What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

1 minute ago, edingc said:

Sheepishly raises hand... 🙋‍♂️

I'm not good at telling myself no.

Your build thread has me eyeing some Modus 120x shaft pulls to swap into the Forged Tec heads... I'm like I can totally do this.  Could be a fun activity... don't be surprised if you get a  DM from me on what supplies to get and tips and tricks! haha

• Like 4
  • Love 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got all the boys together!!!  

So the first pieces to my Cobra RADSPEED One Length and unofficial CC5 participant showed up today.     

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Your build thread has me eyeing some Modus 120x shaft pulls to swap into the Forged Tec heads... I'm like I can totally do this.  Could be a fun activity... don't be surprised if you get a  DM from me on what supplies to get and tips and tricks! haha

Random recommendation, buy an epoxy gun instead of trying to pour the right ratio of hardener and resin. 

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

😂😂😂😂

4D672874-4951-4F09-8A70-0EEFA21A5B6A.jpeg

But really, if you hit 18 GIR how much do you really need to help your score? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  Mac Daddy Forged 52° , 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Last month I sold my Wilson D7 GW and SW with Recoils and bought the matching 50* & 54* Cleveland Zipcore Wedges. I wrote a review of the 58* Zipcore last summer. Well, seems I did not think about giving up lightweight shafts for extra heavies....the Zipcore shaft is 128 grams versus the Recoils at 64 grams. I spoke with Cleveland today and they confirmed the shaft weight and said I could get Modus 105’s or Recoil 760’s to replace the heavier shafts. Not wanting to spend anymore right now, I went to the closet and, Walla! My Hogan Tk15 Wedges (49/53/57) have Recoil 660’s.....and my SCOR’s (49/53/57) have Genius 10(KBS Tour 90) shafts. So I have choices, I put my SS sensors on the Hogan’s for this week to see if my chipping gets any better. Maybe try the SCOR’s next week. My prob has been the short chips, taking the Zipcore back for short chips I can feel the heavier shafts.

Anyone wanna comment on this issue?

I may have a Zipcore 50/54/58 set for sale soon.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

14 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Last month I sold my Wilson D7 GW and SW with Recoils and bought the matching 50* & 54* Cleveland Zipcore Wedges. I wrote a review of the 58* Zipcore last summer. Well, seems I did not think about giving up lightweight shafts for extra heavies....the Zipcore shaft is 128 grams versus the Recoils at 64 grams. I spoke with Cleveland today and they confirmed the shaft weight and said I could get Modus 105’s or Recoil 760’s to replace the heavier shafts. Not wanting to spend anymore right now, I went to the closet and, Walla! My Hogan Tk15 Wedges (49/53/57) have Recoil 660’s.....and my SCOR’s (49/53/57) have Genius 10(KBS Tour 90) shafts. So I have choices, I put my SS sensors on the Hogan’s for this week to see if my chipping gets any better. Maybe try the SCOR’s next week. My prob has been the short chips, taking the Zipcore back for short chips I can feel the heavier shafts.

My comment is that since you have Hogans and SCORs, then the logical next step is Edisons. I don't think that was the type of comment you were looking for lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Updated 4/27/2021

My comment is that since you have Hogans and SCORs, then the logical next step is Edisons. I don't think that was the type of comment you were looking for lol.

Yeah, I talked to them, a guy named a Bill, used to work for Hogan. But I thought since I already had the Zipcore 58*.......

Both the SCOR’s & Hogan’s have “V-sole”

Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

So I had a friend ask which wedge I bought.  I have been fascinated by the TW MG2 wedges...Oh Steve, that's just a fanboy purchase...

...Hardly...

...What did it for me was the near zero offset, the heel and leading edge relief and the versatility of this grind.  I love playing open face shots around the green and I've had a difficult time finding a lob wedge that I have wanted to keep in the bag.  For years I've always carried 13 clubs with a 52 & 58 wedge.  I am thinking this year may become the year I go 52-56-60...if the 60 is what I hope it is I plan to order its twin.

• Like 8
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Just ordered a demo Alta CB shaft for my G400 3w.  Changing the current 65g stiff to regular.  My G400 5w has that same shaft in regular and I seem to catch it more centered.  Also, the recent fitting had me move from stiff to regular on the driver shaft (working out great) and the recommended 3w shaft was the Diamana Thump 65R... seems all things pointing to flex not helping and likely robbing me of some distance.  For $60, it's worth a try.

• Like 8

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Something to mess around with mostly for the shaft.

37212EA5-5799-4650-B978-A2B027B9649F.jpeg

BD67EF4E-C006-4C68-84EB-845FA880A324.jpeg

• Like 9

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Received my Adidas ZG21s today. Going to be a no go. My feet are too wide for the wide. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Updated 4/27/2021

Sim2 max driver for my dad, and 3 dozen TP5 golf balls for me. they should all be delivered tomorrow. 

sometimes ya just gotta treat the old man. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

58 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Received my Adidas ZG21s today. Going to be a no go. My feet are too wide for the wide. 

What shoes do you currently wear? 

On another note, I find the lack of wides in a lot of shoes very frustrating. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

I have the same problem with shoes. My feet were designed by committee. 🤦🏻‍♂️. I’m pretty much limited to FootJoy or Sketchers.

• Like 4

:taylormade-small: Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

image.png 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

:ping-small: G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

image.png 0211 Irons 5 - Gap w/True Temper Elevate 95

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

:EVNROLL: ER7 34”

image.png.11327db90df1932c3b37a9451ae0c6af.png MTB-Black

image.png.fd18714c62bee6a7f146281bd14f1846.png PF210 Laser Rangefinder

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

What shoes do you currently wear? 

On another note, I find the lack of wides in a lot of shoes very frustrating. 

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

I have the same problem with shoes. My feet were designed by committee. 🤦🏻‍♂️. I’m pretty much limited to FootJoy or Sketchers.

I wear the under armour hovr in wide.

This is going to sound weird but i just today discovered how wide my feet actually are. Normally i buy regular width shoes but last time i bought the under armour shoes i bought wide because my prior golf shoes weren’t comfortable. In normal everyday shoes, i tie them so loose that i just slip them on and off, so i never realized how wide my feet are

• Like 5

Updated 4/27/2021

Trying again, this time ordered the Footjoy Hyperflex BOA in Extra Wide. Let's see what happens.

• Like 1

Updated 4/27/2021

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

I wear the under armour hovr in wide.

This is going to sound weird but i just today discovered how wide my feet actually are. Normally i buy regular width shoes but last time i bought the under armour shoes i bought wide because my prior golf shoes weren’t comfortable. In normal everyday shoes, i tie them so loose that i just slip them on and off, so i never realized how wide my feet are

This is the exactly how I can avoid wife's, otherwise it's not going to work. Usually go with New Balance wides, 4E, for those keeping score. 

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS Review

:cobra-small: SZ Extreme 9° HZRDUS Smoke Green 60g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

[emoji1327]‍♂️ I’ll take them!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 939X 22* Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-AW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 54* and 58*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods 😉