What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

19 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Ordered the T300, 5-pw, with the Tensei AV blue iron shafts!

Everyone may ask why did i order these. Want something a tad more forgiving, especially on slight toe side strikes, and wanted a bit more offset as well. From everything I heard, the T300s should be slightly more forgiving than my ZX5s. ZX5s sort of toe the line between GI and player's distance.

I also find my current Accra shafts are a bit stouter feeling than I like. Based on the butt and tip CPM measurements on the Tensei Blue, they should play closer in profile to my all time favorite shaft, the Nippon 950 GH (different in weight though). 

Nice order. Did you do a titleist Thursday or go to one of the local places for a fitting?

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Just now, RickyBobby_PR said:

Nice order. Did you do a titleist Thursday or go to one of the local places for a fitting?

Neither. Taking a chance here and will live with the result.

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

24 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

ZX5s

Ill take these off your hands as a test

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S 

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Neither. Taking a chance here and will live with the result.

Ok. Iirc the weight difference between the 950 and the tensei is around 10g. I’m guessing you went the tensie route to stay with graphite. What changes are you or will you make for that? 

• Like 2

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

30 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Ordered the T300, 5-pw, with the Tensei AV blue iron shafts!

Everyone may ask why did i order these. Want something a tad more forgiving, especially on slight toe side strikes, and wanted a bit more offset as well. From everything I heard, the T300s should be slightly more forgiving than my ZX5s. ZX5s sort of toe the line between GI and player's distance.

I also find my current Accra shafts are a bit stouter feeling than I like. Based on the butt and tip CPM measurements on the Tensei Blue, they should play closer in profile to my all time favorite shaft, the Nippon 950 GH (different in weight though). 

Nice choice, looking forward to Pix.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

21 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Ok. Iirc the weight difference between the 950 and the tensei is around 10g. I’m guessing you went the tensie route to stay with graphite. What changes are you or will you make for that? 

Yes, went the Tensei route to stay with graphite. they are ascending in weight, so it will definitely be different. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

15 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Yes, went the Tensei route to stay with graphite. they are ascending in weight, so it will definitely be different. 

Will be curious to hear your thoughts on the setup from a performance standpoint but also feel 

• Like 5

The saga continues… The Apex ‘21 didn’t even make it out of the wrapper. Too closed at address, and adjusting it down a degree didn’t help much. Away she goes. Looks like I’m going to just go 3w. Talked to my guy who did my Edel putter and wedge fitting and he has ZERO x-stiff shafts for fairway fittings. 😩😩😩😩😩 So, I’m going to go blind on either a Ping G425 fairway, or a TaylorMade. Waiting for some feedback first. TM will be cheaper since I have a connection, but thinking Ping since the lie can be flattened. 
On another note, my replacement Xphlexxx Busa Liquid 2 XX stiff shaft will be FedEx’d to me tomorrow. I’m putting the 9* Max LS head on it. Ready to have a driver battle!!!!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

On 8/2/2021 at 9:11 PM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Not technically a purchase, but still Club Ho'in -- won another one of these bad boys off of Chirp. Went with an all black setup, 54 bent to 55, Accra iWedge Tour 130, and a black Ion grip (know nothing about them, figured I'd give it a try considering all upgrades are included - might end up swapping with an MCC after a few rounds). 

PXL_20210803_010318215.jpg.0e8d6bf937f210ac55249c8e8ed91e21.jpgPXL_20210803_010310110.jpg.9e6aef8f87b21195baca9a274315bb17.jpgPXL_20210803_011032110.jpg.5bd41546c3b3047b4a1d48543c74b697.jpg

What is chirp?

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

6 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

What is chirp?

Free gambling-style app through Golf Magazine's parent company. It started sometime last year, and I was introduced to it by the Subpar Podcast (great podcast btw, if you're into Tour player perspectives). They give you a fake $10k to start, and you place bets on live action during the televised Tour events (things like "Will Jordan Spieth hit the fairway on hole 10? Yes -150, No +150). It's usually a 1 hour window on Thurs/Fri and just over 2 hours on Sat/Sun (seems to line up with the back 9 for the final group). If you end up with the most fake cash at the end of that time window, you win the prize of the day (it used to be full tournament with prizes for 1st-3rd or 5th, but they dropped to one prize per round a couple months back). I've gotten lucky a few times and came out on top when the prize was Miura wedges -- ended up being $25 out of pocket for shipping and some time out of my day while the kids are napping anyway.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

I carry a 58 high bounce SM7 that I struggle with as courses dry out. Went out and bought another SM8 in 60.08 L grind. Took it out last night on the practice green to get acquainted and love it so far. This is a season and course dependent wedge due to the low bounce and grind.

• Like 7

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

14 minutes ago, PMookie said:

@cnosilyou'll like this!

I had decided to go Ping G425 max 3w, and I tried for three days to get my contacts to call me back. Nothing. When one does call me back, no X Stiff and not getting any in. I call Ping and it will be 10 weeks if I order one. Hmmm. I go back on the CPO site and nothing in “other brands”, BUT they have the 4w I’d been wanting to try with the shaft I tried at the demo day way back. It’s a stock shaft too, so total cost to me all-in will be $40!

SOOO, an Epic Speed 4w with the MMT 80X shaft will be on its way. Next step in my journey to fill this spot! I hope it’s my last try!!!

P, quick side step (sorry).  Going back to hybrids, were you a fan of the Cally Superhybrid? 

• Like 3

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

24 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

P, quick side step (sorry).  Going back to hybrids, were you a fan of the Cally Superhybrid? 

Hard to say either way just because I don’t think I had the right set-up. My driver is a literal sledgehammer, so going to the Super as the next club in the bag, it was a tough transition to have something so light. The Super hit the ball the distance I needed in that slot for sure, but between the overall weight, and the shaft that was in it I just never really meshed with it. I think if I had a true fitting for it and could get it weighted properly, I’d have had a better experience. 

• Like 6

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Had some credit at Rockbottomgolf. Just pre-ordered a set of p790 irons....

Very much an impulse purchase 🙂 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

1 hour ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Had some credit at Rockbottomgolf. Just pre-ordered a set of p790 irons....

Very much an impulse purchase 🙂 

Congrats man...I would laugh if the credit was for something silly like $9 and you covered the rest 🙂

• Haha 9
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index