What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Got my FJ Hyperflex BOA in extra wide. I had never really realized how wide my feet were until i put my feet into these shoes and was like, oh, thats how shoes should fit. Part of my foot still hangs over a bit though lol.

• Like 7

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

15 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Modus 120x shafts arrived today.

I've been wanting to add these into my iron set.  But undecided if I just wait and buy the ZX5/ZX7 combo's with that shaft.  I love the feel, but it will come down to performance.  Even though the feel is great, it may not give me the optimal numbers compared to another shaft.  We shall see.  

• Like 3

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

43 minutes ago, juspoole said:

I've been wanting to add these into my iron set.  But undecided if I just wait and buy the ZX5/ZX7 combo's with that shaft.  I love the feel, but it will come down to performance.  Even though the feel is great, it may not give me the optimal numbers compared to another shaft.  We shall see.  

... Good plan. I think feel is always an interesting topic. Some have a very high sense of feel, some a "normal" sense and some have very little feel at all. As someone with a very high sense of feel I have always thought it was a blessing and a curse. It is great for performance and also for dialing in balls, shafts and club heads. But having a shaft that does not feel like it is unloading correctly through impact will almost always cause me to over swing. I have hit shafts that felt too stiff but gave me slightly better numbers than the shaft I was playing but on the course that lack of kick through impact forced me to instinctively attempt to increase my speed to get that "correct feel". 

... I have a feeling (pun intended) that those with a more normal sense of feel are not at the mercy of noticing everything from the grip to the shaft to the head to the ball. Hitting a shaft that is a little stiffer or softer but produces excellent spin, trajectory and distance will either feel OK or getting used to it after playing a little is pretty easy. Same thing with the golf ball. If a ball feels too soft or too hard on the greens I will instinctively hit it harder or softer even though the roll is the same. Otoh I have played with good players demoing a new ball that think it is a little firmer/softer than they prefer but they like the performance and can get used to the difference in one practice session. 

• Like 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

Good plan. I think feel is always an interesting topic. Some have a very high sense of feel, some a "normal" sense and some have very little feel at all. As someone with a very high sense of feel I have always thought it was a blessing and a curse. It is great for performance and also for dialing in balls, shafts and club heads. But having a shaft that does not feel like it is unloading correctly through impact will almost always cause me to over swing. I have hit shafts that felt too stiff but gave me slightly better numbers than the shaft I was playing but on the course that lack of kick through impact forced me to instinctively attempt to increase my speed to get that "correct feel". 

... I have a feeling (pun intended) that those with a more normal sense of feel are not at the mercy of noticing everything from the grip to the shaft to the head to the ball. Hitting a shaft that is a little stiffer or softer but produces excellent spin, trajectory and distance will either feel OK or getting used to it after playing a little is pretty easy. Same thing with the golf ball. If a ball feels too soft or too hard on the greens I will instinctively hit hot harder or softer even though the roll is the same. Otoh I have played with good players demoing a new ball that think it is a little firmer/softer than they prefer but they like the performance and can get used to the difference in one practice session. 

You are absolutely right.  Reading my response back, I definitely will not game these if I feel I have to overswing or do something drastically different compared to another shaft.  If another shaft is better than I'll go with that.  I was similar with my current DG AMT shafts.  It was an ok feel, but it routinely got me the best spin, distance, dispersion, and height that I was looking for on my irons so that's what I went with.

• Like 3

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

37 minutes ago, juspoole said:

I’m with @chisag 100%. The modus 120x made

me feel like I don’t have to swing as hard and keeps my in better rhythm. I cannot complain one bit about the performance I was getting from the PX LZ shafts. I was hitting some excellent shots with them. The switch was because they were my first option out of my original fitting and give me great numbers as well. 

I was torn about wether to do it or not, but I I went back and hit the modus 120x again side by side with the PX LZ and performance was so similar that feel is winning out. I think I’ll be more consistent with them knowing I won’t be trying as hard to get the feel I like. 

• Like 5

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Bought a SIM2 3 wood today after trying a few different fairways. I’m pleased, my business manager also approves of the purchase [emoji4]
24C3B0AB-9EC1-4A2E-A630-EFFFACA5B6B2.jpeg.e72608202c1b95e6ca53bd4ca8e58e93.jpeg

I’m a sucker for pix with a pretty face[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Didn’t purchase yet but looking for a new putter. I currently game an Evnroll ER7. I visited Golf Galaxy this afternoon. I tried several mallet putters that fit my slight arcing stroke. The new Odyssey 2 Ball Ten really stood out. I tried a couple of TaylorMade Spiders, the X and EX. I also tried the Evnroll ER11v. I kept going back the 2 Ball 10 S. I was nailing the PuttOut they had set up in the putter area. Further testing...

• Like 8

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

New Level Golf NLU-01 18° Utility w/Mitsubishi Kura Kage Black

Ping G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 Irons 5 - Gap w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

Evnroll ER7 34” Testing: Evnroll ER11v 34”

Kirkland Signature V2.0 3 piece 

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

Well it is golf season and I am back. Picked up some balls last night and my first putter purchase of 2021 today.

It was only a matter of time [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0317 22* Nippon GOST X

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Metal X 7 48"

Ordered the 4 for 3 Prov1 

• Like 5

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Rainy day today so no golf; then this beauty I scored off[mention=56939]jlukes[/mention] showed up IMG_4250.thumb.JPG.0cbc81c542623b860c456137a99e10c2.JPG
So of course I had to run down to the Pgatss for a new grip
IMG_4251.thumb.JPG.262a1cb889e9d87b1790b3bb3edae361.JPG
And heck while I’m at it
IMG_4252.thumb.JPG.20d61d1e87a59a47da194408c6e781e0.JPG
But now I’ll need some balls to roll, why not a head-to-head test of some low spin ones?
IMG_4253.thumb.JPG.9a3111fa8c4ff5095e0f0883fd1ff834.JPG
Oh man, rainy days...

I can give you my thoughts on the box of balls on the right if you want to hear it?

• Like 3

In the Bag for 2021

I can give you my thoughts on the box of balls on the right if you want to hear it?

Let’s hear it!

• Like 1

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Let’s hear it!

They spin off the driver as well as they spin around the green and are a harsh feeling ball. With that said I have played them for a year and love them. Stable flight in the wind and they react just how you think they would. I can’t hit the little nip spinner around the green with them so I don’t. Reminds of of what a ProV1x was at one time. Overall a solid ball. For the shots I can’t hit with it I don’t fret because if I need 185 out of a 7 iron it is there. Just a great ball all around.

• Like 5

In the Bag for 2021

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... Good plan. I think feel is always an interesting topic. Some have a very high sense of feel, some a "normal" sense and some have very little feel at all. As someone with a very high sense of feel I have always thought it was a blessing and a curse. It is great for performance and also for dialing in balls, shafts and club heads. But having a shaft that does not feel like it is unloading correctly through impact will almost always cause me to over swing. I have hit shafts that felt too stiff but gave me slightly better numbers than the shaft I was playing but on the course that lack of kick through impact forced me to instinctively attempt to increase my speed to get that "correct feel". 

... I have a feeling (pun intended) that those with a more normal sense of feel are not at the mercy of noticing everything from the grip to the shaft to the head to the ball. Hitting a shaft that is a little stiffer or softer but produces excellent spin, trajectory and distance will either feel OK or getting used to it after playing a little is pretty easy. Same thing with the golf ball. If a ball feels too soft or too hard on the greens I will instinctively hit it harder or softer even though the roll is the same. Otoh I have played with good players demoing a new ball that think it is a little firmer/softer than they prefer but they like the performance and can get used to the difference in one practice session. 

9 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I’m with @chisag 100%. The modus 120x made

me feel like I don’t have to swing as hard and keeps my in better rhythm. I cannot complain one bit about the performance I was getting from the PX LZ shafts. I was hitting some excellent shots with them. The switch was because they were my first option out of my original fitting and give me great numbers as well. 

I was torn about wether to do it or not, but I I went back and hit the modus 120x again side by side with the PX LZ and performance was so similar that feel is winning out. I think I’ll be more consistent with them knowing I won’t be trying as hard to get the feel I like. 

Just gonna throw another vote for the Modus 120 and here's why...

...There is a good amount of "slack" in these that offer a pretty good margin for a larger field of golfers.  My understanding from smarter folks around here is these were engineered to fit a wide spectrum of players.  That can't be said about many other MFG's.

As to the feel that @chisagmentions...these feel like none other, but that great feel can translate into confidence in very short order.

Prior to playing these shafts, I would have placed my iron play as my least confident portion of my bag.  A year into playing them, I look forward to hitting approaches because I feel so good knowing what the potential result can feel like and look like.

I've said this several times here, I regret not knowing about these sooner than I did.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Well it is golf season and I am back. Picked up some balls last night and my first putter purchase of 2021 today.

It was only a matter of time [emoji1787]

Awesome, what putter ?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

They spin off the driver as well as they spin around the green and are a harsh feeling ball. With that said I have played them for a year and love them. Stable flight in the wind and they react just how you think they would. I can’t hit the little nip spinner around the green with them so I don’t. Reminds of of what a ProV1x was at one time. Overall a solid ball. For the shots I can’t hit with it I don’t fret because if I need 185 out of a 7 iron it is there. Just a great ball all around.

When I read your first sentence, I thought you were going to go negative and I was ready to defend it... But I totally agree. I used it for a handful of rounds last year and thought it was great. I tended to score better when using the left dash over some of the other balls I've been cycling through. I also might be slightly biased because I got my first <unofficial> albatross with this ball (scramble, both my shots - can't give the ball the credit for actually going in, but also can't say that it wasn't a factor). 

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10, 60.06

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Grip

9 hours ago, ACA_619 said:

bought time. you go with x or v1?

Prov1 which was the fitters recommendation 

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1