hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

So my set of PTX Pro’s came with a 50 and 54°  but no lob, so I’d been watching for. 60° on eBay with no luck. Only one 60°, but had the wrong grip, and he wanted close to $100 for it.

so while looking, I saw a set of 3- a 50, 54, and a 60° that were barely used, and with a starting price of $89. Six bids took it to $99 with just a few hours to close. So I watched, and watched.

so I waited until 5 seconds left and entered my amount of $136 and crossed my fingers.

Bam! I’m the winner at $102 haha. So I’ll sell my 50 and 54 for $50 each, and get my 60° for free.

gotta love eBay sometimes...

• Like 7

Second putter buy of the week.  Picked up a PXG Gunboat putter set up as a long putter at 45".  Definitely one of the most unique purchases that I have ever made considering there are more than likely not many of them in existence.  All in and shipped to my door for $230 so not a bad price either.

• Like 4

I find myself shopping online a lot more with nothing to watch....nowhere to go....ha.

Got 4 dozen TP5
HZRDUS Handcrafted Yellow 63 with a Ping tip
And found this on eBay. Always like finding unique collectibles on eBay.
IMG_7924.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

I find myself shopping online a lot more with nothing to watch....nowhere to go....ha.

Got 4 dozen TP5
IMG_7924.thumb.PNG.577eb4c91704c30a0eee8be952952072.PNG

That money clip is a great pickup!

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 8:13 AM, jlukes said:

Swing changes have been incredible with the irons and wedges, but have been causing issues in my reliable Driver and 3W.  Sent some lesson and practice videos to fitter and had some discussions about shaft weight, balance point, head weight and swing weight.  The Accra TZ5s that was fit into are fantastic, but they have a very low balance point.  This means that swing weight is typically higher.  This was causing the driver and 3W to get stuck behind me, leading to come much more from the inside than I wanted.  After trying a few different higher balance point shafts, I settled on two shafts.  I sold my Accra's last week.  My new 3W shaft (VA Vylyn) should be here today.  The driver shaft I liked (VA Nemesys) is backordered until next week.  

Looking forward to getting these in play.

@jlukes did you get a chance to play that Nemesys? It looks pretty awesome. That is at the top of my wishlist, along with a T1100 and Fujikura Pro 2.0. Do you have a thread where you discuss how you arrived at that decision?

I really like KBS golf shafts and have been wanting to give their new wood shaft a try.  Didn't want to pay for a Club Champion fitting and didn't want to spend a couple of hundred for a new one.   Found a 50 gr CAT3 shaft on ebay so I figured I would watch the auction;  shocked I won with a final price $90.   If I don't like it,  I should be able to get my money back out of it.  

14 minutes ago, Ben Ross said:

@jlukes did you get a chance to play that Nemesys? It looks pretty awesome. That is at the top of my wishlist, along with a T1100 and Fujikura Pro 2.0. Do you have a thread where you discuss how you arrived at that decision?

Nope. Hoping it ships early next week. Loved the feel of it in the G410 head when I tried it 

Nothing beyond that blurb above to report on yet 

And once I get it on the course I'll be updating in the G410 driver review thread 

• Like 1

Got a Wellputt mat to compliment the new Puttout trainer! Just barely enough space in the spare bedroom lol.

Forgive the poor lighting and the mess😜

IMG_20200327_165913206.thumb.jpg.30255affa89f1c874c9b67807d33bcd9.jpg

• Like 5

Got the Jones bag in. VERY disappointed. Gonna send it back. The cover for the main pouch was sewn-on incorrectly. IMG_0988.thumb.JPG.ae36f3821a02d177f664cc6adb5a4935.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Got the Jones bag in. VERY disappointed. Gonna send it back. The cover for the main pouch was sewn-on incorrectly. IMG_0988.thumb.JPG.ae36f3821a02d177f664cc6adb5a4935.JPG

Yikes. Expect much better for such a 'premium' bag. You exchanging it for a new one or going with a different brand? 

• Like 2

Got 4 dozen TP5
IMG_7924.thumb.PNG.577eb4c91704c30a0eee8be952952072.PNG

Don't forget to wipe every thing down with disinfectant when they get delivered!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yikes. Expect much better for such a 'premium' bag. You exchanging it for a new one or going with a different brand? 

As of right now I’ll just stick with my Titleist Golf Channel bag. No doubt a premium bag like this shouldn’t have these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Just bought one of those MISIG training device.  Bought it more for the stretch/exercise aspect of it rather than any swing benefits they claim.  It certainly does work for stretching the back and shoulders.  Obviously, too early to see any benefits on the course.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 12:40 PM, chisag said:

... The blotching came from an inconsistent submerging. Here it is after a second night in white vinegar. Look much more uniform but still has the sparkle finish that reminds me of a zinc wedge head. I am hoping once I put it in play the natural elements along with some rusting and removal will dull this finish.

1779253603_bSM8rear.jpg.7bb3e23bcc35d6cefce175e062a45b3d.jpg

bSM8.jpg.31e7faaaf8e1ad3ab18f9118ef86fc63.jpg 

Wow.

I love that. I'm getting a set of Titleist wedges once they're able to process custom orders again, I have to bookmark this page.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PMookie said:

That is very unusual for Jones--- But after all we are all human and mistakes will be made---- I am sure they will make it good--- Jones makes good stuff and stands by their quality and workmanship

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Wow.

I love that. I'm getting a set of Titleist wedges once they're able to process custom orders again, I have to bookmark this page.

And maybe we will get to play and I can see them in person!!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ncwoz said:

Got a Wellputt mat to compliment the new Puttout trainer! Just barely enough space in the spare bedroom lol.

Forgive the poor lighting and the mess😜

IMG_20200327_165913206.thumb.jpg.30255affa89f1c874c9b67807d33bcd9.jpg

Let us know how you like that mat. I need to change a light and clean up in the basement, but I think I have a great spot for one once I do.

• Like 1