hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

13 hours ago, chisag said:

... Found a P760 4 iron to go with my 5-pw and when it arrives it is counterfit. Seller refused to refund my money and I have to wait 8 days for eBay to step in. I fill a claim on the 8th day and within 5 minutes I have a refund and a return shipping label. Same day another bid wins a P760 4 iron and that one arrived this morning. Perfect like 99% of my eBay transactions. 

just curious - how were you able to determine it was counterfeit?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chisag said:

Found a P760 4 iron to go with my 5-pw and when it arrives it is counterfit.

Just curious, how did you know it was counterfeit? Was it fairly obvious?

I used to buy a bunch on eBay in the late 90's, early 2000's (not just golf related) and I was either oblivious or there weren't many fakes floating around.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

Just curious, how did you know it was counterfeit?

Great minds, and all that....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

... It was a very good counterfeit and looks just like the original with the exception of the sole, which has a slightly scalloped leading edge and the fake club did not. It also did not have a serial number. What surprised me was the guy that sold them, admitted they were counterfeit when I called him on it, as he bought the entire set of 3-pw but wasn't using his 3&4 irons so he sold them on eBay without saying they were copies. 

• Like 6

Just now, chisag said:

... It was a very good counterfeit and looks just like the original with the exception of the sole, which has a slightly scalloped leading edge and the fake club did not. It also did not have a serial number. What surprised me was the guy that sold them, admitted they were counterfeit when I called him on it, as he bought the entire set of 3-pw but wasn't using his 3&4 irons so he sold them on eBay without saying they were copies. 

wow....sounds like you really need to know what your looking for in order to make the determination.

do all of the TM clubs have serial numbers?  If one isn't present does that usually mean it's counterfeit?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

wow....sounds like you really need to know what your looking for in order to make the determination.

do all of the TM clubs have serial numbers?  If one isn't present does that usually mean it's counterfeit?

... I think most have the serial number on the 5 or 7 irons although some, like the P760s have it on all the irons. You do need to know what to look for because the graphics and shape as well as the cavity was just about a perfect replica. After knowing they were fake you could see the print was just a little thinner as well. The thing is with any iron really, but especially a foam filled iron like the P760 the fake could have a much thicker face and a hollow inside instead of foam or even solid one piece of stainless steel pretending to be forged and the difference in playability could be quite drastic. 

• Like 4

I haven’t bought anything from EBay in years after being burned on a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

It is not bad and to be fair there are other clubs in there as well. And maybe a few head covers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next up...lefty putter room?  Asking for a friend 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I haven’t bought anything from EBay in years after being burned on a watch.

... If you check the feedback and have a good look at pictures, golf club are usually pretty safe on Ebay. I have bought over 100 clubs and shafts and this is the first time I have been burned by a fake club. 

I've putted very well with a mallet style putter for very 7 or 8 years now, first a Spyder, then a SC X7M for the past 4 years.    And a Tyne 4 this year. 
But I have always had an itch to try a blade style again.   So I found out over the weekend.  The used putter section of 2nd Swing is a dangerous place to be with a good chunk of store credit on file
Couldn't put this baby down after making like 8 of 12 from over 6 feet with it.  Then got in their fitting studio and the fitter adjusted the lie a bit flatter. 
Then I rolled in another 6 of 7 before heading to the cashier.  Put it right to the fire in a Pro Am yesterday and shot 85 on my own ball.  
Oh and it's not really that uoright.  I had if leaning on a putting green flag Stick for some quick pictures. 

90BADE66-ADFD-41E9-8A5F-52CCA544B9B3.thumb.jpeg.7b47fdcccc0e8612a53b6292708a5b90.jpeg
35A7232D-1EF5-4D04-BD6F-81F28C7C02DF.thumb.jpeg.e409f156c2f4dd4eb6daa4d58719f0c6.jpeg
16DF114B-8A4E-412A-A198-E8868192B630.thumb.jpeg.897668f310d7b13a7137a2c671316374.jpeg
58A926BC-6B88-4CD0-9C9D-63BB5F4BF969.thumb.jpeg.ff8f0e70e83d0a3d602200df32a3fe46.jpeg
0CB922B0-C33D-48BE-A056-D5EEB15D2D53.thumb.jpeg.881f0dcc7131eed01d0ced5e2af097e0.jpeg

Well done!! I think it will make you happy

• Like 1

Next up...lefty putter room?  Asking for a friend

Both my girls play left handed so you never know.

• Like 3

I've putted very well with a mallet style putter for very 7 or 8 years now, first a Spyder, then a SC X7M for the past 4 years.    And a Tyne 4 this year. 
But I have always had an itch to try a blade style again.   So I found out over the weekend.  The used putter section of 2nd Swing is a dangerous place to be with a good chunk of store credit on file
Couldn't put this baby down after making like 8 of 12 from over 6 feet with it.  Then got in their fitting studio and the fitter adjusted the lie a bit flatter. 
Then I rolled in another 6 of 7 before heading to the cashier.  Put it right to the fire in a Pro Am yesterday and shot 85 on my own ball.  
Oh and it's not really that uoright.  I had if leaning on a putting green flag Stick for some quick pictures. 

90BADE66-ADFD-41E9-8A5F-52CCA544B9B3.thumb.jpeg.7b47fdcccc0e8612a53b6292708a5b90.jpeg
35A7232D-1EF5-4D04-BD6F-81F28C7C02DF.thumb.jpeg.e409f156c2f4dd4eb6daa4d58719f0c6.jpeg
16DF114B-8A4E-412A-A198-E8868192B630.thumb.jpeg.897668f310d7b13a7137a2c671316374.jpeg
58A926BC-6B88-4CD0-9C9D-63BB5F4BF969.thumb.jpeg.ff8f0e70e83d0a3d602200df32a3fe46.jpeg
0CB922B0-C33D-48BE-A056-D5EEB15D2D53.thumb.jpeg.881f0dcc7131eed01d0ced5e2af097e0.jpeg

Solid stick, only one I have had the custom shop do for me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Solid stick, only one I have had the custom shop do for me.

It really is.  The main adjustment is the weight.  It's 37" which is fine with me at 6'5" it makes it a bit easier to practice for a bit longer.  

The fitting showed I was initially lining up with my eyes inside the ball.  After a bit of a stance adjustment I was over the ball.  But felt like I was bending more instead of standing closer to achieve it.   Results were fine either way. 

Although when I did miss a putt yesterday it was usually short bit left or rifht.  So I feel good about my aim.  Just getting used to the weight. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jlukes said:

When did you get the Spider x? 

picked it up Saturday. hit the practice greens for 2 hours on sunday with my Puttout mirror. first round tomorrow after work!

9 minutes ago, yungkory said:

picked it up Saturday. hit the practice greens for 2 hours on sunday with my Puttout mirror. first round tomorrow after work!

The Spider X is getting the call for me tomorrow at Pine Valley.  Big test!

• Like 4

Multiple buckets of balls after one of the worst ball striking league rounds in 4 years.... thankfully I dug it out of the dirt and was able to get back on track.

Had 2 s-words...TWO!! 😳

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Multiple buckets of balls after one of the worst ball striking league rounds in 4 years.... thankfully I dug it out of the dirt and was able to get back on track.

Had 2 s-words...TWO!! 😳

Ugh, I know that struggle. My whole month of May was s-words it was crazy

• Like 2

The Spider X is getting the call for me tomorrow at Pine Valley.  Big test!

Good luck @ PV