Jump to content
Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)


hckymeyer

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

15 if I live as long as my mom.  😀

I was thinking more about when they finish retiring not when they stop expiring 🤣

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Rickp said:

When I moved to Villages 10 years ago it was approximately 70K from what I’ve heard it’s now around 150K.  Thought we would run out of Babyboomers by now!

Renters it’s January thru March but Snowbirds are coming down earlier and staying longer most to avoid Covid restrictions.

Additionally, I think more people are moving to Florida because they like your Governor and your politics.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

I got this straight from some Canadians I know--- This year if they went back before April 1st they had to take and pay for a Covid test. After April 1st they could go back in wide open. And since the weather is still bad up North this year some of the Snowbirds have extended their stay. Now on the regular tourist golf season we will get some sporadic tourist trade from Golf Now simply because of our prices. I know one group I met from WVA told me it was like 165 to play Caledonia. At our place with the card they could play like 4 rounds for that price. 

Isn’t that high for Calidonia?

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Yep How well I know right below me where 17 Business and 17 BP meet they are putting in houses and right up from me by Tupelo Bay they put like several hundred tiny houses all for tourist lease. Now they just shot down some development planned for 707. The roads in this area simply can not handle the traffic. One of the reasons we are thinking about dragging up from here. But we have no idea where we want to go

Wasn’t there a Visitor to MB building?

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

@BIG STU, @Grand Stranded With all these new communities I'm surprised that so many golf courses have closed and sold to developers. Its sounding like making last minute tee times in your areas are going to be a thing of the past and a round might take 5 to 6 hours. 

Have either of you noticed compressed tee time spacing yet?

See you in 4 weeks!

It should ease up a bit by the time you get down the end of May. We’ll leave a light on for you, Tom. 😜

@BIG STUwill agree, I’m sure when I tell you the reason for all the course closings are twofold. 
First, a lot of the older, privately owned courses are in the hands of the second generation now, and those kids (adults now) have kids who either want nothing to do with the business, or there are too many mouths to feed to make it worth splitting the pie.

Second is the building boom. Home prices are going through the roof. It’s almost foolish not to build on the courses now, especially those not making big profits. My condo has gone up over 150% in the last 18 months…  which sounds great, but if I sell and want to stay in the area, home prices have almost doubled, so where do you go?

The ideal scenario for these course owners is having let’s say 3 nines, closing one and building, or if they have more than one 18, closing one makes even more sense. The problem I see is eventually this bubble will burst and we’ll be back to where we were 11-12 years ago when the real estate market tanked and everywhere you looked there were foreclosures and short sales.

I’m getting to the same point Stu and his wife are. It’s gotten really crowded down here and it’s getting worse. If I could think of a place I’d like to move to, I think I’m ready to go. The vibe down here is completely different now, it’s losing that small but edgy beach vibe it had. I loved the old steak houses, strip clubs and golf thing they used to have going on. Alas, those days are gone. 😢

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

                        :ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

 

                                    

          

                      

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Got about another 8 years before you run out of boomers. 

I plan on holding on a lot longer than that Sonny boy. 😉

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

                        :ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

 

                                    

          

                      

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

It should ease up a bit by the time you get down the end of May. We’ll leave a light on for you, Tom. 😜

@BIG STUwill agree, I’m sure when I tell you the reason for all the course closings are twofold. 
First, a lot of the older, privately owned courses are in the hands of the second generation now, and those kids (adults now) have kids who either want nothing to do with the business, or there are too many mouths to feed to make it worth splitting the pie.

Second is the building boom. Home prices are going through the roof. It’s almost foolish not to build on the courses now, especially those not making big profits. My condo has gone up over 150% in the last 18 months…  which sounds great, but if I sell and want to stay in the area, home prices have almost doubled, so where do you go?

The ideal scenario for these course owners is having let’s say 3 nines, closing one and building, or if they have more than one 18, closing one makes even more sense. The problem I see is eventually this bubble will burst and we’ll be back to where we were 11-12 years ago when the real estate market tanked and everywhere you looked there were foreclosures and short sales.

I’m getting to the same point Stu and his wife are. It’s gotten really crowded down here and it’s getting worse. If I could think of a place I’d like to move to, I think I’m ready to go. The vibe down here is completely different now, it’s losing that small but edgy beach vibe it had. I loved the old steak houses, strip clubs and golf thing they used to have going on. Alas, those days are gone. 😢

I think you hit on it .

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Isn’t that high for Calidonia?

It’s a new world with all the new golfers due to Covid, Rick. You’d be amazed at the prices they’re getting. I used to have a “travel day” once a week, now I do it once a month. I stay in Barefoot and just pay the cart fee.
 

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

                        :ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

 

                                    

          

                      

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

It’s a new world with all the new golfers due to Covid, Rick. You’d be amazed at the prices they’re getting. I used to have a “travel day” once a week, now I do it once a month. I stay in Barefoot and just pay the cart fee.
 

 

... Yup, 3 winters ago I could play some really nice courses as a single on Golfnow for $49-59 and now those same courses are $250-350 IF I can find a tee time. Just crazy how much pricing has changed. It would be nice if they had winter resident rates but why would they, if they can get the big bucks from folks willing to pay it? 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... Yup, 3 winters ago I could play some really nice courses as a single on Golfnow for $49-59 and now those same courses are $250-350 IF I can find a tee time. Just crazy how much pricing has changed. It would be nice if they had winter resident rates but why would they, if they can get the big bucks from folks willing to pay it? 

I’m visiting family up on Long Island right now, and some old friends invited me to play today at a course that was about $40 on a week day two years ago. I’m dealing with a calf injury so I was disappointed I couldn’t play, until they told me they paid $85. It’s not exactly Pine Valley either. 
Like you said though, they’re filling up the tee sheet, so why not?
 

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

                        :ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

 

                                    

          

                      

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

It’s a new world with all the new golfers due to Covid, Rick. You’d be amazed at the prices they’re getting. I used to have a “travel day” once a week, now I do it once a month. I stay in Barefoot and just pay the cart fee.
 

Yeah I basically do the same thing only at Indigo.

I can remember back in 02 the courses here were hurting after 911. We had the home here but were not full time yet. They had some fantastic deals on golf

Fast Forward to the 08 09 recession they were begging for play and there were some good deals but generally course conditions sucked from lack of funds

In 2020 when the Pandemic hit the Founders Group of 21 courses the pandemic hit hard. They had done away with individual club memberships forcing everyone to buy the Prime Times cards but even with the cards they were pricey especially for retirees on a fixed income wanting to play 3 times a week or more. When they closed Indian Wells most of the long time members went with the Legends Group. When the pandemic hit and especially the Canadians were not coming down it hit the Founders Group hard. They had alienated the locals so much they had to close like 6 of their courses temporarily for lack of play. One of the reasons prices are so high at their courses now. Actually Indigo did well mainly because of the price point. With schools being closed we saw an influx of like school age people playing. LOL it was a classic club Ho haven. Lots of kids had like their Grandfather's old Ping Eye 2s dragged out. I would say 99% of the locals did like me and stuck to their guns and supported their local home courses and groups. I sold like 10 sets of clubs during that time. If I had not been hurt and had gotten more aggressive I could have sold more I am sure. I also sold my remaining stock of used balls too. People that had not played Golf any did not realize the price of new balls even cheap ones and Wal Mart was out of cheap balls.

I also see the local housing boom collapsing in a couple of years like it did before. If one does not learn from history it is doomed to repeat itself.

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

 

 

 G

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Isn’t that high for Calidonia?

If you’re talking about Caledonia Golf & Fish Club here in the Myrtle area … FYI, they’ve been having issues with the greens as of late.

Fantastic course, worth every penny, and it’s Top 100 ranking … but I’d look at its sister course, True Blue next door. 

Edited by mikeanthony

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

If you’re talking about Caledonia Golf & Fish Club here in the Myrtle area … FYI, they’ve been having issues with the greens as of late.

Fantastic course, worth every penny, and it’s Top 100 ranking … I’d look at its sister course, True Blue next door. 

Funny you should say that.  Yes I’m talking about Caledonia F&G.  Love the course but conditions at that time were not great, it was quite a while ago.  True Blue for some reasons was not my favorite, it wasn’t for me LH friendly, but was in decent shape.

 

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Funny you should say that.  Yes I’m talking about Caledonia F&G.  Love the course but conditions at that time were not great, it was quite a while ago.  True Blue for some reasons was not my favorite, it wasn’t for me LH friendly, but was in decent shape.

 

Gotcha. And yeah, it was pretty severe to the point that it’s still a bit of an issue now. ☹️

The Pawleys area courses are gems for us here in Charleston and only 90 mins away. For me, outside of those two Mike Strantz courses … River Club is nice, Pawleys Plantation is a fun, great course, and lastly Prestwick has the best greens. 👌🏼

I know this can be discussed on a different thread, but holy crap, Tobacco Road is the best course I’ve ever played and Tot Hill is the most fun and challenging course I’ve ever played. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 3:23 PM, chisag said:

listening to Elvis

Might be sacrilegious to some, but not really a fan.  🙂

 

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Might be sacrilegious to some, but not really a fan.  🙂

 

 

25 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Might be sacrilegious to some, but not really a fan.  🙂

 

No problem with me but my wife would kick your butt!!  HUGE Elvis Fan.

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

Might be sacrilegious to some, but not really a fan.  🙂

 

 

... I didn't imagine you were or you drove a Gremlin. 😉  On a side note, with all the years I spent in radio you would not believe how many Elvis Impersonator contests I had to MC. First one was pretty funny, second one kinda amusing and by the third I wished Elvis was a Nascar driver and by the 20th I wished he never existed. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it hilarious that the people pissing and moaning about snowbirds and tourists are the ones that moved to the place and weren't there their whole lives...just a thought.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MattF said:

I find it hilarious that the people pissing and moaning about snowbirds and tourists are the ones that moved to the place and weren't there their whole lives...just a thought.

 

... Yup, like I said don't blame the Player blame the Game. I would never have a problem with the people wanting to play someplace sunny and warm for a winter, a few weeks or just a long weekend. How could I if I was one of them for 40 years? It's the courses that gouge their customers that I have little respect for. There are a few courses here in Phoenix that are worth the high price because the views are breathtaking, the course layout is outstanding, greens pristine and the conditions are always excellent. There are many other mediocre courses at best worth $50 that just jack up their prices to $200+ because they can. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MattF said:

I find it hilarious that the people pissing and moaning about snowbirds and tourists are the ones that moved to the place and weren't there their whole lives...just a thought.

True.  The problem lies in the attitudes especially last few years.  Snowbirds have homes here come down and care about neighbors and environment and are great.  We have 2 in our neighborhood that can’t be better.  
It’s the ones who don’t care about the area, people or anyone/anything except themselves Therein lies a problem especially with alcohol.  DUI’s and stupid accidents rise considerably during those months. 
There’s nothing that’ll scare you more than a car driving at you on a cart path.😱

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

If you’re talking about Caledonia Golf & Fish Club here in the Myrtle area … FYI, they’ve been having issues with the greens as of late.

Fantastic course, worth every penny, and it’s Top 100 ranking … but I’d look at its sister course, True Blue next door. 

For my money, there isn’t a better deal dollar for dollar than going down the street and playing Heritage.

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

                        :ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

 

                                    

          

                      

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

For my money, there isn’t a better deal dollar for dollar than going down the street and playing Heritage.

Don’t remember Heritage, probably after my time there.

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

True.  The problem lies in the attitudes especially last few years.  Snowbirds have homes here come down and care about neighbors and environment and are great.  We have 2 in our neighborhood that can’t be better.  
It’s the ones who don’t care about the area, people or anyone/anything except themselves Therein lies a problem especially with alcohol.  DUI’s and stupid accidents rise considerably during those months. 
There’s nothing that’ll scare you more than a car driving at you on a cart path.😱

And there's the issue, individuals. The snowbirds and tourists get lumped in together despite probably most of them actually being OK. It's the dickheads that people remember.

Considering where you are, I think it's more age than alcohol mate. My FIL is 77 and he scares the s*** out of me driving...and I raced cars for quite a few years at speeds that would make most people poop their pants. But when you're only half aware of your surroundings or just don't care because you're old, there's an issue.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MattF said:

And there's the issue, individuals. The snowbirds and tourists get lumped in together despite probably most of them actually being OK. It's the dickheads that people remember.

Considering where you are, I think it's more age than alcohol mate. My FIL is 77 and he scares the s*** out of me driving...and I raced cars for quite a few years at speeds that would make most people poop their pants. But when you're only half aware of your surroundings or just don't care because you're old, there's an issue.

Yup you made a great point.  When our Gkids are here 20, 18, 17 & 16 I NEVER let them drive a cart without me.  Not that I don’t trust them I don’t trust the Ole Farts.  
Not sure if it’s County or State Law by 14 is minimum Cart age to drive.  Good luck  with that, I know of Gparents who let 10-12 year olds drive in traffic without supervision.  
I can give you 50 stories but don’t want to bore you like the Granny driving at 2O+ mph towing Gson maybe 12 on a skateboard on a street.

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since this thread is about what you bought lately

Added Ping g425 9° with Aldila rogue white 70x

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Lol Bobby,

I was gunna post up on my new irons, and started ready the comments and had to double check to see if I was in the right catagory…

anyways, got my new p770/p790 combo set. Oh, and cool new iron covers.

Lots of pics and thoughts in the shiny metal section.

86CB61F4-CDFE-4A14-845F-332AF41BA217.jpeg.8fe3189f06b0badc13dd9874c33518f1.jpeg98D5786C-7EFC-4CF7-9EB5-13CB35EDE7A9.jpeg.21eb1de41676c36a9b9ee5ab321ddbb6.jpeg9EEC962D-7769-4424-A975-E72E09B1BD50.jpeg.5287a86ca3b8c7b11f4e9cc842ac468f.jpeg

 

Very nice!!

Right thread, went a bit sideways…..

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Lol Bobby,

I was gunna post up on my new irons, and started ready the comments and had to double check to see if I was in the right catagory…

anyways, got my new p770/p790 combo set. Oh, and cool new iron covers.

Lots of pics and thoughts in the shiny metal section.

86CB61F4-CDFE-4A14-845F-332AF41BA217.jpeg.8fe3189f06b0badc13dd9874c33518f1.jpeg98D5786C-7EFC-4CF7-9EB5-13CB35EDE7A9.jpeg.21eb1de41676c36a9b9ee5ab321ddbb6.jpeg9EEC962D-7769-4424-A975-E72E09B1BD50.jpeg.5287a86ca3b8c7b11f4e9cc842ac468f.jpeg

 

Nice sticks!

That said, “cool” and “iron covers” don’t really belong in the same sentence.  🤣🤣

(Sorry, but you had to know somebody was going to say it.)

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

            :taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Nice sticks!

That said, “cool” and “iron covers” don’t really belong in the same sentence.  🤣🤣

(Sorry, but you had to know somebody was going to say it.)

Bah, that’s old guy mentality… these are definately cool, bag chatter is so last century…

 

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)
 

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...