What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

6 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

That was actually the first firm I worked at. Now I'm at Baker Hostetler.

Also, nice seeing someone else take advantage of the sale on those Maxfli! 

Both excellent firms! I was with Kilpatrick Townsend before going in house.

Yeah, you inspired me. I've been reading about the Maxfli Tours. When you initially posted about your purchase and the DSG deal, I added them to my cart but never pulled the trigger. Your post re the patent numbers pushed me over the edge! 😀

• Like 5

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

3 hours ago, Hobert said:

Both excellent firms! I was with Kilpatrick Townsend before going in house.

Yeah, you inspired me. I've been reading about the Maxfli Tours. When you initially posted about your purchase and the DSG deal, I added them to my cart but never pulled the trigger. Your post re the patent numbers pushed me over the edge! 😀

Glad I helped! 

• Like 2

Take Dead Aim

18 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I wonder what other balls were made under this patent? I don't think it's a surprise that Foremost is the manufacturer, and I think MGS even states that in the ball lab articles. Does anyone have a list of all the major brand balls produced by Foremost?

I know for sure that Foremost produces the Vice Golf balls (all of them until the Pro Zero, which was produced by Feng Tay). IIRC, Tony said that he considers Foremost is one of the best ball producers outside of Titleist in terms of quality

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Londo said:

I know for sure that Foremost produces the Vice Golf balls (all of them until the Pro Zero, which was produced by Feng Tay). IIRC, Tony said that he considers Foremost is one of the best ball producers outside of Titleist in terms of quality

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

I have got to stop just dropping in to Roger Dunn's to kill time in between meetings. 

Spent some time visiting/hitting the ZX7 & ZX5 Irons I've been lusting after.  Decided to have a go at the ZX7 & ZX5 Driver (Pretty awesome, I'd play either) and as I was returning the demo clubs to their bin what do I spy in the used bin, the much loved 2016 TM M2 9.5 degree driver. 

It's in decent shape aside from one idiot mark on top and one at the toe.  Given used club prices as of late I don't even bother with looking at the tag and figure I'll hit it a few times for fun.  Look at the shaft as I'm walking to the bay, see that it's a Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard -- nice.  It's obviously quite a bit cut down maybe playing at 44 or 44.5".  But hey, I'm not buying it, so no worries.  Set up a little closer to the ball and start some easy swings.   First one is a nice easy swing that sails past my normal 235 carry.  I figure it's just luck, then I do it 3 more times in a row. 

At this point I feel like the golf gods are playing a cruel trick on me and decide to take a look at the tag expecting to see $200-$250 .  It's $99.00.  Suddenly I'm at the cashier... 😄

I'm interested to see does with the my non-velo ventus red and figure the blueboard might be making the move into my 3 wood as it's probably going to be exactly the right playing length for me in that club.

• Like 7

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red S (non velocore) 

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 63 G35t

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: RSI2 - 4I 20°,5I 24°,6I 27°,7I 31°,8I 35°,9I 39°,PW 44°-- True Temper Elevate Tour 

:cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX2 48° & 54°-- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV

Well... cooler weather approaching and this old dude whose fingertips chill off way too quickly got himself a pair of cool weather gloves from Callaway with a full thermo lining (many winter gloves have only a partial lining).

• Like 9

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

58 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Well... cooler weather approaching and this old dude whose fingertips chill off way too quickly got himself a pair of cool weather gloves from Callaway with a full thermo lining (many winter gloves have only a partial lining).

I'm leaning towards getting mittens. I've read that they keep your fingers warmer than gloves because the fingers are held together. When I use the snow blower my fingers freeze even using gloves with thinsulate.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 minutes ago, MattF said:

When I use the snow blower

i thought profanity and hate speech wasn't allowed on the forums...

• Haha 8

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

7 hours ago, MattF said:

I'm leaning towards getting mittens.

Have a pair of those, too!! Easy to slip on and off - even with golfing winter gloves on!

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

10 hours ago, MattF said:

I'm leaning towards getting mittens. I've read that they keep your fingers warmer than gloves because the fingers are held together. When I use the snow blower my fingers freeze even using gloves with thinsulate.

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Have a pair of those, too!! Easy to slip on and off - even with golfing winter gloves on!

I have a pair of mittens that I occasionally wear when riding, but actually they are a PITA... get in cart, put mittens on, drive 100 feet to the next tee, take them off, hit tee shot, get in cart, put them on, drive to ball... repeat.  I end up just leaving them off.

When I walk I have Ultimittens attached to my push cart.  Stick hands inside, push cart, stop, take hands out.  Sometimes I put a pair of Hot Hands inside.

image.png.c09e065bf8987e0eed4f7a1ec0ee6d7e.png

Not a photo of me.  🤣

• Like 5
  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Stay tuned…

• Hmmm 3

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 6s 45")

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 8s Hyb)

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (Winter ball :titelist-small: proV1 )

8 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Stay tuned…

I know its only been 8 hours, and that you may be sleeping since it is early on the west coast, but we need an update! Trying to live vicariously through others... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

Just got a set of Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro irons. Looking at shot scope iron play was by far my worst category and I have never felt great with the i500s. Looking for a bit more forgiveness and just make things a bit easier for me. As someone who generally puts too much spin on my irons I am not worried about going to what will likely be a lower spin head. Next up getting some graphite shafts lined up.

• Like 7

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

Did I go and lose my mind?.. don't answer that.. 😜

Found this and just felt I needed to have it.. so I bought it. It's in nearly perfect condition.

I haven't been getting along with my hybrid lately but I'm hoping this isn't a step backwards. I threw a Maltby hybrid shaft in it the other day (very underrated shafts) and will see how it performs this weekend. 

1017211854.jpg.202f808001b0e1c34da44c059593956d.jpg

1017211858.jpg.06366a99517b530fd4e1856b1ca411d1.jpg

1017211910.jpg.79697cae55aa951aca0a62e60d2e4b24.jpg

1021210809.jpg.517727854d7fea933dc84bac487523b1.jpg

1021210812.jpg.54199fcd6495b59206f0496e68fa7fda.jpg

• Like 8

:mizuno-small: STZ 9.5* / Fujikura MotoreX F3  
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Fujikura MotoreX F1 
:cobra-small:  King Utility Iron 18.5°/ Kuro Kage Black 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) 
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedges - 50/6 + 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 
:taylormade-small: TP5x

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

Just got a set of Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro irons. Looking at shot scope iron play was by far my worst category and I have never felt great with the i500s. Looking for a bit more forgiveness and just make things a bit easier for me. As someone who generally puts too much spin on my irons I am not worried about going to what will likely be a lower spin head. Next up getting some graphite shafts lined up.

I like your style my man. Hope those 919s work out for you!

• Like 3

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe Raw 48* (bent from 50*), 53* (bent from 54*), and 58*, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

9 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I like your style my man. Hope those 919s work out for you!

Thanks looking forward to them. Less off set but still that bigger head seems like a great combo

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

5 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Found this and just felt I needed to have it.. so I bought it. It's in nearly perfect condition.

... I have played so many DI type irons and the Cobra might be one of the most versatile of all I have played only beat by the DHY. You know how the first time you hit a club it can leave a lasting impression? I drove a 310 yd par 4 the very first time I hit my King Utility. Conditions were dry and fast in LA and I landed right on the 100yd marker, a big concrete square in the middle of the fairway. Ball probably bounced 15ft in the air LOL and I had to apologize to the guys on the green because those using a driver wait for the green to clear. But carrying it 210 and the middle of the fairway was love at first hit for me. 

... Good luck with yours! 

• Like 8

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... I have played so many DI type irons and the Cobra might be one of the most versatile of all I have played only beat by the DHY. You know how the first time you hit a club it can leave a lasting impression? I drove a 310 yd par 4 the very first time I hit my King Utility. Conditions were dry and fast in LA and I land right on the 100yd marker, a big concrete square in the middle of the fairway. Ball probably bounced 15ft in the air LOL and I had to apologize to the guys on the green because those using a driver wait for the green to clear. But carrying it 210 and the middle of the fairway was love at first hit for me. 

... Good luck with yours! 

You know I share your affection for the DHY, but have you tried an Apex Pro?

• Like 2

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver