What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

It isn't something I have purchased, but received 5 new Arccos sensors in the mail today! I had gone through and re-calibrated my sesnors (I normally do each season) and had 4 that for sure were not working and a 5th that was suspect. A quick email to Arccos and they sent me out 5 new ones to put in. Keeping in mind I bought these sensors close to 2 years ago and it was really no fuss whatsoever I am really impressed and just can't wait to get out and start recording some rounds.  

• Like 8

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

1 minute ago, Apolloshowl said:

It isn't something I have purchased, but received 5 new Arccos sensors in the mail today! I had gone through and re-calibrated my sesnors (I normally do each season) and had 4 that for sure were not working and a 5th that was suspect. A quick email to Arccos and they sent me out 5 new ones to put in. Keeping in mind I bought these sensors close to 2 years ago and it was really no fuss whatsoever I am really impressed and just can't wait to get out and start recording some rounds.  

Their customer support is awsome. They sent me 1 for my 4 iron no questions asked a few weeks back after re-pairing. My 3W isnt picking up shots right now either so I may be sending another email. 5⭐ for their CS.

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

10 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

That's awesome. I just got an offer a few days ago to get 5 new ones for $40 (after shipping). Not sure if that was just an offer to everyone, or if they actually read my recent post-round feedback or just sensed that mine were getting old (started using them back in 2017) -- either way, it's not a bad price for replacements after 4 years, especially considering I never needed to pay yearly for Caddie. 

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Right now only 4 putters and 9 pairs of golf shoes.   Getting ready to order a 5th putter.

Honestly I would have expected your numbers to be higher!  How long have you had these putters, or how long does one tend to stay in the bag before you demo something else?

• Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

4 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Honestly I would have expected your numbers to be higher!  How long have you had these putters, or how long does one tend to stay in the bag before you demo something else?

NeverCompromise #2 15 years, just can't seem to give that one up

PING Tyne 4-2 years

TM My Spider X 1 year

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5  Since last week

In actuality it's really 2 in the rotation right now, I love the NC but haven't putted with it much other than some at home practice on the ExPutt last year.  It's more of a nostalgia thing. 

Generally they last longer than irons or drivers, but there are so many putters out there right now that I putt well with, it's a toss up. The PING or Spider, I could take either one out and feel very confident with it. The 11.5 I'm sure will be the same, I just haven't taken it out for a round yet.

• Like 8

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

10 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Exotics David Glod Tour Series Putter Black Finish

To deliver the ultimate in feel and touch, the putters are entirely CNC milled from a solid block of carbon steel. The milled X-grip face pattern provides unprecedented feel and control on the green and reduces skidding. The responsive, pure feel and feedback of the face design translates to incredible accuracy and touch. In addition, each putter has a hand-rolled leading edge ensuring that each stroke glides smoothly through the ball, even in the longer grass on the fringe.

Plus, the five tour-inspired designs feature a high-toe profile which eliminates the tendency to raise the toe at address, causing putts to go left of the hole. Further enhancing the setup, the Exotics David Glod Tour Series putters feature a True Temper stepless steel shaft that provides a clean appearance at address and a responsive feel.

SPEEDZONE Big Tour Fairway

The SPEEDZONE Big Tour fairway features a larger shape, a stronger loft, forward weighting, and near zero CG to create the best combination of high launch and low spin to deliver extreme distance.

Whoa! Those exotics putters look interesting. I’d give one a roll to see how they feel. But the ER2B isn’t going anywhere in my bag. I rolled In putts of   16, 21, 24, and 26 feet at blissful on Sunday. I just love this distance control I have with that one. 

I didnt hit the big tour fairway at my fitting. Are you thinking of having that replace your current fairway or more of a strategic tee club?

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

20 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Whoa! Those exotics putters look interesting. I’d give one a roll to see how they feel. But the ER2B isn’t going anywhere in my bag. I rolled In putts of   16, 21, 24, and 26 feet at blissful on Sunday. I just love this distance control I have with that one. 

I didnt hit the big tour fairway at my fitting. Are you thinking of having that replace your current fairway or more of a strategic tee club?

Plan is to replace the current fwy - Cobra F7 set to 15*

this is a 13.5 degree.
Looking for an off the tee club that doesn't go quite as far as driver and a club to use from the fw to reach par 5 in 2.

We'll see how it works... getting delivered today.

• Like 4

(D) G410 LST | (3) SpeedZone Big Tour | (5) TM Sim Max | (H) Titleist 818 H2 | (I) Z785 | (W) ZipCore | (P) Cleveland Premier HB 11

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Right now only 4 putters and 9 pairs of golf shoes.   Getting ready to order a 5th putter.

4 putters is definitely not enough, not that you’re back looking forward to a great year 👍

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

54 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

PING Tyne 4-2 years

TM My Spider X 1 year

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5  Since last week

In actuality it's really 2 in the rotation right now, I love the NC but haven't putted with it much other than some at home practice on the ExPutt last year.  It's more of a nostalgia thing. 

Generally they last longer than irons or drivers, but there are so many putters out there right now that I putt well with, it's a toss up. The PING or Spider, I could take either one out and feel very confident with it. The 11.5 I'm sure will be the same, I just haven't taken it out for a round yet.

Never Compromise was a very good putter!

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Just now, Rickp said:

Never Compromise was a very good putter!

It STILL is 🙂   Rumor has it the brand may be revitalized.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Just now, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It STILL is 🙂   Rumor has it the brand may be revitalized.  

Hope so, I had a great LH and a teaching pro “borrowed” it and never got it back.

that’s OK he is childhood friend and did a lot for me.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

image.png.bebdb2f4f0105828fb1c4b413b35608e.png

I'm technically at 12 putters, but "only 6 count" (i.e. I'd likely only game 6 of them, even though 9-10 are technically course-ready). 6 of them have some tie to Guerin Rife - have loved his designs since the original Rife, and feel semi-loyal (loyalty climbed when I sent a question about authenticity of a Guerin Tour Spec a couple years ago, and he personally responded to explain the slight differences I was seeing). The list:

• 3 are more novelty (father-in-law's vintage garage sale find, a Golf Gods ****, and a Gilmore)
  • 2 are nostalgic (Tour Model 1520 that was my first near-adult-sized putter; original Rife 2Bar)
  • 1 I need to get rid of (Ping Sigma G Tyne that was a laughable raffle prize in a scramble last year - came used and possibly damaged 😂 need to verify lie/loft before trying to sell)
  • 3 EVNRolls: ER5B, ER10, and a Tour Stroke Blade (gameable, but technically a trainer)
  • 2 Guerin Tour Spec: 1 mallet and 1 blade
  • 1 Mizuno M-Craft II Blue Ion (posted here a couple weeks ago)

Shoes...I actually walked over to the golf corner of my basement to count, then walked away - I kinda don't want to know. Similar to putters, I have a few that didn't work for me that I need to offload, I just haven't done it yet. 

I had a Never Compromise Sub 30 S2 since HS/college (don't remember the year, but somewhere in the early '00s) -- I just let a friend take it off my hands a couple months back. It was really hard to let that one go.

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

On 5/1/2021 at 8:23 PM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Soo... How many putters is too many? 😬 Or shoes? 

The right number is n + 1, where is the number that you currently own. 😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

30 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

The right number is n + 1, where is the number that you currently own. 😂

I’d say n + 2 as you can always use one more putter but 2 more is too many. 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I just got back from Dicks after picking up a SuperPoke 3.0 for my Tommy Armour Impact No. 2 Wide Blade.  I also bagged a Ping 2021 Fetch Putter.   Putter hoism is alive and well! 💣  I've been trying putters and then selling them on Marketplace to cover some of my hoism costs. 

I love the Fetch... One day I will own one. It is such a awesome putter and love everything from the adjustability in length, to the grip, feel and shape. 

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Epic Speed 4W (16.5*) with Project X Cypher 50

Been looking at this for a while and finally just walked into the store and grabbed one OTR (and finally used the generous gift card from my honey from Christmas). Brought Mrs. Surfdude along for us to look at ladies' SGI sets - which we really did (REALLY!!) - and then being the good spouse/golf partner she is she went browsing and picked up a few new clothes in fun Spring colors for herself 🙂 

So I chose the Speed head over the Max as this has a slightly taller face, and I pretty much only use this club off the tee. Interestingly the stock length is the same as the 3W, but my thinking is I can always use a little more loft .. especially if I ever start to try to hit the thing from an actual fairway. And I can trim, say, 1/4-1/2" if I change grips from the stock Tour Velvet Align (not sure if I like it). 

It got its first trial run yesterday, and while my ball striking was kinda meh this club + shaft combo definitely wants to send the ball .. there's a nice Jailbreak-assist pop off the face, even at my moderate swing speed, and the shaft feels nice and smooth with a little kick at impact, also really helping launch the ball. 

* Recommendation to other moderate swing speed or other starting-to-get-a-little-older dudes -- try the PX Cypher!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Hmmm 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Footjoy hyper flex shoes. Saw they were the most comfortable of the 21 spiked shoes and had some other high markings so I’ll give them a nice shot.

• Like 5
  • Love 1