What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

3 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Since we don't have a "What are you thing about NOT buying" thread, I'll post this here.

My game is suddenly in shambles. I'm thinking of calling PXG Monday and canceling my iron set and putter. Really down on myself right now.... anybody have some cheese for my whine? LOL. 

I would say that if you're going to play bad, you should at least look good doing it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honmas arrived. More pics in my fitting thread

To follow up on one of my teases from the other day. PXG Proto X 9 degree Evenflow Blue 5.5  

Yesterday evening. Me: Hears 17yo daughter pick up package from front door. “What did we get?” 17yo:  I don’t know, I didn’t order anything. Me: Looks at wife and we simultaneously say

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Since we don't have a "What are you thing about NOT buying" thread, I'll post this here.

My game is suddenly in shambles. I'm thinking of calling PXG Monday and canceling my iron set and putter. Really down on myself right now.... anybody have some cheese for my whine? LOL. 

I can tell you that we have all been there.  I'm been there a couple of times this year.  It will quickly come back.  I consider @silver & black the poster child for coming back from the shambles.  I'm not sure what he did, but the turnaround was amazing.  

Sometimes we need to just make a change in equipment, and new irons and putter may do the trick.  Think positive!!

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 9/3/2020 at 5:15 PM, Sluggo42 said:

My new SIM Max D is now my old driver, and say hello to my little friend!

Mavric sub Zero !!

hahaI don't know what crawled up my uhhh pants leg, because the SIM was a solid fairway finder, really solid. BUT, it wasn't any longer that my Ping G400LST. And that club was already a fairway finder. SOOOOOoooooo, Enter the MAV... we shall see if its longer as I have quite a few holes where Ive hit numerous solid drives, and I'll know if Im longer rather quickly.

I think you’ll like it.  I had the MAX-D earlier this year snd it didn’t work for what i wanted.  I’ve had the Sub Zero in the bag—-alternating with the Cobra SZ Extreme—for about a month now.  It’s been very good.

On 9/3/2020 at 5:19 PM, dlow206 said:

That's what I am talking about, owning multiple drivers from the same current release year (SIM and Mavrik). That's the definition of belonging to CHA.

I’m glad you said Multiple and not TWO 🤣🤣

On 9/8/2020 at 2:12 PM, yungkory said:

I see Mizuno, I press "like"

I can't even flame you for being a ho because having mizzys is the right thing to do

Well, You’ll be hitting like again before too long 🤪

• Like 6
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Think I am slowing getting my wife on board with golf purchases. Driver for father's day and superspeed golf for the birthday maybe wedges for Christmas? Don't want to get too ahead of myself yet though.

Edited by ejgaudette
  • Like 7

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

My most recent golf purchases have been a little light lately. Bamboo tees, a Birdiecorn ball mark repair tool, and a Bettinardi Veteran Golf Association towel.

• Like 4

:taylormade-small: Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° set to 9.5° w/ALTA CB R

image.png Gen 1 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue 5.5

:ping-small: G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/TFC 419H R

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 23° Green Dot Mitsubishi Tensei Blue R 

image.png 0211 irons 5 - GW 2° upright w/True Temper Elevate R 

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105 Wedge Flex

:EVNROLL: ER7 34”

Played in a scramble yesterday with a guy that had the Sim Max D driver.  I hit it a few times into a field while we were waiting on the tee. Distance wise it was hard to judge but the flight was really nice. I have been struggling with the Proto X the last few rounds so today I traded it for a Sim Max. It isn’t the D version but it may stem the tide for the rest of the season. Especially with the odds being that I have less than a month left of it. 

• Like 5

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

34 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Played in a scramble yesterday with a guy that had the Sim Max D driver.  I hit it a few times into a field while we were waiting on the tee. Distance wise it was hard to judge but the flight was really nice. I have been struggling with the Proto X the last few rounds so today I traded it for a Sim Max. It isn’t the D version but it may stem the tide for the rest of the season. Especially with the odds being that I have less than a month left of it. 

Let us know if you see right misses with the SIM Max. 

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

17 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Let us know if you see right misses with the SIM Max. 

Will do. I sure hope I don’t.  Everything was a nice baby draw with the D version so I’m hoping at worst it will straighten that out. While some golfers prefer to eliminate the left side of the course, I prefer to eliminate the right.  I’m guessing the D version was what I should have went with but a straight up trade and a diminishing season sealed the deal.

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

14 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Will do. I sure hope I don’t.  Everything was a nice baby draw with the D version so I’m hoping at worst it will straighten that out. While some golfers prefer to eliminate the left side of the course, I prefer to eliminate the right.  I’m guessing the D version was what I should have went with but a straight up trade and a diminishing season sealed the deal.

There is a pretty long WRX thread about the SIM and SIM Max being fade biased. I have been tinkering to try to reduce the fade bias, just need it to be slightly less fade biased. Once in a while will hit a big push fade so far right that I wonder where that came from.

@yungkory - you still having the right miss with the SIM Max?

• Like 3

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

There is a pretty long WRX thread about the SIM and SIM Max being fade biased. I have been tinkering to try to reduce the fade bias, just need it to be slightly less fade biased. Once in a while will hit a big push fade so far right that I wonder where that came from.

Well that isn’t what I want to hear as that is usually my miss. I have worked hard the last couple years at eliminating the slice that plaqued me for years. Now the big push fade comes into play when I get lazy. 

Just ordered some Spyguy tee shirts from the main site in black and olive green. They're running a flash sale at $10 a piece for the next few hours and I couldn't turn it down. I did have to make two separate orders as ordering two in one order for the price up to $17.50 each. Glitch, maybe? Been wanting a MyGolfSpy tee for a while and finally got a couple. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just ordered some Spyguy tee shirts from the main site in black and olive green. They're running a flash sale at $10 a piece for the next few hours and I couldn't turn it down. I did have to make two separate orders as ordering two in one order for the price up to $17.50 each. Glitch, maybe? Been wanting a MyGolfSpy tee for a while and finally got a couple. 

I was talking to Harry today when I was buying mine; yes it is nice to be able to buy in person,  and he thought it was supposed to be $10 off.   I showed him the twitter post so I just paid $10.  He also mentioned that it was only supposed to be for one with discounts on other purchases.  Sounds like you worked around the system.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I was talking to Harry today when I was buying mine; yes it is nice to be able to buy in person,  and he thought it was supposed to be $10 off.   I showed him the twitter post so I just paid $10.  He also mentioned that it was only supposed to be for one with discounts on other purchases.  Sounds like you worked around the system.  

They look like really great shirts and I got pretty excited about them. Hopefully Harry won't put me in timeout for gaming the system. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
22 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

They look like really great shirts and I got pretty excited about them. Hopefully Harry won't put me in timeout for gaming the system. 😁

I wish they had the winter hats in-stock. Getting ready for the colder weather.

• Like 2

Updated 10/6/2020

6 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I wish they had the winter hats in-stock. Getting ready for the colder weather.

I love the look of those and I hope they get more like them in. I regret not buying one of those when they came out. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Haven't played in over a month because of lockdown 2.0 but, probably!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5