Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Over the weekend I ordered a PVD FGP to the specs recommended by the online fitting (34.5" long; 70* lie vs. my Ping Anser at 34" long; 68* lie) with the "twist" being that I went for the 120-gram long grip. My intention is to use it as a counter-balanced putter, Viktor Hovland style. Looking forward to giving this approach a try!

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

18 hours ago, G0al3d said:

Just got me a Cleveland RTX Full-Face 58* used from 2nd swing that was essentially brand new, took it to the range/chipping area this morning and I'm loving it. CBX Full-Face2 had a ton of bounce and the super wide sole, any time I tried to lay that club open I was 90% sure i was gonna skull it. Less bounce and a thinner heel is already giving me way more confidence, full shots were as good if not better than the CBX, and I'm loving the heavier weight of the head in RTX. Super stoked I was able to save some $$ and still get an essentially brand new club. Gonna keep the CBX around for awhile just in case I need for soggier days in winter or if I get the yips. 

Gave my son the CBX and kept the RTX full face for me, REALLY like that wedge

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

Went in for a ball fitting the other day , testing out everything from Pro V1, ZstarXV, ChromeSoft X , and Wilson Staff Model  . To my surprise the Wilson Staff Model  out performed the Pro V in my case given a lower spin off the driver and gaining extra 20 yards in carry distance . 

Has anyone else tried or played the Wilson Staff model ? 

Driver : Callaway B21 12°

Hybrid : Mizuno Clk 19°

Putter : Ping PLD Anser 2

Wedges : Titleist Vokey 50,56,60 D grind 12°

Irons : Mizuno JPX921 4-PW

Bag : Ping Traverse 

22 hours ago, Leonvdwesthuizen said:

OMG.. if my wife sees this post....!?!

After stopping for almost 13 yrs, (basically only playing 1 or 2 rounds a year, I finally took the budget plunge and updated my clubs.

Bought a brand new set of Wilson D9 steel irons (not the forged) for $260.

Also my local national golf eq retailer had a promo on a lot of clubs and I got the Taylormade Stealth 9.0 driver for $199 and a WIlson D9 FW for only $100..

Happy so far with the new clubs as I have only been hitting them at the range, but still need to extend the shafts of the irons as I'm 6'3 and need more length.

What do you guys think, bargain?

You did very well from a $ point of view.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

23 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I've been trying to address the gap in my bag between 4h and 6i, as 5i has not really been cutting it the last couple years. I thought maybe a 7w would do the trick. I picked up an Epic Flash 7w with a GD YS-6+ shaft yesterday at Play It Again Sports. The good news is I think I'm going to like it a lot. The bad news, it does not address the gap. I only hit it twice last night, but Arccos says they were 197 and 205. Obviously I need more time with it, but it will likely replace my 3h - I like the ball flight with it. I guess now I'm in the market for a 9w? Either that or I need to figure out my 5i again as I like having it in my bag for punch shots (although I've gotten pretty adept with a 6i).

My 5i and a 27* hybrid get swapped in/out of the bag depending on wind.  Although i hit it very straight, i cant hit the hybrid low so i dont like it in windy conditions.  Thats when the 5i goes in the bag.

Maybe that is a loft you could try?  What is the loft on your 4h, mine is 23*?

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

@Shapotomous, thank you.. lots of research going on when I eventually buy.

Much appreciated!

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - SW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore  52deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

I bought a used MMT 125TX shaft and threw that in my 4 iron last night. Going to try it out today to see if it helps with the wild inconsistency I've had with my irons (with Nippon 1150gh stiff shafts) recently as my swing speed has increased this summer.

Edited by ctg44
  • Callaway Epic Flash Tour Certified - 8.5° with MCA Tensei Raw AV White 70 Gram Tour X - Tipped 1" - Set to -1 / N
  • Titleist 917F3 3W (13.5°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X stiff shaft - D1 setting
  • Titleist TS2 Hybrid (18°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X shaft - A1 setting
  • Taylormade P7MC (2020) Irons - 4-9 (Standard L/L) with Tour Issue X100 Shafts at +1/2"
  • Taylormade MG4 48.09SB TI X100 and 52.09SB / 56.12SB / 60.07LBV wedges with DG TI Onyx Black X100 Shafts
  • Lamkin ST Hybrid grips on all wedges / woods (midsize) / Irons are a TBD (came w/ Standard Tour Velvets)
  • Sik DW (2.0) C Series Putter in black finish (36") with Sik Golf Black Pistol
  • Balls: Mostly Maxfli Tour or OnCore Vero X1 (both white and yellow)

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

My 5i and a 27* hybrid get swapped in/out of the bag depending on wind.  Although i hit it very straight, i cant hit the hybrid low so i dont like it in windy conditions.  Thats when the 5i goes in the bag.

Maybe that is a loft you could try?  What is the loft on your 4h, mine is 23*?

Good point - I hadn't even considered the loft....

My 4h is 23* and the 7w is 21* (currently set to 20* but can also go to 23*)

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Damn. I scored on this obscure Yamaha Wedge

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225782680423

image.png.7ab87b1740fdb0651fa5c5cd964620f5.png

Driver Exotics EXS Pro with with Ventus Red TR stiff

3 Wood :Exotics CBX 15* w Fujikura Motore F1 70 Stiff

7 Wood: Great Big Bertha B23 w Adila RIP Gamma 60 stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w Prolaunch Axis red stiff

Utility Iron: Honma TR21x 5 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

52* / 58* Vokey SM7 w Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter: Sizemore SB2

Sun Mountain C130 Bag

I just got through a two week long nightmare. My clubs were mistaking ly packed with those from a large travel group from the West coast visiting  Myrtle Beach. It took that long to get my clubs back. 😱

in the interim, I decided to fill out a second bag, so I’d never be unable to play for that long ever again.

I already had two sets of wedges (CBX and Zipcores) a 3H and a Yes! putter. I picked up a Cobra Speedzone 21* 4 hybrid on Amazon for $79 new, and got what I think was a steal on eBay from Hurricane Golf (the Sub70 folks)… a new set of Cleveland Launcher XL Halo irons 5-DW for $479.00.
I had a set of these for about 6 months before selling them to a friend. tbh they were good, but not great. At that price though, they’ll be just fine, and I’ll enjoy them during those periods when my swing goes awry.

I took advantage of the 200% trade in offer Callaway had and traded two old (M2 & Mavrik Max FWs for a Paradym 5W. That leaves only a driver to fill out this backup bag.

it dawned on me today that if I can find a deal on another G425 driver, this could end up being one of the all time most forgiving setups ever… G425 driver, Paradym 5W, Cobra 4H, Halos 5-DW, CBX 54* & 58* and putter. 

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

On 9/28/2023 at 7:42 AM, ctg44 said:

I bought a used MMT 125TX shaft and threw that in my 4 iron last night. Going to try it out today to see if it helps with the wild inconsistency I've had with my irons (with Nippon 1150gh stiff shafts) recently as my swing speed has increased this summer.

After 1 (VERY) quick warmup session and a round on the course, I'm liking the MMT 125TX shaft in my 4 iron so far.  I scored a set of 11 shafts, 3, 4-GW and 3 scoring wedge shafts for a stupid low price.  I think after tax and shipping I'll be in for about $32 a shaft.  I might have to extend a few 1/4-1/2", but maybe not...Hopefully they will arrive this weekend so I can build them out before next week when the weather starts to cool down a bit and my schedule at work opens up a bit so I can maybe sneak out in the afternoon to get in an extra round or 2..

Edited by ctg44
  • Callaway Epic Flash Tour Certified - 8.5° with MCA Tensei Raw AV White 70 Gram Tour X - Tipped 1" - Set to -1 / N
  • Titleist 917F3 3W (13.5°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X stiff shaft - D1 setting
  • Titleist TS2 Hybrid (18°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X shaft - A1 setting
  • Taylormade P7MC (2020) Irons - 4-9 (Standard L/L) with Tour Issue X100 Shafts at +1/2"
  • Taylormade MG4 48.09SB TI X100 and 52.09SB / 56.12SB / 60.07LBV wedges with DG TI Onyx Black X100 Shafts
  • Lamkin ST Hybrid grips on all wedges / woods (midsize) / Irons are a TBD (came w/ Standard Tour Velvets)
  • Sik DW (2.0) C Series Putter in black finish (36") with Sik Golf Black Pistol
  • Balls: Mostly Maxfli Tour or OnCore Vero X1 (both white and yellow)

Took advantage of the Calloway double trade in with some of the clubs around and ordered a triple diamond 5 wood. When testing it was giving that 240 carry I was looking for and still had a land angle in the 40 to 45 degree range depending on the shot I was trying to hit. Excited for it to come!

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

I ran across a Paradym driver on FB today and almost pulled the plug on it but couldn't make myself face the wife!  She let me get new irons this year already and a LAB putter so I don't want to push the buttons but at $325 it is tempting!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 minute ago, jdparker said:

I ran across a Paradym driver on FB today and almost pulled the plug on it but couldn't make myself face the wife!  She let me get new irons this year already and a LAB putter so I don't want to push the buttons but at $325 it is tempting!

Not to add to the temptation, but CallawayPreOwned.com now has all the Paradym stuff listed. So if you keep an eye on it, you may find it cheaper when they run their sales.

WITB:

D: TBD ??? 🤔

3w: :callaway-small: Paradym ♦️♦️♦️15° Hzrdus 6.0

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

4u:   :titleist-small:  T200 Utility Build 24° Hzrdus 6.0

5i:  :titleist-small: T200 25° Recoil 110 f4

6i-PW: :srixon-small: Z 765 28°-46° N.S Pro 1050 gh S

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: Toulon Designs Atlanta

Ball:  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Bag:  Jones Trouper R stand bag 

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 minute ago, Ben Joest said:

Not to add to the temptation, but CallawayPreOwned.com now has all the Paradym stuff listed. So if you keep an eye on it, you may find it cheaper when they run their sales.

HAHA!  I'm trying to stay out of trouble!!!  The wife lets me play as much as I want 95% of the time and doesn't give me too much crap when I buy stuff but I know I am walking a fine line here lately on buying golf stuff!  She already deals with it when it comes to fishing stuff.  My only saving grace on that is that I get paid to take people fishing..... lol

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

4 hours ago, jdparker said:

HAHA!  I'm trying to stay out of trouble!!!  The wife lets me play as much as I want 95% of the time and doesn't give me too much crap when I buy stuff but I know I am walking a fine line here lately on buying golf stuff!  She already deals with it when it comes to fishing stuff.  My only saving grace on that is that I get paid to take people fishing..... lol

I work in the golf industry and my wife has no clue how much things really cost. My in laws play and mentioned the cost of new clubs around my wife and her jaw hit the floor. She turned to me and said people actually pay that much for those things? Lucky for me she knows i dont spend that much.

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

5 hours ago, RoyN said:

I work in the golf industry and my wife has no clue how much things really cost. My in laws play and mentioned the cost of new clubs around my wife and her jaw hit the floor. She turned to me and said people actually pay that much for those things? Lucky for me she knows i dont spend that much.

I guess your in-laws have already given you a Christmas gift list! 🤣

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Wasn't really looking for these but it was a garage sale and these low use beauties were ripe for the pickin'...  I haven't cleaned them up yet but the faces are clean. What do you think these are worth? 20230930_160819.jpg.b3c8cfca89cfdfb340cdaf36aa360b5e.jpg20230930_160712.jpg.b16fe047395f7173ba29461257b7f8f5.jpg

No wife, happy life... 😉

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

Getting ready for cold weather golf - saw a Sun Mountain insulated pullover at a stoopit price and a nice midweight Adidas quarter zip also on sale, along with a UA Outlet heavy thermal base layer top & bottom. Love finding deals online!

This Sun Mt pullover looks good .. very light in weight, loose stretchy sleeves and some magic micro fibers in the body are supposed to maintain an optimal warmth and humidity level.

This will def get some course time as I need to make up for missing too many days out there...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

A mini basket ball for a training aid after yesterdays lesson. 🙃

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Ordered my wife a set of Maltby M890 irons. I’m pretty confident the lighter and shorter shafts are going to really help her out. She’s getting ahold of her light-graphite shafted woods off the tee, just struggling with irons. She chokes up quite a bit on her current standard length set, and they are pretty darn heavy. Used the ping static fit chart, and she falls in -1” regular lie.

IMG_1912.jpeg.43ccea6dfa76fd6209ee0d511de78a67.jpeg

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)

-TJ

On 9/30/2023 at 3:39 AM, KC Golf said:

I guess your in-laws have already given you a Christmas gift list! 🤣

Christmas list? Please! Morhers Day, Fathers Day, FiL Birthday always expect something. Heck just this weekend was a request for 6 dozen new balls. I get asked for more freebies than the Sample Lady at Costco on a sunday.

11 hours ago, Byrnzee said:

I regripped my putter at the beginning of this year with a Winn Dri Tac midsize grip. I've always loved the feel of these grips, but after only a few months, it was already wearing down.

I decided to change things up with my next grip and pickup something new from Sweet Rollz. I hadn't heard much about this brand before, but I saw the grip in person and loved the look and feel of it. 

Went with the "Safari" design, which seems to be inspired by the Jordan brand elephant print. Let me know what you think!

IMG_4832.jpeg

IMG_4831.jpeg

IMG_4829.jpeg

Personally prefer the sweet rollz over the Super Stroke grips. Plus they add a touch of flair!

All right y'all, I need some advice!

Because my life is awesome like that sometimes, I find myself in possession of a $700 TaylorMade gift card. I have to use it on the TaylorMade website, but that's the only restriction. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to splash out for the latest and greatest driver, the Stealth 2 HD or get something a little cheaper (like the SIM2 Max) and upgrade my putter too.

For reference my current driver is a 10/12 year old Calloway HyperX; I hit it pretty well and any problems I have are because of my swing, not the club. Putter is whatever PowerBilt was selling in their sets circa 97/98.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

4 minutes ago, NubianRugby said:

Because my life is awesome like that sometimes, I find myself in possession of a $700 TaylorMade gift card. I have to use it on the TaylorMade website, but that's the only restriction. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to splash out for the latest and greatest driver, the Stealth 2 HD or get something a little cheaper (like the SIM2 Max) and upgrade my putter too.

For reference my current driver is a 10/12 year old Calloway HyperX; I hit it pretty well and any problems I have are because of my swing, not the club. Putter is whatever PowerBilt was selling in their sets circa 97/98.

My opinion:  biggest potential gain is with the driver.  I’d try to go to a store and compare.   If you like the current putter, no reason to change.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, NubianRugby said:

I have a SIM 2 Max and love it…don’t think you could go wrong with either.  I did hit a Stealth on a simulator and it is an extremely hit face, the distance was crazy.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

4 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I have a SIM 2 Max and love it…don’t think you could go wrong with either.  I did hit a Stealth on a simulator and it is an extremely hit face, the distance was crazy.

Good info, thanks for weighing in!!

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto