hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

I have some red Star Sidewinder grips that are going to be going on these, and custom ferrules are a must as well. I've been looking at BB&FCo, Spargo and have my eyes on some on eBay as well. Can't wait to see these all finished.
Star sidewinders are my go-to's! The factory is down the street from my house here in Chandler.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 1

Got myself a Calloway Epic Flash driver today after camping out last night at the local PGA Tour Superstore for customer appreciation day today. Arrived at 10:30 last night and was 7th in line. Got a Ping G410 driver and traded it in for the Epic. Couldn’t pass it up for $30 after trade in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I haven't bought a new club lately but did find a great deal on a lightly used HZRDUS T1100 6.5 65g.  I've swung 70-80gr shafts in my driver for as long as I can remember.  Wanted to try something in the 60ish range.  I like it a lot so far, seems to be a fairway finder with my 9.5 M3 head.

• Like 1

I was fit for a TM M6 a couple of months ago, I gave it about 6 weeks on the course and it was not for me so I sold it.  The club that was close to it at the fitting was the Epic Flash, I ordered a Mint condition one from Global Golf today and should have my new toy late next week!  

Callaway Golf Club Epic Flash 10.5* Driver Senior Graphite Excellent

• Like 6

My son has going from kids clubs to men’s clubs this year and has already blown past R flex shafts in his driver and 3 wood. He now has a new driver shaft on the way and hopefully he likes the TEE 3 wood I just threw in his bag for the time being. This kid is getting expensive.

• Like 5

TM M2 - 2016 in great condition- then found a Kuro Kage dual core shaft on evilbay for $50 - hoping its a good shaft/head/Me combo when it arrives next week.

• Like 2

Finally added the Ping G410 Plus 12º to my bag of weapons.  Been wanting this since a pre-release testing. I will be using the Alta CB 55 Red Soft regular shaft.  I still need to work out my loft and weight settings.  I will be working with my pro to find out what works best.  

I will start out correcting for my hook and a using the loft at 12º.  After a few weeks or so and some top track data, I should have a better idea how I may need to adjust.

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 5

A pack of these golf towels. 61nhHUhdeYL._SL1000_.jpg

• Like 2

It arrived today. 

As a result, I had a one and a half hour  range session that was a super joy!

What arrived was my new driver: a Ping 410 Plus with Alta CB Red Soft Regular Shaft.

As I am still getting used to the new toy, I started with all the adjustable parts at the most neutral settings.  I adjusted to help with my slice.

All after that change were straight everywhere I was aiming.  I seemed to have picked up 10 MPH in terms of ball speed.  I need to work now on the results not being so high.

I intended to hit only 20-25 balls.  I ended up hitting 45 as this club made driving fun.  

It was easy to hit towards various target greens.  What I need to adjust after a few more practice section is the launch angle, to lower the fact that as with my older drive I tend to hit high spin.

I rarely, if ever, fall in love with a club so quickly; but,  even with days of getting used to it ahead, as I said in my review on the Ping web site, it was love at first whack.

• Like 7

It arrived today. 

What arrived was my new driver: a Ping 410 Plus with Alta CB Red Soft Regular Shaft.

As I am still getting used to the new toy, I started with all the adjustable parts at the most neutral settings.  I adjusted to help with my slice.

All after that change were straight everywhere I was aiming.  I seemed to have picked up 10 MPH in terms of ball speed.  I need to work now on the results not being so high.

I intended to hit only 20-25 balls.  I ended up hitting 45 as this club made driving fun.  

It was easy to hit towards various target greens.  What I need to adjust after a few more practice section is the launch angle, to lower the fact that as with my older drive I tend to hit high spin.

I rarely, if ever, fall in love with a club so quickly; but,  even with days of getting used to it ahead, as I said in my review on the Ping web site, it was love at first whack.

Sounds like love at 1st flight. Good luck, great start.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

M2 Driver head arrived and now the Kuro Kage dual core shaft I found on evilbay also arrived...................but so has golfers/tennis elbow and I can hardly take the club back to waist height without agonising pain. I'm so keen to try this out but T'interweb Doc says maybe 6 months before it heals..........😡😡😡😡😡

• Sad 4

Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood.

Have had a gap in my set makeup b/w the 6i and the 4H .. can't really hit the 5i consistently; have tried a few different hi-loft hybrids along with the Ping Crossover, with which I've had an on-and-off relationship .. so decided to trial the HL4 #6i-w (only option available; $40 and can return it for full refund w/in 30 days). Took it right out to the course, had a shot where I could give it a good test (150ish uphill from the left rough, ball a little below the feet) and the shot felt solid and hit the front-left corner of the green. OK! 

That exhaustive test completed 😆 .. I went and ordered the #4 (don't call me impulsive...); took it to the range yesterday and dare I say I feel like I've found "it" that I've been missing. A solid strike seems to go exactly the distance I was trying to fill, and a mishit, while of course will lose distance, still flew straight enough.

Also hit the 6 hybrid and 5 Crossover that have shuffled in and out of the bag and this new HL4 iron-wood is definitely the better choice for me!

• Like 6

Well , my son’s driver shaft showed up in pieces so today I made the executive decision and got him a TM M2 with a Fuji stiff shat to fit the bill. Kid is now just under 6 feet tall at 13 and I may be fitting him in an X next year.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Well , my son’s driver shaft showed up in pieces so today I made the executive decision and got him a TM M2 with a Fuji stiff shat to fit the bill. Kid is now just under 6 feet tall at 13 and I may be fitting him in an X next year.

How did it end up in pieces?

How did it end up in pieces?

UPS did not handle it as they should have. The box was in tatters when it was delivered.

• Sad 4

30 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

UPS did not handle it as they should have. The box was in tatters when it was delivered.

That stinks;  hopefully insurance will cover the damage and you will either get another shaft of refund

• Like 1

Couple more purchases, gearing up for an offseason of work:

1) Putt-Out Trainer w/ 8' BirdieBall Training Mat

Have very limited space in my basement, and BirdieBall offered a combo deal where it was only $4 for the remnant to go along with the Putt-Out. So far, so good. Seems a little quick to me on hard surface, probably will move to carpet underneath to slow it down. It's supposed to be 10-11 stimp, which is much faster than most of the courses I play around here.

2) Red/Black Ferrules from msfix13 on eBay

BB&FCo and Spargo were a little too much for my budget, and I like the simplicity and size of these ferrules (Two rings, over 1" long). These will be going on a set of Hogan Apex CFTs that I bought to tinker with a while ago, they will probably end up for sale cheap just to get rid of them as I won't play them. Unfortunate impulse purchase that I'm just trying to learn with and then dump for a loss. 

I bought the ferrules as a quality test as I'll need some for my new Maltby PTMs, and they are great. Very high quality and reasonably priced. I will be getting more for the PTMs and my new wedges.

3) KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff 4-GW Pulls

After my iron fitting last weekend, I snapped up a set of 1.5" long taper tip pulls on eBay for the PTMs. Going to build out a 7-iron to lightest swingweight possible and then spend some time on the range adding head weight until I find the balance I want.

4) DTG InaZone CNC Spin 431 52, 56, and 60 Wedge Heads

I was certain I would end up with Cleveland CBXs in my bag next season, but after looking at them in the shop last weekend, I didn't love the look at address, nor did I love the price. These InaZone heads may not be the prettiest graphics-wise, but they have a pleasing shape and milled face that transitions nicely from the Maltby PTM gap wedge.

Yes, they are clones that came with a clone price tag ($10/head). Weights of all three heads are within spec, I'll have the lofts and lies checked on them as well. We'll see how they perform when paired up with some C-Taper Lite X-Stiff 8 iron shafts.

4) Matching Maltby PTM 4 Iron, Additional Grips

Needed grips for the wedges, and added the missing 4 iron for the PTMs. I intend on trying hybrids again next season, but since I have a 4 iron shaft, I figured I might as well build the club.

• Like 8

Couple more purchases, gearing up for an offseason of work:
1) Putt-Out Trainer w/ 8' BirdieBall Training Mat
Have very limited space in my basement, and BirdieBall offered a combo deal where it was only $4 for the remnant to go along with the Putt-Out. So far, so good. Seems a little quick to me on hard surface, probably will move to carpet underneath to slow it down. It's supposed to be 10-11 stimp, which is much faster than most of the courses I play around here.
2) Red/Black Ferrules from msfix13 on eBay
BB&FCo and Spargo were a little too much for my budget, and I like the simplicity and size of these ferrules (Two rings, over 1" long). These will be going on a set of Hogan Apex CFTs that I bought to tinker with a while ago, they will probably end up for sale cheap just to get rid of them as I won't play them. Unfortunate impulse purchase that I'm just trying to learn with and then dump for a loss. 
I bought the ferrules as a quality test as I'll need some for my new Maltby PTMs, and they are great. Very high quality and reasonably priced. I will be getting more for the PTMs and my new wedges.
3) KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff 4-GW Pulls
After my iron fitting last weekend, I snapped up a set of 1.5" long taper tip pulls on eBay for the PTMs. Going to build out a 7-iron to lightest swingweight possible and then spend some time on the range adding head weight until I find the balance I want.
4) DTG InaZone CNC Spin 431 52, 56, and 60 Wedge Heads
I was certain I would end up with Cleveland CBXs in my bag next season, but after looking at them in the shop last weekend, I didn't love the look at address, nor did I love the price. These InaZone heads may not be the prettiest graphics-wise, but they have a pleasing shape and milled face that transitions nicely from the Maltby PTM gap wedge.
Yes, they are clones that came with a clone price tag ($10/head). Weights of all three heads are within spec, I'll have the lofts and lies checked on them as well. We'll see how they perform when paired up with some C-Taper Lite X-Stiff 8 iron shafts.
4) Matching Maltby PTM 4 Iron, Additional Grips
Needed grips for the wedges, and added the missing 4 iron for the PTMs. I intend on trying hybrids again next season, but since I have a 4 iron shaft, I figured I might as well build the club.

Golfers are great consumers!!
Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

On 10/22/2019 at 9:47 PM, DrMJG said:

It arrived today. 

Just curious if you tried other Ping stock shaft combinations such as the CB Regular, Evenflow or Tensi? I started out with the CB Soft Regular on my 410 driver but after the fitter evaluated my swing he put me into a Regular cut down about a 1/2". I also just bought a 410 hybrid and interestingly the Tensi gave me about 8 yds over the CB Regular 

• Like 4

On 10/19/2019 at 10:23 PM, DawgDaddy said:

I was fit for a TM M6 a couple of months ago, I gave it about 6 weeks on the course and it was not for me so I sold it.  The club that was close to it at the fitting was the Epic Flash, I ordered a Mint condition one from Global Golf today and should have my new toy late next week!  

Callaway Golf Club Epic Flash 10.5* Driver Senior Graphite Excellent

I love my Epic Flash !   

Picked up a set of Callaway Rogue X irons (5 - GW) and  I'm looking forward to a lonnnnnng and lasting relationship with em. 😍

• Like 6