What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

19 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Went for the old custom number? Surprised to see you maybe go away from the Exlir as well. Hope they do the job for you!

I wore 43 when I played goal for club hockey at LeMoyne...34 is a better number on a scorecard than 43...

Truth is I loved this ball in 2018 when I first tried it.  It was a sample pack of a 1/2 dozen and the only thing that kept me from diving in was my budget.  Things are a little different now so why not.

• Like 6
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got all the boys together!!!  

So the first pieces to my Cobra RADSPEED One Length and unofficial CC5 participant showed up today.     

... Now that we are in the off season and the prices are dropping at premium Phoenix courses, I figured it was a good time to add a 3 wood. Sim2 Max with a Tensei Raw Blue shaft was the best performin

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

I wore 43 when I played goal for club hockey at LeMoyne...34 is a better number on a scorecard than 43...

Truth is I loved this ball in 2018 when I first tried it.  It was a sample pack of a 1/2 dozen and the only thing that kept me from diving in was my budget.  Things are a little different now so why not.

Fair play. I placed my first Titleist Loyality order in nearly a decade this weekend form some custom number V1X. Exciting times.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Projext X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

not sure this counts since it is a free 45 day trial but I got a fitting from Club Champion years ago for a putter and received this in my inbox yesterday:
image.png.b7b7429a74925f6d8506c13d72088dd8.png

I tried Arccos a while ago when I had the g410 irons with the sensors on the grips but I no longer have those clubs. I had an Android at the time and I wasn't impressed.

Moved on to an iPhone and hoping that the caddie works much better now. My iphone is small and compact so I didn't opt for the link for now but for a free 45 days I figured I'll give it another try...

Anyhow - if you've been to CC lately check your email; you might be eligible. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

(D) G410 LST | (3) SpeedZone Big Tour | (5) TM Sim Max | (H) Titleist 818 H2 | (I) Z785 | (W) ZipCore | (P) Cleveland Premier HB 11

Odyssey #7 nice putter, great feel.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Even better is it has the Metal X insert which was one of my favorites over the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0317 22* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5 35"

5 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

not sure this counts since it is a free 45 day trial but I got a fitting from Club Champion years ago for a putter and received this in my inbox yesterday:

I tried Arccos a while ago when I had the g410 irons with the sensors on the grips but I no longer have those clubs. I had an Android at the time and I wasn't impressed.

Moved on to an iPhone and hoping that the caddie works much better now. My iphone is small and compact so I didn't opt for the link for now but for a free 45 days I figured I'll give it another try...

I received 14 free sensors a week ago for having an eligible Ping club in my bag. I used the Arccos app for the first time today. The sensors are paired to an iPhone XR at the latest iOS release (14.4.1). Everything worked flawlessly. I wore cargo shorts and put my phone in the left cargo pocket. I had hoped to use it with my Apple Watch but the app requires 36 holes recorded before it allows use of the watch. Not exactly clear as to why. I still need more time with the app but I’m satisfied so far. I only played 9 today and the Arccos Caddie feature indicates it requires 81 more holes in order to unlock it. I have 45 days to unlock it and try it before my free trial ends. I was also impressed with how little my phone battery went down. It only went down 15% for the 9 holes.

• Like 4

:taylormade-small: Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

image.png 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

:ping-small: G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

image.png 0211 Irons 5 - Gap w/True Temper Elevate 95

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

:EVNROLL: ER7 34”

image.png.11327db90df1932c3b37a9451ae0c6af.png MTB-Black

image.png.fd18714c62bee6a7f146281bd14f1846.png PF210 Laser Rangefinder

6 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

We have a brand new Club Champion store in Myrtle Beach. As part of their grand opening, they’re offering 50% off fittings.

Ive heard good and bad about them on forums, the bad being they’re expensive and try to upsell customers to more expensive shafts than needed. The good is they have a huge inventory to choose from. I would assume the fitters are well trained, so my questions to those who have gone for a CC fitting would be, is it worth scheduling a fitting at 50% off, and are you obligated to buy anything once you’ve paid for the fitting?

• Like 3

Driver     :ping-small: G425 SFT 10.5* Alta

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage

Hybrids  :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 & 4

Irons       :callaway-small: Mavrik 5-AW Catalyst

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58M

Putter    :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5”

Bag        :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

1 minute ago, Grand Stranded said:

We have a brand new Club Champion store in Myrtle Beach. As part of their grand opening, they’re offering 50% off fittings.

Ive heard good and bad about them on forums, the bad being they’re expensive and try to upsell customers to more expensive shafts than needed. The good is they have a huge inventory to choose from. I would assume the fitters are well trained, so my questions to those who have gone for a CC fitting would be, is it worth scheduling a fitting at 50% off, and are you obligated to buy anything once you’ve paid for the fitting?

Fitting is worth it at 50% off for sure. Not obligated to buy, and if you tell them you don't want an upcharge shaft, they won't try to fit you into one. If you tell them what you want your budget to be, they will stay in that. But, getting a good fit from them, then purchasing elsewhere is the best bang for the buck. 

• Like 4

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  Mac Daddy Forged 52° , 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

If Kolton is at that new store, you’re in good hands...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

On 3/21/2021 at 11:24 AM, blackngold_blood said:

Picked up 3 dozens Taylormade TP5 practices balls and 10 Iomic Sticky Evolution 1.8 grips.

Also took the ER5 slant neck to a mini golf course that was open on a nice day and wasn’t disappointed but wasn’t impressed either. Has me thinking I’m just gonna cut my losses and find a FCG slant putter. That thing always impresses me at my local shop lol

Parted the er5 out selling the head, adapter, and shaft separate and have a new TM FCG putter headed my way.

I’m also thinking about picking up an evnroll 8.3 and having a midlock conversion done on it. 

• Like 4

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

20210323_170448.jpg.adcbcfb5242b25df8c51ea3d7153a184.jpg

• Like 8

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  Mac Daddy Forged 52° , 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

the mythical Kirkland Signature wedges!

/thread

• Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

So looking forward to the PNW New Goodies, errrr... Spy Meet-up 🙂

• Like 7

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

TFW You log into your TaylorMade account to see the status of your custom 56 MG2 TW Wedge is "we have packed your custom product"

The 60 is still delayed but oooooo yea that's what I'm talking about 🙂

I did not expect it to be done this quickly.

• Like 5
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

11 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Ok.. have to own up to a very rookie mistake ...

Late last season I'd ordered a Cally Super Hybrid .. I wanted a 23 and saw one but with a Senior flex shaft .. so also grabbed a Recoil in F3, which I've played before and like, as a backup.

So... took both to the range today to try out the Recoil with the SH - even tho I'm seeing good results with the Senior flex shaft (PX Catalyst 70). Unscrew the head, go to fit it on the Recoil and.. hmmmm.. something's not quite right here... Back it off, try to fit it on again....

Turns out - the Recoil had an OptiFit 2 hosel while the SH head apparently uses a newer OptiFit 3 ...

Who knew??!!??

D'OH!

Honestly I'm not sure I could have told you that there were different OptiFit hosels... so I can't blame you.

at least it's a pretty easy process to swap it out! 

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

16 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Parted the er5 out selling the head, adapter, and shaft separate and have a new TM FCG putter headed my way.

I’m also thinking about picking up an evnroll 8.3 and having a midlock conversion done on it. 

Did you sell the ER5 yet?

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

44 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Did you sell the ER5 yet?

I did. Actually parted it out by selling the head, adapter and shaft seperately. Doing that allowed me to give a new member a good deal on the head. Shipped the head straight to Evnroll for him to get a midlock conversion done. 

• Like 6

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

I did. Actually parted it out by selling the head, adapter and shaft seperately. Doing that allowed me to give a new member a good deal on the head. Shipped the head straight to Evnroll for him to get a midlock conversion done. 

Damn I saw this to late 😪 Glad someone on the site is getting it though!

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸