TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

15 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just saw on X (Twitter) that SuperStroke released their Headless Horseman putter grip and since in a huge fan of Halloween, I had to get it. 1000005037-01.jpeg.d36ab6028efc742a18b1aae4c61ca967.jpeg

I picked one up as well! I love spooky season!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

20 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just saw on X (Twitter) that SuperStroke released their Headless Horseman putter grip and since in a huge fan of Halloween, I had to get it. 1000005037-01.jpeg.d36ab6028efc742a18b1aae4c61ca967.jpeg

Is this going into play on the Agera? That thing is 🔥🔥🔥

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

12 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Is this going into play on the Agera? That thing is 🔥🔥🔥

I think it'll eventually go on the Agera, I'm not needing a putter grip at the moment, but I think this will look phenomenal with the green and black colors. Spooky. 

9 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I think it'll eventually go on the Agera, I'm not needing a putter grip at the moment, but I think this will look phenomenal with the green and black colors. Spooky. 

Can't wait to see the photos. That orange is going to POP!

#LeftyGang

Made my first TikTok purchase… 

I’ve had this Barstool sweater bookmarked for a while now, just couldn’t justify the $50 for it. Ended up snagging it for $12 after taxes and shipping. 

IMG_4211.jpeg.9d5b30ea04516a1e4ed0f695653bc903.jpeg

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I've been really struggling with driver accuracy lately and it's kept me from achieving some of my goals which one is shooting my age. My My iron game is the best it's been in like forever, my chipping is getting better and my putting, well need I say more as I have a LAB Mezz Max Broomstick on order.  I pulled an old Odyssey Broomstick out of the closet to become reacquainted with that style of putter so now it's just waiting and chewing on my nails like a  champion hot dog slurper. Soooooo today after a ton of studying up on a potential replacement driver I had a fitting and ended up purchasing a Ping G430 Max Driver.   I hate hitting on those indoor do hickeys however the numbers we were seeing had me drooling like a starving hound in a pork chop factory. 

If any of you are interested I have some interesting stuff on Facebook Marketplace.  If you're interested shoot me a PM  and I'll give you the name so you can help me with my addiction 😉

Edited by ole gray

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Oh hell yea!

743a3a221319bb47e0f9b110ebe33d2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland

17 minutes ago, jdparker said:

So I had an opportunity that I decided to run with.  The wife wanted new running shoes and I ran across a Paradym Driver with Velocore shaft and talked to the guy and traded in my Gen 5 0311 PXG driver and $275.  

20231027_155819.jpg.9ac78eee86dc66d374dd0e42c513d4ce.jpg

With the Ventus 🔥🔥🔥😍 plus that headcover looks SICK

#LeftyGang

23 hours ago, ole gray said:

I've been really struggling with driver accuracy lately and it's kept me from achieving some of my goals which one is shooting my age. My My iron game is the best it's been in like forever, my chipping is getting better and my putting, well need I say more as I have a LAB Mezz Max Broomstick on order.  I pulled an old Odyssey Broomstick out of the closet to become reacquainted with that style of putter so now it's just waiting and chewing on my nails like a  champion hot dog slurper. Soooooo today after a ton of studying up on a potential replacement driver I had a fitting and ended up purchasing a Ping G430 Max Driver.   I hate hitting on those indoor do hickeys however the numbers we were seeing had me drooling like a starving hound in a pork chop factory. 

If any of you are interested I have some interesting stuff on Facebook Marketplace.  If you're interested shoot me a PM  and I'll give you the name so you can help me with my addiction 😉

I have the G430 also, for me personally I still stuggled some with mishits , tried a shorter shaft and it was the ticket so mine is cut down to 44.5 . I literally hit it farther now than full length and mishits went dont big time.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

FedEx came through. 🤩 Vokey SM9 58/12D. 

IMG_2444.jpeg.fc4065a0c703eb3255725fe6e8a1a1b0.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

1 hour ago, Fred Mitchell said:
I have the G430 also, for me personally I still stuggled some with mishits , tried a shorter shaft and it was the ticket so mine is cut down to 44.5 . I literally hit it farther now than full length and mishits went dont big time.

Now that’s cool as I’ve played my drivers at 44.5 for years

Edited by ole gray

Cleveland

49 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

With the Ventus 🔥🔥🔥😍 plus that headcover looks SICK

Yeah it was way too good of a deal to pass up. Drove almost 2 hrs to pick it up. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, jdparker said:

So I had an opportunity that I decided to run with.  The wife wanted new running shoes and I ran across a Paradym Driver with Velocore shaft and talked to the guy and traded in my Gen 5 0311 PXG driver and $275.  

20231027_155819.jpg.9ac78eee86dc66d374dd0e42c513d4ce.jpg

I thought you'd include the running shoes in the pic since they were the key to the aquisition!!  🤣

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Just now, Shapotomous said:

I thought you'd include the running shoes in the pic since they were the key to the aquisition!!  🤣

Haha. That's the best part. The ones she wants aren't out quite yet so I still have a little time before I have to buy those. 

Might be on a similar page to JDparker today. 

Dropped by Roger Dunn to find some putting gates for my birdie ball matt and found a mint PXG 0317X gen 4 2-hybrid w/ a Tensei AV raw blue 75.   Traded the C722 and $25 for it + bought the putting gates. 

You'd think I'd know better than to wander into a golf shop by now.  😉

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

8 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

Might be on a similar page to JDparker today. 

Dropped by Roger Dunn to find some putting gates for my birdie ball matt and found a mint PXG 0317X gen 4 2-hybrid w/ a Tensei AV raw blue 75.   Traded the C722 and $25 for it + bought the putting gates. 

You'd think I'd know better than to wander into a golf shop by now.  😉

Sometimes things just fall in to place and you have to jump at the opportunity. 

It looks like I am going back a few years with my bag. 

I had G430LST driver-G425LST 3w- G425 3-5H and i525 6-U in the bag. A few weeks ago I was playing in a 2-Day 3-Man Scramble so I put SLDR430 Driver and M5 3wood and GAPR Mid 18° 3 iron in the bag for that week thinking that those clubs were longer but less forgiving. Since I had 2 back up guys it didn’t matter about forgiveness. I absolutely striped those clubs. 

So, I’m thinking hard about selling all my Ping stuff and getting P790’s. As far as drivers go, I prefer the narrower, deeper face drivers. 

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

15 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Well, this is kind of a twofold post, both for “What Equipment Have You Tested?” and the “What Have You Bought Lately?” topics.

As I mentioned earlier, I made an appointment for a Titleist Fitting which took place on Saturday, October 28, 2022. Fitting was at a course very close to my house, the fitter was Brett Michie and the weather was far from perfect, but golf supposedly is played in all sorts of elements.

On a cloudy and damp 48 degree morning, I did dress in layers, and due to not many signing up for this fitting location, we had much more time than usual to complete this. We first discussed my game, equipment I had, and what I liked and didn’t like about my game and equipment.

I did warm-up, hitting a few wedges and then 7 irons, and then he proceeded to get a “baseline” using Trackman for my irons. His initial thoughts were I am a typical high launch and maybe a touch too much height and spin with my irons. Current set-up for me is Mizuno Pro 223 irons with Nippon Modus 105S shafts, standard length and “standard” Mizuno lie angles.

He then handed me a T100 7 iron, with the exact same shaft I currently play, and it was interesting that the distance was about 3-5 yards short, but the spin rate also increased over the Mizuno head.

We then started experimenting with different shafts and model heads, but we ended up with the t150 head to reduce the spin, keep the proper launch and descent angles and the shafts he tried all were heavier than my current model, but similar in weight to what I have previously played.

The T150’s with a 2 degree flat lie angle from Titleist “standard” and a Project X LZ shaft ended up being the best combination for launch, spin, and CONSISTENT distance and ideal landing angle for me.

We then moved through the different iron heads set-up the same to get a 5 mph difference in ball speed as we moved up and down through the set.

It was interesting that when I got to the 4 iron head, ball speed only went up 3 mph from the 5 iron, so he had me hit a T200 head in the 4 iron to get the correct gapping.

We took a little break, I did hit a lot of balls, and Brett then suggested that he would see how my Titleist driver and fairway wood fit me, as he had a lot of time before his next appointment.

Knowing that I was fit into these previously, he had me hit a few shots with each and confirmed that my current set-up is the best for me at this time. Still was great for me to see swing speed right at 100 mph with my driver, especially at my current age.

He also took some time to do a quick ball fitting, and out of the Titleist line-up I would fit into the Pro V1, due to keep launch and height under control, and no need for additional spin as I create enough.

So, at the end of the day, I would be fit into a T200 4 iron, and T150 5 – Gap with Project X LZ shafts, standard length, 2 degrees flat lie, standard lofts.

This is my take or opinion on these shafts for my game at this time. I love the feel of the shaft through impact.

I get a little lower flight and a lot more control. My ability to work the ball is improved. My dispersion is tighter. I feel that I can trust the shaft to deliver the head consistently to shape my ball flight.

Clubs will be built and with a shipping date of November 3, 2023, so possibly enough time to get a round or two in with them yet this outdoor season.

For those who may have an interest, my swing speed with a 7 iron was 79+ to 80+ with a Smash Factor of 1.39 with the 7 iron, which is equivalent to the majority of LPGA players.

At 69+ years young, those are numbers I will gladly accept.

Great recap and congrats on ordering the new irons!  

7 minutes ago, jdparker said:

Great recap and congrats on ordering the new irons!  

Thanks JD, there actually was so much more to it than I wrote, but I didn't want it to be TLDR (too long didn't read).

IF ANYONE is considering Titleist irons this year, it is well worth spending the money for a fitting through one of their fitters, and if you buy, that fee comes off the price of the clubs.

They truly are making their fittings match the needs of the potential buyer/player looking to make a purchase. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

4 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Thanks JD, there actually was so much more to it than I wrote, but I didn't want it to be TLDR (too long didn't read).

IF ANYONE is considering Titleist irons this year, it is well worth spending the money for a fitting through one of their fitters, and if you buy, that fee comes off the price of the clubs.

They truly are making their fittings match the needs of the potential buyer/player looking to make a purchase. 

They were my number 2 at the end of the day after numbers came back in when I did my fitting this year.  And it really came down to such small differences I could have ended up either way.  I ended up with my Srixons and am hitting them well.

Well, this is kind of a twofold post, both for “What Equipment Have You Tested?” and the “What Have You Bought Lately?” topics.
As I mentioned earlier, I made an appointment for a Titleist Fitting which took place on Saturday, October 28, 2022. Fitting was at a course very close to my house, the fitter was Brett Michie and the weather was far from perfect, but golf supposedly is played in all sorts of elements.
On a cloudy and damp 48 degree morning, I did dress in layers, and due to not many signing up for this fitting location, we had much more time than usual to complete this. We first discussed my game, equipment I had, and what I liked and didn’t like about my game and equipment.
I did warm-up, hitting a few wedges and then 7 irons, and then he proceeded to get a “baseline” using Trackman for my irons. His initial thoughts were I am a typical high launch and maybe a touch too much height and spin with my irons. Current set-up for me is Mizuno Pro 223 irons with Nippon Modus 105S shafts, standard length and “standard” Mizuno lie angles.
He then handed me a T100 7 iron, with the exact same shaft I currently play, and it was interesting that the distance was about 3-5 yards short, but the spin rate also increased over the Mizuno head.
We then started experimenting with different shafts and model heads, but we ended up with the t150 head to reduce the spin, keep the proper launch and descent angles and the shafts he tried all were heavier than my current model, but similar in weight to what I have previously played.
The T150’s with a 2 degree flat lie angle from Titleist “standard” and a Project X LZ shaft ended up being the best combination for launch, spin, and CONSISTENT distance and ideal landing angle for me.
We then moved through the different iron heads set-up the same to get a 5 mph difference in ball speed as we moved up and down through the set.
It was interesting that when I got to the 4 iron head, ball speed only went up 3 mph from the 5 iron, so he had me hit a T200 head in the 4 iron to get the correct gapping.
We took a little break, I did hit a lot of balls, and Brett then suggested that he would see how my Titleist driver and fairway wood fit me, as he had a lot of time before his next appointment.
Knowing that I was fit into these previously, he had me hit a few shots with each and confirmed that my current set-up is the best for me at this time. Still was great for me to see swing speed right at 100 mph with my driver, especially at my current age.
He also took some time to do a quick ball fitting, and out of the Titleist line-up I would fit into the Pro V1, due to keep launch and height under control, and no need for additional spin as I create enough.
So, at the end of the day, I would be fit into a T200 4 iron, and T150 5 – Gap with Project X LZ shafts, standard length, 2 degrees flat lie, standard lofts.
This is my take or opinion on these shafts for my game at this time. I love the feel of the shaft through impact.
I get a little lower flight and a lot more control. My ability to work the ball is improved. My dispersion is tighter. I feel that I can trust the shaft to deliver the head consistently to shape my ball flight.

Clubs will be built and with a shipping date of November 3, 2023, so possibly enough time to get a round or two in with them yet this outdoor season.

For those who may have an interest, my swing speed with a 7 iron was 79+ to 80+ with a Smash Factor of 1.39 with the 7 iron, which is equivalent to the majority of LPGA players.

Awesome job and welcome to the Club!

Cleveland

51 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Well done!  I love those irons and your set up.  Those shafts are seriously awesome.  Enjoy!

:titelist-small:   :projectx:

My new driver (TaylorMade SIM2 Max-D) arrived a couple of weeks ago and, like the baby golf addict I am, I went out and played 9 holes with it after getting home from a tournament. I was kind of all over the place with it because I had been hitting a different driver for 10 years. A few range sessions and a couple of more 9 hole rounds and I'm starting to get locked in with it. Yesterday I was hitting a nice, high fade about 260-70.

Originally I thought I was going to change the shaft, but for now I'm going to only have it re-gripped to match the rest of my set.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto