TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

10 hours ago, JonRho said:

Hi,  I am new to club collecting, re selling.  I found this club in a lot I bought on Facebook marketplace but can find no information on it?   Can anyone offer any insight on it?  I’ve never seen a club with a B marking on it….  Also, is there any value to it?   Thanks

IMG_0922.jpeg

IMG_0923.jpeg

IMG_0924.jpeg

There are other irons as well, could not find the B though.17070029702372791718485757447048.jpg.8a1bb4e97cd894570521df5a2b0b4413.jpg

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33

14 minutes ago, Fred Mitchell said:

Well disclaimer because I didnt buy it but won a new Ping 430 Max 10K along with the matching 3 and 5 wood today.

Man that’s AWESOME! Congrats on that score!

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

11 hours ago, JonRho said:

Hi,  I am new to club collecting, re selling.  I found this club in a lot I bought on Facebook marketplace but can find no information on it?   Can anyone offer any insight on it?  I’ve never seen a club with a B marking on it….  Also, is there any value to it?   Thanks

IMG_0922.jpeg

IMG_0923.jpeg

IMG_0924.jpeg

That’s a knockoff TM Burner model.  I think the ‘B’ was some kind of wedge.  As the image above suggests, very limited value.  

1 hour ago, Fred Mitchell said:

Well disclaimer because I didnt buy it but won a new Ping 430 Max 10K along with the matching 3 and 5 wood today.

That's insane!!!  Congratulations!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Got a lag shot 7 iron on eBay for $53 after shipping. Also got a larger putter grip today that feels better with a new grip I have been using. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

1 minute ago, ZackS said:

Got a lag shot 7 iron on eBay for $53 after shipping. Also got a larger putter grip today that feels better with a new grip I have been using. 

I've been very happy with my lag shot 7 iron and have noticed improved ball striking since practicing with it

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

It's that time of year where boxes start showing up at my door and work that my manufacturers reps convince me to get... so far it's been a Ping G430 Max 10K and case of Srixon Z-Stars & gloves.

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

8 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Just got these back from Gabe @ LetsPlayThru. Love these grips too! Will be an interesting comparison against my gamers. (See last pic)

20240204_094424.jpg.d84c86c5727e2de7ab15f4fad2bebb8d.jpg

52637.jpeg.6ac68516403002f61a372f8825156cc0.jpeg

20240203_184848.jpg.8b30af3c62085da0eef45004485f8de2.jpg

Gabe does a great job! I love watching his videos.... My wife blames him for all my golf purchases 😂 (I just made another after seeing his review on the Mizuno 245's also... Hee hee)

Hit 'em long!

Scott

27 minutes ago, scotter032 said:

Gabe does a great job! I love watching his videos.... My wife blames him for all my golf purchases 😂 (I just made another after seeing his review on the Mizuno 245's also... Hee hee)

Gabe's the man! It was fun to colab with him on this. He's just so genuine and unassuming.. watch a video, next thing you know your on the Internet with your wallet 😜

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Those royal grips look great. I tried the non chord version a while back and found they wore quickly, Im assuming the chorded version will be more firm and long lasting. Let me know as I like the looks and torn between those and the superstroke chorded or some discontinued lamkin gen3. Currently using Champ C6

Edited by KOG

Driver Exotics EXS Pro with with Ventus Red TR stiff

3 Wood :Exotics CBX 15* w Fujikura Motore F1 70 Stiff

7 Wood: Great Big Bertha B23 w Adila RIP Gamma 60 stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w Prolaunch Axis red stiff

Utility Iron: Honma TR21x 5 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

52* / 58* Vokey SM7 w Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter: Sizemore SB2

Sun Mountain C130 Bag

18 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Gabe's the man! It was fun to colab with him on this. He's just so genuine and unassuming.. watch a video, next thing you know your on the Internet with your wallet 😜

It's great having some average swing speed analysis on here to show how these items react and to see how forgiving they are dependent on that. I'm in St Augustine so it's great to see the Florida connection also! 

Hit 'em long!

Scott

28 minutes ago, KOG said:

Those royal grips look great. I tried the non chord version a while back and found they wore quickly, Im assuming the chorded version will be more firm and long lasting. Let me know as I like the looks and torn between those and the superstroke chorded or some discontinued lamkin gen3. Currently using Champ C6

Yeah I'm curious about the longevity as well. I've never been a fan of corded grips because they're usually too firm and tear up my delicate hands 😜. I read that these actual felt softer than most and seem to hold up well. 

So far I can confirm that they're definitely quite comfy for a cord. I immediately ordered another set for my TS4's and woods. Time will tell

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Just got a Gen 1 Accra TZ6 for a pretty good deal on eBay. I was curious to try this as it is marketed as a high launch low spin shaft the same as my Graphite Design AD DI. But the profiles on these are very different. Once I get it in and ready to use I plan to start thread on my comparison between them. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

I haven’t bought it yet but a guy has a Optishot 2 with 5x3 hitting mat for $280. It looks like it hasn’t been used much. My question is it worth it?  I’m retired and money is the main factor, but the rate the quality of simulators has increased I want to get the best bang for my buck. At this point I am saving for the Rapsoto. The reason I say saving is I have to get a new roof this spring so simulator money is what I squirrel away without my wife knowing. lol. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. IMG_2775.jpeg.b78b0b011210fecc8e114f82a8171db1.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

You have to answer some questions for yourself first.

Do you want ball data? Spin, launch angle, ball speed? Then no this is not for you.

Do you want to play courses use the driving range and get club data? Path swing speed. Not have to pay yearly subscription fees. Then yes this is for you.

I have the Optishot2 and have a Mevo unit behind it so I can get all the data. 
You will also have to replace the top turf on the Optishot unit as I can see it’s the original and it is way to thin. You feel like you are hitting hard plastic and you thing you are going to bust it. I got the Jag Man Joe replacement and that’s another $100 but well worth it.

I have been looking at the Optishot Orbit which is the new model which gives you all the bells and whistles, 20 courses and no yearly fees.

Thanks for the feedback. 

Picked up a pair of those Adidas S2G spikeless on sale - thanks MGS! (Connor?).

Took a slight gamble and ordered 1/2 size smaller based on other Adidas golf shoes I've had, and it worked out (whew). A touch snug in the toe on the right side but a shoe stretcher will take care of that.

The sole looks like it has good grip and they feel pretty stable - tested them out on the garage! 😄

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

22 minutes ago, unccross said:

Purchasing my new wedges one at a time.  Bought the first one in 50 degrees. Trying to figure out if I want to go 50,54,58 or 50,56,60 .

Good luck with those! Very happy with my CBX wedges .. if and when I replace them I'll be looking at the CBX Zipcore or whatever the then current model is.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

54 minutes ago, CanadianleftyNick said:

Pics say a 1000 words, But the pics don’t give it justice for Scotty’s custom shop did a fantastic job.

This TEI has been in my basement for 15years screaming for a refurb and I always kept putting it off to next year. Well, next year finally arrived.

I’ve been fighting cancer, slowly improving. I’m a lucky hacker.

IMG_5042.jpeg

IMG_5043.jpeg

IMG_5044.jpeg

Keep fighting @CanadianleftyNick glad to hear you're improving! And that TEI os gorgeous! Nice job with the refurb.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | T2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 7X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: PXG 0317 22* | Standard hosel setting | Hand Crafted Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

2 hours ago, Erin B said:

Just ordered the Newton shaft. I don’t have pictures of it because it’s on its way so here’s a pic of someone waiting patiently for golf.

IMG_3983.jpeg

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Just received my bottle of Chalkless grip enhancer. It's been a very wet winter season in Florida. Soon it will be sweaty hand season down here. This stuff seems pretty awesome and I cannot wait to give it a true test. 

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

Gone a bit crazy as of late. 

I gave my old ping i25 set to my high school aged son, and was fitted for new Mizzuno 932 hot metal irons. Also bought a few new closeout model clubs. First, a cobra king tech 3 hybrid (which is a joy to hit) and some new RTX Ziocore wedges. 

Also, the big news is I am building a garage sim with 9x12 screen enclosure from Carls using a bushel launch pro and 5 Star gorilla mat. 

Edited by Skymark

WITB:

Playing MAXFLI TOURX

PXG GEN5 0311 driver, Ping 425 LS 3W, Cobra King Tec 3H, Mizuno 932 Hot Metal Pro Irons, Volkey wedges, Odessey white hot 5k putter

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

I will let everyone know. I want to see if it is better than the Steadfast shafts I have. I like them and was impressed with their new found quality unlike years in the past. I am a little worried about the torque and that Newton recommended the 4 dot (I am right on the top end of the 4 dot and I like a stiffer shaft. (NO JOKES PLEASE LOL)). Although they did say they would switch it out. Also, I don't know if they put a grip on it, but I have one and like a mid size. I told them that as well. We shall see!!!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each round. 

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/stiff stock shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

Titleist PT 17 Medal Wood w/steel shaft

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

Callaway Chrome Tour X