Jump to content

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)


hckymeyer

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, juspoole said:

Been on a bit of a spree lately - ordered another 3 Rhoback Quarter Zips after wearing the first one so damn much.  The material and fit are awesome.  Also, after a little back and forth, finally found out that the print and solid ones are the soft material that I like.  Ordered a few of the stripe and they are more of a cotton feel that was not as nice in my opinion.

Also, bought everything needed to have the full simulator set up. 

Skytrak

Net Return Home Series Net

Net Return Home Series Screen

Projector

Country Club Elite 5 x 3 Mat

Rhoback is one of my favorite brands right now. Contacted customer service twice and they were great each time. The quarter zips felt a little on the bigger side to me (actually considered trying a Small, which is a size i haven't worn since middle school), and there's something about the sleeve cuffs that looks slightly odd to me, but that hasn't stopped me from picking up a few different colors. Their polos are great too, and the hoodie they released recently is my new favorite piece of clothing - I made the mistake of sizing up, as I always do with hoodies, but it fits very similar to the QZs (that was one of the customer service interactions). 

The free koozie was always a nice touch - looks like they might have replaced that with stickers though. 

  • Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic TP 85 X Flex

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-PW with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 Black 54* and Chrome 60* w/Accra SPI Tour

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho, so there are now 4(!!) in the rotation. Main gamer: L.A.B. Golf Mezz XL 36" Orange. When feeling off, also rotate between :EVNROLL: ER11V ("Murdered Out" Black edition),  :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion and a Toulon Madison 

Yes...that's too many. Lately I've been swapping in/out the 3-wood and 50* wedge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I just received my clubs from the club builder with my newly installed BB&FCo ferrules. They look fantastic. They may not improve my game but at least after a bad shot I can look at them and feel good. 😂😂

8751D57A-AA38-48B3-BD82-4D63BEFE552D.jpeg

Those are sharp very nice, good choice 

  • Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I "bought my kid" a Mevo for Christmas.  I finally got it out on the range yesterday for our maiden voyage together.  I think I'm going to like this.  Hoping I can use it to help me lower my launch angle a bit before our "playable weather" arrives.

It's definitely brutally honest with the distance, too.  Not sure if that's good or bad because I won't be able to inflate my ego anymore.  Haha...

  • Like 9

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0, 60g @ 45"

TM V-Steel 5wd w/ Aldila Rogue Max 85x (holding down the fort until I can acquire a new fairway wood)

Srixon Z765 irons w/ PX LZ 6.0 (holding down the fort until I can get new irons)

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Epic Speed 4wd or SIM2 Max 3HL

Callaway UT

Srixon irons (some combination of ZX5, ZX7, and forged) likely with Aerotech i95 or i110 stiff shafts

Either RTX Zipcore or CBX2 wedge(s)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2021 at 1:22 PM, tehuti said:

Can’t wait to hit this:

 

680827D3-B74B-4CAC-BF40-877F981F0D19.jpeg

Looks nice! Let us all know what you think after it does get a chance to get out.

I see you have an HL4 iron-wood .. I'd tried, and sorta liked but them sorta dumped, two I'd tested. Was taking a look at the new E521 i-w...
("club ho"? what is a "club ho"? 😂}

  • Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks nice! Let us all know what you think after it does get a chance to get out.
I see you have an HL4 iron-wood .. I'd tried, and sorta liked but them sorta dumped, two I'd tested. Was taking a look at the new E521 i-w...
("club ho"? what is a "club ho"? }

Today I finally got to swing the E521 hybrid for the first time. I only used it on 3 holes and I went out cold, no warmup. I am a naturally short hitter and my first two attempts came up short, but the 3rd was pin high. The good news is, it seems really easy to hit and I hit the ball straight with it. It is very light though, and shorter than I thought it would be.

Beautiful club. Even with the weird white shaft. The sock headcover is nice.

As for the HL4 ironwoods, I only had those because I could not hit hybrids. Now that I have hybrids I can hit, the 5 has been replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_0075.thumb.jpg.51a747ee26a80742214a429d8338e3a2.jpg it
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

 PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

:srixon-small: Z355 22° 7 wood w/Miyazaki Jinsoku shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:cleveland-small:  Huntington Beach Soft Premier 10.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Srixon head that I bought on eBay wasn’t as nice as the pictures, so, on the recommendation on my shaft guy, I bought a Titleist 905r last night on eBay to use instead. The head is pristine! The owner of Xphlexxx told me that the 905r was one of the most STABLE heads one could get because of the 2” bore through depth of the shaft. He says when a shaft goes that deep, it keeps the head super steady, resisting twisting. So he’s now going to load this one up to 210-215g on the XXX Busa shaft, and have it play 45”. Going to be a fun experiment!!!!!

E1813253-5C4E-4FD6-B1C9-3E6BC13FABC6.jpeg

  • Like 9

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, PMookie said:

The Srixon head that I bought on eBay wasn’t as nice as the pictures, so, on the recommendation on my shaft guy, I bought a Titleist 905r last night on eBay to use instead. The head is pristine! The owner of Xphlexxx told me that the 905r was one of the most STABLE heads one could get because of the 2” bore through depth of the shaft. He says when a shaft goes that deep, it keeps the head super steady, resisting twisting. So he’s now going to load this one up to 210-215g on the XXX Busa shaft, and have it play 45”. Going to be a fun experiment!!!!!

E1813253-5C4E-4FD6-B1C9-3E6BC13FABC6.jpeg

Have fun with that one, it's beautiful. Almost looks like it's new old stock it's so pristine. I've never hit one of the older Titleist drivers, but have thought about trying to find one to match the era of my Hogan's. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Have fun with that one, it's beautiful. Almost looks like it's new old stock it's so pristine. I've never hit one of the older Titleist drivers, but have thought about trying to find one to match the era of my Hogan's. 

I played this years ago. It’s a great head! Very forgiving, solid driver.

  • Like 3

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PMookie said:

The Srixon head that I bought on eBay wasn’t as nice as the pictures, so, on the recommendation on my shaft guy, I bought a Titleist 905r last night on eBay to use instead. The head is pristine! The owner of Xphlexxx told me that the 905r was one of the most STABLE heads one could get because of the 2” bore through depth of the shaft. He says when a shaft goes that deep, it keeps the head super steady, resisting twisting. So he’s now going to load this one up to 210-215g on the XXX Busa shaft, and have it play 45”. Going to be a fun experiment!!!!!

 

... I don't wanna burst your happy bubble PMookie, but the bore thru adds no more stability, just trouble installing shafts. If it did, everyone would still be making a bore through head. 🤪  The "hot set up" on tour was to go up one flex and only install 1.5" which took out the guessing of how weak a shaft to go a full 3" in bore thru depth. You could not just pick a shaft and install it, especially with any kind of active tip shaft. The YS6 and YS7 were very popular shafts in the 905r, which is a Hall Of Fame head in my opinion. But Robo or your club fitter can give you advice but I would pick the right shaft flex and install 1.5". We drilled out quite a few of those heads to a 1.5" bore depth and left the other 1.5" of whatever shaft was in there for a clean install. 

  • Like 6

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Hybrids:    :taylormade-small: SIM2 Hybrid 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R hy
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-9 MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 46*/50*/58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :bobby-grace-1: 6330 LTD Edition ...  33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '22

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chisag said:

 

... I don't wanna burst your happy bubble PMookie, but the bore thru adds no more stability, just trouble installing shafts. If it did, everyone would still be making a bore through head. 🤪  The "hot set up" on tour was to go up one flex and only install 1.5" which took out the guessing of how weak a shaft to go a full 3" in bore thru depth. You could not just pick a shaft and install it, especially with any kind of active tip shaft. The YS6 and YS7 were very popular shafts in the 905r, which is a Hall Of Fame head in my opinion. But Robo or your club fitter can give you advice but I would pick the right shaft flex and install 1.5". We drilled out quite a few of those heads to a 1.5" bore depth and left the other 1.5" of whatever shaft was in there for a clean install. 

Thanks! I’m going to go with the extensive experience of my shaft guy. I’m fully confident in what he says about stability and the 2” bore through. I appreciate the insights. The guy’s been doing this a LONG time, and has extensive experience in shaft design, etc.

You probably didn’t see my post on what he’s building for me to test. Very stiff XXX shaft, 45”, 215g+ head. He has 5 guys with it, one at Ping HQ, one at Cobra HQ, two long drive guys, and him. Going to be fun!!!

 

  • Like 2

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, tehuti said:


Today I finally got to swing the E521 hybrid for the first time. I only used it on 3 holes and I went out cold, no warmup. I am a naturally short hitter and my first two attempts came up short, but the 3rd was pin high. The good news is, it seems really easy to hit and I hit the ball straight with it. It is very light though, and shorter than I thought it would be.

Beautiful club. Even with the weird white shaft. The sock headcover is nice.

As for the HL4 ironwoods, I only had those because I could not hit hybrids. Now that I have hybrids I can hit, the 5 has been replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_0075.thumb.jpg.51a747ee26a80742214a429d8338e3a2.jpg it

Nice! Get those birdies!

  • Like 3

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, PMookie said:

The Srixon head that I bought on eBay wasn’t as nice as the pictures, so, on the recommendation on my shaft guy, I bought a Titleist 905r last night on eBay to use instead. The head is pristine! The owner of Xphlexxx told me that the 905r was one of the most STABLE heads one could get because of the 2” bore through depth of the shaft. He says when a shaft goes that deep, it keeps the head super steady, resisting twisting. So he’s now going to load this one up to 210-215g on the XXX Busa shaft, and have it play 45”. Going to be a fun experiment!!!!!

E1813253-5C4E-4FD6-B1C9-3E6BC13FABC6.jpeg

Ironically speaking to the Titleist rep whose a member at my club, this was one of the heads used as inspiration for the TSi shape. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, seeking70's said:

I "bought my kid" a Mevo for Christmas.  I finally got it out on the range yesterday for our maiden voyage together.  I think I'm going to like this.  Hoping I can use it to help me lower my launch angle a bit before our "playable weather" arrives.

It's definitely brutally honest with the distance, too.  Not sure if that's good or bad because I won't be able to inflate my ego anymore.  Haha...

One thing to watch with the Mevo and range balls is the spin numbers it reads. Mine, especially off mats and with worn range balls, will read absurdly high or low amounts of spin sometimes. I've found that it can affect the distance estimations by quite a few yards as a result.

Over a 10+ shot sequence (the web interface is great for displaying the averages, though the app can do it too), I've found the Mevo to be ridiculously accurate for its price. And the automatic video clipping feature with ability to shout out a specific metric is a godsend. Enjoy!

  • Like 5

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 6.7 / Anti-Cap: 12.8 (Last Updated Oct. 13, 2022)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Club Champion Fitting
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review


WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

Thanks! I’m going to go with the extensive experience of my shaft guy. I’m fully confident in what he says about stability and the 2” bore through. I appreciate the insights. The guy’s been doing this a LONG time, and has extensive experience in shaft design, etc.

You probably didn’t see my post on what he’s building for me to test. Very stiff XXX shaft, 45”, 215g+ head. He has 5 guys with it, one at Ping HQ, one at Cobra HQ, two long drive guys, and him. Going to be fun!!!

 

... Yup, I saw that. You are in a category of stiffness I have no experience with. The 905r is a 3" bore though, which you can easily measure. Maybe he is inserting the shaft only 2"? Not that it matters, as you said he has a ton of experience with shafts and higher swing speeds, he knows your swing and you trust him. 👍

  • Like 1

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Hybrids:    :taylormade-small: SIM2 Hybrid 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R hy
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-9 MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 46*/50*/58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :bobby-grace-1: 6330 LTD Edition ...  33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '22

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • GolfSpy_APH changed the title to What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...