hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

XR16 5W and MD3 50° off Callaway Pre-Owned.

(and trading in a no longer used hybrid)

Yeah, I know it's weird to quote yourself but just a quick follow-up: very much liking the 5W and trading in a second hybrid that it's replacing .. without testing them side-by-side at the range and after only one round with it.

(but hey don't call me impulsive...)

Similar with the 50°: been thinking for a while to swap out the Gap wedge that's a part of the current iron set, and happy that I finally have.

I picked up an Australian soaker hat from amazon.  I had one a few years back and loved it so now I can protect my ole noggin from the hot summer sun!

610UVza3JZL._SY355_.jpg

• Like 3

I picked up a Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5 wood in excellent condition for $112 on eBay a week ago. I've been able to take it to the range once, but first impressions have been positive. Easy to control wood given the short shaft length, with shots that are straight and penetrating.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Two, my 917 F2 FW arrived late last week. And this week I ordered a combo set of Srixon 565/765.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

IMG_0194.JPG

Yardage book. Saving up for new putter! Just couldn't pass up the sale

I've bought a few things lately. I don't have photos of everything, but I feel like I needed some heavier shafts to see if it would cut down on the inconsistencies of my iron game, I feel like I strike the ball pretty well most of the time, but one time it will go right and the next time it goes left, distance is good, but i can't control left and right, I think it is caused by the shaft being to light, so I bought some apollo Black Steel shafts, not super expensive, but they were the right flex and weight I was looking for without breaking the bank. I could have gone with the bigger names but I wasn't willing to pay 25-30 bucks per shaft for this. Anyway they turned out ok. The grips are the Callaway lime green standard, with 2 wraps of blue painters tape and put on with air. Here's a couple of photos completed. IMG_2175.JPGIMG_2177.JPGIMG_2178.JPGIMG_2176.JPG

• Like 4

Got a 2017 Sun Mountain 2 Five.  Needed the lightest possible to walk my course on the reg and TGW had a two-day shipping free sale, so it's coming tomorrow.  Walked my course yesterday with my pull cart and am looking forward to seeing how walking with a lighter weight just straps compares.  I need the exercise, so once I hoof it there regularly, any where else will be a cake walk.

• Like 2

3 clubs were recently added to my bag. Cobra f7 3 wood, best 3 wood I've ever used. Can't see it leaving the bag for a very very long time. That and callaway MD3 black 56,60 wedges. Which I really can't complain about! So far good clubs.

• Like 2

Two, my 917 F2 FW arrived late last week. And this week I ordered a combo set of Srixon 565/765.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app[/quote

And next week an Epic!!! With HZRDUS Yellow

• Like 1

I picked up a Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5 wood in excellent condition for $112 on eBay a week ago. I've been able to take it to the range once, but first impressions have been positive. Easy to control wood given the short shaft length, with shots that are straight and penetrating.

I was hitting my Cobra F6 baffler, set to 16* terrific today. I do love it.

I also gave the F6 set at 16* and live it!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I've bought a few things lately. I don't have photos of everything, but I feel like I needed some heavier shafts to see if it would cut down on the inconsistencies of my iron game, I feel like I strike the ball pretty well most of the time, but one time it will go right and the next time it goes left, distance is good, but i can't control left and right, I think it is caused by the shaft being to light, so I bought some apollo Black Steel shafts, not super expensive, but they were the right flex and weight I was looking for without breaking the bank. I could have gone with the bigger names but I wasn't willing to pay 25-30 bucks per shaft for this. Anyway they turned out ok. The grips are the Callaway lime green standard, with 2 wraps of blue painters tape and put on with air. Here's a couple of photos completed. attachicon.gifIMG_2175.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2177.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2178.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2176.JPG

Those shafts look great with those green grips.  Nice combo!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app[/quote

And next week an Epic!!! With HZRDUS Yellow

I don't think so!!  The 917 is firmly entrenched in the bag......Until it's not  :D

• Like 1

Finally got my new Ping Vault Oslo today! Thing looks and feels sweet. Only thing I'm iffy on is the length. Got fitted by Ping for a 35" but my normal gamers have all been 34" inches. Will take some getting used to.

IMG_20170512_171026.jpg

IMG_20170512_171037.jpg

IMG_20170512_171047.jpg

IMG_20170512_171100.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got my new Ping Vault Oslo today! Thing looks and feels sweet. Only thing I'm iffy on is the length. Got fitted by Ping for a 35" but my normal gamers have all been 34" inches. Will take some getting used to.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170512_171026.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170512_171037.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170512_171047.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170512_171100.jpg

It's truly amazing how much difference one inch can make!   Whether it be a putter or driver an inch feels like a foot.

• Like 1

20170512_200907_HDR-1.jpg

A couple of nice leather boxing glove headcovers on clearance from 3balls for 6.00 with 5 cent cinco de mayo shipping

These are Cleveland but you can barely see it....look generic

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Front seats came in for the cart and I got them installed this week!

IMG_5793.JPG

• Like 6

Sweet Cart GSM!!

It's truly amazing how much difference one inch can make!   Whether it be a putter or driver an inch feels like a foot.

I can't believe we're letting this one slide :)

• Like 5

I started typing then, just hit the backspace button several times and moved on. Lol

• Like 3

I started typing then, just hit the backspace button several times and moved on. Lol

You boys ain't right

• Like 1

I thought about making a comment, but what's an inch or two among guys? 😉
  • Like 1