What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

8 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I splurged on Saturday tickets for the PGA. Gonna use the included food and bev for all its worth. 😂

23 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Spent a good amount on tickets the last two days. Thursday it was PGA Championship Tickets for Wednesday in 2023, see you there @bens197, today it was tickets to go see Garth Brooks in Buffalo in July

@Berg RymanI will see you then my friend 🙂

Joke is on them @MattWillGolf we can eat 🙂

• Haha 6
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

Just bought a new range finder since my Bushnell Pro XE that is two months out of warranty stopped working. Stupidly I bought another Bushnell since it was a really great price. Apparently I really like to double down on stupid 😂

• Haha 7

WITB

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* GD AD DI 7x

:callaway-small: X2Hot 3 Deep GD AD GT 8x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* GD AD GT 8x

PXG 0317 22* Nippon G.O.S.T X

PXG 0311 5 -PW KBS $Taper 130

PXG Sugar Daddy 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG TI S400

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 34"

Bought my wife an Epic Max driver, 5W, and 7W from the Callaway preowned store.   Next step is to get her to a nearby fitter for irons .... She has just recently taken golf up again after 30+ years of not playing and was using a set of clubs that a female friend gave her that were all senior shafted clubs.  While she does need the added length, she struggles with the weight and stiffness of the shafts.  She did take my Scotty Cameron Platinum Pro putter and put it in her bag.  

For myself, I bought...ummm....hey!  Nothing!  Oh, wait.  I did buy some Maxfli Tour X golf balls.

• Like 5

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 4 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

5 hours ago, CarlH said:

Bought my wife an Epic Max driver, 5W, and 7W from the Callaway preowned store.   Next step is to get her to a nearby fitter for irons .... She has just recently taken golf up again after 30+ years of not playing and was using a set of clubs that a female friend gave her that were all senior shafted clubs.  While she does need the added length, she struggles with the weight and stiffness of the shafts.  She did take my Scotty Cameron Platinum Pro putter and put it in her bag.  

For myself, I bought...ummm....hey!  Nothing!  Oh, wait.  I did buy some Maxfli Tour X golf balls.

Great choice!  I added the Epic Max 3W, Heavenwood, and 9W to my bag this spring.  Easiest FWs I've ever hit.

I'm also loving the Maxfli Tour X so far.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Three dozen Z-Star! Used the Dick’s gift card, so I got them for $50!!! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

25 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Three dozen Z-Star! Used the Dick’s gift card, so I got them for $50!!! 

Solid deal!!!

• Love 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

Picked up some tour velvet style Karma grips for my 790 PX IO combo. Also gonna try my hand at some reminder ribs.  Not a lot of info/reviews out there but I have always wondered about them.  Got some Golfworks ones and I’m hoping I can still blow my grips on while using them. 

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Arrived on Father's Day!  3 Spin Milled Square Groove Vokey wedges, 52, 56, and 60°.  I got a good deal on eBay, I really have to stop browsing there.  The wedges need a bath and they have some battle scars, but they have plenty of grooves left. For under $100, I'm pretty happy with them. 

PXL_20220619_193224439.jpg.715301c1b0e6dda8b17d59ac913c19b4.jpg  

PXL_20220619_193308793.jpg.4b83b81cd8fbc8a4f1037d1ad49e94fa.jpg

• Like 7

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 3/F Baffler Rail F 15.5°

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra BiO Cell Red 4 - PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 52°, 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Ball: :titleist-small: Velocity Matte Orange

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

Less bought, more gifted a new Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag for Father’s Day. It replaces my second hand Lynx bag I picked up 6 years ago at play it again sports. I’ll do a deep dive once the beta review area is up and running. Overall though, it’s AMAZING and Moose-approved!

810E322E-1610-4608-8519-A430E8293353.jpeg.1c133c6a51ef12717cc68176cd983cc7.jpeg

• Like 5

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx Max 10.5°, MCG C6 Red 50 R

Wood:     :nike-small: Nike VR S Covert Fairway Wood 3 Wood 3W 15° Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black 60 Graphite Regular

Hybrid:     :titleist-small: TS2 4 23° 5 25°, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black 60 Graphite Regular

Irons:       :callaway-small: X-20 Irons (5-SW)

Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 - 54.11 (56°), :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 - 60.10; :Fuji: Vista PRO 60i R

Putter:      :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro 1

Bag:         :taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag 2022

Balls:      MaxFli Tour

1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

There goes the plan to get fit and then decide afterwards. 

Sometimes the best laid plans go awry. Those are good looking heads and I think you'll be happy with them. The 699 pro both look and feel good, I'm glad you got a good deal on them!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Well @blackngold_blood was ridiculous and gave me a price too good to pass up. I bought @Sub70 699 pro heads from him. Going to buy the same shafts I have in my current irons and build them and put them into service within the next two weeks and see how I like them. There goes the plan to get fit and then decide afterwards. 

The black hole of being a golf equipment junkie. You can never have too much though, right? Congrats on your newest purchase. 

• Like 5

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:titleist-small: TS2 3W w/ Project HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:mizuno-small: T22 54° SW w/ TT DG S400

:callaway-small:  MD3 60° LW 

:ping-small: Anser 2

16 hours ago, Ohms said:

Got a Tour edge CABL-1 Putter a few weeks ago. It's a little weird, it's got a big blade head with the weight of a mallet. It's kind of a blallet? The aim lines are cool, there are a bunch so I can intentionally hit it closer to the toe and still be lined up (I do that with weighty putters sometimes). it has a 38" shaft with a pistol type grip- I like that you can either use the extra length as a counterbalance or putt more upright (easier on the lower back). It came with about 3° of toe hang, so you have to work to pull a putt! It rolls nice and I've played it on fast Bermuda and slow Bent grasses with pretty much equal success (although with its weight- it seems tuned to slower greens). 

Alternate View 1 of Tour Edge HP-Series #1 Counter-Balanced Putter

I'm averaging under 2 putts per hole so far with it and drained at least a couple 15- 20 foot birdies per round.

At $99 it's been a great buy.

This looks very similar to the old Scotty Detour putter.  I still use mine some times   Can’t seem to part with it, since it was my first Scotty!

• Like 2

:titelist-small:  TSi 3   9.0  AV Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 AV Raw White 75 Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3 21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

Haywood  5-PW iron Signature - Recoil 780 ES F4 Stiff - Bent 2 deg flat

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 - 12 KBS Tour Wedge

:taylormade-small:  60 - 10 Tour Preferred - KBS Tour Wedge 

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021

4 hours ago, KC Golf said:

This looks very similar to the old Scotty Detour putter.  I still use mine some times   Can’t seem to part with it, since it was my first Scotty!

I can't seem to part with any putter- they all find their way back on the course at varying times with varying success.

My old Nubbins went in the bag a few years ago during a SPIDR grip change and held the starting position for a whole season. It still goes on many of my golf trips- as a kind of security blanket in case my current putter gets any ideas that it's not replaceable!

• Like 3

Mostly :taylormade-small: ITB. SIMMs, P790s...etc

Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze, Gretchen?

Ordered 3 dozen of the Srixon Z Star XV. Should be in next week.

Have a fairway wood fitting Thursday at Redtail Golf Center just to see if the Rouge ST LS can actually beat out my super hybrid head to head. They said they would honor the callaway trade in bonus, so fingers are crossed.

• Like 7

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35"

My Reviews:

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer lite

After getting too frustrated with my 14 divider Cobra bag which was too tight for my new GP Plus 4 midsize grips, got this 4 divider Titleist stand bag in grey..

Looked at a lot of bags, but liked the style of his one.  The straps seemed comfortable too.

it’s lighter than my old bag and the club chatter is actually not too bad.

I loved the extra touch of the interior pockets lined with a relief contour map of a golf course.  Nice touch.

I have a question for you Titleist stand bag owners… 🙏

What do you put into the magnetic easy access pocket which sits close to the bottom half of the bag?  Couldn’t find any good answers online,  it’s an unzippered pocket and it’s close to the bottom of the bag with magnetic close, so it’s confusing to me….  Range finder? Putter head cover?

1E3D072A-D03F-47FD-8005-32D07B30AF6D.jpeg.85277878c5cfea44af9f3f1d24e6542f.jpeg5EB67A49-CC0F-402E-A63D-16328922642A.jpeg.264b3060f1aed30bf2cb400b289acc23.jpeg94CB54C1-23BD-4C77-8AD7-CCA06ACCE63B.jpeg.cc06e99b25692d5cde29fba35f362491.jpeg

• Like 7

:titelist-small:  TSi 3   9.0  AV Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 AV Raw White 75 Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3 21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

Haywood  5-PW iron Signature - Recoil 780 ES F4 Stiff - Bent 2 deg flat

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 - 12 KBS Tour Wedge

:taylormade-small:  60 - 10 Tour Preferred - KBS Tour Wedge 

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png