hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

Didn't buy it, but I did just win this cool Caddyshack towel from Bag Boy Golf. Dont think i can bring myself to add it to the bag so it should make a good addition to the man cave. 

20200730_203512.jpg

• Like 6

I’ve had that problem but w cheap sunglasses not the better ones.
I’ll play w Tifosi’s tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

IMG_1315.JPG
Played wearing these Tifosis this morning. No problem at all, no distortion or issues. Shot 41 all my problems were off the Tee.

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

IMG_1315.JPG
Played wearing these Tifosis this morning. No problem at all, no distortion or issues. Shot 41 all my problems were off the Tee.

Good looking pair right there! 😍

• Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

Good looking pair right there! 

Thanks, they have a Transition type lens and do get lighter to dark.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

You all will get a kick out of this.  You know I purchased some Tifosi sunglasses Monday and there is a store in my city (Watkinsville, Ga.). They were shipped from Tifosi Monday.  I live 2.5 miles from the store.  I checked today and projected delivery date is Saturday. 😵  It shows they left town to head to Atlanta and then will head BACK to Watkinsville Saturday.  The USPS is messing with my patience. Now I could have paid $6.00 extra for two day shipping however I figured since the Tifosi Headquarters was in the town I lived in, I'd go with free shipping which they offer for orders over $25.00.    I guess the postal service gets pissed when you don't pay the extra bucks so they send your stuff around the state before it finally arrives.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

You all will get a kick out of this.  You know I purchased some Tifosi sunglasses Monday and there is a store in my city (Watkinsville, Ga.). They were shipped from Tifosi Monday.  I live 2.5 miles from the store.  I checked today and projected delivery date is Saturday.   It shows they left town to head to Atlanta and then will head BACK to Watkinsville Saturday.  The USPS is messing with my patience. Now I could have paid $6.00 extra for two day shipping however I figured since the Tifosi Headquarters was in the town I lived in, I'd go with free shipping which they offer for orders over $25.00.    I guess the postal service gets pissed when you don't pay the extra bucks so they send your stuff around the state before it finally arrives.   

Gotta love it when that happens. Unfortunately it’s not uncommon.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Huge thanks to @mr.hicksta for grabbing one of these for me and mailing it out to Hawaii. Couldn't find it locally, or online, anywhere that wasn't going to cost me a fortune. I can finally hold more than a baby bottles worth of water! #fullyrealizedcupholder

1EE3DAA5-1647-4112-85E7-BE9F0227FF95.jpeg.05cda72aeda221ed2b5c36cb7ce43364.jpeg

Next best thing to a new pair of kicks

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

26 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Huge thanks to @mr.hicksta for grabbing one of these for me and mailing it out to Hawaii. Couldn't find it locally, or online, anywhere that wasn't going to cost me a fortune. I can finally hold more than a baby bottles worth of water! #fullyrealizedcupholder

Josh is one helluva good dude.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

35 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Next best thing to a new pair of kicks

I wouldn't go quite THAT far.

9 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

One of the best!

fosho GIF

• Like 6

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

13 hours ago, yungkory said:

I remember being personally insulted when I saw the shot glass sized holder they include with the cart, so I couldn't have you suffering out there! Happy to help brotha!!!

12 hours ago, russtopherb said:

giphy.gif

• Like 7

TaylorMade SIM 9º | Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Ping G410 4H 22º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland RTX 4 50 Mid, 54 Mid, 60 Full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
TaylorMade TP5

Got a new putter grip and am in love. Had been struggling with the Sense Grip with distance control and it started to feel too small in my hands. Picked up a Tour Snsr 140cc, its awesome. It is a heavy grip, it helps offset the heavy head my putter has (395 gram head).

IMG_7121.JPG.b96794f7971999b8f3eaa4cf6e7c1ebd.JPG

• Like 6

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'm an unrepentant putter buyer. Over the years, I've been able to fit myself into a style of putter that works well for me, but I can't ever see myself settling on a single putter for the rest of my life. I just find putters interesting.

This year has been a very, very solid putting season for me. (I've gone on a dive into my putting stats starting with this post.) Last winter, I bought an Odyssey Stroke Lab R-Ball Slant Neck. I'm definitely a mallet guy, and with a pull being my most problematic miss, a bit of toe hang helps slow the rotation of the face. I also love the R-Ball alignment setup: not only does it help me set up on the proper line, but I use it during the stroke as well. Often, my image during my stroke is to imagine the rear ball passing through the "gate" of the alignment lines. That encourages the "held off" feel I want when I'm putting (I don't release the head).

image.png

So why would I buy another putter? [insert maniacal laughter, because let's admit it, we're all a bit nuts here]

I have one objection to this putter: the sound is awful. High-pitching tingy noises annoy me in golf clubs. I know this is a nice putter, but that sound feels cheap to me. I can deal with it, but I certainly don't prefer it.

So the question: can I get the benefits of the R-Ball without the obnoxious noise? My go to putter last year was an Odyssey EXO Indianapolis Slant. We had some good times together, especially after I built a DIY Stroke Lab shaft for it with a Gravity Grip. It's a nice putter. Might see the course again sometime. The only thing it lacks is the alignment features of the R-Ball.

But what about this?

image.png

This is the EXO Seven Mini Slant. I've had a Seven before and loved it; it's a head shape I already know I get along with. The Seven Mini, though, has that bar across the back. Anyone else seeing that the void space in the putter head creates an effect very similar to the R-Ball? I thought so too.

So now it was time to find a deal. The logical starting place was Callaway Pre-owned. Having learned a lesson before, I not only checked CPO's own website, but also their listings on eBay and Amazon. Turns out that right now, Amazon listing was the cheapest, at $133.

That's OK, but we can probably beat that, right?

So I scoured eBay for other sellers (nada). I bounced around to the various discount retailers (RBG, Dallas, Global, Hurricane). Nothing so far.

Then I hit 2nd Swing. BOOM! Their highest condition rating (9.5; mint) was going for $115. Adding tax, free shipping, we're up in the low $120s. One more step: search for coupon codes. I found a $20 off $100 code that worked.

Final price: $100.69 shipped.

[I'm so glad this forum exists. Where else can you tell a story like this and find anyone who cares?]

I have a love for putters as well. I thought I should be a mallet guy, since mallets are supposed to the most forgiving, but I have found myself to be a wide-blade guy. The only thing that is preventing me from buying a new putter is that my putting has been improving significantly with my Scotty Squareback, so I don't want to buy something new that will take it out of the starting lineup.

• Like 4

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'm an unrepentant putter buyer. Over the years, I've been able to fit myself into a style of putter that works well for me, but I can't ever see myself settling on a single putter for the rest of my life. I just find putters too interesting.

This year has been a very, very solid putting season for me. (I've gone on a dive into my putting stats starting with this post.) Last winter, I bought an Odyssey Stroke Lab R-Ball Slant Neck. I'm definitely a mallet guy, and with a pull being my most problematic miss, a bit of toe hang helps slow the rotation of the face. I also love the R-Ball alignment setup: not only does it help me set up on the proper line, but I use it during the stroke as well. Often, my image during my stroke is to imagine the rear ball passing through the "gate" of the alignment lines. That encourages the "held off" feel I want when I'm putting (I don't release the head).

image.png

So why would I buy another putter? [insert maniacal laughter, because let's admit it, we're all a bit nuts here]

I have one objection to this putter: the sound is awful. High-pitching tingy noises annoy me in golf clubs. I know this is a nice putter, but that sound feels cheap to me. I can deal with it, but I certainly don't prefer it.

So the question: can I get the benefits of the R-Ball without the obnoxious noise? My go to putter last year was an Odyssey EXO Indianapolis Slant. We had some good times together, especially after I built a DIY Stroke Lab shaft for it with a Gravity Grip. It's a nice putter. Might see the course again sometime. The only thing it lacks is the alignment features of the R-Ball.

But what about this?

image.png

This is the EXO Seven Mini Slant. I've had a Seven before and loved it; it's a head shape I already know I get along with. The Seven Mini, though, has that bar across the back. Anyone else seeing that the void space in the putter head creates an effect very similar to the R-Ball? I thought so too.

So now it was time to find a deal. The logical starting place was Callaway Pre-owned. Having learned a lesson before, I not only checked CPO's own website, but also their listings on eBay and Amazon. Turns out that right now, the Amazon listing was the cheapest, at $133.

So I scoured eBay for other sellers (nada). I bounced around to the various discount retailers (RBG, Dallas, Global, Hurricane). Nothing so far.

Then I hit 2nd Swing. BOOM! Their highest condition rating (9.5; mint) was going for $115. Adding tax, free shipping, we're up in the low $120s. One more step: search for coupon codes. I found a $20 off $100 code that worked.

[I'm so glad this forum exists. Where else can you tell a story like this and find anyone who cares?]

Great find! I definitely respect the hunt for a good deal!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

I'm an unrepentant putter buyer. Over the years, I've been able to fit myself into a style of putter that works well for me, but I can't ever see myself settling on a single putter for the rest of my life. I just find putters too interesting.
image.png.46a321dd7647555e6fda073721fdf04b.png
But what about this?
image.png.ac07b117e016b8fe8b8a8de4c35d293e.png
So now it was time to find a deal. The logical starting place was Callaway Pre-owned. Having learned a lesson before, I not only checked CPO's own website, but also their listings on eBay and Amazon. Turns out that right now, the Amazon listing was the cheapest, at $133.
[i'm so glad this forum exists. Where else can you tell a story like this and find anyone who cares?]

This is how it is done!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Reading that was almost like watching an episode of extreme couponing but with less tooth paste. I'm impressed. 

LOL. I will tell you my extreme couponing stories when we play our round on Sunday. Has to do with things like buying left handed clubs only for trade in purposes, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Updated 7/14/2020

I left some gloves a couple weeks ago so I was in need....found 4 Bionic gloves for $10/each. They normally sell got $24.

IMG_2387.JPG

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

• Like 5

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

If you saw my post in Got Problems you'll know our fridge is slowly killing itself, so this arvo after work I went and ordered a new one. It's an LG, which is what our current one is albeit with Kenmore labelling. If you're interested, this is the one:

medium01.jpg

large05.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!