TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

On 3/26/2024 at 9:03 PM, chisag said:

... Clearly you don't understand the meaning of the word. I, and all my purchases are pretty offended by unessential.  I have 3 sets of iron heads obviously essential sitting in a box. I have 3 more not needless sets shafted and leaning against a wall. Then a plethora of wood/hybrid/iron shafts that "unessential" doesn't even come close to describing. 

unnecessary:

[ uhn-nes-uh-ser-ee ]

adjective

not necessary or essential; needless; unessential.

What does "plethora" mean?

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Blue 55 R

Callaway 4+ Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 65 R

Callaway 5 Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

Callaway Heavenwood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4 (22*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 5 (25*) - SteelFiber i95 R

Honma Beres irons (2020) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, AW - Nippon 750GH Wrap Tech R 

Vokey SM8 56* D grind & Vokey SM8 54* bent to 52* D grind

Scotty Cameron California Monterey Putter

Took the Adidas S2G shoes out for a spin at Torrey Pines North this afternoon. They were incredibly comfortable but I felt they really lacked in stability on drivers. I just didn't feel like I could get anchored in and not have my lead foot slip as with my traditional cleats. I'm thinking I'm going to return them and go back to the spiked golf cleats. Not sure if spikeless is for me.

SoCalJoe

Livin that San Diego Life

On 3/27/2024 at 12:03 AM, chisag said:

... Clearly you don't understand the meaning of the word. I, and all my purchases are pretty offended by unessential.  I have 3 sets of iron heads obviously essential sitting in a box. I have 3 more not needless sets shafted and leaning against a wall. Then a plethora of wood/hybrid/iron shafts that "unessential" doesn't even come close to describing. 

unnecessary:

[ uhn-nes-uh-ser-ee ]

adjective

not necessary or essential; needless; unessential.

The gamers know those are all in the house just waiting to step into the starting lineup.  Thats what keeps the gamers from misbehaving on the course. 

Much like a strong bench in basketball pushes the starters, it sounds like essential equipment to me!

Edited by Shapotomous

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

The gamers know those are all in the house just waiting to step into the starting lineup.  Thats what keeps the gamers from misbehaving on the course. 

Much like a strong bench in basketball pushes the starters, it sounds like essential equipment to me!

Don't I know it - here's what my old putter has done in the 10 rounds I've played while waiting for the LAB DF3 to arrive 😳

IMG_8795.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430LST, Kaili White S

3 Wood: Ping G425LST, Kaili White S

3H: Callaway XR16OS, Tour AD-DI 8S

4&5H: Callaway Apex Pro, Tour AD-DI 8S

6-PW: Taylormade P770 ('23 model), KBS Tour Lite S

50/54/60: Vokey SM9, Modus 3 115 

Putter: Toulon Atlanta, KBS OneStep shaft

Putter: L.A.B. DF3 - ordered and waiting for delivery

lol….. my latest purchase is a new putter to me. I am sure we all have that friend who has multiple putters. He showed up using it and I just like the look. Asked to try it out and 2 days later made him offer.  For now I love it, but give me 3 months and let’s see. The putter an Odessy mini seven 

Billy Mike 

Srixon irons! Taylormade wedges! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

1 minute ago, Bohnson said:

Srixon irons! Taylormade wedges! 

Which Srixon's did you choose?

I love my combo of mkII 5's and 7's

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I just ordered a G430 7H, to go along with my 5H and 6H, because Trackman sessions during this offseason confirmed my "on course" experience that I do not have sufficient swing speed to hit a 7i high enough to hold a green. Time to admit this fact and move on to a club that I can hit high enough to hold a green (from 120-130)

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i, 9i - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Sub70 286 46* and 52* - Recoil DART 75 F3 shaft

Cleveland CBX4 58* - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

(1) Also considering G710 8i-UW and a 56* wedge of some sort

4 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

I just ordered a G430 7H, to go along with my 5H and 6H, because Trackman sessions during this offseason confirmed my "on course" experience that I do not have sufficient swing speed to hit a 7i high enough to hold a green. Time to admit this fact and move on to a club that I can hit high enough to hold a green (from 120-130)

Welcome to the club, no pun intended.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

10 minutes ago, Bobbers said:

Welcome to the club, no pun intended.

Thanks and love your setup! How do you like the Halos?

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i, 9i - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Sub70 286 46* and 52* - Recoil DART 75 F3 shaft

Cleveland CBX4 58* - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

(1) Also considering G710 8i-UW and a 56* wedge of some sort

6 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

Thanks and love your setup! How do you like the Halos?

It's too soon to tell, got out for a round on a freakishly warm day in early March but the winter has returned to Wisconsin.  I'm hopeful based on the few shots but I've been overly optimistic before...

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

See, this guy gets it. That's why I have 9 putters. Keeps the gamer in line.

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Well i will be starting the season with new Ping I 525 irons , a Ping glide 4.0 47 deg. wedge and Ping glide 3.0 eye 2 54 bent to 52 degree and a Ping glide 3.0 eye 2 58 degree wedge bent to 57 degree's and going back to a Verticle Groove 12 degree driver but i will be probably be changing drivers again at some point and I am going away from fairway woods and adding a Callaway Epic super hybrid 16 degree's , my bag is static and subject to change on a whim , even i would like to keep the same clubs all season chances of that happening are pretty slim however only the shadow knows

Maltby KE4 tour TC 11 degree driver

Maltby KE 4 21 and 23 degree rescue hybrids

Ping I 525 forged irons 5 thru pw black dot

Ping glide 4.0 47 degree gap wedge

Ping glide 3.0 eye 2 54 and 58 degree wedges / all irons /wedges have tensei AV series senior flex graphite

LAB golf MEZZ 1 custom broomstick putter with Accra grapite shaft lie angle 79.5 length 46 inches

I didn't really buy these, but did.

A dozen of the new QStar tour balls. Talking with a guest yesterday after his round. He was absolutely mortified of his score (of 81) against his partner ( shot 76). Said he has always played divides and loved them. He bought the new 2024 models that morning, and said "these are bullsh!t  balls!" and They should have left them alone.

I told him to just go return them (he only used 1 ball). He said nope, I'm not laying this BS on anyone else. He told me  I could have them.  I told him I won't take advantage of anyones misfortune,  so he said if i bought him a breakfast sandwich it wasnt taking advantage.  So for $10, I now will see if these new divides are any good for MY GAME! (I've only tried the previous version once) so into the baller they went!

20240328_162900.jpg.2386d945effa1e8d9e61ce3c6f0fcc13.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Couple of dozen new Maxfli Tour balls with the new alignment marks. See if it helps soon.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Titleist has their 3 for four loyalty program going on. Ordered four dozen Prov1a as I do this time of the year, every year.  Love saving a few bucks on the number one golf ball.  Ordered them on the 22nd and being delivered today.  Decided to put a five iron back into my bag this week.  According to Titleist, should be here next week.  Just feels comfortable hitting those T350 irons.  Feel I can work the iron more than the hybrid, as I did with my previous T300s.     

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE