stuff? 

Lefties are always looking for new stuff!

Picked up this guy to try out.  I'm somewhat surprised that MGS hasn't tested clubs out yet.  I'd love to see it on the center of gravity report as well.

641738554_ScreenShot2019-06-27at11_22_50.png.38070a4f5e03a22c98ec3e406e0fa048.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Lefties are always looking for new stuff!

Problem is Rick, I have a problem. A very serious problem. I have enough left handed supplies for 3 people to play golf with a full set of clubs, and then I still have extras. 

• Like 3

Problem is Rick, I have a problem. A very serious problem. I have enough left handed supplies for 3 people to play golf with a full set of clubs, and then I still have extras. 

I had same problem but I (we) solved it. We moved from CT to FL and I sold almost all the “backup stuff “ as a promise to War Department.
But I’m building the war chest back up a little at a time.

• Like 2

^ that's a super nice colorway. I'm gonna call it the "MGS" colorway.

• Like 1