Jump to content
hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Where ya playing?


The Incline Village courses, Genoa Lakes and Ranch and Edgewood!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

 


The Incline Village courses, Genoa Lakes and Ranch and Edgewood!

 

That's a great lineup. I played incline but it was so long ago I don't remember much of it. Genoa is one of my favorites over there. Edgewood is fun but pricey for what you get IMO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

My son went shopping in my putter room today for a new flat stick. He has out grown his current putter and need something longer. My wife said to take him to PGASS and let him pick one out. I had a better selection at the house.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know you've made it when you have a putter room. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My son went shopping in my putter room today for a new flat stick. He has out grown his current putter and need something longer. My wife said to take him to PGASS and let him pick one out. I had a better selection at the house.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well, I’m sure he’ll pick out something special.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You know you've made it when you have a putter room. 


It is not bad and to be fair there are other clubs in there as well. And maybe a few head covers



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... Found a P760 4 iron to go with my 5-pw and when it arrives it is counterfit. Seller refused to refund my money and I have to wait 8 days for eBay to step in. I fill a claim on the 8th day and within 5 minutes I have a refund and a return shipping label. Same day another bid wins a P760 4 iron and that one arrived this morning. Perfect like 99% of my eBay transactions. 
 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up a new, yes still in the plastic, 34” Odyssey Black Series #3 this weekend.  Amazing putter that has already found a home in my bag.  Coming from a white hot pro VLine I’ve been using for the past several years, I had forgotten how much I love the feel/sound of a milled face.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Custom putter cover for the Spider X from Robertmarkgolf. Gonna be a long 4 weeks for me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yungkory said:

Custom putter cover for the Spider X from Robertmarkgolf. Gonna be a long 4 weeks for me.

When did you get the Spider x? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

And maybe a few head covers

 

Just a few?? 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, chisag said:

... Found a P760 4 iron to go with my 5-pw and when it arrives it is counterfit. Seller refused to refund my money and I have to wait 8 days for eBay to step in. I fill a claim on the 8th day and within 5 minutes I have a refund and a return shipping label. Same day another bid wins a P760 4 iron and that one arrived this morning. Perfect like 99% of my eBay transactions. 
 

That is one nice thing about being a lefty. There are much less counterfeit items in golf. I’m not saying that there aren’t any. There are just fewer. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That is one nice thing about being a lefty. There are much less counterfeit items in golf. I’m not saying that there aren’t any. There are just fewer. 

Never thought about that but it’s true.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chisag said:

... Found a P760 4 iron to go with my 5-pw and when it arrives it is counterfit. Seller refused to refund my money and I have to wait 8 days for eBay to step in. I fill a claim on the 8th day and within 5 minutes I have a refund and a return shipping label. Same day another bid wins a P760 4 iron and that one arrived this morning. Perfect like 99% of my eBay transactions. 
 

just curious - how were you able to determine it was counterfeit?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chisag said:

Found a P760 4 iron to go with my 5-pw and when it arrives it is counterfit.

Just curious, how did you know it was counterfeit? Was it fairly obvious?

I used to buy a bunch on eBay in the late 90's, early 2000's (not just golf related) and I was either oblivious or there weren't many fakes floating around.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

just curious - how were you able to determine it was counterfeit?

 

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

Just curious, how did you know it was counterfeit?

Great minds, and all that....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

just curious - how were you able to determine it was counterfeit?

 

... It was a very good counterfeit and looks just like the original with the exception of the sole, which has a slightly scalloped leading edge and the fake club did not. It also did not have a serial number. What surprised me was the guy that sold them, admitted they were counterfeit when I called him on it, as he bought the entire set of 3-pw but wasn't using his 3&4 irons so he sold them on eBay without saying they were copies. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chisag said:

 

... It was a very good counterfeit and looks just like the original with the exception of the sole, which has a slightly scalloped leading edge and the fake club did not. It also did not have a serial number. What surprised me was the guy that sold them, admitted they were counterfeit when I called him on it, as he bought the entire set of 3-pw but wasn't using his 3&4 irons so he sold them on eBay without saying they were copies. 

wow....sounds like you really need to know what your looking for in order to make the determination.

do all of the TM clubs have serial numbers?  If one isn't present does that usually mean it's counterfeit?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

wow....sounds like you really need to know what your looking for in order to make the determination.

do all of the TM clubs have serial numbers?  If one isn't present does that usually mean it's counterfeit?

 

... I think most have the serial number on the 5 or 7 irons although some, like the P760s have it on all the irons. You do need to know what to look for because the graphics and shape as well as the cavity was just about a perfect replica. After knowing they were fake you could see the print was just a little thinner as well. The thing is with any iron really, but especially a foam filled iron like the P760 the fake could have a much thicker face and a hollow inside instead of foam or even solid one piece of stainless steel pretending to be forged and the difference in playability could be quite drastic. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t bought anything from EBay in years after being burned on a watch.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...