hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Just order a bunch of stuff, take your medicine and then after a while she stops caring. I have a not to exceed number before I have to ask and thankfully it is a healthy number.

I am also smart enough to never get close to that number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a F8 Cobra Monday and will be here today. Monday evening I just mentioned to SWMBO be on the lookout for UPS, she said OK, no questions so I let it go. I think she has given up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I ordered a F8 Cobra Monday and will be here today. Monday evening I just mentioned to SWMBO be on the lookout for UPS, she said OK, no questions so I let it go. I think she has given up.

... This, and senior rates, is one of the few advantages of getting older. My wife gave up looooong ago. 🙄   The F8 is a killer driver btw, I'd wish you luck but you won't need it!

Edited by chisag
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Rickp said:

meet the UPS driver at the course ??  🙂

Congrats on the new stick - I'm still swinging the F7+ and am pleased as punch!

• Like 3

We were just leaving for lunch when the mail girl pulled into our driveway. Out she comes with the driver pkg and SWMBO looks and says what’s that another club and I say no this is the one I told you I ordered Monday, I haven’t decided what to order next.
She just mumbled and off to lunch .

• Haha 3

We were just leaving for lunch when the mail girl pulled into our driveway. Out she comes with the driver pkg and SWMBO looks and says what’s that another club and I say no this is the one I told you I ordered Monday, I haven’t decided what to order next.
She just mumbled and off to lunch .

• Like 3

Finally ordered a HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 shaft for the Epic Flash. When I went for my second fitting during the Epic Flash testing this spring, the Yellow stood out as the best shaft for me. Better clubhead speed by a lot, so I must get along well with the backweighting in the profile.

Callaway Pre-Owned had a good deal for a used one with OptiFit adapter already installed. Having it regripped with a Golf Pride NDMC in yellow to match the black/yellow shaft and shortened so the playing length will be 45.5".

Traded in my old Cobra F6 driver and fairway wood so the total cost will be around $30 or so. Couldn't pass it up.

Of course, now I am without a fairway wood. That doesn't hurt me on my home course because I never use it, but I suppose I need to start looking for either another wedge or a wood replacement. Thinking a higher-lofted wood, maybe a 4 wood, would be a better fit for me.

• Like 5

Three midsize Tour Velvet 360s for the forthcoming wedge shaft swap

• Like 3

20g weights for my Bat Attack

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Had credit at Roger Dunn so I scooped it up to test on the course. It rolls really well in their practice area, but so do a lot of others. Still have $110 in credit left over.00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190713143957550_COVER.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I wanted to say, "I hope I contributed to this," but then saw it was all store credit.

Sweet looking putter. Love my Spider Tour Red. Did they do one soft and one firm insert? Which is this?

6 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Three midsize Tour Velvet 360s for the forthcoming wedge shaft swap

What shafts are you replacing and with what?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

Had credit at Roger Dunn so I scooped it up to test on the course. It rolls really well in their practice area, but so do a lot of others. Still have $110 in credit left over.00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190713143957550_COVER.jpeg

... LOL didn't I sell you one of these a few years ago? 

• Like 2

What shafts are you replacing and with what?

Modus3 125 wedge shafts for Modus3 Tour 130 X shafts soft stepped for my 50, 54 and 58 RTX 4s 🏌🏽‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

Nice! I may or may not have a copper version of this getting delivered on Monday...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Modus3 125 wedge shafts for Modus3 Tour 130 X shafts soft stepped for my 50, 54 and 58 RTX 4s 🏌🏽‍♂️emoji457.pngemoji466.png

That’s a pretty good combo!

• Like 1

... LOL didn't I sell you one of these a few years ago? 

The only complaint I had was that it had no sightlines and I couldn't aim it haha! Loved everything else about it though! This year's version with the white/black seems to just automatically aim for you it's really nice!

• Like 2

Rogue driver from Callaway Preowned 🏌️♂️.

• Like 9

Tommy Armour Atomic Max Irons 4 - GW

I hit them several times at Dicks and had to have them!   Dayuuuuuuuummmm  these irons are hawt and so easy to hit. I love 😍 the look, and the feel = soft, ball flight = high, and they have some serious distance.   I'm an old fart and no doubt I have found the Mother Lode in irons.   The MAX" version have wider butts and are a SGI iron.   I'm lusting these babies like a farm bull sniffing a happy heifer! 🐄

• Like 9

Had credit at Roger Dunn so I scooped it up to test on the course. It rolls really well in their practice area, but so do a lot of others. Still have $110 in credit left over.00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190713143957550_COVER.jpeg.96f84aeff6b9e5c86232595f3ee631cb.jpeg

Looking forward to what you think of it

Tazz
  • Like 1

Tommy Armour Atomic Max Irons 4 - GW

I hit them several times at Dicks and had to have them!   Dayuuuuuuuummmm  these irons are hawt and so easy to hit. I love  the look, and the feel = soft, ball flight = high, and they have some serious distance.   I'm an old fart and no doubt I have found the Mother Lode in irons.   The MAX" version have wider butts and are a SGI iron.   I'm lusting these babies like a farm bull sniffing a happy heifer! 

Can't wait for these to arrive so I can do the review of them.
Pretty jacked up about them. Even more after reading your thoughts.

Tazz
  • Like 1