Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Please, please

JohnBarry

Can someone come out with a new golf/clothing line that is new, bold, and different. All the brands look a like, someone go out and set the trend instead of following it!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

How about some examples of what you have in mind? Pictures, links, etc.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Can someone come out with a new golf/clothing line that is new, bold, and different. All the brands look a like, someone go out and set the trend instead of following it!

I agree with you that pretty much everything looks alike these days.  However, Fila Golf polos are carried at Kohls and they are at least bucking the trend of $60+ polos.

I saw this and it caught my eye; if it would have had a button down pocket it would be on it's way already.

Alial Fital is nice. I am looking for unique designs for patterns, contrast stitching for shorts, shirts and pants, I want to see some plaids and maddress worked into garmets (doesn't have to dominate the design).

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

How out there are you looking for? Loudmouth Golf type of out there?

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Is it perhaps that we are told there is a trend, when in fact, when you go to the course, everyone just wears "clothing?" I really don't see too many trends out there. Passing fancy a la Ricky neon? Yes. Too much damn gray? Definitely.

I peruse the sale racks at the green grass pro shops near the end of the year. Kinda fun to get some polos with course logos on them. I like the course logo'd hats too. Good conversation starter sometimes.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I always like clothing that is different from Nike, Puma, Etc...  Alial Fital shirts are fantastic.  I also loved Sub70, but it seems they are no longer selling here in the states.   If you come across anything that is different, would love to hear about it.

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock

Greg Norman found at Macy's. The Fit is Terrific and they come out opf the dryer with no wrinkles(My wife says)

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Would love to do my own line, and ZingBarry would be great!

I even work in the clothing business but sadly, the urban clothing business. I could source it I am sure, I know a lot about building and selling lines. But, I am broke of course! Or I would have doen it.

As for trends, I see trends in clothing all the time, things change every year and trends come back around too. Loudmouth is ok, but I would be a little more subtle them they are.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• 1 month later...

I hate to use differing sporting analogies, but I think perhaps the ball might be in your court on this one.

With over a billion possible combinations of what you (or anyone else) might consider acceptably trendy or cutting edge clothing for playing golf, then it's fair to say the brands in general have done their part of the bargain. 

How about the Carmen Miranda look for headwear alone?

Fruit Salad hats maybe a bit far fetched, but, floral prints are trending up!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

This is a pair of pants I am in love with!

vintagepink_flamingosmenpants_1.jpg

I won't lie.. If I was paired up with someone wearing these pants, I'd excuse myself from the group and wait for the next available slot to tee off.. They just don't do it for me and I'm not sure I could look at them for 4 hours.

Ahh, but how about if it was match play, I would sure throw you off your game!!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• 4 months later...

Archived