What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

39 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Could be a pre odyssey or early odyssey release??  Any Odyssey logo's on the putter?

That's the thing - the plate looks legit and a similar plate was used on the pre-odyssey logoed models. I just didn't find any references to this full setup (this plate plus H8 neck). It's also possible this was the Japan release or it was slightly customized or something. I'm hoping they just come back with "yes that retailer is legit, don't worry about it" (can't confirm on Callaway's website directly -Japan is not a search option, even though they have known business in Japan). 

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15* (adjusted to 15.75*), Shaft is a 50/50 split between Accra FX 2.0 300F M5 Flex and Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic TP 85 X Flex

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-PW with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 Black 56* and Chrome 60* w/Accra SPI Tour

Putter: Total headcase, so it depends on the day. Rotate between :EVNROLL: ER11V ("Murdered Out" Black edition),  :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion and a Toulon Madison 

Brand new FJ traditions were hard to pass up for $85. FF4AC7A5-665D-43F2-9AFF-C99748F73E2D.png.9c696149c60790713a4aa6e56038a842.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

2 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

That's the thing - the plate looks legit and a similar plate was used on the pre-odyssey logoed models. I just didn't find any references to this full setup (this plate plus H8 neck). It's also possible this was the Japan release or it was slightly customized or something. I'm hoping they just come back with "yes that retailer is legit, don't worry about it" (can't confirm on Callaway's website directly -Japan is not a search option, even though they have known business in Japan). 

could be Japanese release or could be from the Toulon Garage.  

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

All right Oban and Rogue ST sold. Got a Mizuno ST-G 220 with a GD IZ 5 in it. Didn’t need or want the shaft but seller prefer to keep them together. Now I gotta find an adapter for my ZF and perhaps an extra sliding weight. 

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

I am still having tryouts for a long club off the fairways.  I have not been very successful with fairway woods, 3, 4 or 5; so I've been using my old W/S D300 2H.  It's plenty accurate and has fair distance... but I want/need more.  

I recently purchased the Tour Edge C721 17º hybrid (no go); it went back, and re-ordered the new TE E722 17º hybrid when it was available... nice club and better, but not much different than my D300.  It's nice to be able to try out new clubs on course for 30 days, and that Tour Edge has free returns; I didn't even have to pay shipping.  

So now the hunt continues.  I just ordered from Callaway Golf PreOwned an Epic Max Heavenwood with the same shaft as my Epic Max driver.  CPO is having a 25% off everything sale, so the price is quite reasonable.  Let's hope that it's close to heaven when playing it.  If not then back it goes, but I have to pay shipping this time. 

Trying clubs on course is very nice, but shipping costs can get expensive. Since I don't have a fitter close by and I can only try clubs off mats with the head taped up at our only golf store, I think the 30 day trial period is worth it even with the shipping costs.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I am still having tryouts for a long club off the fairways.  I have not been very successful with fairway woods, 3, 4 or 5; so I've been using my old W/S D300 2H.  It's plenty accurate and has fair distance... but I want/need more.  

I recently purchased the Tour Edge C721 17º hybrid (no go); it went back, and re-ordered the new TE E722 17º hybrid when it was available... nice club and better, but not much different than my D300.  It's nice to be able to try out new clubs on course for 30 days, and that Tour Edge has free returns; I didn't even have to pay shipping.  

So now the hunt continues.  I just ordered from Callaway Golf PreOwned an Epic Max Heavenwood with the same shaft as my Epic Max driver.  CPO is having a 25% off everything sale, so the price is quite reasonable.  Let's hope that it's close to heaven when playing it.  If not then back it goes, but I have to pay shipping this time. 

Trying clubs on course is very nice, but shipping costs can get expensive. Since I don't have a fitter close by and I can only try clubs off mats with the head taped up at our only golf store, I think the 30 day trial period is worth it even with the shipping costs.

CPO will only charge you  $4.99 for a return shipping label, you cheap old goat! 😍

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) Distanza 

:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max D 16* NVS Orange

:cleveland-small: Hy-wood 18* Cypher

:callaway-small: Rogue ST OS 21* Cypher

:cleveland-small: Halo Launcher XL 5-DW Cypher   

:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58* DG 115

L.A.B. Golf DF2.1 BGT Stability Tour Black 65* 34”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

CPO will only charge you  $4.99 for a return shipping label, you cheap old goat! 😍

Look out! 🤣

giphy.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 7

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0

Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI 4 and 5 UST Recoil 660 F4
Irons: Maltby DBM Forged UST Recoil 660 F4
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S

Wedge: SCOR4161 46° and 50° 
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I'm telling ya dude the Cleveland Hy-wood is money! Super easy to hit and longer than a country mile. 😍

ToeHy-wwod.jpg

HYWoodBottom.jpg

• Like 6

Cleveland Launcher XL 10.5 Driver
Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW 
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 11

48 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I'm telling ya dude the Cleveland Hy-wood is money! Super easy to hit and longer than a country mile. 😍

ToeHy-wwod.jpg

HYWoodBottom.jpg

I second this!!! Club is stupid easy to hit.

• Like 4

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

51 minutes ago, ole gray said:

ToeHy-wwod.jpg

HYWoodBottom.jpg

It's on my list!!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Snagged a scorecard/yardage book. 

End of last year and first round this year I really liked letting arccos run on my phone and maintaining a score on a scorecard/using a yardage book. I’ll use the app if I’m unsure on a distance or wind but have played substantially better keeping score on paper

This will be good for the tournaments I enter too

2EA1FEBB-863E-4BD7-BE37-DE57E578C253.jpeg

030006C9-15BB-4179-9519-32743B037997.jpeg

That’s actually really nice! 👌🏼 I’m still old school in keeping a scorecard (or my phone via TheGrint 😆) in my back pocket. 

You def gave me a next purchase idea. 

• Like 2

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

On 4/6/2022 at 10:49 PM, Tyler86 said:

What mat is this?

https://thegolferspick.com/products/teestrike-champ-golf-mat-4x5

Arrived today. Feels very nice. And it will accept a normal tee (see below). Can't wait to set up net and try it out.

PXL_20220411_195552822.jpg.1bd84e7a6cfd25a035e0213dd238ac97.jpg

• Like 8

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014) / Demoing Sub70 849D

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft / Maxfli Tour

Finally found the deal I was looking for and pulled the trigger on a Ping Heppler Fetch this morning.

• Like 9

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme 9.5*
Mini Driver: :taylormade-small: Oringinal One 13.5*
Fairway: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 4 & 5 Hybrid
Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 6-GW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter: :ping-small: Heppler Fetch
Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

I525 with px io shafts. Kills two birds with one stone. Get to test both the head and compare to what I saw with i500 and the shaft which intrigues having been fit to px6.0 in a coupe different iron heads.

• Like 8

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

21 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I525 with px io shafts. Kills two birds with one stone. Get to test both the head and compare to what I saw with i500 and the shaft which intrigues having been fit to px6.0 in a coupe different iron heads.

Mizuno shaft optimizer had me in the PX IO's.  They did feel really good.  Had a similar handle feel to me as the PX LZs.  If I get serious about replacing my irons I'll have to get on a LM and get data but the Modus 120x still has killer feel for me.  But I am intrigued by the IO! 

• Like 6

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Mizuno shaft optimizer had me in the PX IO's.  They did feel really good.  Had a similar handle feel to me as the PX LZs.  If I get serious about replacing my irons I'll have to get on a LM and get data but the Modus 120x still has killer feel for me.  But I am intrigued by the IO! 

Then modus 120s are interesting shafts. I get along with them in some heads and not others. Same with $ taper. I’m not a fan of the px lz. These are purely experimental for me so we shall see. Worse case I trade em in for 921 forged or zx7

• Like 5

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

That’s actually really nice! 👌🏼 I’m still old school in keeping a scorecard (or my phone via TheGrint 😆) in my back pocket. 

You def gave me a next purchase idea. 

I just really like taking the paper out of the pocket and tracking my own stuff. GIR/FIR/putts/penalties/total.

I am able to keep a good memory of every stroke and can see if arccos has been right (which for the most part it has been). I have also added a rough 1st putt distance as well.

it has really helped me stay more focused instead of fiddling my phone, feel more engaged with the paper.

this one had really good reviews and should be here tomorrow

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

On 4/8/2022 at 8:11 AM, Hobert said:

I may have gone a bit overboard, but who knows if I'll ever get a chance to go back. Green shirt is for me, blue hat is for my wife, blue shirt is for my son, and my daughter wore her hat (same as blue except light green) to school today. Some of the other stuff may be gifted to friends.

@Josh RossThe shop was a madhouse yesterday (I think because of the rain early in the morning) so I may have missed it, but I only saw driver headcovers and various putter covers. I could not find a hybrid cover.

Masters Swag.jpg

You weren’t by chance following Tiger on Thursday, were you? 😉 

0BF66CAF-A5F3-4AD2-B0E0-60065564D951.jpeg.4238d88d749331e46a4e359c6a70a1df.jpeg

😂 Had to rewind, take a video, and send to every Canes fan I knew! 

Small side note, I’ll have to share a post about playing a Dye course in the Blacksburg area on Oct 14th … and share a separate post on Oct 15th on the college football page. 😉🙌🏼 … that trip is one of the reasons I was unable to swing the MD Regional outing. ☹️

Lastly, that’s a fantastic Masters haul that you got there! Jealous! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black