Jump to content

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

47 minutes ago, yungkory said:

To my knowledge, LMs use the ball speed to estimate smash, with GCQuad being an exception because it can actually track clubhead speed? So ball speed is the input, smash is estimated or assumed based on the club you tell the LM you're hitting, and therefore it can calculate what your SS "should be". So for example, this guy hit his driver and ball speed was 150, smash is preset at 1.45, therefore swing speed was calculated at 103ish. It's one of the issues I have with my local pro shops because they use a fixed smash on their GC4 (I don't even know if they pay for the extra cameras to make it a quad) and trick people into distance gains.

Maybe trackman can also measure CHS because it's further behind the player, and also a more advanced radar? Not sure how that doppler tech works

Trackman should have no issue tracking club speed, but if if I recall correctly there is a calculation done to estimate the true club speed at center of face.

Ball speed is king, regardless.

  • Like 4

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.4 (Last Updated Nov. 10, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff
22° Hybrid:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING F8, 38.5", Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff
5-GW:  
maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honmas arrived. More pics in my fitting thread

To follow up on one of my teases from the other day. PXG Proto X 9 degree Evenflow Blue 5.5  

My Cobra F9 5 wood showed up today while I was at work. I haven't had a chance to hit it, yet, but I can't wait to get it to the range and the course. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’ve been suspect of some of the results I’ve been given by LM’s in Golf Shops.

I've read there's a setting to juice them up like +5% to exaggerate distance (and therefore to help promote sales).

  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Link to post
Share on other sites
I've read there's a setting to juice them up like +5% to exaggerate distance (and therefore to help promote sales).
They change anything they want. I got on the golf galaxy monitors by me and the 7i was going 30 yards further than in real life.

Take Dead Aim

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

They change anything they want. I got on the golf galaxy monitors by me and the 7i was going 30 yards further than in real life.

 

... I wish I could at least get a little ego boost at a fitting but the irony for me is I am the exact opposite.  My yardage off matts indoors with a LM is much shorter than on the course. I simply cannot hit off matts and into a screen anything like I do when playing real golf. Had the same problem as a QB at practice where I was not as accurate as I was in games. 🤪

  • Like 7

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I’ll quote your post of the many on this topic, as you correctly quoted one of the smartest engineers in the business Marty Jertson of PING. 
 

Everyone should read this article.  So much info in there that i bet none of us knew. 
 

The part about measuring club head speed by launch monitors was startling to me

Beware of Smash Factor

Thanks for sharing. Sports in general is so data driven that sometimes the stats are almost too much info without knowing all of the factors. Will have have to look into more of this stuff now that we're in a post Bryson world. 👍

  • Like 2

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Crowev01 said:

Thanks for sharing. Sports in general is so data driven that sometimes the stats are almost too much info without knowing all of the factors. Will have have to look into more of this stuff now that we're in a post Bryson world. 👍

 

... Especially golf! Started off a few weeks ago with 8 one putts in 9 holes. Putter was obviously on fire? Not really, as I missed quite a few greens and chipped to a tap in. 2 birdies, 6 pars and one bogie after hitting an iron in the water, dropping and chipping to another tap in, so 10 putts was not as impressive as the numbers would have you think.

... GIR's can be equally misleading. If there is a front pin with slope back to front with a mound, I don't mind coming up short and often do exactly that on purpose for a missed GIR but a much better shot than 20 feet past the hole in the middle of the green for a GIR that can result in a bogie. Fairways hit can be a useless stat too when you bomb a drive into light rough as opposed to missing a fairway with a long iron/hybrid ending up in a bunker or behind a tree. The missed fairway with the bombed drive results in a birdie but the missed fairway with the iron results in a bogie. Lastly I hit a 330 yd drive last week when I have not sniffed 300 in quite a few years but a 35 mph wind with gusts to 45 made a straight downwind tee shot a memorable one, while another drive hit equally well on the hole before not was bombed all of 205 with the wind directly into my tee shot. 

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... Especially golf! Started off a few weeks ago with 8 one putts in 9 holes. Putter was obviously on fire? Not really, as I missed quite a few greens and chipped to a tap in. 2 birdies, 6 pars and one bogie after hitting an iron in the water, dropping and chipping to another tap in, so 10 putts was not as impressive as the numbers would have you think.

... GIR's can be equally misleading. If there is a front pin with slope back to front with a mound, I don't mind coming up short and often do exactly that on purpose for a missed GIR but a much better shot than 20 feet past the hole in the middle of the green for a GIR that can result in a bogie. Fairways hit can be a useless stat too when you bomb a drive into light rough as opposed to missing a fairway with a long iron/hybrid ending up in a bunker or behind a tree. The missed fairway with the bombed drive results in a birdie but the missed fairway with the iron results in a bogie. Lastly I hit a 330 yd drive last week when I have not sniffed 300 in quite a few years but a 35 mph wind with gusts to 45 made a straight downwind tee shot a memorable one, while another drive hit equally well on the hole before not was bombed all of 205 with the wind directly into my tee shot. 

 

Agree with all that. 

And i think you can add sand save %. I mean a guy could hit totally average bunker shots and drain 10 to 15 footers. Is he a great sand player or better puttter 🤔

  • Like 4

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I’ll quote your post of the many on this topic, as you correctly quoted one of the smartest engineers in the business Marty Jertson of PING. 
 

Everyone should read this article.  So much info in there that i bet none of us knew. 
 

The part about measuring club head speed by launch monitors was startling to me

Beware of Smash Factor

Just watching a few TXG comparison videos and they were mentioning how they were seeing that a driver head was being red a bit faster on average than another consistently both in testing and other fittings. So for them the real test of performance was ball speed. That's the constant, it's the same size and shaped everytime should be more consistent therefore. Smash is nice but yes can be very flawed.

  • Like 6

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

Link to post
Share on other sites
For the classic bag...
 
IMG_20200903_202336752.jpg.0037a1fef90582600d3b99bc4f7d0744.jpg
IMG_20200903_202319422.jpg.e18a88bf7d4895f883b7f48192441252.jpg

I’ve been meaning to get one of those for my classic bag too. I’ve been putting so well with a face balanced mallet in my modern bag I’d like to put one in the classic bag too.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

WITB:

Louisville Smart Persimmon Driver

Louisville Niblick Persimmon 3 & 5 woods

Hogan UIHI 4-iron*

Hogan PTx Pro 5-7*

Hogan Icon 8-PW*

KZG 51 gap wedge

KZG 56 sand wedge

Rife Legend Z Putter

 

*denotes clubs being tested

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, deejaid said:


I’ve been meaning to get one of those for my classic bag too. I’ve been putting so well with a face balanced mallet in my modern bag I’d like to put one in the classic bag too.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I finally took it out on the course the other night, and it wasn't bad.  But having putted with a putter with an insert for 15 years (Ping Craz-e G2i), the Zebra is much livelier.  But moving from a modern (?) face-balanced mallet to the Zebra was a pretty easy switch.

  • Like 5

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up a mint set of Wilson V6's 3-GW a couple of weeks ago. Can't tell you how impressed I am with them. First time in 15 years I've carried a 3 and 4 iron that I can hit.

  • Like 7

Titleist TS2 , Titleist 917 3 wood , Titleist 818 H2 hybrid 19, Wilson V6 3-GW , Ping Glide 58ES , Bettinardi Queen B

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with this set up instead.  Should get delivery this week.

Annotation 2020-10-26 092127.jpg

  • Like 5

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

 :cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

                        

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 4:48 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Agree with all that. 

And i think you can add sand save %. I mean a guy could hit totally average bunker shots and drain 10 to 15 footers. Is he a great sand player or better puttter 🤔

That's me!  I'm both.  😉

  • Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MattF said:

$198 for 2 years of free golf.

Is there one emoji to use for for astonished shocked complete disbelief incredible jealousy ..? (..while calculating total cost of relocating to MattF neighborhood...)

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 10:55 AM, cksurfdude said:

Huh... Thought smash was a calculated result using swing speed and ball speed was inputs?

It is but measuring CHS is not as easy as it sounds. 

  • Like 3

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Is there one emoji to use for for astonished shocked complete disbelief incredible jealousy ..? (..while calculating total cost of relocating to MattF neighborhood...)

I think we need to find out from Matt his secret.  

  • Haha 3

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

 :cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

                        

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...