What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Get in on the WITB thread and show it all off! Very nice

Well done [emoji106]

Interested in how you feel about the G410 driver after a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Not strictly bought yet.... but I can see it happening after my fitting tonight (anything new and shiny does thr trick it seems) - a new TSi Driver and 3 wood. 🤣

• Like 1

Driver::titelist-small: TS2 (GD AD Tour)

Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 3 Wood

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 (Dynamic Gold)

Irons: :titelist-small: T100 5 - 9i (KBS C-Taper 130g x-stiff)

Wedges::vokey-small: SM7 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas with StrokeLab shaft/ :bettinardi-1: 2021 SS28 Armlock

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5X

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Does winning disqualify it from posting here? 

Well, it don't matter, here is the Honma TR21 4 wood that I won in the Instagram giveaway. 

20201019_085152.jpg

20201019_085201.jpg

20201019_085201.jpg

20201019_085152.jpg

20201019_085148.jpg

20201019_085216.jpg

20201019_085234.jpg

20201019_085243.jpg

20201019_085250.jpg

20201019_085409.jpg

20201019_085417.jpg

20201019_085439.jpg

Nice!  Let us know when you've hit it, I'm betting you're going to really like that shaft.

How do you feel about the clean crown/no alignment aid?

• Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Picked up a new Callaway Epic Flash 21º 4H with Mitsubishi Tensei Silver shaft for $113.  

Now I need to find out how I like it and where it fits in my locker of hybrids. 

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

A few side by side pics with the TS2 3 wood that is going against for a spot in the bag. 

20201019_162459.jpg

20201019_162549.jpg

20201019_162621.jpg

20201019_162645.jpg

20201019_162745.jpg

• Like 6

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

thinking on buying Maltby Glider Wedge 1.62 in 60degree with a with True Temper Score Golf Shafts and Lamkin Crossline Ace Grips.  Would like graphite to match my other clubs.  

glider 1.62.jpg

• Like 6

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I'm putting an end to my "mallet experiment." I've been trying to get comfortable with an Evnroll 5.0 putter for about a month or so on the practice greens, but it just wasn't for me. I never got used to the look, the grip felt huge, and I struggled with distance control (always feeling like I had to work too hard to get it to the hole).

I went back to my comfort zone today, trading the Evnroll in under the PGASS playability for a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0. I just feel more comfortable with a blade. I thought the extra  forgiveness a mallet might bring would help me, but I'm now 0-2 with them (I also gave a Cameron something or other neon monstrosity a brief try earlier this summer).

Putting is the best part of my game, and I have to stop messing around trying to fix what isn't broken. The Newport 2.0 putters have always been my favorite, and I'm hoping to ride this one for a long time.

I have two other putters I can't ever imagine getting rid of, the Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide (phenomenal putter) is plenty stable for when I want something different to mix it up, and my custom built Yes! Tracy has a permanent spot in my second bag I keep up on Long Island. Notice the trend? All 3 are variations of the Anser style putters... why do my eyes always wander? 🙄

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max 9* Cypher

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* Cypher

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* & 21* Kuro Kage

PXG 0311 Gen3 XP 5-AW MMT

:titelist-small: SM8 52F & 58D DG S200

:ping-small: Kushion 4.0 34”

Also in rotation :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18*, :titelist-small:TSi2 24*, :scotty-small: Newport 2.0

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+Black stand bag

39 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I'm putting an end to my "mallet experiment." I've been trying to get comfortable with an Evnroll 5.0 putter for about a month or so on the practice greens, but it just wasn't for me. I never got used to the look, the grip felt huge, and I struggled with distance control (always feeling like I had to work too hard to get it to the hole).

I went back to my comfort zone today, trading the Evnroll in under the PGASS playability for a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0. I just feel more comfortable with a blade. I thought the extra  forgiveness a mallet might bring would help me, but I'm now 0-2 with them (I also gave a Cameron something or other neon monstrosity a brief try earlier this summer).

Putting is the best part of my game, and I have to stop messing around trying to fix what isn't broken. The Newport 2.0 putters have always been my favorite, and I'm hoping to ride this one for a long time.

I have two other putters I can't ever imagine getting rid of, the Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide (phenomenal putter) is plenty stable for when I want something different to mix it up, and my custom built Yes! Tracy has a permanent spot in my second bag I keep up on Long Island. Notice the trend? All 3 are variations of the Anser style putters... why do my eyes always wander? 🙄

Evnrolls are slower off the center of the face due to the groove technology so that the speed off the face on all portions of the face are about equal

• Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Evnrolls are slower off the center of the face due to the groove technology so that the speed off the face on all portions of the face are about equal

I'm not trying to be a wise acre here, but isn't the idea supposed to be find the "true" sweet spot on a putter (ie. where it most resists twisting) and then try to hit the ball there? I get what you're saying, I just think it's a bit unnecessary. Do we really need it to feel the same over the entire face?

I've always had an affinity for the older Rife putters, in fact the original two bar might have been my favorite putter ever. I can't tell you how much I regret ever selling it. I don't mean to bash the ER5 here, it just didn't work for me. 

C'est la vie...

• Like 2

Also in rotation :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18*, :titelist-small:TSi2 24*, :scotty-small: Newport 2.0

I have two other putters I can't ever imagine getting rid of, the Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide (phenomenal putter) is plenty stable for when I want something different to mix it up, and my custom built Yes! Tracy has a permanent spot in my second bag I keep up on Long Island. Notice the trend? All 3 are variations of the Anser style putters... why do my eyes always wander? [emoji849]

You could have a case of “putteritis”. It’s very catchy and hurts mostly your checkbook.
No known cure, I’ve been looking for a cure for years, actually decades![emoji12]

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

3 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I'm not trying to be a wise acre here, but isn't the idea supposed to be find the "true" sweet spot on a putter (ie. where it most resists twisting) and then try to hit the ball there? I get what you're saying, I just think it's a bit unnecessary. Do we really need it to feel the same over the entire face?

I've always had an affinity for the older Rife putters, in fact the original two bar might have been my favorite putter ever. I can't tell you how much I regret ever selling it. I don't mean to bash the ER5 here, it just didn't work for me. 

C'est la vie...

Definitely get what you are saying. I had an Evnroll too and thought it was slower off the face than any other putter. 

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

You could have a case of “putteritis”. It’s very catchy and hurts mostly your checkbook.
No known cure, I’ve been looking for a cure for years, actually decades!emoji12.png

Just be thankful you and I are lefties, my friend.

Could you imagine if we had the options the right handers do?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/17/2020 at 8:14 AM, djahubes said:

It’s ridiculous. Hands down the best I’ve ever hit and I wasn’t swing all that fast. Average 97mph SS

Launching average 12, spin 2500, carry 245 total 272

Biggest surprise, smash factor was consistently 1.52. NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE.

The lowest I saw was 1.47

This is going to be a great test!!!

Careful with smash factor. Obviously you saw improvement so the point is moot, but OEM's are tricking LM's with shapes and colors to increase smash. Ping doesn't even display it anymore. 

• Like 3

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Just be thankful you and I are lefties, my friend.
Could you imagine if we had the options the right handers do?

Isn’t that the truth!! I was in a Golf Shop Monday and hardly anything Lefty, I got out of there empty handed[emoji16]

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Isn’t that the truth!! I was in a Golf Shop Monday and hardly anything Lefty, I got out of there empty handedemoji16.png

Yep.

I was in the Myrtle Beach PGASS today, and I'm not exaggerating when I say they didn't have 100 LH clubs in the entire store, That includes drivers, FWs hybrids, wedges and putters, which is amazing for a store that size.

Tons of right handed stuff though.

I wanted to try the Titleist TS2 and the Ping 410 hybrids. The salesman told me Titleist stopped taking custom orders on the TS2 line yesterday, and I wouldn't get the Ping until after Christmas if I liked it.

He said I'd be better off just waiting until the new stuff starts coming out next year.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 1

Careful with smash factor. Obviously you saw improvement so the point is moot, but OEM's are tricking LM's with shapes and colors to increase smash. Ping doesn't even display it anymore. 

Maybe, but it was side by side with my Maverick SZ and ball speed, smash, carry all were improved. Also outside on a range hitting prov 1x and I saw it first hand. Heading to club champion tomorrow for a refit to confirm, but this thing is a beast

• Like 2

1 minute ago, djahubes said:

Maybe, but it was side by side with my Maverick SZ and ball speed, smash, carry all were improved. Also outside on a range hitting prov 1x and I saw it first hand. Heading to club champion tomorrow for a refit to confirm, but this thing is a beast

That I don't deny, just a PSA to not place emphasis or decision on an improved smash. 

• Like 3

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Yep.
I was in the Myrtle Beach PGASS today, and I'm not exaggerating when I say they didn't have 100 LH clubs in the entire store, That includes drivers, FWs hybrids, wedges and putters, which is amazing for a store that size.
Tons of right handed stuff though.
I wanted to try the Titleist TS2 and the Ping 410 hybrids. The salesman told me Titleist stopped taking custom orders on the TS2 line yesterday, and I wouldn't get the Ping until after Christmas if I liked it.
He said I'd be better off just waiting until the new stuff starts coming out next year.

I heard similar stories.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead