What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Put my irons together today. Purchased the pre-measured lengths for my irons and noticed that they are longer than my old irons by half inch or so. Going to see how this works out for me, guess I should have checked the lengths but they were supposed to be cut for the length of the irons they were meant to fit. My driver came into was supposed to be used but is wrapped in plastic and brand new SCORE!

41A5B119-68D6-44CB-BC98-AEBA10F7B7AE.jpeg

7B282709-2DFA-436F-8CE1-8FF15B8B16B5.jpeg

Where did you get the driver from? There a couple of places online that I have ordered from that were “used” clubs but when the clubs arrived they were still brand new. Absolutely love that feeling! 

• Like 3

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:titleist-small: TS2 3W w/ Project HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:mizuno-small: T22 54° SW w/ TT DG S400

:callaway-small:  MD3 60° LW 

:ping-small: Anser 2

9 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

Where did you get the driver from? There a couple of places online that I have ordered from that were “used” clubs but when the clubs arrived they were still brand new. Absolutely love that feeling! 

Rock bottom had a sale and said it was lightly used but was absolutely not used at all

• Like 5

1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

Rock bottom had a sale and said it was lightly used but was absolutely not used at all

That’s awesome! Hopefully you’ll be hitting bombs with it. 

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:titleist-small: TS2 3W w/ Project HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:mizuno-small: T22 54° SW w/ TT DG S400

:callaway-small:  MD3 60° LW 

:ping-small: Anser 2

1 minute ago, ParFore74x said:

That’s awesome! Hopefully you’ll be hitting bombs with it. 

I’ll be happy if I hit the carry I did in my fitting 250 carry is my total of my 3w so a little extra distance won’t hurt

• Like 6

Sold one of my putters and picked up another one today.   Went with a TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Single Bend Putter.

spider x hydro blast sb putter.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Hmmm 1

Cleveland Launcher XL 10.5 Driver
Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo Hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW 
Cleveland CBX ZipCore 48 52 & 56 Degree Wedges
Seemore  SBC20  Platinum Putter

On 7/19/2022 at 2:45 PM, tommc23 said:

Put my irons together today. Purchased the pre-measured lengths for my irons and noticed that they are longer than my old irons by half inch or so. Going to see how this works out for me, guess I should have checked the lengths but they were supposed to be cut for the length of the irons they were meant to fit. My driver came into was supposed to be used but is wrapped in plastic and brand new SCORE!

41A5B119-68D6-44CB-BC98-AEBA10F7B7AE.jpeg

7B282709-2DFA-436F-8CE1-8FF15B8B16B5.jpeg

That's awesome! I've heard nothing but good things about the Callaway Epic Max LS. Hopefully you'll be hitting long, straight bombs with it. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome! I've heard nothing but good things about the Callaway Epic Max LS. Hopefully you'll be hitting long, straight bombs with it. 

Lucky enough to test it for MSG last year and I agree it is a great performer. Still gaming it and it is producing well. Hope it works for you too!

• Like 7

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review)
:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5-PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i S
:Hogan: Equalizer 52°/56°  KBS Tour V 110 S | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 7/13/2022 at 12:34 PM, chisag said:

.. When I was a DJ in Chicago I took a job with an ex fellow employe in Ft Piece Fl for better wages, a 5 day work week and of course the ocean and warm weather. Got there and hated everything about it from the sleepy retirement community to the radio station. Worked one afternoon shift and turned around and drove back to Chicago. The RX7 was a ton of fun as I was in it several days and when I got back to Chicago just inside the city limits, I got a speeding ticket right where it drops from 65 to 55 and a speed trap. To his credit, the cop saw my car was packed with my stuff and when I told him I spent one day in FL and missed Chicago he said show up for court and he would make sure the ticket was thrown out. And he did. AS you know that rotary engine was so smooth it was easy to speed as it always felt like you weren't traveling that fast. Imagine I will have the same problem when my Genesis GV60 EV finally arrives going 0-60 in 4.8 seconds without a sound. 🤪

On 7/13/2022 at 12:49 PM, azstu324 said:

I had another friend years ago with an M3 who also would swap me for my truck. He had it all juiced up with a chip and other goodies. That thing was a whole other level of fast . For me anyway 😋

If I recall, it was a sub 4.5 0-60 with the aftermarket stuff. 6 speed manual that drove on rails. Talk about a butt puckering experience 

Catching up on this thread....

Y'all are making me miss my old Toyota Supra, with the inline 6.  Thankful it wasn't a turbo...   LOL

• Like 3

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

I probably missed a post somewhere but what are the irons? 

I just put some fresh new black Pure's on my irons last week! Forgot how much I loved these grips! I bought a set of 13 brand spanky grips for $30 from a guy. Found them on OfferUp. Not sure if it was a "fell off the truck" special or what but when they're selling for $9-11/ea I don't ask questions.. 😬

The grips are so stretchy that I was able to make a putter grip out of one. I built it up to a straight no taper putter size using aluminum duct tape (x2 the weight of masking tape) and to equal the size and weight of the Edel 85g grip that the putter was built with. 

So far my favorite putter grip ever! 

I love those grips I have other grips on clubs I’ve tested or purchased and always switch them to the Pure. They are Sub70 699pro. 

• Like 4

On 7/17/2022 at 4:31 PM, Rickp said:

Huh!!  I get the same thing.  I thought it was the LH club equipment only.

LOL most of the stuff I look at it will say Reduced like 20 % for quick sale. I have not bought anything off duh bay for years now. Last thing I "bought" was funny. I put in to buy the Jones bag I have now. Got a PM on WRX asking if it was me? Yeah I told the guy. He pulled the ad off the Bay and sent me the bag free because he only wanted like $25 at the time plus shipping. I did make him take my money for the shipping prices. We have done quite a few trade deals in the past. Last thing I bought on line was from one of my buds on FB on Forged Club Appreciation. About 2 years ago I bought another FC=4000 11 iron to match the one in my set of FCs. I love those wedges---- I deal only with Money Orders and a lot of us guys deal on trust. Most guys now deal with Pay Pal or Vemmo and do not do FB pay either. Too many Government snoops got their noses in our business

• Like 3

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

4 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

Catching up on this thread....

Y'all are making me miss my old Toyota Supra, with the inline 6.  Thankful it wasn't a turbo...   LOL

My wife had one with the Turbo DOHC 6 and as SOP for her she wrecked it. Do not know if you know or not that engine was a reverse engineered DOHC Jaguar engine. That thing would fly. I bought it from the original owner and it had sat for like 5 years or so because he got in bad health. That was one running SOB. I kicked many a hot Mustang and Camaro's butt with it and it ate Z-71 pickups butt for breakfast lunch and dinner. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

7 hours ago, BIG STU said:

My wife had one with the Turbo DOHC 6 and as SOP for her she wrecked it. Do not know if you know or not that engine was a reverse engineered DOHC Jaguar engine. That thing would fly. I bought it from the original owner and it had sat for like 5 years or so because he got in bad health. That was one running SOB. I kicked many a hot Mustang and Camaro's butt with it and it ate Z-71 pickups butt for breakfast lunch and dinner. 

I didn't know about the Jaguar connection, interesting. 

Crazy torque from that thing.  I had 245s on the rear, but it would break loose taking a curve if I wasn't careful on dry pavement.  If it was wet, I'd have to slow down to avoid fishtailing thru the corner.

Those days are gone.  😉

• Like 3

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

On 7/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, Kenny B said:

Well.....  I did it.  I hate eBay!   I probably can't hit it, but I thought it would be fun to have it around to play with.  Might need a lesson from Jack.

A MacGregor MT Tourney Custom 1-iron; belonged to Lionel Hebert, a 5 time PGA Tour champion and winner of the 1957 PGA Championship.  How could I pass this up??

MT-1.jpeg.4309263225c4b37a2419c6ff0691b0cc.jpeg

MT-2.jpeg.315e65bbca79b013e48f185925c3e5a4.jpeg

Took the 1-iron to my practice session today.  Well, I can hit it... not very high up in the air and not very far... oh yeah, and it hurt!!  Must have missed the sweet spot.  🤣  The shaft is waaaay too stiff for me. It's in such beautiful shape that I don't want to fiddle with it, so I guess it becomes decoration in my new hitting bay when it's finished.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Took the 1-iron to my practice session today.  Well, I can hit it... not very high up in the air and not very far... oh yeah, and it hurt!!  Must have missed the sweet spot.  🤣  The shaft is waaaay too stiff for me. It's in such beautiful shape that I don't want to fiddle with it, so I guess it becomes decoration in my new hitting bay when it's finished.

I could use a practice aid 😆😉

• Haha 4

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/2" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue  :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35"

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 115 in the MGS Speed Challenge

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

ShotScope G3 using the MGS50 deal ... Not for me (have a V3) but a gift for a friend's kid who's other watch I'd given him previously died.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

PXG 0211 3H with PX Cypher 50g in 5.0 flex .. finding I'm liking lighter, and slightly more flexy, shafts (eg. vs a 60g 5.5).

This one has a really nice solid whack when you catch it right, and seems to be pretty easy to hit. Been struggling to reliably hit a FW .. 5W or 7W .. reliably so for now 😉 this is my "long" (non-tee) club.

• Like 7

..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

PXG 0211 3H with PX Cypher 50g in 5.0 flex .. finding I'm liking lighter, and slightly more flexy, shafts (eg. vs a 60g 5.5).

This one has a really nice solid whack when you catch it right, and seems to be pretty easy to hit. Been struggling to reliably hit a FW .. 5W or 7W .. reliably so for now 😉 this is my "long" (non-tee) club.

Same shaft I have in my Callaway driver, 3W, HeavenWood, and 9W.  Seems to fit my swing pretty well.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 7/13/2022 at 8:14 PM, bens197 said:

...I'd rather go low than look cool.

Why can't we have *both*??!!??

Ohh riiighht .. we're not tour pros... 🤪

Ha but after all it's ..not How but how Many...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2022 at 9:23 PM, NRJyzr said:

I didn't know about the Jaguar connection, interesting. 

Crazy torque from that thing.  I had 245s on the rear, but it would break loose taking a curve if I wasn't careful on dry pavement.  If it was wet, I'd have to slow down to avoid fishtailing thru the corner.

Those days are gone.  😉

That is how she wrecked the thing too fast skidding on a wet road and I had new Pirelli tires on it too. Now days she has the sedate Mini Van----- She has wrecked 3 cars since we have been here 20 years one was not her fault---- I told her when she wrecked the Yoda that at the time in 10 years on the beach she wrecked more cars here than I did all the years I raced on the track.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)