hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Couldn't resist the design - even though the Chrome Softs didn't do so well on the MGS ball test, they seem to work OK for me. They're current year with the graphene @ $89 for 3 dozen from All In Golfer.

IMG_20191221_155318477.jpeg

• Like 2

Bought a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 golf shoes. Gortex, Yak leather uppers. Fit like a glove.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6

4 hours ago, CarlH said:

Bought a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 golf shoes. Gortex, Yak leather uppers. Fit like a glove.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Great shoes. I tried my first pair this year, then had to buy 2 more 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😄

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 7:55 AM, CarlH said:

On the Blast Motion....I've used it for one session with the putter and tried to use it at the range.  Much better results with the putter than I was seeing at the range.  Too early to make a valuable comment, but initial impression is that it is a really nice tool for working on the putter.  It shows that my tempo is good but that I need to work on my face rotation on the forward swing so that it's closer to square at impact.  Hoping to find the time to really  test it further, but lately, between the winter weather and my lack of time for practice, I haven't been able to use it to its potential.  

I have hit 2, 234 putts with mine.  My tempo is also good..very consistent.  When I began, my putter face rotation was very inconsistent.  It varied from 2 degrees closed to 4 degrees open..with no consistency at all.  I thought that I had my "AH HA" moment until I discovered that fixing my putter stroke was much more difficult than I expected.  I got some professional help and now after several weeks and lots of practice on just the stroke mechanics, my tempo is still very consistent and my putter face rotation is down to .4 degrees average.  Some days it is a little better..it depends on how well I am concentrating and how focused I am.  I am committed to becoming a better putter by the spring and I think that this is the best approach for me. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Great shoes. I tried my first pair this year, then had to buy 2 more 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😄

... Absolutely agree with you and CarlH. Most comfortable shoes I have ever worn and I walk 80% of my rounds so good shoes are a must. I just picked up a Gray pair for $83 with the 40% off Ecco too good a deal to pass up on their website to go with my white, black and brown Ecco Biom 3's. 

Ecco.thumb.JPG.16c5dc1ab2881d5b0cab6f39bd4d67cb.JPG

• Like 5

So Christmas this year is a bit of a hodgepodge for my wife and I with going on vacation right after Thanksgiving and my job situation. I got my wife a few things and we decided to head to Manhattan after Christmas and do some shopping. Despite this she found the one putter that I have wanted since I got into Cameron’s over 20 years ago. Today a new in plastic Inspired by Brad Faxon arrived at my house and she could not wait to let me open it.

A little of a back story. When I first started getting into Scotty putters this was the one I always wanted and when they were available I never had the funds available. Over the years I just let it pass and never looked to buy one. Somehow my wife (not a golfer) remembered this and ordered it for me off eBay knowing how much I always wanted one. I think she may be a keeper after close to 20 years of marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

So Christmas this year is a bit of a hodgepodge for my wife and I with going on vacation right after Thanksgiving and my job situation. I got my wife a few things and we decided to head to Manhattan after Christmas and do some shopping. Despite this she found the one putter that I have wanted since I got into Cameron’s over 20 years ago. Today a new in plastic Inspired by Brad Faxon arrived at my house and she could not wait to let me open it.

A little of a back story. When I first started getting into Scotty putters this was the one I always wanted and when they were available I never had the funds available. Over the years I just let it pass and never looked to buy one. Somehow my wife (not a golfer) remembered this and ordered it for me off eBay knowing how much I always wanted one. I think she may be a keeper after close to 20 years of marriage.

Does she have a much, much older sister
Seriously that’s awesome, Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Does she have a much, much older sister
Seriously that’s awesome, Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks. She is the oldest of her siblings unfortunately.

• Like 2

Fancy ass MGS/Fujikura alignment sticks are in hand and in the bag!

IMG_0535.thumb.JPG.b6fa9b96f11a61f585aa556c09a8769e.JPG

IMG_0536.thumb.JPG.4b5c24f9cd8c1180ac6442f5e171bebb.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

• Like 7

Fancy ass MGS/Fujikura alignment sticks are in hand and in the bag!

IMG_0535.thumb.JPG.b6fa9b96f11a61f585aa556c09a8769e.JPG
IMG_0536.thumb.JPG.4b5c24f9cd8c1180ac6442f5e171bebb.JPG
IMG_0537.thumb.JPG.6ef492d4e0b9ce5913f6725601ff1f18.JPG

Nice. Mine arrived this morning as well.

• Like 7

Holy Rocket Launcher, GolfMan!

TEE EXS 3W/HL (17° so kinda like a 4W). This thing has a *solid* THWACK on impact and wow sends the ball! Has a Tensei CK Blue shaft which seems to fit me (have the same shaft in my F8 driver).

Strongly suggest anyone remotely curious about Exotics woods try one! They're clearing out older models for under $100, too.

• Like 9

I keep tweaking my wedge setup. On the SkyTrak, I have a persistent issue hitting the 100-115 gap. My SW (at 54°) tops out around 90-95 on a full swing. But I struggle to get my 50° GW to go much further. My PW (in the G700) is typically good for 120.

There may be a SkyTrak issue here, but there's at least some support for this gap on the course. Here's my accuracy numbers for the last 15 rounds I tracked from 125-150 yards:

125-150.jpg

Not awesome, but relatively consistently in distance control. But here are the numbers from 100-125:

100-125.jpg

While in both sets of data, I'm missing 13% short, the plotting of the shots on the 100-125 seems to indicate that the short shots are missing shorter.

So in my continued quest to fit myself by examining my data and figuring out what should work, I ordered a used (very good) Cleveland CBX 48° wedge to replace the 50°. With a discount code, it was under $70 shipped, so I think it's a good risk. This should make some sense in terms of set makeup. The G700 PW is 44°, and the G700s are rocket launchers. Given that, going 44°/48°/54°/60° should provide some pretty consistent gapping.

• Like 6

Won some money playing FF this year. So I bough my self a Christmas present.E90513FF-D4E5-4B4E-A04F-C830C92105B9.thumb.jpeg.ffc13cfd4eee0db342543474fe2216b8.jpeg

Cool, enjoy! I got one for the “family” and fired it up for the first time yesterday. It was a 5 beer setup with the net and the mat I got. Hit about 100 balls and it is a ton of fun.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Cool, enjoy! I got one for the “family” and fired it up for the first time yesterday. It was a 5 beer setup with the net and the mat I got. Hit about 100 balls and it is a ton of fun.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Awesome. Got any pics?
Mine will be a little bit before I get full indoor setup. Looking at retractable screen due to the fact that the only ceiling tall enough is in same room as front door. 

• Like 3

On 12/12/2019 at 10:11 AM, THEZIPR23 said:

Big Moss Augusta green. 

Got this all setup. It rolls sweet!!image.thumb.jpg.5c5c86db6406c3c0fdf2a1fdfb7a295d.jpg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That is awesome! Have fun with it and can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm very curious to hear your review, especially since a lot of the comments I've seen is that it's inaccurate with higher swing speed players. Of course, that's assuming you have a big enough room to swing driver in...

I keep hoping there will be some new release at the PGA show that will either drive the Skytrak down in price a bit or offer a $1k alternative with the same features.

• Like 2

Gapping session a few weeks ago showed I struggle to get the needed launch on the Maltby PTM 4 iron. Fitter recommended trying a hybrid at the same loft (22 degrees), which should give me more launch and distance and improve the gapping between 3 wood and 5 iron. 

Found the F8 head new in plastic from ProClubs on eBay for $50, and I knew I liked the SteelFiber profile from my iron fitting, so I went with a 95 gram iron shaft. At 39.5", it will work out to play at D2. Also, Star Sidewinders are amazing.

Between the head, matching headcover (eBay), shaft, grip (already had) and collared ferrules (eBay), I think I have about $110 invested. Not too awful considering the shaft is not something I would have found in a hybrid otherwise. I had looked at Titleist 818s and they still run about that much used, and building something from Golfworks wouldn't have been a ton cheaper either.

The 4 iron would almost have never been used at my home course anyway (once?), the hybrid is much more versatile and could potentially be used for five shots a round.

It's all epoxied now and will be heading to the range Saturday morning for its maiden voyage. 

• Like 5