Jump to content

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)


hckymeyer

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yup, they are here in droves.  Amazing how much smarter they are than everyone, just wait they’ll tell you😁.  
Almost end of April and there’re still here.  

Yeah same here in fact the course was sold out and people were waiting on carts when I left about 2:00

  • Like 2

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 4:23 PM, chisag said:

 

... Awesome Ed. You can hit some stingers when you arrive at the range in your Gremlin after listening to Elvis on your 8 track!!!

Bonus points if it is Iron Butterfly on the 8 track. Yeah know I am now showing my age

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I've been happy with my Heavenwood for the few days I've gamed it.  Soooo, why does that give me confidence that I can hit the Epic Max 3W?  Well, here's hoping that I can.  Ordered it yesterday.  This could change may game... I just don't know if it will be for the better or worse.  

I am assuming ( and yes I know what happens when one assumes) that your Heaven Wood is like the old ones basically a 7 wood at 21* or so. 

  • Like 2

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Yeah same here in fact the course was sold out and people were waiting on carts when I left about 2:00

Funny that you stated about a crowd in that area. I was in N. Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago, and specifically made tee times around 1:30PM so we could grab dinner afterwards. Played on a Tuesday and Wednesday, both days sunny and about 70 degrees and both courses were wide open at those times.

Maybe it was because I went when the weather there can be less than ideal, but I used to go on a yearly basis with my late brother in mid-March and never saw big crowds on any of the courses.

This was the first year since 2006 that I went back, as my brother passed that year, and this year I met friends and we spent the week there together.

 

  • Like 2

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TSi3 10 degree  - Ventus Black 5S & TS3 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged - Nippon Modus 120

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron Phantom  X 5

Ball: Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I am assuming ( and yes I know what happens when one assumes) that your Heaven Wood is like the old ones basically a 7 wood at 21* or so. 

Yep!  A strong 7W at 20º with a 5W shaft.

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Bonus points if it is Iron Butterfly on the 8 track. Yeah know I am now showing my age

Actually great band.

  • Like 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just ordered a set of SM9s with the black onyx shafts. Now to patiently wait 8 weeks…

  • Like 3

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yup, they are here in droves.  Amazing how much smarter they are than everyone, just wait they’ll tell you😁.  
Almost end of April and there’re still here.  

Both you and @chisaghave spent more than a few years in the Myrtle Beach area, so you know we’re a little unique down here in the fact that there’s always one influx or another throughout the year.

Spring and Fall it’s the golf package guys. Winter is the snowbirds, and summer is family on summer vacation. Maybe it’s because I’m in my mid 60’s now, but my preference is the winter crowd. They’re either Canadian or  older folks looking for a milder winter than where they live. They’re an early to bed, early rising group, whereas the golfers and families bring the party from Spring through Fall.

@BIG STUis a little bit south of me, and it’s a little more peaceful there come this time of year I think?

  • Like 4

Driver:       :ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) 

Fairway:    :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 15*

Hybrid:      :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max OS 19* & 21*

Irons:         :cleveland-small: Launcher XL Halo 5-DW

Wedges:    :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*

Putter:       :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Stroke Lab DW 34” 

  :OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

   :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Funny that you stated about a crowd in that area. I was in N. Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago, and specifically made tee times around 1:30PM so we could grab dinner afterwards. Played on a Tuesday and Wednesday, both days sunny and about 70 degrees and both courses were wide open at those times.

Maybe it was because I went when the weather there can be less than ideal, but I used to go on a yearly basis with my late brother in mid-March and never saw big crowds on any of the courses.

This was the first year since 2006 that I went back, as my brother passed that year, and this year I met friends and we spent the week there together.

 

That actually makes sense, as the vast majority of snowbird leases end the last day of February. I’d guess maybe 25%? stay through March, and the peak golf season begins in April.

  • Like 3

Driver:       :ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) 

Fairway:    :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 15*

Hybrid:      :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max OS 19* & 21*

Irons:         :cleveland-small: Launcher XL Halo 5-DW

Wedges:    :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*

Putter:       :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Stroke Lab DW 34” 

  :OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

   :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yep!  A strong 7W at 20º with a 5W shaft.

Kenny, I don’t remember if you mentioned having the shaft shortened on your HW… I was under the impression the shaft was the same length as the one in a 3 wood? 

Driver:       :ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) 

Fairway:    :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 15*

Hybrid:      :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max OS 19* & 21*

Irons:         :cleveland-small: Launcher XL Halo 5-DW

Wedges:    :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*

Putter:       :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Stroke Lab DW 34” 

  :OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

   :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

So, you quit saying "But I'm on the right side of the ball"?  😂

In my Tuesday league, I used to tell them I was a +1 righty and the pro shop wouldn’t allow me to play from that side. Then I’d say once I sized up the group, I figured I could still take their money playing LH clubs.

That would go over like the proverbial f**t in church with the guys who believed me.

  • Haha 7

Driver:       :ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) 

Fairway:    :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 15*

Hybrid:      :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max OS 19* & 21*

Irons:         :cleveland-small: Launcher XL Halo 5-DW

Wedges:    :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*

Putter:       :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Stroke Lab DW 34” 

  :OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

   :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Both you and @chisaghave spent more than a few years in the Myrtle Beach area, so you know we’re a little unique down here in the fact that there’s always one influx or another throughout the year.

Spring and Fall it’s the golf package guys. Winter is the snowbirds, and summer is family on summer vacation. Maybe it’s because I’m in my mid 60’s now, but my preference is the winter crowd. They’re either Canadian or  older folks looking for a milder winter than where they live. They’re an early to bed, early rising group, whereas the golfers and families bring the party from Spring through Fall.

@BIG STUis a little bit south of me, and it’s a little more peaceful there come this time of year I think?

Golf course wise it is not peaceful. Indigo has been crowded since the weather broke in February. Now they do not do motel packages but advertise on Golf Now.com and do some kind of deal with Plantation resort now Wyndam Resort. It is a good layout but not the most pristine course on the Beach. But the rates reflect it. They also had a winter package deal a certain amount of rounds for a certain price if you buy a "Winter Membership" card. The Saturday Shootout has been sold out full capacity the last 2 months every Saturday. Heck today it was sold out and had people waiting on carts about 2:30 when I left.

Far as nightlife I would not know. We are sorta homebodies Usually we are home by 5:00 in the afternoon and do not leave. I do know traffic has been a mess on this end the last 2 weeks.

  • Like 4

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BIG STU said:

Golf course wise it is not peaceful. Indigo has been crowded since the weather broke in February. Now they do not do motel packages but advertise on Golf Now.com and do some kind of deal with Plantation resort now Wyndam Resort. It is a good layout but not the most pristine course on the Beach. But the rates reflect it. They also had a winter package deal a certain amount of rounds for a certain price if you buy a "Winter Membership" card. The Saturday Shootout has been sold out full capacity the last 2 months every Saturday. Heck today it was sold out and had people waiting on carts about 2:30 when I left.

Far as nightlife I would not know. We are sorta homebodies Usually we are home by 5:00 in the afternoon and do not leave. I do know traffic has been a mess on this end the last 2 weeks.

With all the building they’re doing up by me, it’s only gonna get worse. They’re even putting up developments on Water Tower Road now behind Barefoot, and that was the area devastated by the wildfires 12 years ago. 🙄

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Driver:       :ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) 

Fairway:    :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 15*

Hybrid:      :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max OS 19* & 21*

Irons:         :cleveland-small: Launcher XL Halo 5-DW

Wedges:    :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*

Putter:       :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Stroke Lab DW 34” 

  :OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

   :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Bonus points if it is Iron Butterfly on the 8 track. Yeah know I am now showing my age

I wore out Kiss Alive! on 8 track 😂

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ping CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 19° 3 Hybrid w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G25 4 - UW w/Ping CFS

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° w/KBS 105 Hi-Rev 2.0

Evnroll ER11v 34” Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Kirkland Signature v2.0

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Review

Clicgear 3.5+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

That actually makes sense, as the vast majority of snowbird leases end the last day of February. I’d guess maybe 25%? stay through March, and the peak golf season begins in April.

I got this straight from some Canadians I know--- This year if they went back before April 1st they had to take and pay for a Covid test. After April 1st they could go back in wide open. And since the weather is still bad up North this year some of the Snowbirds have extended their stay. Now on the regular tourist golf season we will get some sporadic tourist trade from Golf Now simply because of our prices. I know one group I met from WVA told me it was like 165 to play Caledonia. At our place with the card they could play like 4 rounds for that price. 

  • Like 3

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 4:23 PM, chisag said:

 

... Awesome Ed. You can hit some stingers when you arrive at the range in your Gremlin after listening to Elvis on your 8 track!!!

If I hit the those, the only stingers would be my hands. 😂

  • Haha 3

Ping CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 19° 3 Hybrid w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G25 4 - UW w/Ping CFS

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° w/KBS 105 Hi-Rev 2.0

Evnroll ER11v 34” Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Kirkland Signature v2.0

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Review

Clicgear 3.5+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

With all the building they’re doing up by me, it’s only gonna get worse. They’re even putting up developments on Water Tower Road now behind Barefoot, and that was the area devastated by the wildfires 12 years ago. 🙄

Yep How well I know right below me where 17 Business and 17 BP meet they are putting in houses and right up from me by Tupelo Bay they put like several hundred tiny houses all for tourist lease. Now they just shot down some development planned for 707. The roads in this area simply can not handle the traffic. One of the reasons we are thinking about dragging up from here. But we have no idea where we want to go

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Yep How well I know right below me where 17 Business and 17 BP meet they are putting in houses and right up from me by Tupelo Bay they put like several hundred tiny houses all for tourist lease. Now they just shot down some development planned for 707. The roads in this area simply can not handle the traffic. One of the reasons we are thinking about dragging up from here. But we have no idea where we want to go

How crazy is it that they want to build off 707?

They just finished that big road expansion project for the traffic they couldn’t handle before this boom. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver:       :ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) 

Fairway:    :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 15*

Hybrid:      :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max OS 19* & 21*

Irons:         :cleveland-small: Launcher XL Halo 5-DW

Wedges:    :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*

Putter:       :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Stroke Lab DW 34” 

  :OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

   :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

 

 

             

             

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

How crazy is it that they want to build off 707?

They just finished that big road expansion project for the traffic they couldn’t handle before this boom. 

@BIG STU, @Grand Stranded With all these new communities I'm surprised that so many golf courses have closed and sold to developers. Its sounding like making last minute tee times in your areas are going to be a thing of the past and a round might take 5 to 6 hours. 

Have either of you noticed compressed tee time spacing yet?

See you in 4 weeks!

  • Like 4

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tom the Golf Nut said:

@BIG STU, @Grand Stranded With all these new communities I'm surprised that so many golf courses have closed and sold to developers. Its sounding like making last minute tee times in your areas are going to be a thing of the past and a round might take 5 to 6 hours. 

Have either of you noticed compressed tee time spacing yet?

See you in 4 weeks!

Yeah they have been stacking them at Indigo all this season

Yep come on down maybe we can play this time give me a call

  • Like 3

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • GolfSpy_APH changed the title to What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...