TESTERS WANTED! ×

SPY PICS! - PING K15 Driver!

• SPY VIP

We had been hearing about this driver for sometime but just got our first pics from one of our sources. We are looking to get more info on this model for you guys. Will update this as soon as I hear anything.

ping-k15-driver.jpg

#TruthDigest

We had been hearing about this driver for sometime but just got our first pics from one of our sources. We are looking to get more info on this model for you guys. Will update this as soon as I hear anything.

Interesting. I have the G15 and i15 both and love them both. I will for sure have to check this out, assuming it's not a Japanese only model.

looks huge may be the camera but yea id try it

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

I'll be very interested to hear what this is going to offer to set it apart from the G, I, and Rapture models. Is is "between" player and forgiveness? Adjustable?

The pics don't show the hosel area. I'm thinking maybe that was intentional to not giveaway that it is probably adjustable/replaceable shaft.

• SPY VIP

Actually a standard hosel on the K15 XXIO.

The pics don't show the hosel area. I'm thinking maybe that was intentional to not giveaway that it is probably adjustable/replaceable shaft.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Rapture is no more, K15 will be serious game improvement product.

How can you get more game improvement than the G15? I hit the first generation Rapture and it didn't seem to be more forgiving than the G10. What design element am I missing here? SGI vs. GI driver?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Rapture is no more, K15 will be serious game improvement product.

That, and K for Karsten would be my guess as well. Maybe it'll be released in August alongside the Anser irons, or on September 15th to commemorate his 99th birthday. Can't wait to see what they do for his 100th, I've got a good feeling about it though.

The G series was already PING's "Game Improvement" series, while the awesome, but seriously aging and not dropping in price Rapture/V2 series was the "Super Game Improvement". This is noted on PINGgolf.com in the breakdowns of their clubs.

I play Rapture fairways and a Hybrid, had the driver before I upgraded to a Diablo. Great clubs, incredibly forgiving. Need to reshaft the 3, 5 and H though at some point this season, I've quickly outgrown the R flex. No clue where to start, I'm only in my second year. XD

Ping drivers have always had the best feel and performance IMO.

Driver - Titleis 910 D3 8.5*

3Metal - Ping G30 15*

3Hy - Ping G30

4-PW - Ping Anser

Wedgies - Ping Gorge 50* 54* 58*

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura X5

www.sohilly.com/golf.cfm

• SPY VIP

Welcome to the MGS Forum!

That, and K for Karsten would be my guess as well. Maybe it'll be released in August alongside the Anser irons, or on September 15th to commemorate his 99th birthday. Can't wait to see what they do for his 100th, I've got a good feeling about it though.

The G series was already PING's "Game Improvement" series, while the awesome, but seriously aging and not dropping in price Rapture/V2 series was the "Super Game Improvement". This is noted on PINGgolf.com in the breakdowns of their clubs.

I play Rapture fairways and a Hybrid, had the driver before I upgraded to a Diablo. Great clubs, incredibly forgiving. Need to reshaft the 3, 5 and H though at some point this season, I've quickly outgrown the R flex. No clue where to start, I'm only in my second year. XD

#TruthDigest

I really like the Ping stuff I have tried, but don't happen to own any. My first thought on the "K" model was "What happened to H and J?" Yanno... G (H) I (J) K .... bet the next one will be M! LOL!

I bet my brother will buy one of these, as he is a Ping lover and hasn't bought anything new since the first Rapture. Heh, I'll give his a try! LOL!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

• SPY VIP

Any guesses on the type of hot pepper that will go with it? Hot peppers and death themes on the shafts, rock on Aldila!

Red Savina? Scotch Bonnet?

Gravedigger? Undertaker?

Maybe change to Aldila Sunshine or Aldila Kitten :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Any guesses on the type of hot pepper that will go with it? Hot peppers and death themes on the shafts, rock on Aldila!

Red Savina? Scotch Bonnet?

Gravedigger? Undertaker?

Maybe change to Aldila Sunshine or Aldila Kitten :lol:

In the great words of Mr. Hand (at Aldila): What are you, people? On dope?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

In all seriousness, I always though the Rapture name was weird anyway. Raptor would have been cooler. Rapture is just odd.

It makes more sense for them to stick with their letter series and honor Mr. Karsten with the "K". It's fitting if the K-series is the most forgiving in the line-up. He pioneered many of the game improvement innovations that we enjoy today.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

In all seriousness, I always though the Rapture name was weird anyway. Raptor would have been cooler. Rapture is just odd.

It makes more sense for them to stick with their letter series and honor Mr. Karsten with the "K". It's fitting if the K-series is the most forgiving in the line-up. He pioneered many of the game improvement innovations that we enjoy today.

For a while I actually thought it was Raptor. Then I saw the spelling difference, but only later did I realize the pronunciation difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any specs yet?

TM Superdeep TP 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard

TEE CB3 15 Motore Tour

Adams Idea Pro Tour Issue 20 KBS Hybrid

Titleist AP2 4-PW KBS Stiff

Taylormade XFT 52, 58, 64 KBS Hi-Rev Stiff

Cameron Coronado Welded Neck T Stamp

Taylormade Red (If they still made em)

• SPY VIP

9.5° 58° 460cc 45.75″ D3

10.5° 58° 460cc 45.75″ D3

These are the specs I have for them right now.

Any specs yet?

#TruthDigest

Archived