hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

58457498893__97393E9B-7DC8-4F88-9225-F40C9EF8CCCB.thumb.JPG.ca9f38fe92b06069c75b1cc8e7197437.JPG the post office got its s*** together and I unpacked, ran out of the house and fell in love. Baby Blades with KBS Tour-v 110 shafts. These are so good.

I’ll say my last three rounds have been a breakthrough. The irons are a little intimidating at first but after flushing a few I have really grown to love them. They are fantastic. My whole game has come together the last three rounds, well 45 holes, I am 10 over. That is I’ve shot 75, 36, 76 on par 71.
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, kingcscott said:

I’ll say my last three rounds have been a breakthrough. The irons are a little intimidating at first but after flushing a few I have really grown to love them. They are fantastic. My whole game has come together the last three rounds, well 45 holes, I am 10 over. That is I’ve shot 75, 36, 76 on par 71.

Wow dude you are smoking em!   Great job 👏🏌️‍♂️

• Like 1

Picked up a "used" Cobra F8 3-4 wood. Owner said he played one round, and has quit golfing. The club was MINT.

Super stoked to put her to work!

• Like 6

Sitting in airport waiting to fly across the country, convinced my wife to let me book a putter fitting at Tru Spec NY tomorrow. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

On 7/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Picked up a Bushnell V4 rangefinder here on the classifieds (thanks@chisag) for a great deal. Won't be able to get it to the course for a couple of days, but that hasn't stopped me from checking the ranges on everything in my neighborhood.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Did the same thing when I was testing the Precision Pro NX-7 last year.  I hope the neighbors didn't think i was spying on them, lol.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

Going on your TM Driver?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Fo sho!   

Having some back issues right now buddy, last week was  Myrtle Beach week and I am feeling it.  I plan to come up when it feels better.  Maybe in the next week or so. 

• Like 3

Picked up a couple pairs of Puma Essential Pounce golf pants and a couple Nike Victory Polos from TGW all nicely discounted

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DawgDaddy said:

Fo sho!   

Having some back issues right now buddy, last week was  Myrtle Beach week and I am feeling it.  I plan to come up when it feels better.  Maybe in the next week or so. 

Sounds good partner!

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, edingc said:

I wanted to say, "I hope I contributed to this," but then saw it was all store credit.

Sweet looking putter. Love my Spider Tour Red. Did they do one soft and one firm insert? Which is this?

What shafts are you replacing and with what?

Sorry, somehow I missed this way back when  you asked. They have a new "thicker" insert on these. I believe it is 5mm vs the old 3mm? For an insert, it's pretty nice feeling. More firm than the micro hinge on the stroke labs, not quite as firm as a milled face like the ER2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

Sorry, somehow I missed this way back when  you asked. They have a new "thicker" insert on these. I believe it is 5mm vs the old 3mm? For an insert, it's pretty nice feeling. More firm than the micro hinge on the stroke labs, not quite as firm as a milled face like the ER2

Yeah, I rolled a lot of putters before I settled on my Spider. I just loved the feel of the insert compared to the milled faces of the Evnrolls and Bettinardis I tried.

• Like 2

Not really a new purchase, but a new club anyway.  Here's the story...

I have posted before that in February I ordered the 2019 Callaway PM grind 54º to replace my SCOR 54º.  I custom ordered it from 2ndSwing with the KBS Tour 90 R shaft, +0.5" length, 2º flat lie and 4 wraps under the grip.  It took a month to get because Callaway didn't have the Tour 90 shaft in stock, even though it was a free upgrade.  I like the club a lot, btw.

So, last month I placed an order for the Callaway PM grind 60º, same specs.  I got a confirmation that it was coming from Mexico and was in customs.  Got it in 2 weeks.  BUT... different shaft, KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff.  It also didn't feel like it had 4 wraps under the grip.  I replaced the grip with my Pure DTX grip and yep... no wraps.  I played with it for a couple of weeks, but it didn't feel like the 54º and the yardage gap between the two was too much.  

I contacted 2ndSwing and they ordered a new club for me.  They also sent me a return label for FedEX.  Again, it took a few weeks to get because of the shaft but I could keep playing the other 60º until I got the new one.  It arrived Tuesday and I sent the other club back yesterday.  This club came at my request with the grip separate form the club so I could put my Pure grip on without cutting off their grip.

I think I'm good on the bottom end of my bag; now I need to look at the top end.  {did you hear my wife sigh?}

• Like 9

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Based on a recommendation from @jlukes to @GolfSpy MPR...

US.jpg

...yeah, I'm a copycat.  🙂

I read the unconscious putting book, really good stuff in there!

Bought my Spider some CROC SKIN BOOTS, SON!

image.png.6efbc706a2cdc97f76f59247e9248a5a.png

image.png.bf00b297d0650d7833ab904564b2ee6f.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Cameron Studio Select Squareback, 34". First Scotty in maybe over 15 years, we'll see how it goes...

• Like 4

Since everyone was on a book buying kick, and I had a $20 eBay coupon that expired soon, I picked up the following for $2.44 delivered:

• Fearless Golf: Conquering the Mental Game by Gio Valiante and Mike Stachura
  • The Art of the Short Game: Tour-Tested Secrets for Getting up and Down by Stan Utley
  • Golf is Not a Game of Perfect by Dr. Bob Rotella
  • Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game by Joseph Parent
  • Putting Out of Your Mind by Dr. Bob Rotella
  • The Seven Laws of the Golf Swing: Visualizing the Perfect Swing to Maximize Your Game by Nick Bradley

I'm obviously very much on an, "Improve my game mentally," streak.

• Like 7