Jump to content

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)


hckymeyer

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, richk9holes said:

Oo, oo buy the DCB 4-w and trade the 4-5 to me to make my 6-aw a combo set.

I have a DCB 5 iron that I am not really using. Was considering trading it in to CPO.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Making their debut today and I’m hopeful. Multiple efforts on a shoe with extra room in the toe yet doesn’t slip on the heel 

Relaxed fit seems to be the charm 

 

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

DriverPING G425 Max
Woods- PING G 3w, Sub70 pro 4w, 
Callaway UW 19*, TourEdge C721 22* 
Irons- XXIO X

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw 

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Interested in an in-depth review of  the Callaway Paradym driver? Click ➡️ here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Making their debut today and I’m hopeful. Multiple efforts on a shoe with extra room in the toe yet doesn’t slip on the heel 

Relaxed fit seems to be the charm 

 

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

No luck with Sketchers, wish I did they are cushy but they did not give enough lateral support for me.

 Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

 Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Making their debut today and I’m hopeful. Multiple efforts on a shoe with extra room in the toe yet doesn’t slip on the heel 

Relaxed fit seems to be the charm 

 

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

Nice! i'm on my 4th pair.  I currently have 1 spikeless and 1 spike.  Best golf shoes ever, 

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After taking on a big task for my pro he paid me back with some new PXG Gen 6 Black irons with Accra 70i shafts.  I had them bent to 4 degree gaps starting at 46* because that is what I have played for the the last 20 years.  I think these me be the sexiest looking irons I have ever seen and the feel is to die for.  The fitting experience from PXG was awesome.  I was playing Gen 3 irons from my previous fitting at Club Champion.  The 6 added yards on average is nice and the overall playability of these irons are awesome!

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Rechromed and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54* & Renegar RxF  58*

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

I will try out a 5 wood this spring 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

 

PXL_20230518_032355865.jpg.02a585331acee463b70bfb3339e5afde.jpg

 

Customizations done by Sick Sticks Golf in Northern WI (seriously, give them a follow on IG) - they ordered the wedges direct from Titleist, did the customizations, and then shipped them to me. 

 

... I really love those white/green A-A-Ron NY Jets ferrules on two of your wedges!  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 Max 10.5* ... Graphite Design AD-IZr
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:  Custom EV 5.1  33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Well, they're here. And they're awesome. Ended up swapping out the Golden Bell ferrules for things that match a little better (still all BB&F -- had a single Green/Gold ferrule from a past mix-pack, so threw that on the 46; bought new Black/White/Green ferrules for the others). Naturally, just like my T100S test, I picked up the fully-built clubs on the way to the course, so didn't get good pics before using them for 9 holes...but here goes: 

The one quick pre-round photo: 

image.png.6adacd70b1d570a0cb76d5d5ba9afcb5.png

And some close-ups for the full build: 

PXL_20230518_032355865.jpg.02a585331acee463b70bfb3339e5afde.jpg

PXL_20230518_032623845.jpg.875ab451727b0e3b51ef32ce60bfd11f.jpgPXL_20230518_032720073.jpg.bd16cade528d0adc0d94af615f51438f.jpg

Customizations done by Sick Sticks Golf in Northern WI (seriously, give them a follow on IG) - they ordered the wedges direct from Titleist, did the customizations, and then shipped them to me. Upcharge for the customization (vs. same build bought and shipped direct from Titleist) was $75 for one of them, $65 for each of the other two (they would have reassembled the clubs for that same price, but I had the green shafts, so they left them apart and sent me the shafts too). The Kenny was a net new thing for them; the other two they've done the prints before (minus the quote). 

These are absolutely gorgeous 😍! I love the gucci'ed clubs you see now, and these are certainly on that list. I will definitely give these guys a follow and maybe even a call haha

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

 PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Picked up a few things today. 
 

Groove it Brush-no clue why I waited so long

MicroFiber towel

2-dozen more Vice Pro Soft balls

Ping Glide 4.0 54* E Grind wedge. Messed around with it today and unless it turns to crap the next time out it will replace the Zipcore with BGT shaft in the bag. 

 

 

 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

 :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

               :ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

               :ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

              :EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another iron demo - but first, a note: I did, in fact, recently go for an iron fitting and it was bad bad bad. But that's a whole 'nuthah story....

So coming my way is....

* Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal 7i

Checked the specs vs what I'm playing now, and what I've demoed and what I (..think i) know works for me, and ended up standard everything. Including an available stock shaft - a Recoil model that I've used and like! Only change was the grip - I like the CP2 Wrap (blue) with +2 extra wraps underneath.

Ordered from TGW; one of the sites that allows customizations plus selection of set make-up.

So how did I pick this, you may be about to ask?

1. During that bad bad bad fitting this was the club head that felt the best and gave me the best result. (No, was not going to order from that fitter. Period.)

2. Thanks to @azstu324 for reminding me about Maltby irons .. which in turn reminded me about the Maltby Playability Factor, or MPF .. which is a numeric rating of the forgiveness, or playability, of an iron head.

(.. if you're not familiar with this, go to golfworks dotcom and search "MPF" .. you'll find a link to download the current PDF of everything they've tested to date..)

So I looked up what I've been playing and demoing, and also looked up all the other 2023 models currently rated in both the SGI and GI categories (Maltby's own ranking) .. and in a big surprise to me the Hot Metals are much higher on the SGI/GI scale vs everything else!

Way higher - 805 vs 634 for the Gen 5 XPs (Gen 6 n/a; using this as a proxy for my 0211s which are not rated either) - which is a pretty big difference, and imho worth a few $ to get to try it on my own time outside in the real world 👍

(.. results tbd...)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Demo Stealth 4h Ventus red shaft.

Simplifying the top of the bag further. Fixed at 22° between the 3h and 5h I traded for it. Also ditched the old trusty 4w, going to use my 917 f2 3w at 16.5°.

Traded the 3 clubs basically even for it. Paid about $15+tax

20230518_210957.jpg

20230518_211050.jpg

20230518_211104.jpg

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are great deals on Wilson Lauchpad 2 new heads for all hybrids and woods for $50 shipped. I just got my 7 wood in the mail and the epoxy is drying. Looks way better in person. Ill update with some pics when its dry.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385479501401

Driver Adams Idea with with Ventus Red TR stiff

3 Wood : Honma TR21 Big LB 14* w Fujikura Motore F1 70 Stiff

7 Wood: Great Big Bertha B23 w Adila RIP Gamma 60 stiff

5 Hybrid : Honma TW XP-1 25* w Vizard 65 stiff

Utility Iron: Honma TR21x 5 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

52* / 58* Vokey SM7 w Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter: Bettinardi BB1 

Sun Mountain C130 Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Another iron demo - but first, a note: I did, in fact, recently go for an iron fitting and it was bad bad bad. But that's a whole 'nuthah story....

So coming my way is....

* Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal 7i

Checked the specs vs what I'm playing now, and what I've demoed and what I (..think i) know works for me, and ended up standard everything. Including an available stock shaft - a Recoil model that I've used and like! Only change was the grip - I like the CP2 Wrap (blue) with +2 extra wraps underneath.

Ordered from TGW; one of the sites that allows customizations plus selection of set make-up.

So how did I pick this, you may be about to ask?

1. During that bad bad bad fitting this was the club head that felt the best and gave me the best result. (No, was not going to order from that fitter. Period.)

2. Thanks to @azstu324 for reminding me about Maltby irons .. which in turn reminded me about the Maltby Playability Factor, or MPF .. which is a numeric rating of the forgiveness, or playability, of an iron head.

(.. if you're not familiar with this, go to golfworks dotcom and search "MPF" .. you'll find a link to download the current PDF of everything they've tested to date..)

So I looked up what I've been playing and demoing, and also looked up all the other 2023 models currently rated in both the SGI and GI categories (Maltby's own ranking) .. and in a big surprise to me the Hot Metals are much higher on the SGI/GI scale vs everything else!

Way higher - 805 vs 634 for the Gen 5 XPs (Gen 6 n/a; using this as a proxy for my 0211s which are not rated either) - which is a pretty big difference, and imho worth a few $ to get to try it on my own time outside in the real world 👍

(.. results tbd...)

I am in the process of ordering the JPX923 HM 6i-GW w/ Recoil 460 ESX F3 thru my club.  These based on a pretty exhaustive fitting process that consistently gave me the best carry and rpm numbers.

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2023 at 8:09 AM, Tpoole22 said:

Finally pulled the trigger and picked up a paradym 3 wood. First time I've done a fitting for a fairway wood and actually found one that I can get up in the air and have good spin/distance numbers with.

I'd be excited to see one of those in action,great buy! If they hit like the driver, they must be money

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Another iron demo - but first, a note: I did, in fact, recently go for an iron fitting and it was bad bad bad. But that's a whole 'nuthah story....

So coming my way is....

* Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal 7i

Checked the specs vs what I'm playing now, and what I've demoed and what I (..think i) know works for me, and ended up standard everything. Including an available stock shaft - a Recoil model that I've used and like! Only change was the grip - I like the CP2 Wrap (blue) with +2 extra wraps underneath.

Ordered from TGW; one of the sites that allows customizations plus selection of set make-up.

So how did I pick this, you may be about to ask?

1. During that bad bad bad fitting this was the club head that felt the best and gave me the best result. (No, was not going to order from that fitter. Period.)

2. Thanks to @azstu324 for reminding me about Maltby irons .. which in turn reminded me about the Maltby Playability Factor, or MPF .. which is a numeric rating of the forgiveness, or playability, of an iron head.

(.. if you're not familiar with this, go to golfworks dotcom and search "MPF" .. you'll find a link to download the current PDF of everything they've tested to date..)

So I looked up what I've been playing and demoing, and also looked up all the other 2023 models currently rated in both the SGI and GI categories (Maltby's own ranking) .. and in a big surprise to me the Hot Metals are much higher on the SGI/GI scale vs everything else!

Way higher - 805 vs 634 for the Gen 5 XPs (Gen 6 n/a; using this as a proxy for my 0211s which are not rated either) - which is a pretty big difference, and imho worth a few $ to get to try it on my own time outside in the real world 👍

(.. results tbd...)

If it helps you gauge the MPF of your 0211’s, they comp pretty closely to the the Ping I210’s and AP2 irons and in between the PXG P and XP. The XP are more like the G and T300’s

I’m assuming the Tour Edge E series irons didn’t work out very well?

BTW I’m going broke down here not being able to play because of my Achilles strain. In the past couple of weeks I’ve bought two new RTX Zipcore wedges, a E722 51* G wedge and a E722 3 wood.

I’ve also ordered and returned a CBX Zipcore 52*, an RTX Zipcore 56* and a Rogue ST 3 wood (CPO that came with the wrong shaft and a demo grip) without even hitting any of them. 🤯

I think I might have to give my iPad to my neighbor until I feel better. 🤷‍♂️

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

                     :callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

                     :cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

                    :OnCore: Elixir 

                    :1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

If it helps you gauge the MPF of your 0211’s, they comp pretty closely to the the Ping I210’s and AP2 irons and in between the PXG P and XP. The XP are more like the G and T300’s

I’m assuming the Tour Edge E series irons didn’t work out very well?

BTW I’m going broke down here not being able to play because of my Achilles strain. In the past couple of weeks I’ve bought two new RTX Zipcore wedges, a E722 51* G wedge and a E722 3 wood.

I’ve also ordered and returned a CBX Zipcore 52*, an RTX Zipcore 56* and a Rogue ST 3 wood (CPO that came with the wrong shaft and a demo grip) without even hitting any of them. 🤯

I think I might have to give my iPad to my neighbor until I feel better. 🤷‍♂️

In my (very weak) defense, the two RTX Zipcore wedges will replace two 6 yo original CBX wedges, and the 15* E722 3W will hopefully give me a few more yards than my 7yo M2 HL 16:5* (my 18* hybrid goes almost as far). As for the E722 51* GW? This one was just a shot in the dark. My buddy went with this club and loves it.
So…. with the 30 day no questions asked return policy Tour Edge has, both of these purchases were… why nots?

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

                     :callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

                     :cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

                    :OnCore: Elixir 

                    :1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

In my (very weak) defense, the two RTX Zipcore wedges will replace two 6 yo original CBX wedges, and the 15* E722 3W will hopefully give me a few more yards than my 7yo M2 HL 16:5* (my 18* hybrid goes almost as far). As for the E722 51* GW? This one was just a shot in the dark. My buddy went with this club and loves it.
So…. with the 30 day no questions asked return policy Tour Edge has, both of these purchases were… why nots?

Tour Edge is great.  My wife’s driver cracked they replaced no problem and her TE bag ripped in a weird area.  After exchanging pictures and they were satisfied it was a defect a new bag was shipped.

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Tour Edge is great.  My wife’s driver cracked they replaced no problem and her TE bag ripped in a weird area.  After exchanging pictures and they were satisfied it was a defect a new bag was shipped.

They were never on my radar until a local fitter down here began putting a few guys I know into their clubs. The E722 irons kicked my PXGs out of my bag right away. I absolutely love them.

I put a big scar on the face of the 7 iron when I caught a rock just underneath the surface of a fairway bunker during my second round with them. I mentioned it when I called to order a 5i, and they told me just send it back, they’d replace it.

The 30 day return policy is great, but their life time warranty is even better. That’s incredible.

The one issue I have with them is their lack of LH options. ( what else is new?) They only make 3&5 woods and a 3hybrid in LH, which is really strange. A part of me understands the FW thing, but why would you even bother making a hybrid for us if you’re only going to offer a 19*?

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

                     :callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

                     :cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

                    :OnCore: Elixir 

                    :1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

They were never on my radar until a local fitter down here began putting a few guys I know into their clubs. The E722 irons kicked my PXGs out of my bag right away. I absolutely love them.

I put a big scar on the face of the 7 iron when I caught a rock just underneath the surface of a fairway bunker during my second round with them. I mentioned it when I called to order a 5i, and they told me just send it back, they’d replace it.

The 30 day return policy is great, but their life time warranty is even better. That’s incredible.

The one issue I have with them is their lack of LH options. ( what else is new?) They only make 3&5 woods and a 3hybrid in LH, which is really strange. A part of me understands the FW thing, but why would you even bother making a hybrid for us if you’re only going to offer a 19*?

Agree they are a little weak on the LH line and it’s impossible to demo TE in this area so I really don’t look at them.  
I think I have a LH 4 or 5 TE hybrid in garage but the PXG 0311XF kicked them and my Cally 5hy Steelhead out of the bag. 

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Agree they are a little weak on the LH line and it’s impossible to demo TE in this area so I really don’t look at them.  
I think I have a LH 4 or 5 TE hybrid in garage but the PXG 0311XF kicked them and my Cally 5hy Steelhead out of the bag. 

I’m not an expert, obviously, but the fitter down here said the Exotics line  is on an entirely different level than the less expensive line they also offer, so I’m not surprised the PXG hybrids were better.
I loved the Steelhead hybrids though. They were really good, so you going to the XF over it says a lot.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

                     :callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

                     :cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

                    :OnCore: Elixir 

                    :1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m not an expert, obviously, but the fitter down here said the Exotics line  is on an entirely different level than the less expensive line they also offer, so I’m not surprised the PXG hybrids were better.
I loved the Steelhead hybrids though. They were really good, so you going to the XF over it says a lot.

I still have the Steelhead, never let that go!  Had that hybrid for a while , needs a good retirement 😁

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rickp said:

I still have the Steelhead, never let that go!  Had that hybrid for a while , needs a good retirement 😁

So far everything I’ve tried or bought from PXG has exceeded my expectations.

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

So far everything I’ve tried or bought from PXG has exceeded my expectations.

I don’t want to be an I told you so, but if you recall buddy… I told you so… 😜

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

                     :callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

                     :cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

                    :OnCore: Elixir 

                    :1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Grand Stranded said:

I don’t want to be an I told you so, but if you recall buddy… I told you so… 😜

Yup, you did👍
But I’m Irish/minor German so stubborn is part of my DNA. 😁

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a set of COBRA KING LTDX ONE LENGTH IRONS 5-PW, GW GRAPHITE KBS PGI SENIOR 1* UPRIGHT out for delivery this morning.  I will be doing a review of my thoughts on these puppies once I have a few licks with em. 💣

 

CobraIronsSingleLength.jpg

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I have a set of COBRA KING LTDX ONE LENGTH IRONS 5-PW, GW GRAPHITE KBS PGI SENIOR 1* UPRIGHT out for delivery this morning.  I will be doing a review of my thoughts on these puppies once I have a few licks with em. 💣

 

CobraIronsSingleLength.jpg

Awesome!

welcome to the one length club OG!

Bryson and I have been waiting for you 😉

Enjoy the new sticks

DriverPING G425 Max
Woods- PING G 3w, Sub70 pro 4w, 
Callaway UW 19*, TourEdge C721 22* 
Irons- XXIO X

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw 

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Interested in an in-depth review of  the Callaway Paradym driver? Click ➡️ here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Awesome!

welcome to the one length club OG!

Bryson and I have been waiting for you 😉

Enjoy the new sticks

Looking forward to it! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

a couple of weeks ago I had posted about having the opportunity to hit a coworker’s Titleist TSR3 and I really liked it. I told myself several times that I DO NOT need a new driver

 

... If there is one person golfers rarely if ever listen to it is ... "myself". 🤪  That said, great driver and good luck with it. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 Max 10.5* ... Graphite Design AD-IZr
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:  Custom EV 5.1  33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...