TESTERS WANTED! ×

Does The Masters NEED Tiger?

Mr_Theoo

What do you think? Does the masters need Tiger?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

The PGA Tour does, the Masters? Not so much IMO. It's the one tournament that people will watch. It just proves that it's all about the buzz and not the substance because its field is no where near as strong as the World a golf events or the other majors. But it's the week after the NCAA tournament so CBS gets to plug the heck out of it and it reminds folks that spring is here.

The Bayhill event whatever it's called needs Tiger, the other majors need him but not the

Asters even though his presence would boost TV ratings some beyond a doubt.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Like the guy in the video said, writers grasping for story lines early in the event probably really hope he is there. But the Masters itself, nope. It's bigger than Tiger.

Would it be nice if he is there? Absolutely. I'm sure we will hear about him whether he is there or not. But there are plenty of good story lines coming into this year even with Tiger being absent on the tour.

TIBA Putt - Discover your best stroke.

Agree with Tiba and Rev, The Masters doesn't need Tiger.  It's the first major of the year and it's The Masters.  People will watch no matter who is playing.

The funny part though is that he will be in the headlines either way.  Either for missing it or playing in it.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Kind of agree with Rev, the tournaments week in week out on the PGA tour need Tiger (or perhaps more accurately - top quality fields).

Of the majors only the PGA needs any sort of boost and even then I'm not sure.

The Open and US open are special without Tiger; the Masters is just special full stop.

Tiger will still make headlines whatever happens, Which is a shame because there's so much good stuff going on in golf that we should focus on.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I agree with TIBA, that tournament is way bigger than tiger. I just hope that if he doesn't play the announcers don't go all ESPN talking about LeBron and mention tiger every minute.

What the Masters needs and I think what golf needs is an amateur to contend on Sunday. That would be an epic story.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

The Masters will be just fine without Tiger. I'm officially stating the Tiger era is over. Oh sure, he'll be around from time to time and perhaps win again.? I didn't get to really observe the Hogan period or the Sneed period, etc but somehow golf survived and so did I. I was around but too young then and didn't really pay attention. I lived through and watched the Palmer, Nicklaus eras. Again, golf survived and prospered. Tiger is exceptional. However, the "media" created their monster called Tiger Woods and now they are in a freak out to discover he's only human. Human nature always wrecks the media's defined narrative. Tiger doesn't owe the Media anything. They built their business around and assumed he'd be Tiger forever. Sorry... he's just a golfer. A very good one in fact. But at the end of the day he's just a guy. It's been fun but it's over.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Real easy answer. Whats the event name? The Tigers? Tigers Master's?

nope.

its The Masters.

Period

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Tiger only needs to be there if and only if the media can control themselves and ignore him completely if he's 20 shots out of the lead or misses the cut. To date, they have proven they just can't help themselves. And it really strengthens my perceptions of how many "hangers-on" there are in golf and especially the golf media.

Did anyone else ever elicit a "Tiger-proofing" of Augusta? Anyone? He was special. Was being the operative word. Now its devolved into a sideshow more akin to Daly than the former world #1.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

It would be nice to see him there, but there are so many golfers that are playing really well right now, that I don't think any tournament "needs" him to attend. He is on his way down, that doesn't mean he won't win again, he just won't be on top anymore

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

If he's playing well - he's always an asset to a tournament. If he's not - I think he can take away from good coverage of the tournament. Instead of talking about whose playing well or showing great shots, they tend to only talk about Tiger and his game and ALLLLLLL the speculations that swirl when that happens.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

The Masters and PGA Tour need Tiger to win. They don't need him to show up and miss the cut. if he doesn't show up, who cares, there are other stories.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

In a word?  NO.  Augusta doesn't need anyone.  It's a spectacle in and of itself.  The Masters will always draw viewers, you could have a field full of amateurs.  It's the biggest spectacle in golf, and it's got the best coverage on the planet.  Does the Tour even need Tiger at this point?  I'd say no, not really.  He does help with some casual fans, but as a whole, the Tour doesn't really need him now with the depth of the fields week in and week out.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived