Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

#MediaKitMonday - adidas climaheat Half-Zip

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP
adidas climaheat kit-2.jpg

It's time for another edition of #MediaKitMonday. This time it's the climaheat half-zip training top from adidas Golf. Technically, it's more like a 1/3+ zip, but whatever. My measuring standards are fairly unofficial.

As you'll see from one of the photos, this is part of a new promotion adidas Golf is running to showcase seasonal products that reflect the actual conditions a good number of us are likely facing at the time the product ships.

If you're in Southern California, Hawaii, or anywhere else where it's always warm, there's little for you to see here.

It appears this is part of a larger 18/365 (18 holes, 365 days a year) campaign from adidas golf. If that's what they're going for, they should probably also send shovels...snow blowers, and warmer weather. I'm guessing I'm still 3 weeks to a month away from actual golf.

adidas climaheat kit-3.jpg

Quite frankly, snow boots would be more helpful for me right now, but for those of you who are actually playing golf, the climaheat line is designed to help keep you warm when the weather won't. 

The half-zip is made from the same polar bear-inspired hollow fiber material as the climawarm+ full-zip I showed you last year

adidas climaheat kit-9.jpg

While not tight, it fits snugly-enough to the body that nothing is going to flap in your way while you're trying to swing. Apart from the general comfort and stretch, I appreciate the fact that this has pockets. While it seems obvious-enough, not every piece of fleece-like outwear designed for cold weather play has them.

The packaging is actual functional and could hold a bit more than the half-zip, although truth be told, when it comes off I'll probably just cram it in my bag and leave it there until fall. That's how it usually goes.

adidas climaheat kit-6.jpg

Retail Price: $80

adidas climaheat kit-10.jpg

adidas climaheat kit-8.jpg

adidas climaheat kit-7.jpg

adidas climaheat kit-5.jpg

adidas climaheat kit-4.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Archived