What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

Thanks! I’m going to go with the extensive experience of my shaft guy. I’m fully confident in what he says about stability and the 2” bore through. I appreciate the insights. The guy’s been doing this a LONG time, and has extensive experience in shaft design, etc.

You probably didn’t see my post on what he’s building for me to test. Very stiff XXX shaft, 45”, 215g+ head. He has 5 guys with it, one at Ping HQ, one at Cobra HQ, two long drive guys, and him. Going to be fun!!!

... Yup, I saw that. You are in a category of stiffness I have no experience with. The 905r is a 3" bore though, which you can easily measure. Maybe he is inserting the shaft only 2"? Not that it matters, as you said he has a ton of experience with shafts and higher swing speeds, he knows your swing and you trust him. 👍

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honmas arrived. More pics in my fitting thread

Well there goes my Golf Galaxy gift cards and rewards certificate. After which this putter cost me $18  

Posted Images

On 1/9/2021 at 3:41 PM, Buffly said:

The CHA Fairy 🧚 has sprinkled some pixie dust in my ☕ coffee a few times recently. 

I purchased an outdoor hitting mat from eBay that reveals the strick and ground interaction with some sort of felt. It looks to be a rip off of the Acustrike Impact Training Mat. The price was right and USPS will be delivering it 🔜 soon. At around $16 I had to buy 2 of them. 

The eBay 🦟 mosquito bug bit me real good when I bought a Ping ISI Tour (laminated maple) Driver with a graphite shaft which is R flex (I play stiff)... So, CHA pixie dust MUST be to blame! About $58 was more than I wanted to spend, but I have been looking for one of these for a while. 

Then, if that wasn't enough, I got a set of Cleveland TA3 Form Forged 3-PW irons. They have Sun Valley Graphite R Flex 400 shafts - WTH is the CHA Fairy 🧚 🤔 thinking???!!!??? I guess $65 was too good to pass up. 

Now I need to buy a set of shafts and grips to reshaft the irons ... Golfworks, here I come.

s-l400 (6).jpg

s-l400 (7).jpg

OK as soon as you try it I have to know how the mat does.. I have been looking at the Accustrike, and if this works and last I might pick up one like you just got.. 

• Like 3

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

13 hours ago, Reesedw said:

OK as soon as you try it I have to know how the mat does.. I have been looking at the Accustrike, and if this works and last I might pick up one like you just got.. 

I will post about it when it arrives from China - not sure how long it's going to take. 

• Like 1

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

Went to Golf Galaxy today to look at gear and ended up next door at Field and Stream instead. I think I may be reformed from my club buying days.

Oh who I am kidding, I will be back once I decide it is golf season again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Toulon Madison Stroke Lab 34"

On 1/10/2021 at 9:55 PM, chisag said:

... I don't wanna burst your happy bubble PMookie, but the bore thru adds no more stability, just trouble installing shafts. If it did, everyone would still be making a bore through head. 🤪  The "hot set up" on tour was to go up one flex and only install 1.5" which took out the guessing of how weak a shaft to go a full 3" in bore thru depth. You could not just pick a shaft and install it, especially with any kind of active tip shaft. The YS6 and YS7 were very popular shafts in the 905r, which is a Hall Of Fame head in my opinion. But Robo or your club fitter can give you advice but I would pick the right shaft flex and install 1.5". We drilled out quite a few of those heads to a 1.5" bore depth and left the other 1.5" of whatever shaft was in there for a clean install. 

I used to do something sorta like this.  I pulled the shaft normally, then cut off the tip to create a plug that would deliver a 1.5" depth and epoxied it in place.  Worked very well, kept the reshaft simple, and did away with the need to finish the tip of the shaft on the bore thru.

• Like 4

:taylormade-small:M5 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g, 6.5 @ 45"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ HZRDUS Green 70g, 6.5 @ 42.75"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 5wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 42.25"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash 7wd & 9wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 41.75" & 41"

:srixon-small:Z585 6-7, Z785 8-GW w/ TT AMT White S300@ 37.75" (6i)

:cleveland-small:RTX4 54/10 & 58/3 w/ DGold S400 @ 36"

:odyssey-small:SL EXO Marxman w/ Superstroke Flatso 3.0 @ 33"

On Deck:

:cleveland-small:RTX4 58/9 w/ Nippon Tour 125 Stiff @ 35.75"

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

My brother has been using my old Cleveland Hibore XLS driver for far too long.  His swing is getting much much better and he's really getting into it.  He had mentioned that he was interested in a new driver (all of our ears thank him) and I asked him what his budget was.

I rocked the Cleveland Monster HiBore XLS for 2 seasons. Literally sounds like a shotgun. The first time I hit it in an enclosed hitting bay I thought it had broken from the sound it made. But man does it hit it straight. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  Mac Daddy Forged 52° , 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

I just ordered the new 2021 PXG 0211 irons.

I’m flying completely by the seat of my pants here, lol. The Rogue X by Callaway are my favorite iron set that I’ve played the last few years. The only thing I didn’t like about them was their looks... they always looked “cheap” to me, and I like a little bling in my bag, lol.

i ordered a set of the original 0211’s recently, and they’re gorgeous. Fly high and straight, but they just don’t have the pop the X do, which is understandable considering the difference in lofts. 

When PXG released the new version this past Friday, and I saw they were their answer to pure distance clubs like the X and Mavericks, I knew it was going to cost me. I held out for what, 6 days?

You only live once, and the new 0211’s seem like everything I like, distance, forgiveness, and  great looks in an inexpensive package. If nothing else, I should be one of the first on our block to game these, and I’ll be more than happy to fill everyone in on what I think of them....

curious how the stronger lofts work for you. That would have made the top of my bag a little easier as then i would maybe only need one club to gap to my driver with the 4i at 19*

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

2 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

curious how the stronger lofts work for you. That would have made the top of my bag a little easier as then i would maybe only need one club to gap to my driver with the 4i at 19*

Those lofts are exactly what I’m looking for (the fact that I’m getting them in a progressive set makes it even better), let me explain why....

i played the Apex cf16 for almost 3 years, and loved them until I hit a friend’s Rogue X irons. Suddenly I was getting the same ball flight, but with a club more distance. The one problem was the gap between the set GW and my 56*. I solved that by dropping the 56* & 60* and going with 52* & 58*.

Two other factors weighed heavily in my switch.

1. I rarely play what you would call a “fun” round. I’m always playing a money game of some sort, usually with at least a $20 buy in. If I’m going to put a new club in the bag, it had better perform better than the one I’m used to. The original 0211 purchase was an anomaly. At $605 for 7 MMT shafted club’s, I figured it would be worth taking a chance. They’re great clubs, but I feel like I’m back to where I was with the Apex. I’m at an age (66)where distance matters. I’m a pretty decent ball striker, but I’d be foolish to not take advantage of any gains I can get with tech, even if it’s simply stronger lofts.

2. I know from playing the Rogue x that ball my flight won’t be an issue. I know I like a progressive set, and the MMT shafts. I also know I love the look and feel of the 0211 irons. To get those things along with the added distance the Rogues gave me made this a pretty easy decision.

• Like 5

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Cypher 5.0

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage R

Hybrids  :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

:ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB

2 hours ago, pulledabill said:

I was bored so I hit a few Goodwill/Thrift stores. Last store I hit had a ton of putters so I left with a real nice Mizuno Tour 940, a milled Knight putter, and a Odyssey Dual Force Rosso 1 and 2. All in real nice shape. I will tinker with them and sell or give to others just getting in the game. I have like $22 bucks in all 4.  

I missed a brand new Rovic push cart for $25 by approximtely 6.7 seconds in a Goodwill once.  I'll never forget that dreadful day.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

:taylormade-small:M5 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g, 6.5 @ 45"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ HZRDUS Green 70g, 6.5 @ 42.75"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 5wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 42.25"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash 7wd & 9wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 41.75" & 41"

:srixon-small:Z585 6-7, Z785 8-GW w/ TT AMT White S300@ 37.75" (6i)

:cleveland-small:RTX4 54/10 & 58/3 w/ DGold S400 @ 36"

:odyssey-small:SL EXO Marxman w/ Superstroke Flatso 3.0 @ 33"

On Deck:

:cleveland-small:RTX4 58/9 w/ Nippon Tour 125 Stiff @ 35.75"

5 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

My club setup is pretty well locked in for 2021, but I've been thinking of replacing my bag. I was doing some online bargain bin shopping tonight (as is my custom), but was running into a recurring problem. Basic rule of shopping for clearance golf bags: the link will show you the bag in a classy color scheme, but when you click, the only color left is radioactive unicorn vomit.

Then I stumbled on this classy bag:

image.png

I love the understated color scheme. And the Pioneer is always a top performer in Most Wanted testing. Found a site that was selling it below normal retail (which is very unusual with PING). Did some checking into the retailer and seems legit; I'll update if otherwise.

This is more than I've spent on a bag before, but found I had some forgotten PayPal cash, which somehow doesn't count as ordinary money, right? So I pulled the trigger on this.

love the Pioneer. i was dead set on getting one myself until Ogio ran a 30% off + free shipping promotion. 

hard to argue against a brand new bag delivered to your door for under $200. 

good luck with the purchase and the new bag; she’s a beaut!

• Like 4

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

My club setup is pretty well locked in for 2021, but I've been thinking of replacing my bag. I was doing some online bargain bin shopping tonight (as is my custom), but was running into a recurring problem. Basic rule of shopping for clearance golf bags: the link will show you the bag in a classy color scheme, but when you click, the only color left is radioactive unicorn vomit.
image.png.65a4907fc01d9f6c4cdb88da1f8d29bf.png
I love the understated color scheme. And the Pioneer is always a top performer in Most Wanted testing. Found a site that was selling it below normal retail (which is very unusual with PING). Did some checking into the retailer and seems legit; I'll update if otherwise.
This is more than I've spent on a bag before, but found I had some forgotten PayPal cash, which somehow doesn't count as ordinary money, right? So I pulled the trigger on this.

Pioneer is a great bag. SWMBO is using mine and she likes it!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My wife got this bag for me for Christmas: but she opted for the technicolor unicorn vomit color [emoji23]
Great bag and she knows I’m into loud colors on the golf course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

10 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

That’s a great looking bag. I bought a Traverse II a couple years ago at less than half price and absolutely love it. Those Ping bags are great and you got about as good a color scheme as you could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Micah T said:

My wife got this bag for me for Christmas: but she opted for the technicolor unicorn vomit color emoji23.png
Great bag and she knows I’m into loud colors on the golf course.

I thought about issuing an apology for those who are really into those color schemes 🙂 Guys who are lefties, who are really big or really little, or who into loud colors, if they can be patient, can make a killing in the clearance aisle 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:adams-small: XTD Proto dHy 21°, Aldila Green NV Hybrid 105 S
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Full WITB with pictures

On 1/12/2021 at 2:45 PM, Jmikecpa said:

..ended up next door at Field and Stream ...

So? How many new shotguns? fishing poles? camo gear? 😉

• Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator