Jump to content

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)


hckymeyer

Recommended Posts

On 7/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, Shankster said:

That’s a whole different story.  Pulling every drive… hard to make the green… also, I couldn’t hit a fade with the iron today if someone said they’d give me a million dollars. They’d start out left, act like they were going to fade but then go more left.  Frustrating.

The greatest part of playing a fade is watching it start beautifully then thinking “why the ******* **** is that not coming back” 

 

fades look cooler though so always play a fade

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

"C'mon be good"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, PankaGolf said:

The greatest part of playing a fade is watching it start beautifully then thinking “why the ******* **** is that not coming back” 

 

fades look cooler though so always play a fade

Love the fill in the blank asterisk’s.  I’ve filled them in plenty over the years. Haha.

A lot lately with the 3 wood.  Was hitting a little sniper 3 yard fade with it.  Stock is a mini draw, but had the most beautiful fade going on… 🥺

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

finally got these in hand!

KuroKage XD 70TX and Ventus Black 7TX are going up against my gamer for a spot in the bag 

Ventus Black 10x is going in my new 5w

sik DW with a stability tour shaft and a best grips leather grip

 

00F359C3-FFFB-4155-BF1E-D4D8ACCC49EF.jpeg

2AC86A6C-7AAE-4D42-A725-C04A05E96ECD.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Love 3

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5BE7E10E-7362-4CF8-870A-3DBB736C4873.jpeg.a625aa011ad2b2f3e617eb4b9a6d1f5e.jpeg
New MMT shafts for my Cobra Black Forged TEC irons. 

  • Like 6

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

5BE7E10E-7362-4CF8-870A-3DBB736C4873.jpeg.a625aa011ad2b2f3e617eb4b9a6d1f5e.jpeg
New MMT shafts for my Cobra Black Forged TEC irons. 

One length? 

"C'mon be good"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next attempt at filling the gap between 20* X2 Hot Pro hybrid, and my driver. I’ve been thinking 4 wood for some time now just for hitting off the deck, and filling a specific yardage around 260. I decided to try this one because it has the Atmos Black TS 7X that I had in my KZG driver, and I really liked that shaft!!!! With the points I’ve built-up with CPO over the years, and trading the Super Hybrid, this will cost me $100 total after taxes.

BF8ADC66-712C-498E-8FA2-5A3A1D62599F.jpeg

  • Like 7

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 6:57 PM, gavinski91 said:

Just about the most ho purchase possible…

79F9E2AF-BACD-4055-97C1-01EB2B14286F.jpeg.cceeae89a28df3ade6600680f6ccd758.jpeg

That is sweet! Forgive me here, because I am new to golf and golf equipment, but that is a mallet head cover correct? What company makes those? Someone else said they are tired of trying to buy on release day, so they must be popular. Can I ask how much that cost you? I love the colors. As my son would say “that is lit, naw dip.” (Side note: I know “lit” means cool, but no clue what “naw dip” means. Or is it dib?)

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JimmyBobby said:

That is sweet! Forgive me here, because I am new to golf and golf equipment, but that is a mallet head cover correct? What company makes those? Someone else said they are tired of trying to buy on release day, so they must be popular. Can I ask how much that cost you? I love the colors. As my son would say “that is lit, naw dip.” (Side note: I know “lit” means cool, but no clue what “naw dip” means. Or is it dib?)

yep,  looks like a mallet cover.  It is a limited run cover made by SWAG golf and they sell out very quickly. Cost will vary based on the release numbers.  secondary market costs are in the $165 and up range. 

https://swag.golf/collections/headcovers

  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JimmyBobby said:

That is sweet! Forgive me here, because I am new to golf and golf equipment, but that is a mallet head cover correct? What company makes those? Someone else said they are tired of trying to buy on release day, so they must be popular. Can I ask how much that cost you? I love the colors. As my son would say “that is lit, naw dip.” (Side note: I know “lit” means cool, but no clue what “naw dip” means. Or is it dib?)

Yeah, it’s from SWAG golf. They do limited runs of their covers and never re-release any old ones, so they have value as a collectible (but I just wanted this one b/c it looks cool). They typically sell out in under a minute, but can be found on EBay from re-sellers - just do an EBay search for “swag mallet”. 

  • Like 3

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

yep,  looks like a mallet cover.  It is a limited run cover made by SWAG golf and they sell out very quickly. Cost will vary based on the release numbers.  secondary market costs are in the $165 and up range. 

https://swag.golf/collections/headcovers

Oh wow that’s some cool stuff. Expensive too! Thank you 

  • Like 1

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

Yeah, it’s from SWAG golf. They do limited runs of their covers and never re-release any old ones, so they have value as a collectible (but I just wanted this one b/c it looks cool). They typically sell out in under a minute, but can be found on EBay from re-sellers - just do an EBay search for “swag mallet”. 

That is a sweet cover for sure. I just bought the Ping Stars and Stripes mallet cover for my putter, and I thought it was sweet until I seen yours! I need to start looking outside of Golf Galaxy!

  • Like 2

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, bens197 said:

For the first time in my 33 years of playing, I have a 4-wedge bag with a 46-50-56-60.  I was going to leave the TW MG2's but played a round with them and had some ridiculous shots, as if they knew they were on the block.

But...there was a giant hole in my bag between PW and SW, so yesterday I picked up a 50* SM8 and installed it onto a Modus 120.  I tried making the 56 my all around go-to but I just couldn't pull it off.

 

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg

Love it! all the wedges!

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

For the first time in my 33 years of playing, I have a 4-wedge bag with a 46-50-56-60.  I was going to leave the TW MG2's but played a round with them and had some ridiculous shots, as if they knew they were on the block.

But...there was a giant hole in my bag between PW and SW, so yesterday I picked up a 50* SM8 and installed it onto a Modus 120.  I tried making the 56 my all around go-to but I just couldn't pull it off.

 

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg

Nice wedge sir. The SM8s are suuuuuper clean and hit well. You said for the first time in 33 years you have four. How many did you have before? What was in its place? I used to game a 5 wood, but now I also have four wedges in my bag (46, 52, 56, 60). I did that off an article I read that you should have wedges every 4-6 degrees. It has made my life inside 125 yards much easier to manage. 

  • Like 5

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, JimmyBobby said:

Nice wedge sir. The SM8s are suuuuuper clean and hit well. You said for the first time in 33 years you have four. How many did you have before? What was in its place? I used to game a 5 wood, but now I also have four wedges in my bag (46, 52, 56, 60). I did that off an article I read that you should have wedges every 4-6 degrees. It has made my life inside 125 yards much easier to manage. 

Thanks JB...I am excited.  My most recent success with a Vokey was the SM5...the 6 & 7 for some odd reason just didn't really check the boxes for me.  Hoping that this is a winner!

For the longest time I played a 48* PW so I could then play a 54 or 52 with a 58.  Those three were essentially my go-to.  Now that lofts are stronger, I drop the extra long iron (3 became a 2) and I add to the bottom of the bag.  

  • Like 7
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

 

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey! So just had my best round of the season and I'm giving credit to switching to the Bridgestone Tour B RSX... I've never been great with my driver and have been playing every mid range ball out there without much luck... so I decided to pick up a sleeve at the clubhouse and WOW what a difference the premium ball has! All my approach shots were stopping right where they should and I even noticed a significant decrease in my slice and on top of it I averaged 2.14 putts on the round (a other best for the season) ohhh, and 1 more thing, I think for the first time in all my years golfing I played the same ball for 9 holes... barely has a scratch on her! Just curious if anyone else has seen this type of improvement off switch their ball... I'm still amazed...

  • Like 6

From Wisconsin

Playing Calaway BB X-12s standard length and steel shaft standard

Calaway BBA 9.5°/ stiff flex

Average about 105 on 18 but getting better!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just pulled the trigger on a Blended Mizuno MP-20/MP-20 MMC iron set.  All Steelfiber i95 shafts.

MP-20:
PW: 46* (STD)
9 Iron: 41* (1* strong)
8 Iron: 37* (1* strong)

MP-20 MMC:
7 Iron: 33 * (1* weak)
6 Iron: 29* (1* weak)
5 Iron: 25* (STD)
4 Iron: 21* (1* strong)

Now the long wait for them to be built and arrive.  Heres hoping to a quick quick 6 weeks 🙂

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Driver (10.5): Taylormade SIM2 (Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S)
3-Wood (13.5): Taylormade SIM2 TI (Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X)
Irons (2I, 4I-7I, 8I-PW): Mizuno MP-20/MMC/HMB (Steelfiber i95 Stiff)
GW (51/11): Cleveland CBX 2 (Steelfiber i70 Stiff)
SW (56/12): Cleveland CBX Full Face (Steelfiber i70 Stiff)
LW (62/6): Cleveland ZipCore Tour Rack (Steelfiber i70 Stiff)
Putter: Bettinardi INOVAI 6.0 Center Shaft
Ball: Pro V1x Left Dash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sold the ST-Z head and purchased a PXG Gen4 XF head to go with the Ventus Red shaft I just received in trade for the 1K. May need to trade the Ventus Red though. It is a 6S instead of a 5S like I prefer.


Never done hoin’!

  • Like 6

 

 

 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So… the zforged… 

 

I don’t like them, we never clicked it was a me not a them thing. I like feedback and honestly think they’re to soft that they hide mishits in sound, you can feel it but it’s hard to put two and two together on some shots.  The V sole, while I can see the benefit to many people I play links mostly and I found the V sole stopping me digging through the Turf like I like, maybe I could have got used to both but I didn’t want a set of irons “that do”
 

so I bought P7MB and thankfully sold the zforged one hour later. Pics and a review to come 

  • Like 3

"C'mon be good"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChasenLogan said:

Just pulled the trigger on a Blended Mizuno MP-20/MP-20 MMC iron set.  All Steelfiber i95 shafts.

MP-20:
PW: 46* (STD)
9 Iron: 41* (1* strong)
8 Iron: 37* (1* strong)

MP-20 MMC:
7 Iron: 33 * (1* weak)
6 Iron: 29* (1* weak)
5 Iron: 25* (STD)
4 Iron: 21* (1* strong)

Now the long wait for them to be built and arrive.  Heres hoping to a quick quick 6 weeks 🙂

 

 

Oooooooh. I don’t really like how MMC look but you can not argue with the performance. 
 

MP-20. Yeah I don’t need to say anything. 
 

great set up.

  • Like 2

"C'mon be good"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...