hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

14 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I've not really had any issues with using Android with Arccos other than battery drain and still have enough to play 18. I upgraded phones a while back and now that's to a minimum. My biggest complaint is Arccos not having the social aspect for Android and I've mulled the idea of buying an iPhone just for that reason. Looks like you had a good idea going that route, I hope you really enjoy it. The data is absolutely helpful and sometimes humbling. That's nice! Odyssey is one of those putters that I can just pick up in the store and just flat out roll. Now, on the course it might be a different story. Best of luck with it!

Just got my Boonie hat in today, it's a little more olive than I expected, but I think it'll do the job of keeping my ears and neck from frying. Makes me feel a little like@MattF but not as fashionable. 20200528_161751-01.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Cue @Peaksy68 insulting my hat! 🤣👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

21 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I have heard not-so-good things about the Android app so I went with the iPhone version.

I think some of the issues may be brand-specific. I use an old Huawei without a sim card and battery life is great. I can play 18 on a full charge and still have ~70% battery left after the round. The battery life on that phone was always outstanding, though.

As @yungkory said, it's little irritating that so many apps are so bad on Android, but the reasons are somewhat understandable, but at some point consumers need to stop accepting that excuse. When I had nothing but Apple devices for my last job, I hated them, but I think most of that was company-made software that sucked, souring my overall taste of the brand. If/when my youngest daughter gets a new phone, I may steal here iPhone 8 and try it with Arccos just to see if the experience is any better.

• Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I think some of the issues may be brand-specific. I use an old Huawei without a sim card and battery life is great. I can play 18 on a full charge and still have ~70% battery left after the round. The battery life on that phone was always outstanding, though.

As @yungkory said, it's little irritating that so many apps are so bad on Android, but the reasons are somewhat understandable, but at some point consumers need to stop accepting that excuse. When I had nothing but Apple devices for my last job, I hated them, but I think most of that was company-made software that sucked, souring my overall taste of the brand. If/when my youngest daughter gets a new phone, I may steal here iPhone 8 and try it with Arccos just to see if the experience is any better.

My daily use phone is and always has been Android. A couple of years ago I went with Pixel and haven't looked back; I figured that since Google is the developer of Android then I'd be as close as I can get to the source. 🙂 

There were 2 reasons I chose iOS over Android for Arccos though.

1- as you guys said; when you have a single OS you know what to expect and how to develop for it. When you have all of these different flavors of Android around there are so many bugs and issues to resolve that it no longer becomes cost-effective to have the app run at it's optimal potential. So Android gets a vanilla version.... or something like that and Apple gets the good stuff. 🙂

2- the primary reason is SIZE. the iPhone comes in 4" screen sizes which gives the phone itself a small footprint. I tried to find a small Android phone -- one with a similar size. I found one or two and only one that I would 'trust' - the Sony phone from years ago. I had it for a while but it no longer updated Android versions so I switched. If I have to keep this thing in my front pocket I want the smallest and lightest one I can use. If my Android phone was as small as the iPhone I'd probably use it but I guess everyone wants BIG HUGE PHONES now.

I know there's the Apple watch option but my family lives in the 'Droid world so that's a non-starter.

There's a simple solution to this - bring the dang belt sensor to market !!!! 😉

• Like 4

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
TBD...
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Hope this works! I'm not one to buy a putter without trying it first but I've heard outstanding things about this and can return up until August 1st.
It was between this one and the double wide; ready for all the MOI I can get.  Plus the "S" version has a little toehang for my slight arcing stroke.
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten S Putter Right Handed 34.25in
putters-2020-ten-slant-stroke-lab-black____1.png?sfrm=png&sw=600
Phil's first time out with it and he had 7 birdies.... I'll be happy with half of that. 

Have had mine out for one round but have been hitting putts indoors with it this week. I like the firm face. Don’t get a lot of feedback on off center strikes. Not sure if that is the grip or the BGT shaft. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not a preference.

I do like the putter.
  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

17 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Those look awesome, and from the look of the sole, really comfortable. I can't tell from the picture, are they spikeless or do the have Softspikes? 

Soft spikes. One huge one under the heel, and a few towards the toe. Very comfortable walking on the tile in the house, excited to try them on the course tomorrow!

14 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

My daily use phone is and always has been Android. A couple of years ago I went with Pixel and haven't looked back; I figured that since Google is the developer of Android then I'd be as close as I can get to the source. 🙂 

There were 2 reasons I chose iOS over Android for Arccos though.

1- as you guys said; when you have a single OS you know what to expect and how to develop for it. When you have all of these different flavors of Android around there are so many bugs and issues to resolve that it no longer becomes cost-effective to have the app run at it's optimal potential. So Android gets a vanilla version.... or something like that and Apple gets the good stuff. 🙂

2- the primary reason is SIZE. the iPhone comes in 4" screen sizes which gives the phone itself a small footprint. I tried to find a small Android phone -- one with a similar size. I found one or two and only one that I would 'trust' - the Sony phone from years ago. I had it for a while but it no longer updated Android versions so I switched. If I have to keep this thing in my front pocket I want the smallest and lightest one I can use. If my Android phone was as small as the iPhone I'd probably use it but I guess everyone wants BIG HUGE PHONES now.

I know there's the Apple watch option but my family lives in the 'Droid world so that's a non-starter.

There's a simple solution to this - bring the dang belt sensor to market !!!! 😉

That's the thing, I had a Pixel which is about as vanilla as you can get in terms of Android, AND IT WAS WORSE. My friend had an S10 and it worked better on TouchWiz or whatever Samsung calls their Android version/launcher. 

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

A maltby TSW wedge and new soft spikes for my FJ DNAs

• Like 5

Found a deal that was too good to pass up on a 9* Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero with Aldila 130 White Shaft TS. Really was looking for a 10.5, but you're able to adjust loft 1 or 2 degrees so should work out well.   Excited to have something shiny.

image.png.c6e068029a24f05ef41e98c260bdd5b5.png

• Like 6

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

I got some No 1 soda blue grips for a great price on ebay.

No1 43 Series Golf Grip - Soda Blue (Ribbed) - Regripit

• Like 5

TM.png.d551804c21debc091a6aef9280cf38ab.png

M5 10.5* -1 - Hzrdus Smoke Green
M2 3W -
2 Rescue -
P790 - 4-PW - C-Taper 120 S
Milled Grind - 54/58

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

1 hour ago, beelzeberto said:

I got some No 1

Been a New Decade guy for a long time, but may give these a try for something a bit softer.  Have you always used them or is this something new?

• Like 3

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

Really debating on bettinardi bb39 putter...was fitted last year wasn’t there for a putter and my current odyssey 1W is great and I don’t even like mallet putters but getting fitted this was a club I stood over and pitted less than 2 seconds drained all 10 putts (granted it was straight.)

deals on eBay right now...can someone talk me off the ledge or push me over....

847282CA-D691-4B1F-BD06-2D6FAB9A4AA8.thumb.png.f11f723189cb71e218029220c6a27cad.png

• Like 3

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

24 minutes ago, juspoole said:

Been a New Decade guy for a long time, but may give these a try for something a bit softer.  Have you always used them or is this something new?

Something new to try.

1. I love the color scheme and that's what caught my eye when I saw some irons on eBay with them.

2. I researched them and liked what I read so I got them to try.

• Like 3

TM.png.d551804c21debc091a6aef9280cf38ab.png

M5 10.5* -1 - Hzrdus Smoke Green
M2 3W -
2 Rescue -
P790 - 4-PW - C-Taper 120 S
Milled Grind - 54/58

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

Posted (edited)

What have I gone and done now?..🤦‍♂️

So about a week ago I posted about my trade for a Callaway steelhead XR 3+ wood. Usually when I have an itch for a particular club, I find it, get it, and close the door. 

I was searching around for a driver for a buddy and just couldn't help myself when I found this.. bought it for $20 with the plastic still on the head. It came with a Mits Kuro Kage blue 60g "made for" S flex. Took them both to the launch monitor. Nearly identical #'s. I really like the Adams at address and seemed a tad more forgiving. Only thing I didn't quite like was that while smooth, the shaft was a bit whippy for my liking. 

So last night I murdered it out with my Pro Force Black that I used to have in my driver. 

Sorry folks.. when I can get similar performance out of a brand new 5 year old club for $20.. as a $250 club from today's market.. 

0530200706.thumb.jpg.91ffce3698b52a9c93ca5dc4bc5c74b3.jpg0530200706b.thumb.jpg.451f4da9ea8a6a195a9a2a9faedc85a7.jpg0530200707b.thumb.jpg.9100655e4b8a4b56a5d8ec0a7973b70c.jpg0530200708.thumb.jpg.0da4e488757f8116a3fddf0baba9c5ae.jpg0530200706a.thumb.jpg.832f3a248f812a41cd9387d7e0bb424b.jpg

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 8

:cobra-small:  F8+ 9*/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:adams-small:  Tight Lies2  3 wood (14*) UST ProForce V2 Black (S+)
:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 4-GW 
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW 56/12 Wedge
:cleveland-small:  Huntington Beach #11 Putter

Current MGS test group member for fuji.jpg.2882d9125b503e4cc01e98268c2c0366.jpgMotoreX.jpg.5d63086430ba328b6d69e9b545a11340.jpg

Bought a grip remover and a caliper measuring tool. Grip ho-ing here I come! Already took off my standard sized Tour Velvet from my driver and replaced it with a MCC Plus 4 Undersized that was on a wedge shaft that was laying around. First time took about 5 minutes to get the grip off. Second time, it was easy-peezy. 

51llQhs7pBL._AC_SX425_.jpg

s-l400.jpg

• Like 6

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 5/26/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Nippon Zelos 7 Hybrid S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

I bought a Birdicorn divot tool to replace the one I got as a gift, which I lost last weekend. Lost the new one today - first time using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

PXG Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
Tour Edge Bazooka Platinum 23° Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shaft
Tour Edge HL4 5-6 Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shafts
Maltby KE4 Tour+ irons 7-GW w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts
Gigagolf S2 52° and 56° wedges w/UST for Gigagolf graphite shafts
Tommy Armour Impact #3 putter

13 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

My wife and I drove to Chattanooga to hit up a nursery to feed her plant addiction and on the way back stopped at the local DSG to check it out since they moved location into the mall. I walked out with a new pair of golf shoes after she talked me in to them. I think she was feeling guilt after spending money on plants the last couple of weeks and wanted to feel better about it. Got a pair of Adidas CP Traxion at a deal. They were listed at $79 and I got them for $59.
20200530_191358-01.jpeg20200530_191410-01.jpeg20200530_191418-01.jpeg

My second purchase was made after we got back into town and stopped at the ReStore. I've been wanting to pick up a bladed club since I've seen numerous threads about traditional vs SGI clubs and wanted to see if they held merit with this high capper. I initially found a Ben Hogan 8 iron and was going to pick it up, but I looked and saw a Wilson Staff Fluid Feel in a 6 iron. Then I found another in the set, and another, and another. I found a complete set 2-PW! At $2 a club I just bought them all. 20200530_183852-01.jpeg20200530_183114-01.jpeg20200530_183138-01.jpeg

They need a little TLC, they have rust spots on the heads and shafts. I'm actually going to try my hand at cleaning and buffing then out to see if I can make them prettier. The groups are in surprisingly good shape and still have some tack to them. 20200530_183236.jpeg

I'm going to have to give it a little bit before I get out and hit them as the local driving range is still suffering from tornado damage. I took the 2 iron out and looked down at it and I think I'm going to have nightmares.

20200530_183950-01.jpeg

I'm hoping to play an all iron round with them during the Hard Rock Challenge because I strangely like punishing myself. I think it might be bad.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Have you always gone spike less? I can’t get on board with them I like being able to swap spikes yearly....

• Like 1

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Have you always gone spike less? I can’t get on board with them I like being able to swap spikes yearly....

I like using both, I have a pair of FJ's that have spikes I use in wet conditions and for SuperSpeed. I also have some Pumas that are spikeless, so I thought I'd get another pair to switch back and forth to keep the wear down on them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I like using both, I have a pair of FJ's that have spikes I use in wet conditions and for SuperSpeed. I also have some Pumas that are spikeless, so I thought I'd get another pair to switch back and forth to keep the wear down on them. 

Comes from my baseball days lol. If I could get metal spikes I would 😂

• Like 2

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Comes from my baseball days lol. If I could get metal spikes I would 😂

Good ground contact is important, I actually remember my first set of golf shoes had metal spikes. They felt like you could walk straight up a tree with them. They definitely had some grip, except on concrete where they were just a little slick. 

• Haha 1