Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

3 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

was on a mission to change out my irons on Monday; the mp54 are really really nice but I'm just not consistent enough with them and am lacking a little distance.

there's a store around us called The Golfer's Warehouse and they always have tons of used sets for sale. I've been fit so many times I know what to look for on the sim and am able to figure it out pretty quickly.

They did not disappoint. There were probably 30-40 different used sets in there and the store was pretty quiet so I was able to test a lot of them. The good thing is there was a wide variety of shafts as well.

I tried p790, zx7, a couple mizunos, pxg, ping, callaway, etc. and I was shocked at what I ended up with.

A set of Honma TR20p with Modus 105 stiff in 4-11 (yes, there's a 10 and 11 iron in the set).

From 4i down I was getting the right distance and dispersion and the feel was fantastic. I know they're 'stronger lofted', etc. but that's what I was looking for. It's about a club difference from what I'm currently at and I really needed the 4 and 5 at the top of the bag to fill in my gaps.

Haven't had a round with them but they are in great shape and am looking forward to getting them out there.

Happy 4th! 🎆 🇺🇸

Pics?? 👀

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)

-TJ

I finally bought a modern set of irons! Sub70 699 pro 6-PW. Got them used on their site for one hell of a deal. Got a quick fitting to identify my specs and just happened to find these that were a very close match. Can’t wait to get them in the mail!IMG_0823.jpeg.13247865973cc155520035a25c8a40b5.jpeg

Edited by aguybadatgolf

Tester for PingS159 Wedges

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° with UST Mamiya LIN-Q Gunmetal - X

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100 (+1", 3° Upright) - X 

Wedges - :callaway-logo-1: 50° Jaws MD5, :callaway-logo-1: 54° Jaws MD5, :titleist-small: 58° Vokey SM8 

Putter - :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #2 Bronze , :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter (Trying something new), 🦓 Zebra Golf AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro (depends on what I can get a deal on) 

2 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

IMG_2703.jpeg.14038143dcf69bcaf70f1f03a6d83e04.jpeg

IMG_2702.jpeg.14ca4d13084ecda0951b5f0a14038be7.jpeg

Drenching rain today so photo opportunities are limited 

Are the 10 & 11 lofted similar to a PW and GW?

WITB:

D: TBD ??? 🤔

3w: :callaway-small: Paradym ♦️♦️♦️15° Hzrdus 6.0

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

4u:   :titleist-small:  T200 Utility Build 24° Hzrdus 6.0

5i:  :titleist-small: T200 25° Recoil 110 f4

6i-PW: :srixon-small: Z 765 28°-46° N.S Pro 1050 gh S

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: Toulon Designs Atlanta

Ball:  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Bag:  Jones Trouper R stand bag 

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

2 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Are the 10 & 11 lofted similar to a PW and GW?

Correct 

My understanding is that these are Japanese forgings

Can’t wait for someone to ask me what club I hit and tell them my 11 😆

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

7 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

A set of Honma TR20p with Modus 105 stiff in 4-11 (yes, there's a 10 and 11 iron in the set).

From 4i down I was getting the right distance and dispersion and the feel was fantastic. I know they're 'stronger lofted', etc. but that's what I was looking for. It's about a club difference from what I'm currently at and I really needed the 4 and 5 at the top of the bag to fill in my gaps.

Haven't had a round with them but they are in great shape and am looking forward to getting them out there.

I've been playing the TR20V for a few years now and like you when I hit them I knew they were going to end up in the bag and I have no desire to replace them.  Nice pickup.  

3 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Correct 

Yep, Japanese forgings made for the US market. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Correct 

Nice. They are pretty, hit them well!

WITB:

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

17 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Drenching rain today so photo opportunities are limited

... My last two May's in Chicago they set records for rainfall. Most courses couldn't cut the rough it was so wet and I probably only got in about 7 rounds the entire month. I thought if I never saw ☔ again I would be a happy man. Now I live in a desert and it's been 4 months sine we had any so I wish for rain everyday. 🙄

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

4 hours ago, Fred Mitchell said:

Factory Ping adapters are unobtanium and I am leery of aftermarket adapters, are these really just the same adjustment wise and just as good as factory?  And I am just guessing but the sanding upgrade is roughing up the surface of the inside of the adapter for a better epoxy adhesion ?

You can find Ping adapters as Chisag indicated.   I've used aftermarket adapters before and they worked fine.  You can find adapters on a variety of sites with a simple google search and based on reviews some are better than others.  

I assume the same thing as use about the sanding upgrade.   I do sand the inside of the adapters that I install just to ensure the inside surface is clean.  I figure it can''t hurt to rough the surface a little.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hit balls today and wore sneakers thanks to the heel pain I have had for six months. Unfortunately the plantar fasciitis is back for the first time since I stopped playing football and in sneakers had no pain. I now own two pairs of Skechers golf shoes with arch support. Tell me you are getting old without telling me you are getting old!!!

as an aside I get to sleep with a boot on my foot for the next six weeks 🤦‍♂️

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

4 hours ago, Fred Mitchell said:

Factory Ping adapters are unobtanium and I am leery of aftermarket adapters, are these really just the same adjustment wise and just as good as factory?  And I am just guessing but the sanding upgrade is roughing up the surface of the inside of the adapter for a better epoxy adhesion ?

I've only bought adapters from China because of the cost as I get 2 or 3 for the cost of one from the USA, I give a minute rub inside with my wire brush and never had a problem and I've tried all the major brand driver's 😎 it's pure economics for me and a necessity or I don't get to change my golfing clubs. And no one has come back to me with a broken adapter 👍

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

52 minutes ago, cnosil said:

You can find Ping adapters as Chisag indicated.   I've used aftermarket adapters before and they worked fine.  You can find adapters on a variety of sites with a simple google search and based on reviews some are better than others.  

I assume the same thing as use about the sanding upgrade.   I do sand the inside of the adapters that I install just to ensure the inside surface is clean.  I figure it can''t hurt to rough the surface a little.  

Amazon is the king. I get most of my club building stuff from them. Whatever adapter has the best price works. Have purchased Ping, PXG, Titleist and Callaway with no issues. 

WITB 2024

12 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Hit balls today and wore sneakers thanks to the heel pain I have had for six months. Unfortunately the plantar fasciitis is back for the first time since I stopped playing football and in sneakers had no pain. I now own two pairs of Skechers golf shoes with arch support. Tell me you are getting old without telling me you are getting old!!!

Yeah getting old sucks 😔 I'm having problems with my right ankle when I lift my toes up, sharp pain in the joint but once I'm walking it's ok plus I get it while resting in bed reading 😀

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Amazon is the king. I get most of my club building stuff from them. Whatever adapter has the best price works. Have purchased Ping, PXG, Titleist and Callaway with no issues. 

I like using ebay because of their 100% money back guarantee, I do that because I'm so far away in NZ 🙃

4 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Yeah getting old sucks 😔 I'm having problems with my right ankle when I lift my toes up, sharp pain in the joint but once I'm walking it's ok plus I get it while resting in bed reading 😀

Both my knees have been “rebuilt” and my ankles as well. And heck I am only 46. 

WITB 2024

25 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Getting old isn't fun.  

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Getting old isn't fun.  

It sucks. Almost want to talk my son out of contact sports right now. This last month has been brutal my feet, ankles, knees and shoulder. When I turn 50 I may become the bionic man. 

WITB 2024

18 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

It sucks. Almost want to talk my son out of contact sports right now. This last month has been brutal my feet, ankles, knees and shoulder. When I turn 50 I may become the bionic man. 

I guess I am fortunate that I never did any contact sports other than little league;  none in high school.   

Jumped on a deal from Short Par 4…..or SP4Text

cap, shirt, shorts, tees & ball mark for under $50.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I guess I am fortunate that I never did any contact sports other than little league;  none in high school.   

Football until my late 20’s and baseball until 40 have taken their toll. It has been a quick slide. My son is 17 and the amount of work he gets on his back before and after a football game is alarming. Had the very brief conversation and he is still playing. He knows my ailments from the grind and made his choice I guess. 

WITB 2024

3 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Both my knees have been “rebuilt” and my ankles as well. And heck I am only 46. 

I see your 2 knees and 1 ankle and I raise I neck surgery and steel plate, 2 back surgeries, 1 hip replacement plus nerve damage scattered all over lol. but I am 61

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

15 minutes ago, Fred Mitchell said:

I see your 2 knees and 1 ankle and I raise I neck surgery and steel plate, 2 back surgeries, 1 hip replacement plus nerve damage scattered all over lol. but I am 61

On my 3rd ACL in my left knee,2nd on my right knee, both ankles reconstructed, right shoulder reconstruction after a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum and two disc surgeries on my back…all before I hit 30. My first ACL surgery was at 14 and have had the PCL and MCL in both knees repaired. Add to it no cartilage left in my left knee and about 20% in the right knee.  At 50 I get two new knees and a new left hip which is collateral damage from everything else. At 46 I am now starting to feel the pain of stupidity in my youth. There should have been no doctor in the world that cleared me to play football in college but we found him apparently. Now I pay the price of that questionable decision. 

WITB 2024

A used Callaway Rogue ST Max LS off of CPO for a song. I want to compare it to my gamer, the Rogue ST TD LS. If it’s better great, if it’s not then I have a nephew with a birthday coming up…

WITB:

5 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

On my 3rd ACL in my left knee,2nd on my right knee, both ankles reconstructed, right shoulder reconstruction after a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum and two disc surgeries on my back…all before I hit 30. My first ACL surgery was at 14 and have had the PCL and MCL in both knees repaired. Add to it no cartilage left in my left knee and about 20% in the right knee.  At 50 I get two new knees and a new left hip which is collateral damage from everything else. At 46 I am now starting to feel the pain of stupidity in my youth. There should have been no doctor in the world that cleared me to play football in college but we found him apparently. Now I pay the price of that questionable decision. 

If we were horses they would shoot us. 🤣

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

3 hours ago, Fred Mitchell said:

If we were horses they would shoot us. 🤣

Truth 

WITB 2024

just picked up a Titleist 910H head in 17*...stuck it on a Fuji 65gr EXS shaft, AFTER having to switch the darn adapter.  It's amazing the availability of 8+ year old gear in great shape, that is not only economically the wisest choice, but most often they do just as good a job FOR YOU, as one newer and more costly.

14 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

50? You're a youngster. FYI 70 is the new 50. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Went for a iron fitting on Monday. 

Have a set of Srixon ZX7 mk2 with tour issue x100 coming - supposed to be here in less than 10 days, at least one golf company is having good lead times.

Taylor Made Qi10 LS - 8* set to 6* - Ventus TR black 7x

Taylor Made Qi10 Tour 3 wood - Ventus TR black 8x

Callaway Apex UT 2024 18* - Ventus black HB10TX

Callaway Apex pro 2024 - Project X LS 6.5 4-PW

Callaway Jaws Raw - 50, 54, 58 - project X LS 6.5

Odyssey Jailbird 380 

My lovely wife Kathy gave me a Wilson D9 7-Wood for my birthday/fathers day to go along with the set of D9 irons Santa brought me for Christmas last year. Works like a charm for my 72 year old swing. Out this morning to give a few more whacks.