What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

2 hours ago, edingc said:

My L.A.B. DF is in! Picking it up tomorrow. Will be doing an unofficial review thread to cover the basics of my fitting and ordering experience, and to give me somewhere to post about it next season. (I might get it out on the course once before winter - it was snowing on me at the range today... 🥶)

My wife also officially saw how much I paid for it (I saved for a while, plus am selling some stuff), and was totally supportive. She did think it was a bit much to spend on a putter, but I don't think she realizes how bad of a putter I am... 

The DF is an awesome putter, can't wait to see your review.

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honmas arrived. More pics in my fitting thread

To follow up on one of my teases from the other day. PXG Proto X 9 degree Evenflow Blue 5.5  

Yesterday evening. Me: Hears 17yo daughter pick up package from front door. “What did we get?” 17yo:  I don’t know, I didn’t order anything. Me: Looks at wife and we simultaneously say

Posted Images

Titleist adapter???....

also... please scratch out your address so the people on Supernatural don’t make a house call.  😂😂

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Titleist adapter???....

also... please scratch out your address so the people on Supernatural don’t make a house call.  😂😂

TS2 is gonna break the PB...in theory

good call edit edit...

• Like 5

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

delivery man was busy today...
vintage blades came in. i’m gonna try to get to the range later with them 
SC futura showed up, along with the SC pistolero plus grip i’ll be putting on it. 
5D96B330-5C0E-42CE-A5A1-D417A0241364.jpeg.93e0117575318cdf37fdd36c81fcb863.jpeg
B02DE9F1-0D23-41EC-BD50-46F6FEF9AA7E.jpeg.29570ff5667cc3754d875c8176a04cfe.jpeg
A2BDB75C-3F2E-41A7-BF3A-F4DDE7623202.jpeg.ada5dcb47e87fc341c270622a4fd8f7b.jpeg
76D72EAE-1C80-42F9-87EB-90C81D58FFF3.jpeg.56a5e301f2e3eeb9553a13ad1b10a0b0.jpeg
55A45D9C-2223-4E91-BEE5-A9D06305B92A.jpeg.02c344de3b68c4c302f27246d3b863cc.jpeg
009EDF3D-B57A-4F99-AFEA-C29D84F6B929.jpeg.0a00e521c658e3ef37d1b8e3fa02dd95.jpeg
FB421F93-28E9-407E-926E-38A204034AB2.jpeg.5d3e704e664ade294d6fc3d33af56e5a.jpeg

I’m a huge fan of the pistolero grip’s shape. Figure the plus version would be great too!

I might have to order one to put on my ER2B... but I feel weird putting a Scotty grip on an Evnroll putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Just now, B.Boston said:

I’m a huge fan of the pistolero grip’s shape. Figure the plus version would be great too! emoji106.png

I might have to order one to put on my ER2B... but I feel weird putting a Scotty grip on an Evnroll putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i’m liking it a lot so far. feels really natural in my hands. but the scotty i bought is too long, i’ve gotta get it cut down about 2”. 

Damn, damn this thread! I did a thing and can’t wait to hit the sim and see some numbers! Driver is going places next year!

EF193207-1556-46DB-B701-B221D2345CEB.jpeg.e2b0e7cb67c47f37a2503afef37b35cc.jpeg

That’s what I want to get as well! Let me know if it’s worth it hahaha! I am debating between 60 or 70g.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Ping G410 Plus 9 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 set to the fade position (RH)

Ping G410 3 Wood 14.5 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 Handcrafted (RH)

Ping G410 3 Hybrid 19 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 (RH)

Titleist T200 Black 4 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx 1 degree upright (RH)

Titleist T100S Black 5-9 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx 1 degree upright (RH)

Titleist SM8 Jet Black 45F/9 bounce, 50F/8 bounce, 55S/11 bounce, 60S/10 bounce Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx 1 degree upright (RH)

2019 Bettinardi QB8 Midslant Limited Run with Stability Shaft (RH)

Srixon Z-Star 6

8 hours ago, PingMD702 said:

That’s what I want to get as well! Let me know if it’s worth it hahaha! I am debating between 60 or 70g.

I have it in my 3W there is a good thread talking about the shaft in the equipment section but the short and thick of it if you have a strong load you’ll love it. I really like and the best way I can explain it is I know where the club head is at all times. It has allowed me to swing really free for better or worse 😂 I hope I have the same results in the driver

• Like 5

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

50 minutes ago, djahubes said:

Heading for a titleist fitting in a couple hours. Someone please talk me out of buying the TSi3!!! Looking at you CG2

Nah, you should get it.  No talking you down from this one.  And you should get the matching 3, 5, and 7 woods. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
Nah, you should get it.  No talking you down from this one.  And you should get the matching 3, 5, and 7 woods.

Dammit shanks!! I’m set with my cobra SZ fairways. They are awesome, but the driver is always at risk!!!

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, djahubes said:

Dammit shanks!! I’m set with my cobra SZ fairways. They are awesome, but the driver is always at risk!!!

Nah, you aren’t set.  Haha.  Either way, report back and let us know how it performs, and sounds.  🙃

• Like 4
On 10/15/2020 at 5:15 PM, chisag said:

... I was a little surprised that my fitter says he has more clients that need more spin the those he fits that need less spin. And not only driver, but irons as well. 

Agreed. It’s all too common hearing someone tell our DOI or even post on here, “I hit the ball to high” when in fact most don’t hit it high enough.  

You are correct, spin can be our friend   Now i could stand to hit it a bit higher as well with driver and irons to an extent as well.  But i would think at a 88-90 mph swing 2600-2700 spin and 16 launch would be good for me. But i tend to creep over 3,000.  However some changes in my swing path are helping with that.

I’m looking forward to my Titleist Thursday fitting this week, for the TSi Testing  

• Like 8

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

2 hours ago, djahubes said:

Heading for a titleist fitting in a couple hours. Someone please talk me out of buying the TSi3!!! Looking at you CG2

No can do.  There will be plenty of room fir you to add your thoughts in the official review thread.  Im just jealous you’re getting your fitting several days before mine 😃

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Nah, you should get it.  No talking you down from this one.  And you should get the matching 3, 5, and 7 woods. 😁

I like the way this man thinks!

• Like 5

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Agreed. It’s all too common hearing someone tell our DOI or even post on here, “I hit the ball to high” when in fact most don’t hit it high enough.  

You are correct, spin can be our friend   Now i could stand to hit it a bit higher as well with driver and irons to an extent as well.  But i would think at a 88-90 mph swing 2600-2700 spin and 16 launch would be good for me. But i tend to creep over 3,000.  However some changes in my swing path are helping with that.
I’m looking forward to my Titleist Thursday fitting this week, for the TSi Testing  

Huh, the 88-90, 16’ launch and 2600-2700 spin is almost exactly what I had the last time I was on a LM.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

55 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

49 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

No can do.  There will be plenty of room fir you to add your thoughts in the official review thread.  Im just jealous you’re getting your fitting several days before mine 😃

I like the way this man thinks!

If I can figure out how to get my spin up to around 2500 consistently, life would be great.

No comment on how low my spin was last time I was on Trackman 🤣 (not low in a good way). My swing has improved since then though, no more snappers, so I am sure my spin has increased some.

• Like 3

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

... Obviously the Pros have higher swing speeds but if most golfers saw just how high they hit the ball on tour, they would be pretty amazed. I talked about playing with the longest hitter I ever saw routinely driving the ball 350-375 and his trajectory was so high I would lose the ball in flight. Unless you are producing excessive spin and a ballooning flight, it is almost impossible to hit the ball "too high". (those that live in consistent insanely windy locations are the exception) 

• Like 6

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Obviously the Pros have higher swing speeds but if most golfers saw just how high they hit the ball on tour, they would be pretty amazed. I talked about playing with the longest hitter I ever saw routinely driving the ball 350-375 and his trajectory was so high I would lose the all in flight. Unless you are producing excessive spin and a ballooning flight, it is almost impossible to hit the ball "too high". (those that live in consistent insanely windy locations are the exception) 

I think Bryson is hitting his big drives these days with about a 150 foot apex. Does that sound about right?

• Like 1

Updated 10/6/2020