hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

16 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Arrived.......
IMG_2023.JPG

Just three days before the Club Championship......so I gotta wait until next week to put them in the bag.

IMG_2025.JPG

But I cheated.....went out yesterday evening and played in the Wednesday Night Shootout..,,just 9 holes, but it was fun! As expected, the irons are 1/2 club longer and fly higher!

IMG_2027.JPG

#CobraCONNECT using the King Cobra F8’s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nice - what shafts did you get in to D-7's?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

Everyone is buying new stuff. I want new stuff!

No kidding. I have a whopping nine holes on my irons and already am pining for something new. Peer pressure is real!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Arrived.......
IMG_2023.JPG

Just three days before the Club Championship......so I gotta wait until next week to put them in the bag.

IMG_2025.JPG

But I cheated.....went out yesterday evening and played in the Wednesday Night Shootout..,,just 9 holes, but it was fun! As expected, the irons are 1/2 club longer and fly higher!

IMG_2027.JPG

So...  you slept with them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, jlukes said:

IMG_20200214_112558.jpg

So, the X won for you?

On 2/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

No club purchases yet this year. 

But anxious to get this on the course and see all the new features. 

81D93EEF-DE2C-446B-815A-AA1DAFD31107.jpeg

97AEB4B5-1BF2-4DB6-A4A6-1B607B99D515.jpeg

You're going to like it!

On 2/11/2020 at 6:23 PM, fozcycle said:

Ordered a jacket from Ping....arrived today but too small, gotta send it back. It was $120 on sale for $50.....

IMG_2019.JPG

Postman, just go ahead misread the label send that puppy on to SC.

6 hours ago, jlukes said:

IMG_20200214_112558.jpg

I'm surprised.  I thought you were going with the XS!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Arrived.......
IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

Come on over to the D7 review page 😁

• Like 1

I got what I think is a great deal today on TGW.

I bought the Titleist hybrid 5 stand bag for $159 (I believe it's the one @Golfspy_CG2 posted a photo of on the previous page). The all black he has was $199, but the black with red trim and white apparel pocket where the Titleist logo is was $40 cheaper.

Either one was a good price though, they're selling for $229 at PGASS and Budget Golf. TGW ships it free also.

When it comes I'm thinking of having my name and club logo embroidered on the ball pocket. My pro said they will do it at the $30 it costs them. Getting my name on a bag isn't something I'd do on Long Island, you rarely see it there except on the bags of really good players. Down here in Myrtle Beach it's very common though, the majority of guys I play with have had it done. The bag drop guys both at my club and others in the area say it makes easier for them.

• Like 4

I recently picked up a Dunlop TDPlus putter and a Dunlop True Tech chipper.  I remember playing a couple Dunlop clubs back in the day and they seemed like they were budget clubs but I like these.  The putter is an anser shape but has a thin topline, which I like.  The  chipper was kind of an impulse buy and was so cheap that I couldnt say no.  I do like that it has a nice wide sold and should be almost impossible to chunk a chip with it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I got what I think is a great deal today on TGW.

I bought the Titleist hybrid 5 stand bag for $159 (I believe it's the one @Golfspy_CG2 posted a photo of on the previous page). The all black he has was $199, but the black with red trim and white apparel pocket where the Titleist logo is was $40 cheaper.

Either one was a good price though, they're selling for $229 at PGASS and Budget Golf. TGW ships it free also.

When it comes I'm thinking of having my name and club logo embroidered on the ball pocket. My pro said they will do it at the $30 it costs them. Getting my name on a bag isn't something I'd do on Long Island, you rarely see it there except on the bags of really good players. Down here in Myrtle Beach it's very common though, the majority of guys I play with have had it done. The bag drop guys both at my club and others in the area say it makes easier for them.

Yep. Thats the one i have....well one of the ones.  Ha  Great price on it by the way  

As fsr as name on the bag.  Im not sure i would put mine on a staff bag.   But i have this one and i always get a lot of compliments on it. 

0AED1EA8-9D35-4BB7-B9B9-09096C61D9D7.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep. Thats the one i have....well one of the ones.  Ha  Great price on it by the way  

As fsr as name on the bag.  Im not sure i would put mine on a staff bag.   But i have this one and i always get a lot of compliments on it. 

0AED1EA8-9D35-4BB7-B9B9-09096C61D9D7.jpeg

I'm a little leery of having it done, and would never bring a bag with my name on it up to Long Island... I'd get roasted by my buddies up there for being a poser.🙄 I rarely see even a low single digit player there with his name on the bag.

It's kind of the opposite down here in Myrtle Beach though. You see guys with 25+ caps who have their names on their bags. I play in two large travel groups, one has 50 or so players, and the other has over 100. The "local guys" almost all have their name on their bag. I'd say at least 70% of those who have bought a bag through our pro shop have it done.

My club has 4 courses, so the bag drop can be crazy when they double tee in the morning or afternoon. There are quite a few other places down here where we play outside my development the bag drop guys are looking to load us up in a cart with the player we're assigned to ride with, the bags with the names on them are loaded right away. Then the players who don't have to go point out their bag to get it loaded.

@BIG STU I'm down here 9 years, but you know the lay of the land a lot better then me down here. I'm on the fence here.. I don't want to look like "that guy". I'm curious what your view is on this? 

Edited by Grand Stranded

10 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I'm a little leery of having it done, and would never bring a bag with my name on it up to Long Island... I'd get roasted by my buddies up there for being a poser.🙄 I rarely see even a low single digit player there with his name on the bag.

We have a lot of single digit players at our club - but the only one that has his name on the bag is the Club Pro. BTW he also has PGA PRO on his car's license plate 😲. On the other hand our club's bag tags have our names prominently displayed so no one can confuse our bags. 

• Like 2

Just now, tony@CIC said:

We have a lot of single digit players at our club - but the only one that has his name on the bag is the Club Pro. BTW he also has PGA PRO on his car's license plate 😲. On the other hand our club's bag tags have our names prominently displayed so no one can confuse our bags. 

Yeah, that's how it is on Long Island also.

Quite a few people have their name on a bag tag, usually a USGA one. Almost never see it embroidered on the ball pocket. It 's very common down here though...

25 minutes ago, Shankster said:

This will be interesting... stepping out of my comfort zone....

IMG_7163.JPG

We are having a PXG fitting day at our course on March 26th in the afternoon.  If you can swing it, it might be worth the drive to get fit by one of their Master Fitters 

• Like 6

This will be interesting... stepping out of my comfort zone....

IMG_7163.JPG.74bec2b7cf4340c404afd3d0063121ca.JPG

What kind of setup?
  • Like 2

ECCO Mens BIOM Hybrid 3 GTX

40% off at the Ecco store .... final cost $123 shipped to my door.

• Like 7

... CalH, best golf shoes I have ever owned!  I bought those last sale and added the exact same shoes to my Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 rotation:

Ecco.thumb.JPG.c1340c30d834e1485e1b3957f36d466c.JPG

• Like 3

What kind of setup?

10.5°

Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 75g X-Flex

Wasn’t able to hit this head with it, but I it worked well for me last year with a Cobra head.

We’ll see. Fun experiment...
  • Like 2