Jump to content

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

do you ever spin the clubs around like it shows in the video?

it looks like the grips snap into place at the bottom; any issue with grip size? thinking about something like a superstroke putter grip.

I really like the idea of this. Years ago I actually bought an insert on eBay from an Aus co. that had slots.

 

... The originals had a putter well, but not suited to over size grips and when they stopped including one I was not happy about tit, I am so glad to hear the 2021 version has one that accommodates big grips. I have always used a skinny type pistol grip so it isn't something I would ever use.

... I rarely spin the top when using my Zip remote cart but use it all the time in a riding cart. One of the design flaws is the top slot that holds the club in place rarely works for very long and the top of the shaft just pops back out. But the bottom does lock the grip into place so the club doesn't move around. One downside is you can't use leather grips with a end cap as the locking device in the bottom of the bag will destroy the end cap. 

  • Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honmas arrived. More pics in my fitting thread

Well there goes my Golf Galaxy gift cards and rewards certificate. After which this putter cost me $18  

Posted Images

Picked up the Divot Board that Adam Young was promoting on black Friday which included a 6 month subscription to Next Level Golf. Adam sent me a note afterwards to confirm the subscription and gave me a bit of guidance reviewing the material and what areas he thought were most important which I thought was cool. 

  • Like 7

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G410 4-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMart519 said:

Picked up the Divot Board that Adam Young was promoting on black Friday which included a 6 month subscription to Next Level Golf. Adam sent me a note afterwards to confirm the subscription and gave me a bit of guidance reviewing the material and what areas he thought were most important which I thought was cool. 

I am curious on the board. How loud is it when struck? Could be useful for swings in the house. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 63. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse...
(..there I said it!)

Earlier in the season I'd figured I needed a little more "help" with my wedge game so picked up a new CBX2 54*. I'd already replaced the Hogan Equalizer gap wedge when I got the PXG 0211 set; and then also swapped out the Equalizer 58 for an old Callaway Jaws 60* sitting around figuring it would help me get out of deep bunkers .. and the decided to grab a prior gen CBX 60 on sale...

Well...

Not so sure I'm loving the CBXs... May put the standard wedge 54 and 58 back in the bag and maybe play 2 balls side-by-side a few rounds.....

  • Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought this last week, but just came today. Stick Mobility sticks. Different than just a PVC stick, they are flexible. Feels really good doing the mobility movements with these things.

IMG_7712.jpg.b3451e38ae01c9f77a479261b5673adc.jpg

  • Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

slowly starting to put together a bag for my house in florida. trying to do it by bargain hunting on offer up, craigslist, and the WRX classifieds

got this G400 with HZRDUS black handcrafted shaft for $175

DC27538E-DBD2-4180-9D7B-ECCB76DE63A1.jpeg.4ab9f32a398d7e3cf51d34763b644a5e.jpegF20E7950-9399-44DC-BAEA-52363E7D5DAA.jpeg.cd94aab28cd645c8365667bf7652ae01.jpegDA76555E-2442-4B6D-83AC-847D10E14172.jpeg.97198536f16a578b1ceabda560acdfbb.jpeg

also picked this cobra 3w with GD XC 7X shaft up from a forum member for a great deal 

B43EB144-9895-4633-B742-9EAC2C9574C3.jpeg.d4bad4d7bae4a4281b5d0f8cbc3106a5.jpeg3320FD5A-9938-41CB-A390-E8E643CFEB6A.jpeg.00661c2ac6a9004f8ffc9d330e3c529a.jpeg951DEA31-1C86-4FA5-A7A9-B263561D5CF2.jpeg.ecce1afe9df1fa88cdfd128d8b008447.jpeg

  • Like 7

:taylormade-small: SIM 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

I think I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse...
(..there I said it!)

Earlier in the season I'd figured I needed a little more "help" with my wedge game so picked up a new CBX2 54*. I'd already replaced the Hogan Equalizer gap wedge when I got the PXG 0211 set; and then also swapped out the Equalizer 58 for an old Callaway Jaws 60* sitting around figuring it would help me get out of deep bunkers .. and the decided to grab a prior gen CBX 60 on sale...

Well...

Not so sure I'm loving the CBXs... May put the standard wedge 54 and 58 back in the bag and maybe play 2 balls side-by-side a few rounds.....

I understand completely. I went from MD3 wedges to CBX's, probably for the same reason you did... forgiveness.

Well it turned out I didn't notice any additional forgiveness, which would have been okay if I felt comfortable with them in all other areas. They were just wrong for me in too many ways, however. The shaft length of the 52* was as long as most PW's, and the heads looked too big to my eye. I also felt uncomfortable trying to open them up in a bunker.

Don't get me wrong, the CBX wedges are very good. They work well for a lot of players, I just like the look of a blade style wedge, it just feels like a more versatile club to me.

EDIT

BTW, I recently switched from a big, thick iron head (Rogue X) to the same PXG 0211 irons you also play. I bought the CBX to go with the Rouge X irons, and they felt big compared to those, they would've looked even bigger now next to the 0211's..

I don't know what irons you played before the PXG's, but the visual transition from your 0211 GW to the CBX has to be a tough one. 

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 2

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Hazardous Smoke i-10

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage

Hybrids  :titelist-small:  TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

              :ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB

              :callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Picked up Baby Brother to go alongside Big Brother.   Man does this thing look great.   Sets up beautifully.   
 

Also i know I’m about a decade late to this party, but I’vw become a GD fan boy, I have 2 now and a 3rd one on the way.   Then of course there was Tony’s blog this morning on the new HD 😮

 

8ECB0441-5547-4191-89CB-4E7B7FAF5DBE.jpeg

76C4E267-BC12-4844-B9E9-6554B7A912AD.jpeg

3E3A4374-B761-476A-8D5F-66BEB94520A7.jpeg

6902B60A-14A7-4248-B2BA-DD9CF02BB7DD.jpeg

Enjoy!!! Nothing looks better than a Titleist wood... they just scream "class".

I just picked up some Cobra hybrids on the cheap, but what I really want is a set of 3 Titleist hybrids. They're soooo expensive though, I'm going to wait until I can get properly fitted for them. My hybrids are a crucial part of my bag (they're the clubs I hit best) and because the Titleist's are so expensive, I want to make sure everything is just right. 

  • Like 4

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Hazardous Smoke i-10

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage

Hybrids  :titelist-small:  TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

              :ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB

              :callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just took advantage of the 20% off sale on the taylormade my spiderx. Merry Xmas to me

  • Like 7

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12°

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 21.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Just took advantage of the 20% off sale on the taylormade my spiderx. Merry Xmas to me

Wait a minute...  you putt very well with your Evnroll.  😲

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Enjoy!!! Nothing looks better than a Titleist wood... they just scream "class".

I just picked up some Cobra hybrids on the cheap, but what I really want is a set of 3 Titleist hybrids. They're soooo expensive though, I'm going to wait until I can get properly fitted for them. My hybrids are a crucial part of my bag (they're the clubs I hit best) and because the Titleist's are so expensive, I want to make sure everything is just right. 

I'm waiting too; have to make a trip to Portland when C-19 restrictions ease a little bit.

  • Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I don't know what irons you played before the PXG's, but the visual transition from your 0211 GW to the CBX has to be a tough one. 

Thanks for the feedback on the CBXs!

Before the 0211s I had a set of Apex CF16s - switched to get a little more GI type iron but still with some feel. And that was an easy transition (plus lessons have helped!).

So I thought I'd make a parallel move with the wedges.

Yeah the CBXs are a bit chunky compared to traditional wedges but that doesn't really bother me (I don't think?) ... I'm primarily looking for the right tool for me for each slot in the bag...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Thanks for the feedback on the CBXs!

Before the 0211s I had a set of Apex CF16s - switched to get a little more GI type iron but still with some feel. And that was an easy transition (plus lessons have helped!).

So I thought I'd make a parallel move with the wedges.

Yeah the CBXs are a bit chunky compared to traditional wedges but that doesn't really bother me (I don't think?) ... I'm primarily looking for the right tool for me for each slot in the bag...

I had the CF16's (loved them) then hit my friends Rogue X 7 iron. It went 15 yards longer than the CF16, and that was that, lol.

When I ordered the PXG's, I knew they wouldn't be as long, but I'm hoping for more accuracy (so far so good). I did have my lofts strengthened though. 1* in my 5&6, and 2* in the 7-GW.

My set goes 23*-48* instead of 24*-50* I don't know how much difference that actually makes, but I'm glad I did it. These irons go plenty high with the MMT shafts, even with the stronger lofts.  

  • Like 2

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Hazardous Smoke i-10

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage

Hybrids  :titelist-small:  TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

              :ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB

              :callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Picked up Baby Brother to go alongside Big Brother.   Man does this thing look great.   Sets up beautifully.   
 

Also i know I’m about a decade late to this party, but I’vw become a GD fan boy, I have 2 now and a 3rd one on the way.   Then of course there was Tony’s blog this morning on the new HD 😮

 

8ECB0441-5547-4191-89CB-4E7B7FAF5DBE.jpeg

76C4E267-BC12-4844-B9E9-6554B7A912AD.jpeg

3E3A4374-B761-476A-8D5F-66BEB94520A7.jpeg

6902B60A-14A7-4248-B2BA-DD9CF02BB7DD.jpeg

Took my 3 and 5-woods out yesterday for the first time, really like them!

 

  • Like 7

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, yungkory said:

Took my 3 and 5-woods out yesterday for the first time, really like them!

 

We are cold, windy and wet today.  But if it brightens up a bit, I may get out this afternoon for a hole or two just to try it out

  • Like 8

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Definitely let us—well at least me—knkw how it goes with that after a few rounds.  I’m considering giving Arccos a 2nd chance in trying the Link.  

Recorded all but 1 stroke on my round yesterday: missed a 56 degree approach after I had entered a penalty stroke for hitting my tee shot into a river. Still records the occasional practice putting stroke, but I was impressed overall...


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

 

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Wait a minute...  you putt very well with your Evnroll.  😲

it has been betraying me the last 2 months. I've putted like a donkey, so I decided to give it some competition. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12°

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 21.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Micah T said:


Recorded all but 1 stroke on my round yesterday: missed a 56 degree approach after I had entered a penalty stroke for hitting my tee shot into a river. Still records the occasional practice putting stroke, but I was impressed overall...


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sweet. Just got mine so next time out ill report too. I do have three more bad sensors and still waiting on Arccos to get back to me. Put my total of bad sensors at 5 since I got it from the BST in October 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 63. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...