hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

29 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It'll drive you crazy, but you'll love it. Have fun rolling it on those beautiful hardwood floors! 😄

I have carpet too🤪

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram

Waiting on my :cobra-small: SpeedZones

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    

:cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:

18 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Good to know. I’ve replaced my original lenses with with polarized XLJ ones on my flak jackets but went with the Oakley ones. I ended up getting a decent deal but it was still more expensive than those.

I’ve always been weary of using non-OEM lenses but that brand always popped up. I’ll keep them in mind when I need another set of lenses. I can’t believe the frames are going on 12 years old now. emoji33.png I’ve replaced the rubber bits 3 times but can’t say I haven’t gotten my moneys worth out of them!image-2020-06-02-11:11:29-322.jpg

I tried the Fuse in a pair of Oakley's and got 2 pairs and my money back because the fit was not good. Went and bought direct from Oakley and am much happier. 

• Like 4

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

18 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

My putting had always been a strong suit for me but I’ve struggled over the last 3-4 months so I made a purchase
IMG_2064.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nice!

Good luck getting it in the hole though. That is a maddening challenge!

• Like 4

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
TBD...
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

They’re finally in
E4000CA2-B320-49D7-A3DE-8D1E6FDC7DD9.thumb.jpeg.eee2a4ff249e6e077c09defc11095aaf.jpeg

Still no pictures....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

18 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Still no pictures.... emoji2357.png

Still in box when I see you see 😂

• Like 2

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

61263696713__B0826680-459A-4285-881F-F3BB0EF63AD3.JPGfor my daughter, she’s starting to show an interest

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Mizuno JPX EZ 3W, 14U

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

Ping G30 5I - PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

61263696713__B0826680-459A-4285-881F-F3BB0EF63AD3.thumb.JPG.63314655387ff2809902ccd1b2b77171.JPGfor my daughter, she’s starting to show an interest

That’s great

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I try not to buy alot and get stuff for free like tees, towels, balls, etc....but I did buy a CustomCru head cover. THese things are so nice and legit. Love the look and I feel that I will never forget mine since I paid a premium. Lol 

• Like 2

Alright - I have G30’s - Didn’t care for the G410’s the 3 times that I have tried them including at a fitting for the Ping long game testing last year.

But I’m certain I have a bit to be gained by moving up three iterations of something.

My overall ARCCOS handicap is 3.8 right now - driving and approach shots are around a 9 with all of my gain from 6 to 3.8 coming from dropping the driving number from 15 to 9.

I know that my driving number is limited by my lack of distance (I’m hitting over 75 percent of my fairways and even my misses are playable).

But there’s lots of room for approach shot improvement. So I pulled the trigger on a set of D7’s this weekend.

There were a few reasons.

First, as a better player my eye goes towards player’s type irons. But as an older guy with a moderate swing speed fitters have repeatedly told me that I benefit from a wider platform in my middle irons and woods over hybrids for longer clubs.

Second, I’ve hit them a limited number of times with great success, had success with a set of Wilson C100’s - like a 38 on the front at TPC Sawgrass and a safe landing with 9 iron on 17. Only a few issues on 16 (non iron related) prevented me from breaking 80.

Third, I’ve played with Foz, who games them, and absolutely love how they sound.

I will let you know how they work out. I’m looking for more consistency and a tad more distance. I’m also looking hard at that gap between 8 and 7 as well as which gap wedge I should use and if 5 iron is a better choice than 9 wood (9 wood is not great in windy conditions and i live close to the Gulf of Mexico - windy enough to impact a golf ball)

I got fitted for D-7's with Recoils last year and loved them. Wife's new clubs were a higher priority. Maybe by the end of this season I'll spring for them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I have a weakness for driver shafts and just purchased a VA Composites Nemesys 55 stiff shaft. The Devotion 45 has been slightly erratic and I’m thinking it may be due to it being a regular flex. Paid a little extra for 2-Day shipping so it should be here Thursday!

Nice! Post some pics once it’s in. I’ve been reading a bit about them lately.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

Nice! Post some pics once it’s in. I’ve been reading a bit about them lately.

I definitely will post some pics. The few reviews out there are all positive and Matt from TXG absolutely smoked it when they reviewed it. I love the thought of adding mass to the head for more ball speed and forgiveness!

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

I definitely will post some pics. The few reviews out there are all positive and Matt from TXG absolutely smoked it when they reviewed it. I love the thought of adding mass to the head for more ball speed and forgiveness!

Yes he did! I think @jlukes is playing that too, or did in the 65 weight, maybe he can chime in with his thoughts.

I wish I could hit it like Matt. Hahaha

Edited by B.Boston
fixed mention
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

I have a weakness for driver shafts and just purchased a VA Composites Nemesys 55 stiff shaft. The Devotion 45 has been slightly erratic and I’m thinking it may be due to it being a regular flex. Paid a little extra for 2-Day shipping so it should be here Thursday!

...  I have a similar weakness and have had so much success with my Tensei Orange in stiff flex I ordered a Tensei Pro Orange in regular flex as the tip is very stiff. Pretty sure it is too much shaft for me but as Albert Popwell said in the opening scene of Dirty Harry "I got's ta know!" Looking forward to hearing how the Nemesys works for you. 

• Like 7

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

Yes he did! I think [mention=56939]jlukes[/mention] is playing that too, or did in the 65 weight, maybe he can chime in with his thoughts.

I wish I could hit it like Matt. Hahaha

Yeah he is. I actually messaged him to see what his initial thoughts were.

• Like 3

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

...  I have a similar weakness and have had so much success with my Tensei Orange in stiff flex I ordered a Tensei Pro Orange in regular flex as the tip is very stiff. Pretty sure it is too much shaft for me but as Albert Popwell said in the opening scene of Dirty Harry "I got's ta know!" Looking forward to hearing how the Nemesys works for you. 

That is what I tell my wife when a new shaft shows up! Lol

• Like 4

Decided to get an electric cart this year.  Purchased a Sun Mountain C130 bag in black two months ago.  Zip Navigator black cart arrived last week and picked up a couple of Dormie headcovers in black from my home course.

Will be getting an iron fitting at TXG in a couple of weeks as they begin to reopen.  Happy with my current set but nice to eliminate the doubt something else could be much better.

• Like 5

Driver - Callaway Rogue Draw

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Irons - Srixon Z565 5-PW

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 52-56-60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I ordered a Women's F9 Speedback 7i customized from Cobragolf.com for my wife.   It was the only place I could find those where you could still

pick shaft length, grip, loft adjustment etc.   If she likes it, I'll get her the 8-SW. 

I got a little greedy and also included the F9 Speedback driver for her.  🙂    Same deal:  these are available elsewhere, maybe a couple dollars less, but not customizable like direct from Cobra 🙂

thanks to @TCUFrog  who stated he had just purchased F9 irons for his wife vs speedzones, they're about $25-30 less per club 🙂 

• Like 9

:ping-small:       G400 Max. Project X Evenflow Blue 6.5s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 4-50deg GW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

Right handed

New Jersey, USA

Handicap: 16

Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips

Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  🙂

21 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

I ordered a Women's F9 Speedback 7i customized from Cobragolf.com for my wife.   It was the only place I could find those where you could still

pick shaft length, grip, loft adjustment etc.   If she likes it, I'll get her the 8-SW. 

I got a little greedy and also included the F9 Speedback driver for her.  🙂    Same deal:  these are available elsewhere, maybe a couple dollars less, but not customizable like direct from Cobra 🙂

thanks to @TCUFrog  who stated he had just purchased F9 irons for his wife vs speedzones, they're about $25-30 less per club 🙂 

Can't wait to hear how she likes it! I appreciate the fact that Cobra offers women's clubs without having to look like a Women's specific club. My wife has loved hers so far.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

6 minutes ago, TCUFrog said:

Can't wait to hear how she likes it! I appreciate the fact that Cobra offers women's clubs without having to look like a Women's specific club. My wife has loved hers so far.

Well, I did get her the women's version, which are, in fact, "pinked and shrinked"... sort of. 

The head weights are different to accommodate for the shorter lighter shaft.  The overall swing weight is lower.  The lofts are actually stronger compared to the mens versions, 

but it's possible that that is somehow coupled with some more weighting tech to get the launch angle up?  I'm not sure.  I ordered it 3/4 short with a different grip.  

The colors are cooler!!! 🙂  I'm not a fan of yellow too much, must be my fear of yellowjackets.  I can rock pink and black all day.  

When they pick me for those Speedzone/Forged Tec's, I'm getting the black/white combo 🙂 

• Like 2

:ping-small:       G400 Max. Project X Evenflow Blue 6.5s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 4-50deg GW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

Right handed

New Jersey, USA

Handicap: 16

Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips

Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  🙂