What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

SIM2 3W head on the way to pair with the ACCRA TZ5 once it arrives. Back to the bomber FW!

• Like 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9º | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4
:callaway-small: Epic Speed 3W 15º | ACCRA TZ5 75 M4
:callaway-small: Apex 3H 19º | ACCRA TZ5 95H M4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | MCA MMT Taper Iron 125 S
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50, 54, 60 (Mid) | MCA MMT Taper Iron 125 S
:EVNROLL: ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honmas arrived. More pics in my fitting thread

I've had the bag for a couple weeks and did an "unofficial" review on it. I decided to give it some ink. If you're gonna get a tattoo, make sure that it means something and that you can live with it

Posted Images

It is. Same length but way too flexy. It’s a 5.5. Who knows, maybe I’ll find that a reg flex works better for my swing in woods and such ala [mention=291]chisag[/mention]

Aha, mine is a 6.0

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 4-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

5 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

It is. Same length but way too flexy. It’s a 5.5. Who knows, maybe I’ll find that a reg flex works better for my swing in woods and such ala @chisag

... If not, maybe we can work out a trade for some of my stiff shafts? I'd like to try the Riptide 5.5 in my Sim2 shipping in a few weeks.  

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Oh yeah... this happened...

20210223_112314.jpg.963cbaa4bf9eeb0014555ea423ca6b5e.jpg

'21 version 0211s 6i-GW with the MMT shaft in .. what's a new experiment in irons .. Senior/A flex. The Regular shaft is 70g and I was looking for something just a bit lighter, but the 60g only comes in Senior, so... we'll see... (I know, I know - get a proper fitting and stop wasting time and money "experimenting"! Agreed, but then .. I wouldn't be posting in the "Club Ho" topic 🤪)

So Mr. @Grand Stranded is partially to blame .. oops er umm .. thank 😉 .. as we'd been talking about irons and seemed to have traveled on similar paths with iron sets the past few seasons, and he seemed pretty happy with his purchase of these.

Have only hit the 7i in one indoor lesson so far, and .. wow! .. these really are like 1 full club longer vs the older 0211s. Yes - the lofts are 3* stronger club-for-club but there is a distinct POP off the face on the newer ones that's gotta be extra ball speed from the impact-reactor inertia-generator energy-core whatever whatchamahcallit.

And, no not sure yet if the Senior flex was the right choice; seem to be hitting more push-fades to the right vs previously. But with each lesson each week my swing evolves just a little bit so obviously need to swing each of the clubs some more and then also carve out some practice time to hit them side by side vs the older 0211s in the same session.

Anyhow, really looking forward to the start of the new golfing season!!!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

37 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Oh yeah... this happened...

20210223_112314.jpg.963cbaa4bf9eeb0014555ea423ca6b5e.jpg

'21 version 0211s 6i-GW with the MMT shaft in .. what's a new experiment in irons .. Senior/A flex. The Regular shaft is 70g and I was looking for something just a bit lighter, but the 60g only comes in Senior, so... we'll see... (I know, I know - get a proper fitting and stop wasting time and money "experimenting"! Agreed, but then .. I wouldn't be posting in the "Club Ho" topic 🤪)

So Mr. @Grand Stranded is partially to blame .. oops er umm .. thank 😉 .. as we'd been talking about irons and seemed to have traveled on similar paths with iron sets the past few seasons, and he seemed pretty happy with his purchase of these.

Have only hit the 7i in one indoor lesson so far, and .. wow! .. these really are like 1 full club longer vs the older 0211s. Yes - the lofts are 3* stronger club-for-club but there is a distinct POP off the face on the newer ones that's gotta be extra ball speed from the impact-reactor inertia-generator energy-core whatever whatchamahcallit.

And, no not sure yet if the Senior flex was the right choice; seem to be hitting more push-fades to the right vs previously. But with each lesson each week my swing evolves just a little bit so obviously need to swing each of the clubs some more and then also carve out some practice time to hit them side by side vs the older 0211s in the same session.

Anyhow, really looking forward to the start of the new golfing season!!!

Ho   😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Ho   😂

@cksurfdude is smarter than the average ho, Kenny. Let me explain how this all went down...

I mentioned somewhere here how I wished I had known PXG was coming out with a new version of the 0211’s, this time with stronger lofts, as distance with the old version was not what I was getting from my old irons.

So CK pm’ed me and he said he was interested in them also. I told him I knew how this would end up on my end. Once I’m “interested” it’s only a matter of when I buy, not if. CK said he was very happy to hear this, because he wanted me to be the guinea pig and report back to him, lol. Sure enough, I sold my set on eBay and ordered the new ones. We continued to talk and after mine arrived, I told him I thought he’d like them as much as I did.

He seems like a great guy, and he lives on Long Island which is where I lived all my life before retiring down south. I’m hoping they work well for him... We both took a chance on a very good deal, but we had to trust the phone fittings we got because these are DTC only. 

Maybe when I’m up there on the Island this summer we can get together and get them nice and dirty out on one of the local munis... 😉

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Cypher 5.0

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage R

Hybrids  :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

:ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB

10 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

@cksurfdude is smarter than the average ho, Kenny. Let me explain how this all went down...

I mentioned somewhere here how I wished I had known PXG was coming out with a new version of the 0211’s, this time with stronger lofts, as distance with the old version was not what I was getting from my old irons.

So CK pm’ed me and he said he was interested in them also. I told him I knew how this would end up on my end. Once I’m “interested” it’s only a matter of when I buy, not if. CK said he was very happy to hear this, because he wanted me to be the guinea pig and report back to him, lol. Sure enough, I sold my set on eBay and ordered the new ones. We continued to talk and after mine arrived, I told him I thought he’d like them as much as I did.

He seems like a great guy, and he lives on Long Island which is where I lived all my life before retiring down south. I’m hoping they work well for him, we both took a chance on a very good deal, but we had to trust the phone fittings we got because these are DTC only. 

Maybe when I’m up there on the Island this summer we can get together and get them nice and dirty out on one of the local munis... 😉

it’s a wonderful and dangerous thing when two club ho’s put their heads together on new iron purchases 😎👍

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

8 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

He seems like a great guy, and he lives on Long Island which is where I lived all my life before retiring down south. I’m hoping they work well for him, we both took a chance on a very good deal, but we had to trust the phone fittings we got because these are DTC only. 

@cksurfdude and I have been carrying on PM conversations for the past couple of years on a lot of topics.  We were scheduled to attend one of Monte's clinics in CA last April, but then COVID...

We have a mission to get together somewhere, someplace.  It will happen, hopefully sooner than later.  One of us has to make a trip across the country, or we meet in the middle.  

I'm happy that Chuck has met the clubs of his dreams.  Now I will have to play really well, or he will beat me.  😬

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

@cksurfdude and I have been carrying on PM conversations for the past couple of years on a lot of topics.  We were scheduled to attend one of Monte's clinics in CA last April, but then COVID...

We have a mission to get together somewhere, someplace.  It will happen, hopefully sooner than later.  One of us has to make a trip across the country, or we meet in the middle.  

I'm happy that Chuck has met the clubs of his dreams.  Now I will have to play really well, or he will beat me.  😬

I say you guys compromise and meet in Maryland 😬

FWIW I’ve hosted Monte’s DC/Balt clinic at my course the last 3 years—2020 was cancelled. It’s usually in October. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

it’s a wonderful and dangerous thing when two club ho’s put their heads together on new iron purchases 😎👍

It never ends... 😜

i received my TS2 16.5* on Friday, the 19* and 21* hybrids aren’t coming for another 3 weeks because the shaft is back ordered, and I’m already debating whether to switch out to a 7 wood... 

Any thoughts you have on the matter would be appreciated. I know you’ve tried a club or two in your day, and from prior conversations I know we hit the ball similar distances...

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I say you guys compromise and meet in Maryland 😬

FWIW I’ve hosted Monte’s DC/Balt clinic at my course the last 3 years—2020 was cancelled. It’s usually in October. 

If you guys need a 4th, I drive through Maryland a couple times a year going back and forth to Long Island.

I promise to behave...😇

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Grand Stranded said:

It never ends... 😜

i received my TS2 16.5* on Friday, the 19* and 21* hybrids aren’t coming for another 3 weeks because the shaft is back ordered, and I’m already debating whether to switch out to a 7 wood... 

Any thoughts you have on the matter would be appreciated. I know you’ve tried a club or two in your day, and from prior conversations I know we hit the ball similar distances...

Lots of thoughts..just no recent experience since I haven’t swung a club in almost 3 months.

7 wood is an absolute must for anyone in our swing demographic.  I have the G410 and it is the longest running club in my bag. 2 years now.   

i also have the TSi 16.5 but it just came in before i got sick, so no experience with it. 

I ordered the TSi1 driver and hybrid in 20 and 24 last week.  They will be in March.  

I’ll compare them to the Srixon ZX 24 degree that came in and is still untouched in my office 😒

You can see I have a lot of catching up to do. Ha

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

If you guys need a 4th, I drive through Maryland a couple times a year going back and forth to Long Island.

I promise to behave...😇

Absolutely. With a few other local spies that are around here, we could have a mini-outing 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Absolutely. With a few other local spies that are around here, we could have a mini-outing 

Need to do a “MGS golf trip” bug tournament for as many that can go once covid is over. Not sure if something like that had taken place or not but. Tough to get a large group all at the same time but worth a shot!

• Like 8

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Need to do a “MGS golf trip” bug tournament for as many that can go once covid is over. Not sure if something like that had taken place or not but. Tough to get a large group all at the same time but worth a shot!

We have 5 or 6 meeting in mid March fo4 a couple rounds in central FL. Guess you could call it a mini MGS outing....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 4

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

What have I bought lately?  Not much... just an Alphard eWheels v2!  Finally came in and I put it together on Friday.  Took it out for its maiden voyage today on the local par 3 course just to familiarize myself with it.

I can't say enough good things about it.  Love it.  Love it.  Love it.

I also ordered the front wheel conversion for my CG 3.5+ along with the TFS.  They're both backordered right now and I won't get them until late March it looks like, but when they come, this thing is gonna be that much better.

• Like 5

TaylorMade M5 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g, 6.5 @ 46"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ HZRDUS Green 70g, 6.5 @ 42.75"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 42.25"

Callaway Epic Flash 7wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 41.75"

Callaway Epic Flash 9wd w/ DGold SL S300 @ 41"

Srixon Z585 6-7, Z785 8-GW w/ TT AMT White S300@ 38.25" (5i)

Cleveland RTX4 54/10 w/ DGold S400 @ 36"

Cleveland RTX4 58/9 w/ Nippon Tour 125 Stiff @ 35.75"

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman w/ Superstroke Flatso 3.0 @ 33"

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Its something Adam and I have talked about for a while.  It’s not impossible but a lot of logistics involved to do it right.  But I’ll keep plugging away

In the meantime we encourage all areas to organize local outings.  There are seceral a year that already tske place.  We had one in MD 2 years ago that got about 12 guys

if we could do an official MGS one near HQ i think we could easily get 30 to 40 to make it.  Thats just from the Forum  

if it were promoted on the blog   You’d have to close the borders to VA 😎

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Its something Adam and I have talked about for a while.  It’s not impossible but a lot of logistics involved to do it right.  But I’ll keep plugging away

In the meantime we encourage all areas to organize local outings.  There are seceral a year that already tske place.  We had one in MD 2 years ago that got about 12 guys

if we could do an official MGS one near HQ i think we could easily get 30 to 40 to make it.  Thats just from the Forum  

if it were promoted on the blog   You’d have to close the borders to VA 😎

Logistically is definitly tough I would totally be in for a VA one easy car ride!

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

Just now, Lacassem said:

Logistically is definitly tough I would totally be in for a VA one easy car ride!

And by logistics i mean, Adam said if we do it, he wants to do it right.  So you can imagine the work that the staff puts into everything they do, that the outing would have to be on the same level. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

And by logistics i mean, Adam said if we do it, he wants to do it right.  So you can imagine the work that the staff puts into everything they do, that the outing would have to be on the same level. 

Bryan and I put together a small get together weekend every year and even that’s is tough so I don’t doubt whatver they do at some point will be top notch, lots of work thiugh

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

WITB:

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench: