TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bridgestone Test Drive Program

There is nothing about this that should be controversial. If it doesn't interest you, big deal. So what? There's not a right or wrong to "prove". Geez.... It's not a scam or conspiracy.

Autozone will let you "borrow" tools for free. Guess what. They put a hold on your card for the value of the tool. If you don't bring it back, they charge your card and the tool is yours. Bring it back and no charge. No hard feelings either way.

Same thing here. You can choose to try their clubs this way or not. That's all there is to it. End of story.

The moral of the story this thread has become?

Don't be a TOOL! Chill out for crying out loud!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

This one is simple

The peoples action will speak directly to Bridgestone and If an overwhelming number of people mail order demos then it's a success. My prediction however is Bridgestone will see zero significant gains from this program and the whole thing will be a colossal waste of time and effort. Sure a gear junkie or 2 will try it out, but with the numerous other major brands already represented in local stores, as well as a demo day almost every weekend somewhere and the fact society in general is screaming to have everything a made easier for them Bridgestone is going to need to step up how they present themselves to the consumer.

With that said there is zero wrong with offering a program like this and to each his own whether you want to try it or not. It's simply there for you if you want it or not, no skin off your back if it's not your cup of tea.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

This one is simple

The peoples action will speak directly to Bridgestone and If an overwhelming number of people mail order demos then it's a success. My prediction however is Bridgestone will see zero significant gains from this program and the whole thing will be a colossal waste of time and effort. Sure a gear junkie or 2 will try it out, but with the numerous other major brands already represented in local stores, as well as a demo day almost every weekend somewhere and the fact society in general is screaming to have everything a made easier for them Bridgestone is going to need to step up how they present themselves to the consumer.

With that said there is zero wrong with offering a program like this and to each his own whether you want to try it or not. It's simply there for you if you want it or not, no skin off your back if it's not your cup of tea.

An opinion presented in an adult manner!  Good on you, lad!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This one is simple

Exactly. Well put.

• 2 years later...

wbealsd posted this is another thread -- not sure if we've discussed it, but we should. 

Personally, I think this is brilliant!

"I got an email from Bridgestone yesterday announcing that they're starting a demo program along these lines.

Have you tried Bridgestone Golf's new Test Drive program?  We ship new J15 demos to you! 
•Choose from over 100 unique sets with tons of shaft options
•Enter your information and pay a small shipping fee to your desired delivery address
•Try the clubs out for 21 days
•Feel free to have your local fitter bend the clubs to your preferred lies/lofts ensuring the perfect fit
•Re-package the clubs and send them back to Bridgestone using the INCLUDED pre-paid postage label
It's that simple.  Try today: http://testdrive.bridgestonegolf.com"

Would you participate?  If it's all free with shipping prepaid, what's the downside?  

Well, something has happened recently at Bridgestone Golf.  I'm not sure what but maybe someone closer to their management can find out.

If you go to their testdrive program webpage, it's non-existent.  When I inquired about it, I was told: 

"We have temporarily suspended the test drive program as we are working on improvements for the program."

Apparently, it wasn't working as well as they had hoped.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived